007

Unexpected You

As the next day approaches,  Junhyung gets up, feeling sick, but that didn't stop him from going to school, he needed to go, just to go.

As he washes up, he wears his clothes and as he makes his way to the kitchen, his father approaches him.

"Son, are you okay? You don't look well," said Mr. Yong. Junhyung just smiles at his father and before you know it, he clasps into his father's arms.

 

Jieun sits in class, looking at her cellphone, "It's already 8:03AM, is he really not coming?" Jieun began worrying for Junhyung, she didn't know what was wrong.

Just then, Hyorin walks up to Jieun, "Where's my Junhyungie~?" Jieun just shrugged. Hyorin stomps away.

As the first hour class was over, Jieun looks at her phone again, "Should I call him since I'm on break?"

 

Junhyung finally awakes, he found himself in his bed, his mother was next to him.

"M..Mother..?" he softly asks. She looks down at him and rubs his head, "Are you feeling better, my son?"

Junhyung slowly gets up, "What are you doing here?" His mother just smiles and shakes head, "Of course I'm here, your father doesn't know what to do when you guys fall sick. You know that."

Junhyung chuckles as he remembered. "Mother, you don't work today?" he asks her. She shakes head, "Mother doesn't work anymore, mother stays with grandmother and grandfather to take care of them."

"Are they okay, Mother? Are they sick these days?"

His mother shakes head, "They're fine, they're just growing old, son."

"Where's father? He went to work?"

His mother shakes head, "No, he went to the store to buy medicine."

Ms. Yong gets up and went to get porridge for Junhyung.

"Eat, my son, hurry, before it gets too cold."

Junhyung smiles and eats, "Mother,... I really have missed your food."

Ms. Yong just smiles and nods, Junhyung then looks at his mother.

"Mother,... I was still young then, but,... Even until this day,... I wish you and father were still together,..."

"Son... I'm sorry."

"Mother... Junki and I have decided.... We're going to switch spots... Although, I know Junki comes over here often compared to me visiting you guys. But, we decided that I will come live with you, while Junki lives with father."

"Junhyung-ah..... You know you have to stay to help father here."

"But mother, I know you really miss me, you basically missed me during my teens and now I am almost an adult, I want to spend time with you too, mother!"

Ms. Yong began crying, "Son, that isn't apart of me and your father's agreement."

"Why? Is it because Junki isn't my blood related brother? I know he isn't, but I think of him as if he is. Mother, I don't really care! I love our family!'

"Son,..."

"Mother! I just want to be one family again! Is that so hard for us!!? I know it's not your fault, but please,... Junki and I aren't toys where you can just pass around!"

"YONG JUNHYUNG!!! SHUT YOUR MOUTH RIGHT NOW!" shouted Mr. Yong at the door.

Junhyung and Ms. Yong looks at Mr. Yong at the door.

"Father, did I say anything wrong? Did you and mother ever think of me and Junki's feelings? How we grew up with divorced parents? Do you know the struggle of getting called a boy with no mother around? I grew up being called orphan even when I had you, but because you weren't around for people to see, they judged me as an orphan! Do you know how much it hurted me? Imagine how much hurt Junki must've went through and persevere!!?"

Mr. Yong walks up to Junhyung and smacks his face. Ms. Yong protects Junhyung by hugging him. Junhyung doesn't look at Mr. Yong, but this reminded him...

"This was why mother left you too, father. Your anger and abusiveness, it still exists after all these years."

Mr. Yong shouts at Junhyung, "You and your mouth, it needs to be tamed!'

Mr. Yong leaves the room to find something. Junhyung doesn't cry anymore, because he remembered how it felt to be hit, he hasn't been hit for years.

Ms. Yong cries while begging, "Son, go, run away, mother will take care of your father!"

Junhyung shakes his head, "No, mother, today, I am strong enough to go through the pain myself."

Mr. Yong returns with yarn, "I'm going to tie your mouth up!" Junhyung challenges his father, "Do it, father. This isn't the first time."

Mr. Yong comes closer, Ms. Yong runs over to him, "Junhyung's father, stop, please!"

Mr. Yong still walks closer as he brushes Ms. Yong off, "Junhyung will know today who he's been messing with!! He's had too much freedom over the years!"

"Yes, father, hurt me like you never did before. This isn't the first nor the last time. Just go on ahead..."

Mr. Yong got to Junhyung, before he laid a finger on Junhyung, Ms. Yong comes over and shoves Mr. Yong aside, "Don't touch my son!"

Junhyung and Mr. Yong were both surprised for what she just did.

Ms. Yong has finally explode. "You dumb old man! Our son is right! You need to stop hurting him, Junki and myself included! Do you know how many years we all wished for you to change!!? We thought you did after you found a job, but you didn't! You're still the old you! You told me to wait for you to change and look how many years have gone by!!? Do you know I still waited for your dumb self? You told me to wait and I was still waiting! Do you know how much hurt and hope I had to tell myself each day!!? Do you!!?"

Mr. Yong falls down and kneels in front of Ms. Yong, "Honey... I'm sorry.... I can't change.... A person like me cannot change that easily... I'm sorry."

Ms. Yong cries even more and she keeps wiping her tears.

Mr. Yong cries and buries his face onto the ground, "Just kill me instead! I've done wrong! I don't deserve my own family!"

Ms. Yong goes on the floor, rubbing his back, "Stop... Thinking this way only kills you even deeper..."

Junhyung walks over to them, "I'm sorry I caused for what just happened... I did wrong!"

Mr. Yong gets up and hugs Junhyung, "I'm sorry! I'm such a bad father! I don't deserve you or Junki or your mother! I did wrong!"

Ms. Yong cries and hugs both of them, "I'm sorry for being a bad mother! I should've been more patient with your father! I'm sorry I took Junki away and left you here suffering alone! I'm so sorry!"

After all this, they each went to different rooms to cool down. Junhyung lays down with one of his arm covering his eyes, hoping today will pass and tomorrow will be a better day and for their family to become one again.

Just then, Junhyung receives a call...

 

"Hello?" Junhyung answers. "Junhyung oppa?" It was Jieun... Junhyung swallows, containing his emotions, "What is it?"

"Where are you? Why aren't you at school?" Jieun asks Junhyung.

"I.. I am under the weather actually..." Junhyung said while studdering because of his throat.

"Are you okay? Did you need me to come make you soup?" Jieun asks.

Junhyung gets up, "No... I feel really horrible today... I don't want you to bother me or be bothered."

"Are you sure? I can come after school?"

"No,... Thanks anyways."

Junhyung hangs up on Jieun. Ms. Yong knocks the door, "Can I come in?"

Junhyung nods, "Of course..." Ms. Yong came and sat down with Junhyung, she grabs one of his forearm, "Mother's sorry... Really..."

Junhyung shakes his head, "No, Mother,... I'm sorry to create such atmosphere today..."

Ms. Yong shakes her head, "No... We all needed it... We needed to solve problems..."

"I'm sorry it happened this way... I must have hurt you and father even more now, huh?"

"No, parents will always forgive their children.... Son,.... let's not tell Junki about this, okay?"

"I won't tell him, I don't want to hurt him. But mother...."

"Yes...?"

"Are you and father going to get together again?"

"I don't know yet,..."

"For Junki and I? Can that be the reason?"

"I'll see, son.... Now mother will go home, okay?"

"Bye mother, I'm sorry for today and everyday..."

Junhyung hugs his mother. He watches his mother leave to the bus stop, he comes back inside, his father was standing there waiting.

"Junhyung... sit down, let's talk...."

Junhyung sits down and Mr. Yong sits down, there was a table in between them, Mr. Yong puts soju on the table.

"Son, before anything,... I just wanted to apologize for slapping you earlier.... I got angry..."

Junhyung nods without looking at him. Mr. Yong pours drinks for himself and Junhyung.

"Son, we both know,... how much of a rude person I am and how much I don't deserve you nor the family..."

Junhyung remains quiet... Mr. Yong passes the glass cup to Junhyung, "Let's drink together.... I know you're still in high school, but..."

"Father.... Let's not drink today.... I'm sick, remember?" Mr. Yong stops himself from drinking, "I'm sorry..."

"I'm sorry, son,... Forgive me for being such a bad father and husband for this family!" Mr. Yong says loudly.

Mr. Yong then kneels down in front of Junhyung, Junhyung sits down with his father, "Father, don't do this! This isn't necessary!"

"I would turn back time if I knew there weren't going to be changes! I'm sorry!" Mr. Yong continues.

"Father! Get a hold of yourself!" Junhyung yells. Mr. Yong looks at Junhyung, "Son,.... I promise,... I'll bring your mother and.... brother home after five more paychecks.... I promise this."

Junhyung swallows his saliva, "Okay, father... Now go rest." Junhyung guides his father back to his room to rest, Junhyung tucks his father into bed.

Junhyung leaves the room, he goes into his room, he cried as he thought of what had happened earlier and what his parents said...

He thought he had left this depressing side of his life away, but it lived again today... He began growing sad and down..

He cries himself to sleep,....

 

Meanwhile, Jieun is at school, after school, Jieun decides to call Junhyung, still no answer. She starts worrying, then she saw Yoseob. Jieun approaches him.

Jieun softly spoke, "Yang,... Yang Yoseob?" Yoseob turns around, he jumps back, seeing Jieun close up for the first time in a while, "Ooh, Song Jieun..."

Jieun smiles and asks, "Do you think you can tell me Junhyung's address? I seem to forgot where he lives." Yoseob nods, he was relieved, yet felt bad she didn't ask for his number or anything.

Yoseob gives Junhyung's address to Jieun. Jieun takes the bus to Junhyung's house, she texted him, called him, no answer. After she arrived at Junhyung's house, it was already 5PM.

She sighs as she slowly approaches his house, not knowing what to expect. Jieun walks slowly to the door, slowly pressing the doorbell.

*ding dong* Junhyung gets up, he's tired and sick from the crying earlier, Junhyung slowly walks to the door.

Junhyung opens the door, he sees the person at the door, his vision blurs out, and he faints.

Junhyung fell to the ground, Jieun shrieks in panic and immediately went down his level feeling his head and cheeks.

His body and face was hot as fire, she calls out for help, no one answered.

"Yong Junhyung!!!! Wake up!" Jieun yells out. Just then, Mr. Yong comes out from his bedroom door, he panics.

He runs over to his son, pushing Jieun out of the way unintentionally, she gets up and gather her fingers together, worried.

Mr. Yong then asks and looks up at Jieun, "Who are you!!!? What did you do to my son!!?"

Jieun shook her head, "It wasn't me. I just came, he fell when he opened the door. I'm sorry!" Mr. Yong snickers away her answer and slowly carries Junhyung to his room.

Jieun helps him after she shuts the door. Jieun and Mr. Yong places Junhyung onto his bed, Jieun asks Mr. Yong, "Is this why he didn't come to school?"

Mr. Yong stumbles but nods, "I'll... I'll go get a bowl of water and a towel." Jieun sits there and looks at Junhyung with worried eyes.

"Don't be sick! Please, don't be sick!" she pleads Junhyung in his unconciousness. Mr. Yong comes back with the things.

Mr. Yong wrings out the water and folds the towel and places it on Junhyung's forehead.

Jieun asks, "Can you give me another one? His body is all hot and sweaty!" Mr. Yong hurries to get one and hurries back.

Jieun wrings out the water from the towel and began wiping Junhyung's face down to his body. Jieun just wanted Junhyung to get better.

After hours of watching over Junhyung, Jieun fell asleep on the floor next to Junhyung's bed, by then, it was 9PM already.

 

Junhyung gets up at 11PM, noticing the wet towel and remembering those days his parents taking care of him when he was sick when he were younger.

Junhyung gets off the bed and accidently steps on Jieun's hand, Junhyung looks down and just noticed, he quickly removed his foot and steps around Jieun.

Junhyung picks Jieun up bridal style and places her onto his bed, he looks at the time, it was already late, he didn't wanna wake her to go home.

Junhyung was also tired, he unknowingly falls asleep next to Jieun.

 

The next morning comes and Jieun wakes up first, Jieun notices this was not her room when she opens her eyes, she was trying to get up but her covers were too tightly wrapped around her.

Jieun wiggles herself out of the blanket and notices she was on Junhyung's bed, Junhyung wasn't on the bed anymore.

Jieun gets up and walks around his room, he was no where to be found. Jieun then peeks out the door, he smelled congee soup, but where was Junhyung?

Jieun closes the door and sits down on his bed, she began looking around his bedroom, thoroughly.

She notices he had so many awards with music in the past and a track ribbon for 5th place,.... Jieun chuckles, Jieun then looks at the family photos in his room.

It was a picture of him and his parents, with no Junki. Jieun assumes that Junki wasn't born yet. Just then, Junhyung comes through the door with a towel on his head.

Jieun turns over and looks, "Why didn't you wake me?" Junhyung was taken aback because he thought she'd be shy, but he thought about it and she probably didn't know they slept together in one bed.

Junhyung stutters, "Umm,.. I.. I need... I just needed a shower." Jieun nods and smiles, "I'm guessing you got better?"

Junhyung nods, "Sure... I feel better, after some medicine this morning, I feel better."

Jieun sighs in relieve, then Junhyung asks her, "Why did you come over last night?" Jieun then was taken aback, she don't know why, she was just worried.

Jieun then looks away and kept combing through her hair, "I.. I just wanted to see if... If you were.. I just wanted to see if you were okay to work on the song."

Jieun then turns back to look at Junhyung, "Good save" she mumbled to herself. Junhyung chuckles, "Oh, I thought you took care of me. I guess I thought wrong..."

Jieun then replied, "Well,.. I... Never mind." She catches  eyes with Junhyung's clock, it was already 8AM, luckily there was no school since it was a break day.

Jieun then said quickly, "I needa get home." Jieun packs her stuff, combs her bangs, "I gotta get home."

"Wait, don't go----" Junhyung said quickly, Jieun opens the door, Jieun meets eyes with Mr. Yong who was staring at them.

Jieun closes the door and whispers, "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Junhyung just stares at her.

Jieun then opens the door and clears and bows her head at Mr. Yong and quietly left the house. Junhyung closes his door and jumps onto his bed.

Jieun rushes home, getting away from Mr. Yong and her awkward meeting yesterday and getting home before her uncle finds out.

 

Mr. Yong crosses his arms and waits for Junhyung to come out of his room, he finally gets out.

"What?" Junhyung asks his dad, Mr. Yong smiles and chuckles, "When did you have a girlfriend?"

Junhyung smirks and said, "She's not even my girlfriend." Mr. Yong then asks, "Then who is she?"

Junhyung sits down at the couch, "She's my partner in my upcoming song. That's all..." After he said that, he was kind of in doubt of his answer.

Mr. Yong clears his throat and sits across from him, "Oh really? Do she know you think that way?" Junhyung stares at his dad, Mr. Yong turns away.

Mr. Yong then says, "Well, I'm just saying, if you like her, pursue her, if you don't, well... Don't lose her to be honest. She's a very kind and nice girl."

Junhyung then kept his stare at his dad, "WHAT!!?"

 

Junhyung goes inside his room and falls onto his bed cuddling with his bedsheets, "She stood here since five yesterday?"

Junhyung continues his sentence, "She took care of me.... She.. Touched my face... my bo.. bod.. body...."

Junhyung covers himself, "Should I feel violated?" Junhyung then goes out of his room and asks his dad, "Why didn't you take over!!?"

Mr. Yong chuckles, "How was I supposed to do that? She was so eager to do it." Junhyung shakes his head with embarrassment.

Junhyung shuts his door and sits on his bed, burying his face in his hands, he didn't know all of this. He was embarrassed.

 

 

While Jieun was going to go in her house, there was another gift bag, it said, "To Jieunnie~" Jieun made a nervous smile,...

Jieun took it inside and quietly walks inside her home, no one seemed home, she thought....

"SONG. JI. EUN." Uncle Gil said loudly. Jieun stops her steps and looks at Uncle Gil with a forced smile, "Yes?"

"Where have you been all night? Huh?" he asks her. Jieun swallows her saliva and forced a smile and said, "I was out somewhere...."

"Where!!?" Gil asks aggressively. Jieun stops her act and explains it to him quickly.

"And then, I guess I fell asleep and lost track of time and I woke up and I was on his bed and he wasn't even there. So I think he slept on the ground. Uncle, we did nothing, please spare us." Jieun explains.

Gil sighs and walks over to her and hugs her while patting her head, "Good... I thought I've lost you."

 

Jieun enters her room and opens up the gift bag and it was a small plush tigger keychain.

She doesn't even like Tigger.... Who likes Tig----

It clicked to her,... All those gifts she got... She know all of those gifts so well now.

Her eyes grew huge, her breath cut short, she looks around the room... She's scared.

She then whispers, "Bang Yongguk......"