003

Unexpected You

Junhyung came out from the bathroom shocked to hear that Ji Eun and Principal Gil were related.. He then sat next to Ji Eun.

Junhyung ask Ji Eun, "Are you Ji Eun?"

Ji Eun nods her head.

Junhyung ask another question, "Are you the Song Ji Eun?"

Ji Eun hesitated at first, but then she nods. Junhyung felt so relief that he sighs.

Junhyung then ask Principal Gil, "So she's your niece?" Principal Gil puts his head down and nods.

Junhyung was still surprised. "Is this why you wouldn't let me do a duet with her? Because she's your niece?" ask Junhyung

Principal Gil answers, "I thought you wouldn't like her voice, I actually mistakenly put her on the list and put wrong information about her. She is actually your age."

Junhyung was even more shocked. Junhyung felt so happy at that moment.

Junhyung requests to Principal Gil that he wouldn't tell anyone about their relationship if Ji Eun was his partner for the song.

Ji Eun looks at Principal Gil, Principal Gil glares at the two, and finally nods.

Junhyung said to Ji Eun, "Practice starts tomorrow then, is that alright with you?" Ji Eun nods.

Junhyung left the room filled with relief and somewhat happy?

Junhyung's thoughts

Am I happy right now? Psh, no.

Junhyung walks away happily and jumps for joy. Meanwhile in the nurse's office, Principal Gil is stressed out.

Principal Gil said to Jieun, "Jieun-ah! I told you to be careful!"

Jieun sat next to him and pats him on the shoulder and said, "Uncle Gil, it's okay. He was going to know anyways. Don't worry, I'll do the best I can to make you proud of me."

Principal Gil gives Jieun a smile and hugs Jieun and said, "I know you'll do great. I know you guys will do perfectly well on my song."

Jieun takes his arm off of Principal Gil and said, "About that, since we both have different taste in music, can me and Junhyung do our song? I don't mind your instrumental, but the lyrics, can me and Junhyung write them?"

Principal Gil shakes his head. Jieun looks at Principal Gil with her innocent look to make him say yes, which it worked. Jieun jumps for joy and hugs Principal Gil.

Jieun back walks in the nurse's office's door and said, "Oh yeah, uncle, since it's Thursday and my knee is injured, I'm not going to be at school today, okay? Bye uncle! See you at home!"

Jieun speed walks out the hall way and turn to a different hallway.

Jieun was really happy she finally will be heard, Principal Gil has never let her do anything in the school since Jieun embarrased herself when she was a sophomore at a different music school, she was so nervous that she stopped singing.

Jieun walks out of the school and threw her hands up in the air, exclaiming, "I can finally show people what I'm made of!"

Jieun then noticed that Junhyung was sitting there, so she puts her hands down.

Jieun apologized, "I'm sorry, I didn't see you there." Junhyung smiles and nods at Jieun.

Junhyung motioned Jieun to go sit next to him. Jieun shook her head no and points to her knee.

Junhyung remembers that she injured her knee just earlier, so he walks over to Jieun.

Jieun raises her eyebrows and asks Junhyung, "Is there anything you want to say to me? If not, I'm going home."

Junhyung didn't know what to say so he blurted out, "I wanna skip school with you too."

Even to what he said surprised him, Jieun was surprised herself.

Jieun replies, "Okay?" Jieun tries to walk down the steps carefully, while Junhyung just watches.

Jieun then said to Junhyung, "Oh, I just remembered, my bike is still here."

Junhyung then asks her, "Where is it?" Jieun replies,"It's at the back of the school, maybe by the time I go to get it, school will start soon, and I will have to go to school."

Jieun then pouts a little, Junhyung notices and ran at the back of the school and got her bike for her. When Junhyung ran to the back, he began walking when he began to think.

Junhyung's Thoughts

Why am I in such a hurry to get her bike? Perhaps cause it's my first time skipping school? But I don't feel pressured though.

Junhyung shook his head and jogged to get Jieun's bike. There were a few bikes already at the back, but Junhyung spotted the most girly bike, so he walked towards it. While Junhyung was gone, Jieun steps down to the last step and sat down, her knee started hurting to her patella. Jieun rubs her knees so they can be calm while rocking back and forth.

Jieun's Thoughts

I don't know why he wanted to skip school with me, I mean, I just really wanted to rest and sleep up today, but it seems that I can't. I don't even know what to do actually. Oh wait, does he even know which bike is mine?

Jieun pouts while waiting for Junhyung to come. Junhyung comes back while dragging the bike towards Jieun

Jieun was quite shock, Junhyung knew exactly which bike was hers. Jieun thought to herself how could Junhyung knew which bike it was.

Jieun then questions Junhyung, "How did you know this was my bike?"

Junhyung shrugs his shoulders and answered, "I just knew, it's a pretty dirty bike, and it has this peach color to it, I just thought it'd be yours."

Jieun was quite surprised Junhyung got it right. Jieun then nods and got up to walk towards the bike, she walks slowly, so Junhyung decides to help her drag her bike for her.

It was getting quiet and awkward so Jieun clears . Junhyung noticed clearing and he began to speak by saying, "So what do you want to do today?"

Jieun turned her head to look at Junhyung and smiled with her teeth and replied, "I'd much enjoy food." Junhyung's eyebrows went up and said, "Okay. Didn't know you'd want food right away."

Jieun nods happily and smiles. They then walked to the street food stores nearby, they were selling some Hawaiian Bread and steamed buns.

Jieun picked up two of each and was paid for it. Junhyung thought he was going to pay, but seeing that Jieun did, he just grinned and looked at Jieun.

After paying, Jieun walks away from Junhyung, surprising Junhyung, causing his eyebrows to come closer together, meaning, he was confused because he thought Jieun bought him food so he ended up buying himself two of each also.

After Junhyung bought his share of food, he continued to drag Jieun's bike.

Junhyung's Thoughts

That girl eats more than she looks. She is so seems skinny under all those jogging looking clothes, but I guess so.

Junhyung hurried over to catch up with Jieun, Jieun kept walking the best she can, Junhyung didn't know where she was going, but he followed anyways.

Jieun turned back and told Junhyung to hurry over, motioning him. Junhyung then puts his food in the basket of Jieun's bike and ran towards Jieun with the bike.

Junhyung then asked, "What are you in a rush for?" Jieun replied, "I wanna feed this one man I always see every morning, come on before he's gone."

Junhyung just followed Jieun to wherever she went, which was a river where people usually goes fishing.

Junhyung saw a man laying on one of the benches. Junhyung grabs Jieun's wrist to stop her from walking, Jieun turns to look at Junhyung and smiles and nod.

And Jieun got loose off of Junhyung's grip and walked towards the man laying on the bench. Jieun pokes the man's belly to wake him, and he did.

The man wasn't young, he was old, probably in his mid-80s. Jieun then gave both her steam buns to the old man and one of her Hawaiian Bread.

The old man smiled at Jieun and Junhyung and said, "You two will make a fine family just like when me and wife were young. Young love is the best. Thanks, Jieun for the food, you're always so kind."

Jieun smiled and thanked him back. Jieun then walked away, making Junhyung follow her. Junhyung lowered his head down to greet the old man and follows behind Jieun.

Junhyung then gave Jieun one of his steamed buns, "Here, I know you'll be hungry." Jieun's eyebrows rose up and smiled and took the bun and thanked Junhyung.

They went to eat at the small bridge nearby. Junhyung placed Jieun's bike against the brick bridge and asked Jieun, "Did you wanna sit up on the bridge?"

Jieun nods and climbed up the bridges by just pulling herself up there and then sitting, while Junhyung does the same.

Junhyung began eating the food and Jieun began feeding the ducks her Hawaiian Bread, Junhyung just smiles at her.

Jieun notices and smiles back and said, "Why are you looking at me like that? You did it a few times already."

Junhyung then hides his smile and said, "Oh, I just... I didn't know... Well, I didn't know nice people existed."

Jieun smiles and said, "Of course we do, but we're rare." Jieun then winks at Junhyung.

Junhyung was caught off guard so his steamed bun fell into the water, making all the ducks go around his food.

Jieun laughs, Junhyung was embarrased so he decided to get down from the bridge.

Jieun finished feeding the ducks all her bread, except her steamed bun, as she was getting down, she looks down and she didn't think the bridge was that low to the ground earlier, so she called Junhyung over to help her get down.

"Junhyung-ssi! Can you help me down?" asked Jieun. Junhyung nods and went to Jieun.

When Junhyung got there, he offered his hands to help her get down, Jieun jumps down, causing her steamed bun to drop onto the ground.

When she jumped down, she accidently stepped on Junhyung's feet, causing him to fall on his back, making both of them fall. Junhyung on the ground, while Jieun on top of Junhyung.

Both of them closed their eyes while they fell, as they landed, they both opened their eyes and noticed how closed their faces were to each other.

Both of them looked into each other's eyes as they grew bigger by the amazement of the situation they was in now.