005

Unexpected You

"You helped Mom cook all the food today?" Junhyung asked Junki. Junki nods as he swallows his food.

Junhyung was impressed, Junki was undeniably the better son who cooks. "Wah~ My little brother knows how to cook?" teased Junhyung.

Junki gave Junhyung the mean eyes and said, "Eat up!" Junhyung laughs and continued eating. By the time they were finished eating, it was already 9pm.

Junhyung and Junki watched TV together, they watched the show "Infinity Challenge". Just then Ms. Yong wakes up and goes to the living room and sat next to Junhyung.

Junhyung looks at his mother and smiled, Ms. Yong pets Junhyung's hair and smiles. "Son, you're home late. I'm already on my way home now."

Junhyung's smile fades and nodded, "Mom, I wish you can still live here with us." Ms. Yong smiled and said, "Son, if only.... I have to get going now if I don't go, the buses won't wait for me."

Just right then, the front door shuts, Ms. Yong gets up and grabs her things and went straight towards the door.

The person at the door was Mr. Yong, he looks into Ms. Yong's eyes that were avoiding him. "Leaving already?" Mr. Yong asks Ms. Yong.

Ms. Yong ignores his gaze and nods and puts on her shoes. Junhyung stood up from his seat and said, "Mom, it's late, let Dad send you."

Ms. Yong looks at Junhyung and shook her head, "I'll just take the bus, son." Junhyung walks towards his mother as Mr. Yong left the scene and went to his room and shuts the door.

Junhyung smacked his lips and said, "Dad..." Junhyung looks at his mother and said, "Mom, please stay one night? Me and Junki will sleep with Dad and you can sleep in my room."

Ms. Yong shook her head and said, "No, my son, I'll be picking Junki up on Sunday afternoon. Take care."

Junhyung grabs his mother's hands and asked, "Mom, can't you stay?" Ms. Yong shook her head as she lets go of Junhyung's hands. "Bye."

Ms. Yong leaves the house. Junhyung felt sad, but he didn't want to appear weak in front of his brother so he went and continued watching TV with his little brother.

 

 

"Do you miss mom that much, Hyung?" asked Junki as he continued to look at the TV screen. Junhyung smirks and said, "No, I just wanted her to stay the night here since it's late."

"Hyung... I've been thinking...." said Junki. Junhyung looks at Junki and asked, "What have you been thinking?"

Junki takes a deep breath and looks at Junhyung and said, "I think we need to change our places in our parents. I've been living with mom for more than five years, I think she misses you. And I think Dad misses me."

Junhyung felt a little pressure, but he knew his little brother was right. "My little brother, when did you get so smart?" Junhyung teased Junki.

Junki smiled and said, "Hyung, I'm not little anymore, I'm going to be turning 13 in two weeks." Junhyung looks at his brother and laughs, "Hyung will stay older than you and bigger than you.

Even if you're turning 50, I'm still the hyung." Junki rolls his eyes and said, "Hyung, I'm going to bed!" Junki walks to the room leaving Junhyung sitting alone, Junhyung turns off the TV and went to room also to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

Jieun washes the dishes with Jihyo. Jihyo laughs at Jieun's joke she just told. "Jieunnie~ you're too funny. But don't tell those jokes to boys, they'll never find them funny."

Jihyo said to Jieun as they were soaking the dishes in water. Jieun smiled at Jihyo and asked her quietly, "So, can I call you my Aunt now?"

Jihyo looks at Jieun and nods, Jieun was happy, but she wanted to hide it so she just smiled at Jihyo and nods.

Jihyo cleared and asks, "Jieunnie~ you're almost graduating high school and you never dated ever since that guy. Are you still scared?"

Jieun was taken back as she shook her head, "Auntie~ that's foolish, I've stopped thinking about him a long time ago. It's been three years already, I've moved on with life."

Jihyo smirked at her and nods, "Okay, because he told me he's coming to dinner next week."

Jieun's eyes grew bigger as she looks at Jihyo. Jihyo laughs at her and said, "I'm kidding! He's not. I'm just teasing you, Jieunnie~"

Jieun exhaled as a relief, she looks at Jihyo and said, "Aunt, don't play like that." Jihyo then said, "It's just... I saw him recently the other day at work." "Really?" Jieun said excitedly.

Jihyo nods and said, "I was working and he was one of the coffee delievers and he spotted me and was asking how we were all doing. He did mention you though..."

Jieun puts down the dish and asked, "What did he say?" Jihyo smiles at Jieun and puts the foamed soap on her nose and said, "Nothing special."

Jieun pouts and said, "Come on, tell me, Auntie~" Jihyo smiles and said, "He just asked how you were and if you had a boyfriend."

Jieun nods her head as she bit her lower lip looking away from Jihyo. Jihyo then added, "He said he wanted to meet soon too."

Jieun looks at her with worried eyes and said, "Auntie~ What do I do? I can't meet Bang Yongguk again. I'm afraid." Jihyo washes her hands and gave Jieun a hug and said, "It's okay, he seems normal now." Jieun looks at Jihyo and smiles and nods.

 

 

After doing the dishes with Jihyo, she went to shower, as she got out of the shower, she wraps herself in her light blue towel and went over to the mirror and wiped the steam.

Jieun smiled at the mirror and said, "It's going to be okay, if she said he's changed, he must've changed."

Jieun goes out and changed into her clothes, she then lays on her bed, she noticed that her knee was skimmed from earlier that day.

Jieun then opens the drawer of the nightstand next to her bed and puts a band-aid on her injured knee.

Jieun then thought about Junhyung... "Junhyung, I think I'll just call him that, he looks like he doesn't like nicknames." Jieun goes to sleep.


Since there were no school on Friday, Jieun slept in, but a text woke her up, it was from Junhyung, it read, "Jieun? Do you mind meeting up with me today at the Central Park where cherry blossoms are growing?"

Jieun squints her eyes as she is still struggling to open it, she replied, "Sure, what time?"

Junhyung replies, "1pm, will that do?" Jieun answers with, "Yes, see you then."

Jieun looks at the time, it was 10am already, Jieun still felt tired, but she managed to get up and washed up. Junhyung honestly just woke up too and washed up.

 

 

Jieun gets dressed, she wears a white t-shirt and threw a black with white cats design romper skort on and wore some floral socks with mid-ankle boots and a brown messenger bag.

Jieun puts on her BB Creme and drew in her brows, then she puts an orange shade of eyeshadow and puts it only on her lids. She then grabs the liquid eyeliner and lined her liner thinly near her eyelashes.

She then put mascara on her lashes and puts on a peach blush shade on the apple of her cheekbones.

Jieun uncharges her phone and looks at the time, it was almost twelve thirty, she then left out of her room, she saw Gary and Jihyo eating snacks together, she leaves them alone and walks quietly to the living room, seeing her uncle Gil sitting on the couch watching television.

Jieun goes behind Gil and covers his eyes and said, "Guess who?"

Gil laughs and said, "Jieunnie~, we all know you're the only one who does this type of stuff."

Jieun uncovers his eyes and pouts her lips, "But uncle.... Isn't it fun?" Gil looks at her and smiled, "It is."

Jieun smiles and said, "I'm going out." Jieun turns her back on Gil, "Okay, be sure to come back before 8pm sharp!" Gil said to Jieun.

Jieun turns back to face Gil and nods with a smile.

Jieun leaves the house and out of the gates of the house, there was a gift bag that hung onto the door, Jieun was curious so she takes a peek inside the bag, it had white chocolate in it with a note saying, "We will meet soon~" Jieun smiled and said, "Uncle Gil has a secret admirer or something?" Jieun puts the note and chocolate back in the bag and hung it around the gate knob and walked to the park.

 

 

Junhyung goes to the bathroom and geled his hair up, some of his hairs weren't going up so he had to keep using the gel to put his hair up.

When he was done, he checks the time, it was almost twelve, Junhyung goes to his room and looks through his closet and chose a faded white t-shirt with leaves on it and threw his black hoodie over that and wore black and white plaid shorts and went out of his room.

Junhyung walks to the kitchen, Junki had prepared some rolled up eggs and squid soup for lunch, Junki was still cooking more for lunch.

Junhyung sits down at the table and asked, "Junki, there are so many rolled up eggs, are you going to finish them?"

Junki looks over at Junhyung as he stirs up the vegetable stir-fried, "No, you have to eat a lot today." "Where's Dad?"

"He left for work already, I packed him a lot of the food that was leftover for breakfast this morning and some of those food." "Okay, can I take a lot?"

"Sure, save me enough though." Junhyung searched for a container to put the rolled up eggs in it, he stuffed as much as he can, it probably packed about 20 pieces.

Junhyung looks at the time, it was already 12:30pm, his eyes enlarged. Junki looks over to Junhyung as he puts the hot pan down, "Hyung, what is with your face expression?"

Junhyung looks at Junki, "Junki, I have to take you out with me, I forgot to ask you, but I have someone I have to meet today, you have to come along."

"Why? I rather stay home and cook." "JUNKI!!! We have to get going! Get dressed!" Junki frowns as he took off his apron and said, "Pack us a lot of food!" Junki goes to Junhyung's room and changes, while Junhyung packs every food that Junki has made on the table.


Jieun got off the bus stop, it was nearly 12:45pm, Jieun goes find a bench at the park, no benches were available, so she sat on the curbs, Jieun stares out at the cherry blossom trees, the flowers were starting to blossom so much, it made her happy.

Jieun smiles as she stares into all the trees that were by her and enjoyed the breeze, spring was truly here. Jieun looks at the time, it was almost 1pm, she didn't see Junhyung anywhere, until she heard her name from the opposite of her, "JIEUN-SSI!!!!!"

Jieun turned to look, she saw Junhyung running with his bookbag and another guy right behind him. Jieun smiles as she waved at them.

Junhyung finally gets to Jieun and he was breathing really hard, Jieun looks around for water she noticed people selling water bottles nearby so she went and bought two, Jieun gave it to them.

 

 

After resting, Jieun stares into the flowers, Junhyung and Junki tries to calm themselves down and rest. Junhyung cleared his throat and said, "Jieun, did you want to meet my brother?"

Jieun turns over and nods, Junki peeks his head next to Junhyung and waves at her, Jieun smiles at him.

"He's cute, what's his name?" Jieun asks as she looks at Junki, Junhyung side smiles and said, "He can introduce himself to you."

Junki peeks out and offers his hand for a handshake and said, "I'm Junki, Junhyung's little brother."

Jieun smiled at him and accepted his handshake and shook his hand and said, "I'm Jieun, Junhyung's partner."

Junki's eyes look at Junhyung as a smile grew on his face and said, "You're lucky."

Junki smiled at Jieun and asked, "Do you have a boyfriend?" Junhyung breaks their handshake and pushes Junki back and said, "Stop it, she's a Noona to you!"

Junki smacks his lips, "Fine, just say she's yours!" Junhyung scoffs as Jieun smiles at the two and just looked at them. 

Junhyung takes off his bookbag and opened it and gave Junki his lunchboxes, Jieun noticed and asked, "Are you guys having a picnic?"

Junki nodded with a smile, "Yes, Jieun Noona~!" Jieun blushed at that, she never had anyone call her 'Noona' before, she smiled at Junki and said, "I brought a blanket, let's go find somewhere to sit then?"

Junki nodded, as he carries his lunchboxes, Jieun gets up, Junhyung follows both of them.

 

Jieun puts the blanket on the grass and sat down with the two guys, Junki opens his lunchboxes and began eating, he noticed Jieun enjoying the weather and asked, "Jieun Noona~ can I call you that?"

Jieun turned and faced him and gave him a smile along with a nod. Junki smiled widely and said, "Did you want to eat with me?"

Jieun shook her head, "You need food more than me. You're so small. Eat them all!" Junki laughs as he continued eating.

Junhyung rolled his eyes at both of them and laid down to look at the clouds. Jieun stretches her legs out and looks at the clouds too, Jieun sighs because she really liked the clouds and the weather today.

Junhyung asked, "Jieun-ssi, is there something wrong?" Jieun turned at him and shook her head.

Junhyung then nodded, causing Jieun to look at the clouds again. Jieun inhales the nature's air and smiled, Junki looked over to Junhyung and taps him with his shoe and gave Junhyung a smile.

Junhyung gave Junki a weird look back. Jieun then asked, "Junhyung, do you like this weather as much as I do?"

Junhyung replied, "Maybe, maybe not." Jieun answers back, "Why? I love this weather the best!" Junhyung and Jieun just began talking while Junki finishes up his food.

 

 

After Junki finished eating, he met some of his friends and played sports at the park, Jieun and Junhyung just sits on the blanket alone.

Junhyung asked, "Why did you agree to work with me so fast?" Jieun looked at him and said, "I wanted to."

Junhyung looks at Jieun with one of his eyebrows raise up, "Why?" Jieun looks away and said with a smile, "It's because someone finally wanted me, my uncle never allowed me to work with people. I'm glad he does now."

Junhyung looks up, "OOh~ That's why. Jieun-ssi, did you want me to call you Jieun-ssi or Jieun?"

Jieun turned to look at him and said, "I thought I told you you can just call me Jieun. Nothing special needed."

Junhyung nods and closes his eyes to enjoy the wind blowing at them. Jieun was looking at Junki and his friends play sports and asked, "Do you play sports?"

Junhyung lays down on his black and said, "I do...." Jieun asked, "What kind?"

Junhyung was getting nervous since he was lying, he does play sports, but Junhyung wasn't the type to do sports, he prefered music.

"I'm kidding. I'm not into being as active. I'm a different active." One of Jieun's eyebrows rose up and asked, "What is it?" "Music." Junhyung said with a smile on his face.

Jieun couldn't help but smile also.  They both continued looking at the clouds, Jieun lays down  as she closes her eyes and felt the wind.

Junhyung looks at her weirdly and asked, "What are you doing?" Jieun opens her eyes and smiles, "Nothing. I'm just enjoying the weather while it's lasting." Junhyung nods and closes his eyes also.

 

 

Junki ran over to the two who were laying on the blanket and grass and asks, "Hyung, Noona, did you guys want to play tag with us at the playground?"

Jieun opens her eyes and got up and said, "Sure." Junhyung fell asleep so he didn't answer, Jieun turns over to look and notices and said, "Junki-ah, we should just leave him here to sleep, right? He seems tired."

Junki nods and offers his hand to help Jieun up, Jieun accepts and got up to go to the playground. Jieun and Junki walks to the playground together, side by side.

Junki looks over at Jieun and clears his throat and asks, "Noona~ Why did you choose Hyung as a partner? In the past, people always came to him or he was assigned to choose."

Jieun turns over to Junki and said, "He chose me at first, but I was scared so I declined, now I agreed to be his partner because he seems like he'll take care of me well."

Junki smiles and nods and said, "Hyung is a good person. But I know someone better." Jieun replies, "Ooh~ Who?" Junki smiles and points at himself, "Me!"

Jieun laughs and said, "You're too baby for me." Junki pouts and said, "It shouldn't matter."

Jieun told him, "I'll tell you what, you'll find someone nicer and prettier than me who's your age. Just keep looking." Junki smiles and said, "Noona, if I don't, will you be my Noona forever?" Jieun smiles and nods.

 

 

Junhyung wakes up from his nap, Junhyung gets up as he opens his eyes, he checks the time, it was already 4pm, where was Jieun and Junki?

Junhyung packs up the blanket and containers and puts them in the bag and went around the park to find them.

Junhyung wanders off to the basketball courts and didn't find them there. He then went to the tennis court, they weren't there either. Where could they have gone to?

Home? Junhyung then walks towards the playground and heard laughing and giggling. Junhyung spots Jieun playing with Junki and his friends, he hurries over.

Jieun was playing lava tag with them and she laughed a lot that day. "Junki-ah! You can't climb things, that only makes it harder on me!" Jieun yells.

Junki sticks out his tongue and said, "It's because you told me to only be a dongsaeng to you!"

Jieun was going to run off and catch the others, but she stopped when Junhyung came in front of her, she smiles and asks, "You've woken up, Junhyung?"

Junhyung looks at Jieun with dark eyes then to his brother, Junki gets down from the slide top and walks over to Jieun's side, Junhyung asks, "Why didn't you guys wake me up?"

Jieun and Junki looks at each other and nods and Jieun spoke up and said, "Because we thought you were tired so we just wanted you to have some rest."

Junhyung realizes they were telling the truth and said, "Okay. Well, are you guys done playing?" Junki asks, "Are we going home already?" Junhyung nods.

Junki frowns and said, "You didn't even do anything. And if we were to go home, you'll just sleep again."

Jieun asks Junki, "Did you want to come over to my house? We can play Super Smash Bros?"

Junki's eyes grew bigger and nods then turns over to Junhyung and asks, "Hyung, can I?" Junhyung looks at Jieun who was smiling at him and answers, "No." Jieun and Junki frowns.


Author Note: Sorry for the super duper late update, I've just been busy with school and I had a lot writing assignments to do for the semester. Please forgive me. TT.TT Anyway, I hope you guys liked this, I'll try to finish up this fic by autumn, if not, whenever. I'm really sorry for the late update. I hope you guys enjoy. :) -adurrrh94<3