Changing of Fate

Twin Songs

Present Tense:

Lights flashed to the beat of the music playing through the club. Everyones hearts were pumping with adrenalin making people forget any worries. My fingers ghosted over the metal strings of my new electric guitar, as beautiful notes hung in the air.Trying to forget everything from today as I focused only on the rythem. At first this place had been an escape from school, but now? An escape from everyday life...

12 Hours Earlier:

'I got it! I got the letter!' My brothers voice rang through the house.

He had tried to get in at the new school to train idols, and the letter had finally arived. Since the death of our parents a year ago, Kwan, my twin brother had tried to do his best in their place. He wanted to sing, and become an idol in hopes to give me a good life. I only wanted to play my guitar.

'What does the letter say?' I hope he gets in.

'It says ... I GOT IN!' He almost screamed he was so excited.

Knew he would. Being the smart sister that I am, a cake had already been prepared for him. He has already done so much for me, I thought the least I could do was get his favorite cake. It didnt take long for me to get the cake from the bakery across the street. Kwan looked so happy, and he was across the street in the opposite direction waiting for me. Smiling at him, I lifted the cake box to show it to him. Kwan seemed as if his feet weren't even touching the groung as he walked across the street. My smile still fresh on my face as a silver car screeched by me. Everything froze as it skidded into the crosswalk as my brother
flew through the air. I watched as the car continued to drive away while my brothers body laid there in the road. Frozen, my mind had gone blank. None of this could be happening. We should be eating cake at home, not in the waiting room of the hospital.

After a few hours the lead doctor came to me with a sad look on his face. Runnin to Kwans hospital bed, I could see the needles and machines surrounding him. I wanted to cry and curse anyone who came near me, but nothing would come out. Not even a single tear fell as I looked down at Kwan as he tried to from words while faking a smile.

'Take my place at the school. You will be living in a dorm, and they feed you. I Love you Eun...' No, Please NO!!

The sound of the machines freaking out drowned out any thoughts. Even as the nurses and doctors tried to get his heart going again. My last family member gone, in a vegetable state. Holding the cake box in one hand, and the letter in my other, I walked towards my house with a black hole for my heart.How my feet carried me to my house, I didnt know, but opening the front door left a numb feeling. The opened front door revealed a cold breeze that went strait to my heart, filling it with lonliness. Silence overwhelmed the house crushing me to the floor as the built up tears forced their way down my face in a never ending river of sorrow. Running into the bathroom and grabbing the scissors, I cut my hair as the strands began to pile up around my feet.

Present Tense:

Not sure how long I played my guitar, but the metal strings had already started to cut through the callousus on my fingers.
The other band members playing didnt notice until my strings had turned crimson, but no matter what they said, I continued
to play until my guitar was ripped out of my hands. One of the members apparently had enough of watching me do this to
myself. Looking down at my hands covered in blood, it still didnt sink in that I should be in pain, but nothing seemed real
anymore. I just didnt want to return to the empty house waiting for me. The group was trying to talk to me, but it seemed
as if someone had put the whole world on mute. None of them knew about my brother lying in the hospital in a coma. None
of them knew that the doctor had told me that my TWIN brother would never wake up again only hours ago. My brother
wanted me to go to the stupid school for idols in his place. Why should I? Not only was it ONLY for GUYS, but guitar was
my life, not singing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It must have been about a weeks time that went by before the world threw me back into the madness of society. A large moving truck had been sitting in the driveway waiting for me to grab my things to be brought to my dorm at the University for Idols. Never even cared to remember the name of the place. It took about an hour before the car arrived at the University. The place was MASSIVE! There were so many windows, and the building looked as if it never got dirty from everday life.

My room seemed to be one of top floor ones after going a couple stories.The room itself was overly large with two seperate rooms and a living space. The other person who must be staying here hadnt come yet since both bedrooms were empty. Choosing the one to the right with a view of trees I started to unpack. It didnt take long, and since one of the boxes would be the hardest to deal with, I left it for last after checking out my room. Looking in the closet, it revieled a little corner that could hide smaller things. Glancing around I slowly unpacked the last box. Inside was some well.. woman stuff from bandages for my chest to other things. Luckily my chest had been easy to hide, but being careful would still be an underastatement when surrounded my nothing but guys. One girls idea of heaven would become my personal hell. Carefully placing the items in the corner with some boxes in front to cover the hiding place I checked to make sure everything was in place. Staring at the small bookshelf I decided to put my brothers picture of us between two of my favorite books. At least my room looked like a guys, right? After moving things around a little more I heard the noise of the dorms front door opening. Opening my door I came face to face with the biggest diva I had ever met. ...

 

________________________________________________________________________________

Please leave a comment! I really love to read the comments that you leave!

<3 <3 <3