Innocent

Invisible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara awoke abruptly to the buzzing of her alarm clock. She lazily reached over and turned it off. She laid in her bed for a few moments and stared at the ceiling. Her mind ablaze with memories, Dara reached up touched the ring hanging from her neck. She supposed it was time to remove it. She felt her heart break a little as she reluctantly released the clasp and removed the chain from her neck. She took a moment to admire and remember the memories that the ring held for her before placing it in the drawer of her bedside table. Although removing meant she was break her promise, Dara knew it was time to move on from her little girl dreams and face reality. Jiyong never loved her and never would. Now she was going to make him see just what he was losing and get revenge for hurting her. Dara got up and spent the day pampering, she had to look her best for this party.

When eight rolled around Dara was all gussied up and ready to roll. She was just putting on her heels when the familiar ring of her doorbell reached her ears. Dara walked over and pressed the intercom button, “Hello?” Dara heard a hoarse cough before a familiar voice filled the air. “My lady, your chariot awaits you.” Dara smiled and raced to grab her things and hurried out the door. When she got outside Dara was stunned to see George standing their toothy grin in a suit. George hated suits; he always said they were itchy. “George it’s been a while since I saw you last.” The old man smiled and pulled her in for a hug. “Indeed it has, I believe the last time was the day I found you walking home in the rain…” Dara nodded and smiled grimly, she wished he would just forget about that day, she never wanted to talk about it. “You served Jiyong’s father for as long as I can remember. How many years is it now? Twenty? Thirty? I thought you would have retired by now.” George shook his head. “I am retired, I work for Seunghyun now. He hires me part time for special occasions. You know me; I could never give up working for good. Work keeps an old coot like me busy. But enough jibber jabbers we must be going or we will be late.” George opened the door and waited until Dara was seated firmly inside before getting into the driver seat and pulling away.

 Dara looked out the window taking in the city as it passed by her. It did not take long before she was bored and looked around the car for a way to entertain herself. Her eyes fell on a gift bag wedge underneath the seat on the floor. Prying it from its hiding place and picking it up Dara read the name on the card and saw, that it was for her but there was no name indicating whom it was from.  Dara assumed it was from Seunghyun since it was his car after all. Dara carefully opened the bag and took out the tissue paper. At the bottom of the bag was jewelry box. Dara took it out and slowly lifted the lid. What s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter