Bittersweet

Oneshot Collection

 

 

"Sorry for keeping you waiting. Here's your order," the waitress said as we were handed our food, a cup of black coffee for Yuri and my favorite ice cream sundae..

 

 

Yuri and I are currently in caffe bene, a famous cafe here in Seoul. We were just finished with practicing for our latest dance choreography and so we decided to take a rest here. We were seated facing each other.

 

 

"Time to dig in," I said as I stared hungrily at my mint chocolate chip ice cream sundae. I just can't wait to eat it.

 

"YAAH!! IM YOONA! Didn't I tell you I'm on a diet." Yuri said, irritated.

 

"And what of it? I'm not the one on a diet. Kekeke.." I continued eating my little piece of heaven. Ahhh... that hits the spot.

 

"But you could have the decency to drink coffee with me instead," she said, sipping her coffee.... non-fat of course....

 

"I don't like bitter stuff."

 

"You could have some tea instead."

 

"Nah, I want something sweet."

 

 

I heard her sigh while she looked at my sundae. Maybe I should a little...

 

 

"Looks like you want some, here.." I scooped some ice cream. "...but you’re on a diet. Too bad"

 

"Hey, don't be mean." Yuri looked at my hand holding the spoon with the ice cream.  A little bit more.... kekekeke

 

"Okay.Just one bite alright. Say aaahhh..."

 

"ahhhh..."

 

 

 

 

I immediately ate it instead of giving it to her.

 

Hahahaha! The prankster got pranked.

 

"Aiisshhh... you're horrible."

 

"But it’s out of love, you know. I did it out of love, to help you with your diet. hahahaha!"

 

 

============

 

 

We were walking towards the dorm when I heard her sigh again.

 

 

"You know, if you wanted it that bad, you should have just ordered it." I told her. I kinda feel a little bad for her now.

 

"No. I told you that I want to lose some weight," she pouted.

 

"What for? You're already thin enough as it is"

 

"So I can be prettier"

 

 

I leaned closer towards her and then proceeded to kiss her on the lips.

 

 

"It was sweet right?" I can see her face turning red under the lamppost's light. I smirked.

 

"Uuuh... it was sweet," Yuri muttered, blushing.

 

"You tasted bitter though." I ran after the remark, chuckling.

 

"You’re dead if I catch you, Im Yoona." she exclaimed, running to catch me.

 

 

I stopped running and went towards her. I grabbed her hands and smiled. Although shocked, she didn't remove my hands from her. I can feel her warmth coming through. Our hands held together as we walked back to the dorms.

 

 

I really wanted something sweet, but bitter stuff ain't so bad either.