Forever

Oneshot Collection

 

 

 

"Ah... Don't be like this, Taeyeon." I pleaded her as she went towards me, little by little.

 

"Can't I...just a little...  Sunny?" Taeyeon said as she placed her hands on my cheeks.

 

"No...!" I pushed her away. "I'm just saying! Don't hold me with your freezing hands!"

 

"Share your warmth, Sunny-ah." I anticipated her hugging me again so I ran away from her.

 

 

"Hahahaha..."

"Their relationship is so great."

"Are they dating?"

"Nah... they're not."

"It's because they're childhood friends." I heard my classmates who were watching us.

 

 

============

 

 

"So cold~" I heard Taeyeon say. "I forgot to bring gloves. Is it okay if I hold your hands?"

 

"Aissshhh... What am I supposed to do with you?" I held her hands as we walked away from the school.

 

"Ehhh.... but Sunny's body temperature is always higher."

 

"No. Yours is just too low."

 

 

Taeyeon and I grew up together. It's only natural that we'd always be together. Always enjoying each other's company. So drowning in this sweet relationship, my feelings that were more than just friendship could never get across.

 

 

 

"Wait for me. I'm going to buy something first." I entered the convenience store along the way and bought some coffee for the two of us.

 

"Sorry for making you wait, Taengoo."

 

 

I noticed a child near her. His face was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen.

 

 

"Oh...Who is that little boy?" I asked her. "Is he your cousin?"

 

"Ah?" Confusion can be seen from her face.  "What little boy?"

 

"What are you saying?! He's right next to you!"

 

"Huh?!" Taeyeon looked around. "There's nobody here! Are you okay?"

 

"That's what I should be asking you!"

 

"..."

 

"...wait... Are you telling the truth?" Taeyeon's face went pale.

 

"Ah... eh?"  I shivered from the fright and dropped the coffee. I felt goosebumps all over my body.

 

...that... No way! Am I the only one who can see that kid?"

 

 

"Ah ghost!!" We both yelled and run away as fast as we can.

 

 

================

 

 

"I'm home!" sigh "Ah... To think I saw a ghost"

 

"I'm not a ghost." The ghost that I saw from earlier said. "Welcome back, human girl."

 

 

"KYYYAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!" The ghost followed me!

 

 

 " I'm sorry... I'm sorry... Please rest in peace." I closed my eyes and recited all the prayers that I know of in my head.

 

"...You can really see me, huh...This is awesome! This is the first time I've met a human like you." I can feel the ghost inspecting me as I was crouched down saying my prayers 

 

 

Please God, make him go away....

 

 

"Ah. As a token of meeting you, I'll tell you something important...:"

 

 

I felt something soft brushed past my arms. I peeked at him and saw a white pair of wings on his back.

 

 

"Ah..." The ghost is actually an angel. Thank God!

 

 

"Your precious Taeyeon is about to die." I heard the child say, snapping me back to reality. "I'm here to guide her, an angel."

 

 

What are you saying?!

 

 

===================

 

 

 

"Ah? What? A dream?" I woke up with a start. "Hmm.... of course, angels aren't real."

 

 

 

There's no way Taeyeon would die...

 

 

I prepared myself for class and saw Taeyeon waiting for me outside of my house.

 

 

"Good morning, Sunny!" greeted Taeyeon.

 

 

That weird boy's not here...  It was a dream.... Of course it was.

 

 

"What is it?" Taeyeon asked, clearly worried.

 

"Nothing." I replied.

 

 

As we were walking by the sidewalk, I saw a young woman with a child next to her, waiting to cross the street.

 

 

 What is that? A child with wings? It's just like yesterday's dream. 

 

 

"Ah, Taeyeon. Can you see that little girl? Next to that person..."

 

"Ah? What are you talking about?

 

 

 

 

I heard a car honk and screeched. I looked back at the young woman only to find her all bloodied up on the road.

 

That girl came... to guide that person... an angel? It wasn't a dream that Taeyeon is going to die... God... please no....

 

 

===============

 

 

 

"Witnessing that car accident, Sunny, are you alright?" Taeyeon asked. "Sunny?"

 

Taeyeon is going to die? No wayyy... She's so healthy. But that woman is also young. Then, Taeyeon will also... from an accident?

 

 

" Hey Lee Soonkyu!" Taeyeon patted my head.

 

 

"Taeyeon" I mumbled.

 

 

Taeyeon suddenly squeezed me really hard.

 

"Ah! So cold!!!" I shouted at her, surprised. "Yahhh!! Kim Taeyeon!!"  I glared at her

 

 

"You're finally looking at me" Taeyeon said, relieved.

 

 

She's going to die... Please let it be a lie...

 

 

I hugged Taeyeon.

 

 

Because we're always together....

 

 

"Sun...."

 

"Starting now, I have a weird favor to ask of you. But, don't ask me anything. Just listen."

 

 

More important than anyone else... My favorite person

 

 

"From now on, Don't go out without me. I can't tell you the reason right now. You can't leave me okay?" I hugged her as if she was my lifeline. "Please.... I'm begging you."

 

 

"Okay. I get it." Taeyeon heaved a sigh.  "You wouldn't say this without a reason anyways. You said it with so much passion too. But when the time comes, you must tell me the reason, okay?"

 

 

Taeyeon isn't going to die. I will protect her...

 

 

 

=====================

 

 

 

"It's useless." The angel said to me. "Because it's already predetermined." 

 

"Aren't you an angel?! If you are, save her!"

 

"I can't. It's because an angel's task is to guide. It's regretful, but... gods and angels helping humanity... It's only a fantasy that humans imagined."

 

"Fine. I'll just do whatever it takes in order for her not to die."

 

"You can't do anything for her either." The angel whispered, barely audible for my hearing.

 

 

 

=======================

 

 

 

"What? You seem kind of down..." Taeyeon said as we were having our lunch break.

 

"Ah... well.."

 

 

Sorry... but.... I have to lie to you.

 

 

"The truth is, I've had diarrhea since this morning. Hehehehe"

 

"That's so typical of you. Hahahaha..." Taeyeon laughed. "Can't you say it in some other way?"

 

 

I noticed something fast heading in our direction.

 

 

"Taeyeon watch out!!!" I pushed her away as I anticipated the impact from the broken shards of glass that was cascading down on me.

 

 

"What? What happened?!" A passing student exclaimed. "The baseball team broke the window..." I heard another student say.

 

"Sunny?.... Sunny!" I looked at Taeyeon's eyes as she held me in her arms, my consciousness slowly ebbing away from me.

 

 

=====================

 

 

"Sorry to bother you all." I apologized to everyone in the school infirmary. I glanced at Taeyeon. She is clearly distraught at what had happened earlier.

 

"Are you mad at me, Taeyeon" I asked her when we were the only ones left in the room.

 

"Of course I'm mad! Just to protect me...." Taeyeon frowned. "If anything happened to you..."

 

"It's okay. I'm strong." I assured her.

 

 

In order to keep her safe... I'm not afraid of anything.

 

 

"But if it leaves a scar, I have to marry you then. Hahaha." I joked.

 

"...Is that so." Her built up tension from the accident dissipated. She looked at me straight in the eyes. "Even if there's no scar, I'd take you any day."

 

 

I can feel the heat rushing to my cheeks from her sudden remark.

 

 

"Ah... That's... because..I've never considered anyone other than you before." Taeyeon shyly confessed

 

"I also...I also like...like..."

 

"I've always liked you!" I blurted out.

 

"Great! You do? You really do?!"  Taeyeon hugged me. Both of us emanating happiness.  "Then, from now on, we must always, always be together!"

"Yes!"

 

 

"I'm gonna go out for a while. Do you want anything?"

 

"No, I'm fine. But thanks for asking anyways."

 

 

As soon as Taeyeon left the room, I remembered what the angel told me. Tears started flowing from my eyes. 

 

 

<"Your precious Taeyeon is about to die.">

 

 

 

We were always together eversince we were young, and we'll be together from here on too... Always together.... We can be together... Right? Taeyeon?

 

 

 

=================

 

 

 

"Do you want to go somewhere tomorrow?" Taeyeon asked me.

 

"No! It's really dangerous outside!" I suddenly exclaimed to her. Taeyeon's face conjured a rather quizzical look.

 

"You can tell me the reason now, right?"

 

"No... no I can't." I stammered, her expression sad. "I'm sorry but please..."

 

 

It's already been a week.. The angel is still standing next to her. I don't know what's going to happen... I'm so scared....

 

 

"It doesn't matter where we're going, as long as I'm with you. Then for tomorrow's date, we'll just stay home all day," she suggested.

 

 

 

=============

 

 

 

We are now at my house for a first date. It would have been better if we could go out just like ordinary couples but I'm really scared of what would happen to Taeyeon outside.

 

 

"Hey. How about we watch a DVD?" Taeyeon held an action-comedy flick.

 

"Hmmm.... okay."

 

 

She placed the disk on the player and cuddled me afterwards.

 

 

"What?"

 

"I'm really very happy." she smiled.

 

"What are you saying all of a sudden?"

 

"Aren't you happy, Sunny?" she asked, panic-stricken.

 

"Of course I'm happy."

 

 

I smiled and inched closer towards her closing the gap between us. I held her nape, pulled her slowly, and kissed her. Her lips made all of my worries melt away. In this moment, I just want the time to stop. To encase us at this instant... eternally.

 

 

 

To be with her forever.... that's my greatest wish...

 

 

 

"Yah! The DVD's not over yet so don't fall asleep...Ah... well... There's not much left anyway." She turned the player off and covered me with a blanket. "I'm going to break off our date for a little while, okay?" She kissed me on the forehead.

 

 

so.... don't leave me, Taeyeon.

 

 

 

================

 

 

 

"To commemorate our date today, a ring might be a little too much. But she seems down lately, so as long as she's happy..."  Taeyeon looked at the silver ring that she bought from a jewelry store. She didn't notice that a man was lurking underneath the shadows

 

 

================

 

 

"Ah... Taeyeon...?  Where could she be?" I woke up to find Taeyeon gone. "Taeyeon?" I continued to look for her everywhere in the house. My cellphone rang and so I went to answer it.

 

 

"Hello..."  My heart beats so fast that it’s ringing on my head.

 

"Taeyeon.... Seoul Hospital..." Hearing only those words made me frozen on the spot. Despite that, I mustered all of my strength to rush towards the door, never minding the cellphone dropped on the floor, broken.

 

 

 

===============

 

 

 

"Auntie...Taeyeon... where.... " I panted heavily.

 

"She's in the emergency room right now. She was stabbed by a thief..." Taeyeon's mom replied, sobbing uncontrollably. "What should I do, Sunny-ah. She might not make it..."

 

 

"I'm here to guide Taeyeon.'" Those words pulsating in my head...

 

 

"Sunny?!"

 

 

I ran and climbed the stairs towards the rooftop. I noticed that the hospital was renovating its annex beside it

 

 

"Hey! You're here, aren't you?! Show yourself!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "Please don't take her away from me... I beg you...  please..."

 

 

We'll always be together...

 

 

The angel appeared before me looking up. I followed his gaze and noticed a metal bar over my head.

 

 

"I'm sorry... everything's predetermined." I heard him say. I got an ominous feeling and looked up,  the metal bar falling down fast.

 

 

"AHHHHHHH!!!!"

 

 

 

===============

 

 

 

Taeyeon's mom clasped her daughter's hand. A tear dropped from her eyes. She heard a thud and saw some hospital staffs rushing upstairs. She left the room and asked one of the nurses what happened.

 

" There was an accident at the rooftop. A girl with short hair..."

 

 

 

Meanwhile, an angel materialized beside Taeyeon and gazed on her..

 

"Let's go, Taeyeon. Sunny's waiting." He placed his hand on her shoulders. The machine connected to her gave out a long beep as Taeyeon lay on the bed, life gone.

 

 

 

==============

 

 

 

.

 

. .

 

. . .

 

 

Where am I?The last thing that I remembered was being hit by a metal bar....

 

 

"Sunny, is that you?" I saw Taeyeon walked towards me dressed in white, accompanied by the angel.

 

"Taeyeon? Why are you here? Where are we?"

 

"I'm sorry but I didn't mention this to you before. Not only am I supposed to bring Taeyeon here, I am also here to guide you.... I'm truly sorry. I can't tell you that you're also going to die. It's against the rules." The angel apologized to me and bowed as he vanished into thin air..

 

"Seems that both of us died then, eh, Sunny." Taeyeon smiled at me.

 

"Why are you still smiling? We're already dead!" I said, hysterical. Taeyeon enveloped me in her arms, calming me down.

 

"Because we'll always be together, forever. I told you before that it doesn't matter where we're going, as long as I'm with you, be it in life or in death. I am happy being with you. I love you Sunny." She looked straight into my eyes and I can see myself in it.

 

"I love you too, Taeyeon."

 

 

 

In this perpetual realm... we will be together... forever...