Fate

Oneshot Collection

 

 

I’m walking towards school early in the morning since there is a special program that will be happening later. As the leader of the dance club, I am supposed to present a solo number as part of the event. I have to practice and perfect my dance routines so I went earlier than anyone else.

 

I looked at the ground and saw that there’s a trail of footprints on the snow covered area. Seems likely that I am not the first one here in the campus. I have a good guess that the president of the student council, Seohyun, is the one who made the marks on the ground. She is the one who is organizing for the event afterall.

 

“Hmm… her legs are too long, she takes much bigger steps than I do.” I muttered as I started to walk towards the auditorium, examining her footprints. “She’s more refined and ladylike than me…smarter and prettier too… I guess the only thing that we are similar in is that we are both girls.” I sighed at the comparison between us.



I continued to walk until I found a cellphone lying on the snow. I inspected it and found a Sgt. Keroro accessory attached to it.

 

“Ah.. could this phone be Seohyun’s? What should I do? Should I put it in her locker or…” Just when I was thinking about what to do with it, the phone suddenly glowed and rang.

 

 

[ DA DA DA DAAAAANNNNN]

 

 

Huh? Someone’s calling. I immediately picked it up.

 

“Uhhh.. Hello?”

 

“Ahmm…Hi. Excuse me but that is my phone.” A sweet voice answered me. It really is Seohyun.

 

“Ah, yes. I picked it up at the schoolyard. Yes. I’ll wait for you here.”

 

“Pardon me, but who are you again?”

 

“My name is Kim Hyoyeon.”

 

“Oh I see. Thank you for picking up my phone. I’ll see you after a couple of minutes. Bye.” She ended the call.

 

================

 

I waited for her. Minutes passed, I saw her rushing through the school gates. She must have been really worried.

 

“You are Hyoyeon-unnie, right? I really can’t thank you enough for finding my phone.” She said panting.

 

“Don’t mention it. Bye. Nice meeting you.” I started to walk away from her.



“Wait a minute! You are from the dance club right?” I nodded. “I knew it. I am a great fan of yours! Your dancing skills are excellent. Could you give me your number? I’ll treat you to lunch later as thanks.”

 

“… sure.” I gave her my number. My cheeks are feeling a bit hot.

 

“I’ll call you right now so please save my number on your phone too, okay?” She dialed on her phone.

 

“Okay.. huh..ah.. Wait a min---”

 

 

[ DA DA DA DAAAAANNNNN]

 

 

“It.. it seems that we have the same ringtone. Hehehe..” This is so embarrassing.

 

“It’s fate.” I became wide eyed. I feel that more blood rushed to my face.

 

“It’s Beethoven’s composition: Fate. I love classical music I set it as my ringtone because it feels as if I’m getting called by someone I’m fated to be with.” She looked at me straight on my eyes and held my hands.

 

“Did fate come to you?” Seohyun asked as we marched back to school, still holding hands. Her warmth from her hands and from her words permeating my heart.

 

“Yes.”  I realized, Fate destined me to be with you