Chapter 9

The Tourist

Chapter 9

 

Angela had a great time at the beach with GD.  They played for the whole afternoon.  Once they got home, TOP was there waiting for them.

"GD" was the only thing he said, and pointed at the next room.  They went there to talk and left Angela alone in the entrance room.  She decided to take a better look at the mansion by herself.

There were many beautiful rooms in this enormous house and she tried the best she could to get a look at all of them.  After a while, she entered a reading study.  

It was small at first but then she went through red curtains and before her was a huge room FILLED with all kinds of books, probably from all over the world.  

Most of them were in korean but then she found a big shelve that held books in english.  She took one out, it was called "The Lovely Bones" written by Alice Sebold.  

On the cover it was said to be an international bestseller so she decided to start reading it.   she read it from cover to cover and when she had read for about half an hour, she had tears in her eyes.  

This was the most exciting, yet painful book she had ever read.   She cried for many chapters as she continued on with the story(for many weeks this was the only place she would go during the day) and then one day she heard footsteps.  TOP entered the room, worried as he saw her.  

He walked hurriedly towards her and went down on his knees.  

He wiped her tears away with his thumb and put his arms around her.

"My mother was like this....u know when she read this story....you remind me of her" he said, in the most perfect english.  

What she didn't know was that every day, he would sneak out of the house to meet a private english tutor for hours and hours, just so he could talk to her.

Angela was lost for words, she just kept on crying.

 

GD was starting to worry about his conversation with his best friend a little more now.  At first, he didn't quite understand what he was saying but now, after a few weeks he finally got it - he wanted her in the same way as he did himself.  Love.  He owed TOP a great deal so he didn't refuse at first, he had sacrificed a lot so GD could be happy and now it was time to pay him back, but why was he hesitating then...

he should just leave the Bahamas and let TOP and Angela get to know each other better, that was what his best friend wanted wasn't it??

But the only thing he said to him was: "I wan't Angie to be happy"

That could mean anything right?? Even if it meant that she wouldn't fall in love with either of them, if she was happy than so be it.

Or maybe he was saying that as kind of a "game on" sort of thing, so he was starting the competition? No, TOP wasn't like that, he was gentle and sweet, not much of a player.

 

Angela had been in TOP's arms for quite a while now, stopped crying a few minutes ago but still was held tightly by him, like he wasn't quite sure that she was alright or not.

"T-TOP, I think I'll be ok even if I'm not being crushed by you" she said in a sarcastic way.

He froze but let her go suddenly when he realized the time.

"Ohh, yeah, right, sorry just spaced out for a sec there" he said as she was standing up and leaving the room.

Angela was startled when he suddenly yelled "Angie!"

She turned around

"Stop calling me TOP already, it's my stage name, doesn't feel real being around people that call me by that name, Seunghyun is better...that's real" he said, somehow Angela didn't figure out if he was sad or just playing with her.  

She decided to cheer him up.

"Well, Seunghyun is ok I guess, though I read online that you're called differently by your friends" she smirked when she said that.  TOP/Seunghyun/whatever looked confused so she kept going.

"Isn't that right.....Bingu?"

TOP turned red like a tomato

"....w-what....did you say?" he was starting to smile a little, Angela didn't know what to expect.

Suddenly, TOP ran towards her, grabbed her waist and lifted her up into the air, she couldn't do anything but scream, but then she started laughing when she saw that he was trying to prevent the laughter from bursting out of him.  

He put her down, still holding her close to his tall, masculine figure.  They looked into each others eyes, Angela was mesmerized by his gaze, so handsome he was, oh yes.

"Angie?"

"Yes Seunghyun?" *smirk on TOP's part for getting called what he wanted*

"I wanna tell you something"

"What is it?"

"....."

"Well, now I'm curious so SPILL!"

"When I first saw you, not the best situation in the world, but still, I'm glad I met you"

"And why is that?" Angela said, hoping for the reply she wanted to hear.

"Because now, everything seems right. Whenever I talk to you, I just want to come closer. And when I look into your eyes, I get nervous because I'm afraid that you don't feel the same"

"You're not speaking clearly!" Angela yelled at him, she hated when people spoke around things, she wanted a straight forward answer - I like you or I don't like you - so she decided to speak up.

 

"I LIKE YOU, OK??! If that's what your worried about Seunghyun than I just want to let you know that I've liked you ever since I first saw you 

and when you started speaking proper english with me, I felt like the world was finally giving me a good walk on the rainbow!  I SWEAR I saw unicorns for a split second  And last but not least, I have been wanting to do this since you first walked in here" 

she didn't hesitate and crashed her lips onto his.  

TOP was startled at first, this spontaneous action of hers was exactly what he was hoping that he would man up to do

...but he didn't think twice about kissing her back.

 

HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER ;D sorry for the delay, been crazy busy at work!!