Chapter 1

The Tourist

The beginning of something unexpected

"All passangers on flight 92675 to Melbourne please go to gate number 4 for boarding"

Those were the words Angela was waiting for, she was finally going - going to Melbourne, the place to be, the place she had always wanted to go. She was so excited she was aldready in front of gate 4, as she had been for the last 2 hours. Angela wanted to get away from everything and everyone, she didn't have a hard time at home or anything, she was just sick of everything that was going on around her, all the dramatic friends having trouble in paradise with their boyfriends, all this talking about going to college and her parents pushing her in the direction of Harvard, too bad they still think that she's actually going there now. If they found out that she was boarding the plane that would take her to the other side of the planet, they would never forgive her, nothing would disappoint them more than this. Still, Angela was determined to go and there was no turning back now. She took a seat on the plane and finally felt at ease, totally ready to start this new adventure.


"Ladies and gentlemen, on behalf of American Airlines we wish you a pleasant trip to Seoul and hope we can be of any assistance, please fasten your seatbelts and prepare for takeoff" "Ahh, finally relaxed......wait.....did he say Seoul?? "Eh eh excuse me miss, but where is this plane going?" Apparently Angela went to the wrong gate and took the wrong flight. And nobody noticed! She didn't sign up for this kind of trouble. Now she just had to sit there and wait until the plane arrived at the wrong capital!
After a while, the pilot had talked to the airport both in Seoul and in Melbourne and Angela was told that she would get a flight to Australia as soon as possible, free of charge because of this big mistake they had made back in the US. They were also going to make a deal with one of the hotels near the airport so she could get a room on such short notice. Angela was thinking too much. She always planned things ahead and was getting good at handling unexpected situations, but this was too much. She felt like panicking but still not responding to her thoughts of panicking. Maybe she should just get some sleep, no perhaps sleeping wouldn't help in her condition - she just needed an explenation to all of this, why wouldn't they just stop the plane and go to Australia instead?? It's not too far from here right? She just couldn't get over this huge misunderstanding! Why did she have to go to the wrong gate? Was she dislexic or something? Is there maybe something with numbers that gets her head all twisted? She just couldn't get it, but then she came to the conclusion that this was all His doings! Maybe He was getting revenge because of the troubles she was getting her parents into. No, now was time to stop thinking about this and get some sleep, and maybe learn some Korean words.