Chap 4: Blank Space

Maybe There's Beauty in Goodbye

Author's note: HELLO IT WAS FUN WRITING THIS HAHA. KEUT. OKAY I'VE BEEN REPEATING THE VERONICA'S 'YOU RUIN ME' 24/7 ~

next update maybe next monday? maybe???

 

"Oh the nice !?" I muttered under my breath

"The girl who wore that ugly dress!?! Wait, what did you say?"

 

 

"I said nice neck mole haha..." I looked at him briefly, our gazes repelled like equal polarities. God this is awkward.

"Wow Hoya, I never knew you had a nice neck mole, " Sunggyu teased Hoya as he swung his arm over Hoya's neck, giving him a slight hug

Hoya rejected his skinship, recklessly pushing him aside, "Shut up, come on new new girl, class is gonna start" He motioned with his head nudging to the right, telling me that I should get a move on.

"Neh..."

 

 

As I stepped into the spacious interior, the gleaming spotlights almost blinded my eyes. The Indoor Sport's Hall had a big screen, and the not-so-surprising abundance of CCTV's decorating the high ceiling. The flooring was in a pale shade of brown and it glistened when the spotlight was shining directly above it.

"Stop daydreaming, wait, where's your necklace?!" his faced looked displeased, his eyebrows furrowed in disappointment.

"Damn... I thought I wore it?" I dug my hands into my pocket, frantically trying to find it, but to no avail, I couldn't find it.

"You really do need to get your eyes check," he flicked his fingers onto my forehead, my eyes closed as I groaned in pain, "You owe me one," he threw his necklace at me as I fumbled to catch it. Before I even got thank him, he went away to a corner to do some stretching.

"Well thanks " I thought to myself, smiling shyly as I followed suit.

 

 

The class was quite massive, with at least 80 students? I could tell that the person in charge for this lesson was the guy with those shady sunglasses with a whistle hanging around his neck. He had a really big body with really, really overly defined muscles. He looked like hulk to be honest.

"Attire check!" he casually blared at the group of students, clapping his hands twice to persuade us to hasten our movements. All of us were standing in lines, Hoya stood right behind me. Somehow I could feel his warm breath against the nape of my neck. The guy in-charge lazily scrutinized each one of us with his piercing glare. When he came to me, he halted for a while.

"New here?" He questioned.

"Yes..."

"Sir, you address me as Sir newbie.What's your name?" He looked at me amusingly.

"Eun Mi, Sir" I didn't dare to look at him in the eye. My jaw clenched as he scrutinized every part of me. I felt violated, but it was not for long. He walked past me and then went over to Hoya.

"What do we have here? An elite forgetting his necklace?" I closed my eyes, feeling the guilt in my heart. "You, down 30, and 10 points will be deducted. Hurry up you snag!" His voice rang in the hall. I felt bad, I didn't have the courage to speak up. I'm a coward.

"Yes Sir" Hoya quickly stepped out from the line, he was right beside me when he transitioned to the push up position. The atmosphere was intense. No one tried to peep, neither did they fidget. I helplessly looked forward while Hoya was doing the punishment for me, I wanted to look at him and say 'Sorry', but I couldn't.

 

 

After tense minutes of attire check, Mr Hulk demonstrated us some stretching and simple warm ups. He instructed us to find our partner and do some stretching with them. Hoya, being a Hoya, mercilessly pushed me down as I attempted to stretch my arms, trying to reach for my toes. "You're so stiff," he murmured to my ears, his hands were still on my shoulder as he released some pressure onto them.

"Wai-wait!!! Leg cramp!" I forcefully pushed my back against him. I gave my leg muscles a massage due to the excessive stretching, I glowered at him, "Can you please be a little bit gentle here?"

"Sorry princess, this isn't a place for the weak," without warning, he pushed my back forward. I swore I heard a "Creak" sound coming from my spine, at that moment, I really wanted to hit him in the balls.

 

"As per usual, the last one to finish the run will have to clean the toilets. Ten rounds around the court!" Mr Hulk instructed, blowing his whistle relentlessly.

 

 

Everyone started to run, people behind me pushed me away as I was obstructing their way. Me being a clutz fell down due the imbalance, my knee scraping the floor as my whole body slammed onto the wooden surface. A small part of the skin on my knee peeled off and it appeared to be watery. I looked up and saw Hoya leading the group, its as if he was running effortlessly without any burden. I pushed my heavy body up, my fist folded into a tight grip. I took a deep breath, and then launched my whole body forward, straining my legs to carry my weight. I didn't want to lose, I didn't want to be last. I sprinted as fast as I could, my lungs contracted for air. The only sounds I could hear was the sound of my violent breaths and my heartbeat, which was beating at an abnormal tempo. Hoya was first expectedly. He looked at me worriedly as I was one of the few ones still in the race. I didn't look at anyone alse except for him, with only a few metres left, I took wider steps. Weirdly, he was my motivation. I don't even like him?..

 

Thankfully, I wasn't the last one to finish.

 

 

"Congratulations L, once again you're the poop disposer," Mr Hulk patted on L's back.

I didn't even notice L was there.

 

"Ok, thats all for morning lessons! And remember to take a shower, you guys stink!" Mr Hulk pinched his nose mockingly. Thank goodness his lesson is over. L came over to me, his face concerned.

"Hey Eun Mi-ssi, are you ok?" His brows drew together and he bit his lower lips, he gripped my tiny wrist and placed his index finger over it.

"I'm, fine" I replied him weakly, cold sweat covered my skin, but my chest was burning on the inside, my muscles hurt. It felt like the red blood cells in me circulated my body way too fast.

"You're not fine, your lips are turning purple, and you're sweating way too much," he cupped my face with his warm hands. "We need to go to the Nurse's office"

"L-ah, I feel so sleepy," my eyelids suddenly felt so heavy, "Just...let me sleep," my head drooped on top of his broad shoulder. It felt like my whole world spun, I felt so dizzy. I felt like I needed to close my eyes so that I could escape the world.

", DON'T YOU DARE CLOSE YOUR EYES!" L tapped my cheeks lightly, but I couldn't feel anything, couldn't hear anything. Everything started to turn dark. Blank.

"L's pov"

"DON'T YOU DARE CLOSE YOU EYES!" I looked into her eyes seriously. Her heartbeat was beating abnormally, her lips turning into deep purple.I slapped her cheeks lightly, trying to wake her up. I knew it. I knew since the beginning that she couldn't handle the pain. I could've stop her. Its all your fault L, if she dies, its all your fault.

"!" Eun Mi's weak body collapsed onto the ground, thank goodness my arm was supporting her weight. In a frenzy, I gave her a piggyback, her cold arms hovered on my shoulder, her head leaned against the nape of my neck. I scurried to the nearest Nurse's office. Everyone was looking at us. I knew what they thought.

 

"Omg what happened?"

"New girl fainted!?!"

"Only a run and she fainted? Weak."

 

Heartless es. People who know who to talk but not act. This is why I hate being here. On the outside, they look genuinely worried, but on the inside, selfish, egoistic, fake people.

 

 

The office door automatically opened, I plopped her to the nearest bed. Two nurses attended her, checking her eyes and her breathing. Eun Mi's head swayed to the left, and she started to vomit. The floor next to her was cover in the yellow mess.

"Sam! She's having a cardiac arrest!" One of the nurse's shouted across the room, "We need to get her under the knife ASAP, call the doctor!"

"Sorry son, you'll have to wait outside," One of the older nurse approached me, my hands were shaking in fear, I was unable to think straight.

"SHE'S STOP BREATHING! WHERES THE ING DOCTOR! the nurse fitted a face mask over her nose and mouth, her face annoyed with the lack of cooperation amongst her colleague.

"Sorry son," the same nurse pushed me away from the room. The door shut tightly in front of me, the word "Ongoing Surgery" glowed in red.

From a far distance, I heard footsteps rushing to my area. Hoya was sprinting towards me, genuinely looking distraught that his partner disappeared.

"Wheres Eun Mi!? What happened to her!" he shook my shoulder warily as he stopped in front of me, my hands were still shaking, "Answer me!" his voiced shivered.

What if she really disappears from this world? Its all my fault-

" L! "