Chap 1: New Beginning

Maybe There's Beauty in Goodbye

I walked around the room thinking that either that man was just lying or he’s telling me the truth. I mean, whats Woollim? I bit my lips and look at my uniform that I was wearing, it’s like I just came back from a funeral! It’s so black so weird looking that I just want to burn it in the incinerator, but instructions are instructions after all… At least the room was worth to stay in, simple and modern, just my style.

I came out from my room and ventured the area. It seems that my room was at the most end of the dorm. I took a peak at the corridor, a very long corridor. But it looked normal like not in those futuristic or modern designs that I expected. “ Hwaiting Eun Mi! Theres nothing to be scared of… “

Suddenly I felt a touch on my shoulder. I yelped in surprise and looked behind. How unglamorous can I be in front a stranger? Why do I get surprised so easily? Ugh, anyways, the man in front of me had medium ash blonde hair, he had really, really voluptuous lips. My hormones are reacting… hmmm

“ You must be new girl right? Are you lost or-“

“ Yup I’m lost, do you know where the lobby is? “ great, screw me for being this nervous when I talk to boys. Just relax and let him finish the next sentence, relax!

“Ahh, I can take you there! “he smiled to me showing his gums, somehow this gave me the chills.

“ Thanks…”

I took a glimpse around as I followed him, there’s so many CCTV’s. is this place some kind of a jail or rehab center? So this means that people here don’t have freedom huh? I felt a little tingle near my nose, holy, its cologne! This guy wears good cologne… not bad, so he takes care of himself well. Usually men are too busy with going to gym and all that men stuff, they don’t even shave their armpits. My eyes will suffer from the sight of a ball of fur! Wait, why am I thinking of this anyways? Did I observe men that much in my previous life?

“ Oh, Dongwoo! Aren’t you supposed to be on a mission? “That Sunggyu guy punched Dongwoo’s chest, so that’s his name?

“ Just finished it, it was a piece of cake! That witch was only a level 1, “ he smiled that gum smile again… Its really hard to accept the truth that a person with feature that’s so wild can smile like an innocent kid, but wait, did he mention a witch? “ See ya guys later! Bye bye ~ “he did a little wave to me (p.s not that body wave ;D) and walked off.

“So Eun Mi-ssi, nice to meet you, “ he lowered his hand to welcome me, but it seems that am still very shocked with the situation that I dare not touch a stranger’s hand, instead I stared blankly at him

He gave a nervous laugh, he pulled back his hand and just smiled that freaking fake smile, you may have a cute eye smile, but I feel a different aura compared to that Dongwoo guy, somehow, my gut tells me to not trust you so easily.

“ I understand, you’re still shocked aren’t you? Anyways, I’m supposed to show you around the facility and your partner, “ he began walking

“ Pa-Partner? “ I stuttered

" Yup! Everyone in this facility has a partner when their on a mission, but I do have to warn you, you may need a lot of patience when you’re with him, understand? So in front of you is the lounge, where most of us will spend be having our breaks, and there at the corner, the cafeteria, famous for their Samgye T’ang "

Partner? I wonder if it’s a guy or a girl… I mean, I do like guys, especially their masculine body… wait, now is not the time to think about erted stuff! Focus! /slaps cheeks/

"Are you alright? " Sunggyu looked at me weirdly

" Yeah… haha, its just that I feel kind of tired, " I smiled sheepishly at him

" So, I haven’t told you why you are here Eun Mi-ssi. The truth is, you have been selected to be one of us, called Inspirits. We are trained to kill the witches that are harming humankind, it may be hard for you to accept this fate, but I hope you can cooperate with us, " he stared deeply into my eyes, " Classes starts tomorrow for you, please remember to not be late, okay? See you soon, " his figure started to disappear as he walked further away from me… Is this really reality?

Inspirits? It sounds more like a fanclub name… growl growl growl, aigoo… It seems that I need to refill my stomach. I walked aimlessly towards the cafeteria, hmmm! The fragrant aroma of fresh bread wafted through the room, my mouth began to water… Its decided, that bread, its mine!

" Ahjumma, three of those sweet potato bread please! "

" That would be 4000won,"

"Neh~"…….Wait, shizz, I forgot to bring the money along! /faceplams/

" Here 4000won, " a man stretched his hands out to give the ahjumma the money, I turned my head around and I saw a guy with really perfect features, what I mean by perfect… its really PERFECT! His nose is like at a perfect angle and his face is in a perfect ratio, his skin is in a perfect shade of white and his eyes stares right into your soul! Ahh… my face is burning red again

The  man retrieved the bread from the ahjumma and then faced me, " Would you mind if I had dinner with you? " he said gently

" N-nope, and thanks… for the bread," I shyly glanced at him, I can’t even look straight, if I looked at him more, I’m scared that I might have a crush on his face! And so, we sat at an empty table, eating bread and he offered buying me warm coffee. The other Inspirits kept staring at us weirdly, like as if we were some kind of outcast… am I? Is it because of this outrageous costume I’m wearing?

" Thanks for this treat, but you are?"‘ I asked him curiously

" My name is L, you’re Eun Mi right? "

" How did you know? Then… this must mean that you’re my partner! I thought you were supposed to be hot tempered cause Sunggyu told me I needed a lot of patience, "

He choked on his own drink and tried to hold back his laughter, " You’ve got the wrong idea! I’m not your partner, it’s just that there’s this rumour that the new girl would have the potential to surpass Sunggyu hyung, you didn’t know about your own abilities? "

" Abilities? You mean I have powers? " Isn’t this interesting?

" I’m not sure about yours, but Sunggyu’s power is the ability to control minds, " he continued

" Then how about yours? "

" Mine? I can read people’s mind and see their true colours, like literally! Right now, I see an orange aura, you’re surprised aren’t you? " he grinned

" Woah, that’s cool! "

" No.. its not, sometimes you’ll know things that might hurt you," he mumbled, " Anyways, its almost time to return to our dorms, should I send you back? "

" Nope, its alright! By the way, its nice knowing you. See you soon," I stood up, and then bowing to him as a sign of gratefulness. It may sound off, but he gave me a broken smile…

 

OMG!!! SUNGGYU'S SOLO ALBUM IS FRIGGIN AWESOME! Kekeke, ordered it along with the 3D movie dvd, so... Sunggyu, Dongwoo and L appeared for the first chappie, sry if its kinda short. But for the following chapters, I shall make it long :) Anyone wants to guess who is her partner? Anyone??? '3' ...

 

*Samgye T'ang literally translates as "'ginseng chicken soup" in English. Samgyetang is traditionally served in the summer for its supposed nutrients, which replaces those lost through excessive sweating and physical exertion during the hot summers in Korea.