Chap 2: Ugly

Maybe There's Beauty in Goodbye

(Author's NOTE: I AM SO SORRY FOR THE HORRIBLE ENG :'D I UPDATED THRU MY PHONE SO I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE! And I didn't update for 2years... haha... oh well. This isn't really a long chap soo... )

 

So I ended up having a little excursion by myself to know more about the facilities here. Let me emphasise how awkward it is to know absolutely no one . I tried so hard not to stick out like a prick with this shaggy black dress, the material smelled of raw plastic and it restricted my movements because of its length. Unfortunately, people still looked at me weirdly.

 

"Its ok Eun Mi, its ok" I avoided having direct eye contact with those people. I reminded myself continuously while I walked gawkily around Woollim.

 

The place was huge, the cafeteria had at least 12 stalls and there were private rooms to dine in, each having a name of a flower. I proceeded towards the library, where it was 3 storey high. To be honest I only spent a few minutes there because the silence was too deafening, but the place had aristocratic decorations and I really appreciated it... somehow. I walked along a long corridor (haha :'D) Passing by the study rooms and lecture halls, and a few toilets. At the end, I found a clear glassed gym with the title "Elites" on its entrance. I had this sudden surge of curiosty as there was no one inside. I slowly entered the dim and humid area. I began to sweat because of my thick outfit. As I walked deeper into the gym, I began to hear echoes of a person's breath. In front of me, I saw a guy, a really muscular guy in a black wifebeater, flexing his biceps as he lifted a dumbbell with his right arm. It would be a lie if I didn't think it was y.

 

"What are you doing here?" He placed the dumbbell back on the rack. He turned around with a really agitated expression.

 

"To workout?" I replied hastily. I avoided eye contact again, looking down on the carpeted ground. Damn why did I even lie in the first place? "So your're going to use the treadmill?" He pointed at the treadmill across the room.

 

"Yup..."

 

"Yeah right with that get-up?" He smirked sarcastically. As he took a few steps forward, I backed away cowardly. Goddamn dress why did I even wear you!

 

"I guess you're new here" He commented with a raspy voice. His sweat trickled down his slender neck, which was then absorbed by the black cloth. He was inches away from me. "Listen here new girl, only elites are allowed here. By the looks of you, I can tell you're newbie. You better get your eyes check if you didn't see that big sign out there" He squinted his eyes as he stared into me with an awfully serious expression.

 

"Sor-"

 

"Bug off, you're blocking the way" He continued with his pissed off tone. I instictively stepped aside, looking down while my face was flushed in embarrassment. He grabbed a towel from his bag and then wiped off his sweat. Out nowhere, let me repeat, OUT OF NOWHERE HE ING STRIPPED IN FRONT OF ME ( Okay maybe I'm overreacting he only took out his wifebeater ) BUT STILL MY EYES MY EYES - oh wait, whats with the burn mark on his left shoulder? It was really obvious against his pale skin, my facial expression changed, as if I was the one who was experiencing the blistering scar. "Isn't this ing ugly? " His was facing me. I didn't know what to say, so instead I stayed silent. I knew that my words couldn't comfort him, neither would it soothe his pain. Pity wasn't the answer he wanted to hear. There was a long silence afterwards, by then he already wore a white wifebeater with a logo on his left chest and a grey hoodie.

 

He was about to leave, but you know I just couldn't shut up, and so I said, "Imperfections don't make you ugly!" I said it again hastily... He paused at the entrance of the gym, I didn't know how he reacted by that cheesy remark I couldn't stand it myself as it echoed through the room.

 

"By the way, the dress that you're wearing now... its ing ugly" He didn't look behind after he said those words, he left the place just like that. Truth to be told, I wasn't insulted, it was true, my dress was really horrendous. Its as if he read my mind...

 

Did he?