To Hate Him or Not?

She's Not a Queenka!

 

Both of you managed to escape from the crowd and are now walking through a quiet hallway; he was still leading, and you followed behind. He did not loosen your hand away from his, still holding it as tightly, but you had no idea where he planned to head to. Your tears that had blurred your eyes dried all over your face, some were still remaining in your tear duct.

 “Let go of me!” you snapped your hands away, “You’re not any good either!”

He stopped and turned around to see you standing behind him, looking surprised. You took your spectacles away, look down on the floor and wiped your tears violently.

“This is really unfair… It has been so many years since primary and I’m still stuck at this stupid life
  getting bullied all the time at school.”

Chi Hoon couldn’t reply a single word, giving that he has never been bullied before. He looked at you quietly while you continued,

“And you!”
You put your spectacles back on top of your nose bridge and pointed your index finger at him.
“Don’t pretend to act like a hero! There is no way you would feel pitiful for me! Living your life like a
  prince when everyone loves you, you wouldn’t understand how I feel!”

“This type of person,” you shouted, “I HATE THE MOST!”

The bell that ends lunch break rang somewhere. You turned around and ran away from his sight, leaving him alone on the hallway speechless. He opened his mouth a little, like he has something to say to you, but shut it right when you disappear after a corner turn.

 

 

The rumors about you trying to slap the girl spread very quickly and soon passed on to the teachers.  You eventually got detention after school as a punishment; even Young Gi who is very good at convincing the teachers couldn’t help you to escape it.

“Poor Jae Min, how can the teachers do this to you when that b**** is the one who was supposed
  to blamed?”

You smiled weakly without any comment.

“I’ll see you back at the dorm. Please come back as soon as possible, I’ll cook you dinner.”
She winked and waved you goodbye.

It was a very long 4 hours. All you can do in the classroom is to think; no mobile phone, no books. Nothing is allowed to have with you during detention.

You couldn’t really remember what made you so mad to the extent that you wanted to chop the girl up, all you can recall is that your food were spilled all over the floor.

“Am I even that kind of person that place food at first? Or is it just that I was too hungry?”

You brushed your chin while blurting out random words to yourself. In a shot, a flashback of you talking to Chi Hoon came out in your mind.
* This is really unfair… It has been so many years since primary and I’m still stuck at this stupid life
   getting bullied all the time at school.*
* Don’t pretend to act like a hero! There is no way you will feel pitiful for me! Living your life like a
   prince when everyone loves you, you wouldn’t understand how I feel!*

“Aishh! What the hell was I talking about?”
You rubbed the back of your head harshly, making your hair as messy as a bird’s nest.
“It was me who didn’t want to change my nerdy appearance at school that was why people treated
  me like .”

*This type of person… I HATE THE MOST!*

“Really now…?”
You dug your head down in your arms, lying flat on the table.
“I should apologize next time when I see him. He must have thought I’m a bazaar hypocrite!”
You hit the top of your head hard.
“Idiot! Ahhh! It hurts.”

 

 

The sun was setting when the detention was over. You walked out of the school, looking at your moving feet. The school gate shut loudly behind you.

You took a very deep breath, and released it to relax yourself for a bit. You raised your head up again and continued to move on, but quickly as you wanted to take a step, someone who was sitting under a tree far in front of you surprised you.
*Lee Chi Hoon?*

In that few seconds as you watched him, he was looking into his watch for a couple of times, as if he was waiting for someone.

“Is he waiting for me?”
You whispered.

You saw him looking away in another direction, and so made you changed your mind.
“Probably not... He must be looking for the others.”
You walked away turning in another direction instead of passing in front of him. You weren’t prepared to apologize to him just yet for your mistake.
“You idiot, Jae Min! Why the hell did he want to wait for you when you treated him so badly this
  afternoon?”

Without you realizing, Chi Hoon has already noticed you walking away from him. He grabbed his bag along and walked quickly towards you, but keeping distance in between. He was secretly escorting you, making sure you arrive safely back to your dorm.

You decided to take the long way back. Relaxation is just what you need right now.

You twirled around as you walked along the street, often making Chi Hoon smile at your childishness. You took off your spectacles after sometimes, and wiped them with the end of your shirt. Your side profile was facing him, leaving your pretty face uncovered from behind the frame.

Chi Hoon saw everything. He didn’t look surprised though, like seeing your bare face has been a normal thing to him, but the inevitable smile on his face did not disappear at all.

You looked around to make sure there is no one around the area, and when you scanned through where Chi Hoon was standing, he quickly hide behind the bush right beside him.

As you saw no one was there, you put your spectacles back on and sat down on the bench behind you, murmuring.

“I’m sorry, Chi Hoon-ssi.”
You tugged one side of your hair behind your ear.
“No no no! He would be dumbfounded if I suddenly apologized formally.”
You tried again.
“Hey, Chi Hoon! What’s up.” You smiled dumbly by yourself for around 20 seconds and continued, “Am I crazy?! I’m not his friend!”

You rubbed the back of your head again.
“I was wrong. You are a nice person… Blekk!”
“I know, I know. You were just trying to help me right? Hehh…”

You sighed right after the last practice. A long silence landed around you.

“I don’t hate you, to be honest.”

Suddenly, you felt a weigh was put behind you. A tall figure has turned up at your back, leading you to feel very surprise that you jumped up from the bench immediately.

“The heck?!”

To your surprise, again, it was Chi Hoon. You were so flustered to see him. You started to look left and right nervously, checking if the fangirls are around the place, or else you’ll get a worse treatment from them being alone with him.

“Wha-Wha-What are you…”
“Go back already. It’s getting late.”

He faced his back to you while talking. You couldn’t speak any further. All you are feeling right now is the rise of temperature. You slapped your hands on your red, hot face, gulping very hard at the same time.

“There were rumors about crimes going on around here often.”
Chi Hoon stood up straight from the bench and continued to walk ahead of you.
“Are you a ert? Why are you talking about rapists of all cases?”

He did not look back and kept walking further and further.

“Yahh! Lee Chi Hoon! Wait up!”