Troubled

She's Not a Queenka!

 

“So, Jae Min…” Young Gi came to stop by at your class to talk. “How did yesterday go?”

Your face turned really red right after and you could feel it boiling when Young Gi asked. How did it go she asked? You were unable to answer the question properly.

“Are you blushing?! Did something really happen?”
She screamed in whispers while she smiled expecting something exciting happened.

“N-no… Nothing happened.”
You can’t tell anyone about the sudden kiss you got from Chi Hoon, not even your BFF Young Gi. You couldn’t really think of the reason why Chi Hoon kissed you yesterday. You were still flustered about it and you don’t want things going more complicated. You want to make it clear before anyone knows.

Everything went into a mess after that morning. When you ran back to your room, you were crying really badly. It was a mixture of feelings you had that time, sad and scared at the same time, but you were rather happy. Why? Why were you happy? It was your first kiss. It shouldn’t have been taken without a proper reason, especially when it’s the annoying ‘old man’ that had taken it from you. What was it in Chi Hoon’s mind then? Does the kiss mean he likes you? Or is it just, his fever is affecting him too much? How are you going to face him next? Will he admit what he did just now in the future? Probably not… There were so many questions running through your mind.

You went to bed and hid yourself under the quilt and slowly fell asleep after you had been crying too much. Your eyes were swollen when you were awake, but it gradually faded after the night.

You decided to leave earlier in the afternoon and had told the customer service of the hotel to remind Chi Hoon of it. You couldn’t stay any longer as promised. For now, you didn’t want to have any connection with Lee Chi Hoon.

So here you are, sitting in the classroom at your school going on with your normal life as Jae Min. Tae Jun, Young Gi, Jun Yeon were here at school too… But is Chi Hoon going to be at school as well?

*I might not see him today.*

You sighed, didn’t know if it’s a relief or worry. Young Gi looked at you in curiosity. She knew that something must have happened yesterday, but she didn’t want to upset you, so she kept the question to herself just for now.

“I’ll be going then.”
She got up and patted the back of her skirt.
“I’ll see you later for recess, okay?”
She left with a cheerful smile as usual.

As she just went out of the class shutting the door behind her, the door reopened again, reviewing the man that you have just decided not to see.

“Good morning, Chi Hoon oppa!”
Some girls greeted him with their sudden high-pitched, cute tones. As everyone would expect, he did not reply them, but it was even worse this time, he didn’t even make affords to look at them.

Your face turned really pale when you saw him walking towards your direction, and your heart beats to its highest limit, like it would stop anytime because of over functioning.

*What about his fever? Is he really okay to come to school?*

You shouldn’t have been looking worried, you thought afterwards. You are now Jae Min, not Charmaine, and Jae Min does not know that Chi Hoon is having a fever. So you tried your hardest to look as calm, but you just have to give ways from looking straight to him. You couldn’t do that, every time when you look at him, he’ll only remind you of the kiss he gave you yesterday.

*Come to think of it, it was Valentine’s Day yesterday…*
You blushed as you thought.

He was wearing a bit too much for school than usual; apart from his normal school attires, he also wears a warm jacket with a thick knitted scarf wrapped around his neck. The lower part of his face was covered from it, leaving only his cold, sharp eyes in display. He look as good looking, but rather this time, he looked strangely more charming to you.

“Are you… okay, Chi Hoon-ssi…?”
You were a little concerned about his health. The others were worried too, but they wouldn’t know better than you do.

He had not answered your question and had dug his face into his arms, lying on the table as he sat down on his chair behind yours.

*Of course he wouldn’t answer.*
You turned back to the front. There was another feeling you had that you yourself cannot explain.

“I’m not okay.” He answered without looking up.

You were stoned from hearing him, but then you smiled lightly with a little relief.
*He can be honest at times after all.*

“Omo! Chi Hoon oppa, if you’re sick, you should go to the nurse!”
“I’ll take you to the nurse!”
“No! I will!”

*These girls… Is this how they help?*

“If you guys want to help him out to the nurse, just do it together.”
Suddenly, there is a familiar voice talking behind the crowd.
“Don’t just hang around ing. It’s no good for his health.”

“Uhh…”
Your homeroom teacher was standing beside the person who was talking, smiling awkwardly.
“Yes, pupil. I will settle the problem here, so please do not worry about Chi Hoon-ssi and go back to
  your sits. Class is starting.”

The girls fanned out with surprises on their face. Every time when they walk pass the person, they would show that kind of I-can’t-believe-it look. Then slowly, the face of that person was reveal in front of you.

*D-DA EUN?! WHY IS SHE…?!*
You had the most serious shocked look on your face. And who would have thought Tae Gyun had come to this school to join everyone too?

“Yo wassup’ guys!”
Her whole hip hop aura, together with his school boy’s attire…  No doubt she had already convinced everyone that she is a male student now.
“My name is Lee Tae Gyun. Nice to meet y’all!”

The classroom remained silent for a few seconds, and then the chatters started again, which got louder and louder. At the same time, you gulped in horror, wondering if Tae Gyun recognized you and would leak your secret because she is now looking at you coldly.

“Tae Gyun-ssi, there are two seats available in the class, it just depends on who would you like to sit
  with.”

Your classmates shifted their eyes from one empty seat to another which coincidentally was available right beside you…

“Can I please have the one beside the girl right there?”

Classmate started groaning familiarly. They were feeling unfair that once again, you were the one who got the privilege to seat with another famous Ulzzang. But who can they really blame for Tae Gyun choosing to sit beside you when there is another even more famous Ulzzang, Chi Hoon, seating behind you?

Your eyes widened. You were feeling even more nervous that you were grinding your teeth as Tae Gyun started to walk down the pathway to her new seat.

She took a good look at you and smiled friendlily (or sarcastically) when she had settled down. Then she turned to Chi Hoon, who was still laying himself on the table, but had his hidden eyes behind his arm looking at Tae Gyun too.

“Yo, Chi Hoon! Still feeling okay from yesterday?”
Although the class has already begun, Tae Gyun was still taking her time ‘suiting’ herself in this new school environment. Chi Hoon did not answer her question even though it’s Tae Gyun, but she wouldn’t give up on letting him go.

“Do you want this lady here to take you to the nurse instead?”
This time, Tae Gyun turned to you again.
“What is your name, miss? “
“It’s… J-Jae Min.”
“Strange. You look somewhat familiar though.”
“I think you’ve got the wrong person.”

You nodded a bit too confident trying to convince her of your lies, but she looked at you suspiciously instead.

“How would you know if I’ve got the wrong person? “
She squinted her small eyes.
“Rather to say ‘is it so?’… Why did you choose to say ‘you’ve got the wrong person’?”

Once again, you gulped heavily.