Caught in Between

She's Not a Queenka!

You kept shoveling the small amount of food you had from the canteen lady into your mouth, chewing it non-stop while looking blankly to your front.

“Is she okay?”
Your beloved Tae Jun oppa asked your BFF Young Gi worriedly. He noticed that you had been acting weirdly. He couldn’t eat his lunch properly seeing you like this.

“She’s a bit off today. I don’t even know what happened.”
“… Yah, Jae Min. What’s wrong?”

You were still chewing the food you had in your mouth, until you finally spoke,
“Oppa… What if someone knew?”
“Of what?”
 He asked.

You turned your head facing him like a ghost staring with no expression.
“Tae Gyun, Da Eun… She recognized me.”
“WHAT?”
Young Gi jumped.
“Wow! She’s sharp. I couldn’t even recognize your weirdo face the first time I saw you... Until
   you told me the truth during one of the photoshoot.”

“… Do I really look that bad?”
As always, you pushed your heavy prescript spectacle high up to your nose bridge when suddenly, Tae Jun pull it out from your face.
“Oppa!”
You half screamed half whispered with a pair of widened eyes as you try to grab your spectacle back. But after a while, you decided to quickly hide your face behind your arms before anyone see your bare face.
“What are you doing?!”
“What is wrong showing your face in public and let anyone recognize you?”
“HAHAHA! Oppa, you look stupid!”

You peeped through your arms and saw Tae Jun putting on your spectacle when Young Gi was laughing her head off at his act. Spectacle does make people look very different when wearing it. Tae Jun’s eyes looked even smaller afterwards.
“Gosh, I didn’t know you have such bad short sighted vision.”
He looked around like an idiot.
“Please give it back, oppa!”
You begged.

“What’s up?”
Suddenly you heard a familiar voice talking behind you and straight away you recognized it was Da Eun’s. You got even more shocked and quickly got up from your seat, running away as fast as you can.

“Has Jae Min-ssi always been like this?”
“Why still calling her ‘Jae Min-ssi’ when you know it’s Charmaine?”
Young Gi asked while trying to put on your spectacle too.
“Huh? What are you talking about?”

Young Gi gasped as she heard the reply.
“…! You actually didn’t know?!”

 

 

You ran aimlessly without knowing your directions when you just look straight down onto the ground.

“Hey! Watch where you’re going?!”
“Are you blind?!”
You have bumped into countless people, but you don’t care as long as no one finds out who you actually are. You need to hide. You need to hide somewhere no one will see you. So as you run to where your heart told you to, you finally met a door, and opened it without hesitate.

Then again, you saw that familiar sky view in front of you… With a familiar girl in front of it grabbing onto her own wrist as if she was hurt.
“Aishh…! What is wrong with you?!”
She shouted.

You stared into this girl whom you started to gradually recognize. She was the girl who had tripped you over last time during lunch; she was the girl who had came to send message to Chi Hoon about the photoshoot with Hwe Ji; she is also an Ulzzang…
*Isn’t she… Cho Min-Young??*

“I-I’m sorry…”
You unintentionally apologized and slightly bowed. As you got up, you tugged one side of your hair behind your ear, then awkwardly moved past her.
*Let’s just forget about what she did to me at the moment and escape.*

“Wait…”
She suddenly realized.
“Isn’t it Charmaine?”

*Snap!*
You shut your eyes tight like you can see nothing of what is going on. There’s no turning back now. It’s either you admit it, or deny… which seems really impossible now.

“Uhhh…” you turned around and gave an awkward smile, “Yeah…?”
“How come you’re here?”

*Great… What should I answer now?*
You stared into her eyes with your jaw half hanging in the air.
“Well…” You gulped and continued, “I... Uhm…”

“She came to see me.”
Chi Hoon came with his hands tugged into his side pockets to the rescue. You were confused of why he was around here but very soon you realized this is where Chi Hoon usually hides, the school’s rooftop area.

“No I’m n…”
Your mouth was wrapped by his big hand before you can finish your words.
“Please excuse us.”
And he dragged you away from Min-Young as if this is something normal to do.

You kept trying to slap his hand away to free yourself from his embrace before you exhaust yourself from the heavy breaths and thumping hearts in you. You were not ready to face him yet… Not in this way. Meanwhile, Min-Young tilted her head wondering what was happening, but headed to the exit anyway.

“Mhm mm mhhh! (Let me go!)”
You hold on tight to your feet on the ground to stop yourself going his way. Then, you finally freed yourself, and started shouting in Chi Hoon’s face.
“Don’t approach me as if we were really close!...”
Your loud volume instantly turned into whisper when you mention,
“… And as if nothing happened in between us.”

All of a sudden, he grabbed onto one of your wrists and pushed you against a wall near both of you. Your hand was on top of your head and his arm pressed beside you so that you won’t escape.
“Stop hiding from me!”
He looked at you with his eyes burning.
“I’ve opened my heart for you, and only for you. So why are you still hiding from me?”

You were very confused. You frowned a little while you search into his eyes, figuring out what he’s saying. Chi Hoon’s expression softened when he realized that he was too rough on you. He loosened your wrist and let it drop, then slowly buried his face beside you on the wall, whispering,

“Jae Min, 사랑 해요.”

You breathed in a lung full of air in short and stopped. So did your heart. And then, you could hear nothing, but his uneven, heavy hot breath. Your dry lips opened up slightly while your fingers twitched for no reason. His words echoed in your head for several times, then finally, your senses came back, but now your face was left flushing with heat and apple red.

“I…”
You grabbed onto the tip of your skirt and squeezed it hard. Somehow, your mind and your heart were having a war. One told you to run away from him, when another one told you to hug him tight. Your vision turned blurry, while your head turns like a disaster, giving you a gradual headache. You were unable to decide, but in the end, you chose to hide for just a bit more. You need to keep calm and sort things in place. Perhaps that is a better idea. Perhaps that is exactly how things should go for now…

So again, you ran away from him, at the same time wiping away your unknown cause of tears. Chi Hoon did not stop you, rather he just shut his eyes closed, letting you bumped harshly on his weak body and escape.

As you turned over the corner, you ran past a figure far beside you, but because of your tears and your short sighted vision, you didn’t realize that Min-Young had always been standing there listening to your conversation with Chi Hoon…