The Prince

She's Not a Queenka!

 

“Eun Hee! Come over here! This week’s ‘Ulzzang Generation’ has issued!”

One of your classmates shouted to her friend as she was flipping through the pages of the magazine. Very soon, everyone, not only her friend, tumble over to your classmate.

“Look! It’s Chi Hoon oppa!”

You looked up from reading when you heard them screaming over Chi Hoon’s photos for a while.

“Chi Hoon oppa, I love you!”
“He is just my type. I’ve nothing more to say…”
“Damn, oppa is so good looking.”
Everyone kept in silence after that comment, focusing in looking at the page. You pushed your spectacles up and were curious about the content in the magazine they were holding. You decided to walk over to them secretly, but they already started to move on to the next page.

“Charmaine?”
You stopped right at the middle of walking. The group was still keeping itself in silence. Feeling nervous, your heart started thumping.
*What do they have to say about me?*

“Her check shirt,” the girl who held the magazine said, “She looked so cute in it!”
“Oh my, I’m so hoping that I could look as pretty as her.”
“Is she even for real?”

You smiled feeling comforted after hearing the compliments. You sat back down to continue reading, but the topic suddenly turned deeper in details.
“Hey, come to think of it, there’s no information about her existence, isn’t it?”
“I know, right? I don’t think I have heard any of them.”
“Do you think she’s just an avatar?”

Chatters had given out a noisy aura around your class. You gulped hardly but still pretending to look calm. In actual fact, you were having this explosive feeling in you that you could rip your book apart.

The classroom’s door opened in the middle of the chatters. An expressionless man appeared from behind, looking incredibly handsome without any effort being made. He put one of his hands into the side pockets of his pants after closing the door, another holding the shoulder pad of his bag that was hanging on his shoulder, and then walked down to his seat.

A girl gasped when she saw him, suddenly had her face flushed with redness.
“C-chi Hoon oppa! It’s Chi Hoon oppa!”
She squealed, and the situation has gone back to silence again.

The attentions given tracked him down when he walked to the back. Surprising to you, he stopped as he reached to your side. You looked at him in amazement, wondering what is going on with him. You blinked your eyes a few times, but quickly looked away when his gaze set in yours for only 3 seconds. You couldn’t help yourself feeling hot, and your heart beat risen from 120 times per minute to 200.
*Don’t try to joke around, you idiot old man!*

He then continued to walk to where his seat is right behind yours, put down his bag on the floor and sat down on the chair after pulling them. He supported his chin with his palm when he looked out to the window, silently enjoying the view outside.

The girls gave that ‘aww…’ look when he did so, then quickly shot an envious sight from their eyes to you. You could feel the chill down to your spine, so uneasy that you felt like running away from the place. You gulped again.

Lee Chi Hoon is a very famous Kingka at school and also an ultimate Ulzzang right after Tae Jun. Every of his moves melt the girls’ heart and got them all crazy over him. But his personality of cold and expressionless that is just what the girls like about him, could make you die from annoyance. He does not talk very often to normal strangers, usually only answers them with a nod or a shake of his head; he probably won’t even answer at times.

You can’t be bothered talking to him sometimes, what’s more telling him about your ‘split personality’ secret. He might not even give a damn about it.

 

 

The class started for the rest of the day, until lunch break came. Young Gi awaited you in front of the door, but her plan to fetch you for lunch together didn’t seem to succeed; many of the boys at school are surrounding her like tall trees. You giggled as you were walking towards them. The odd thing is, when you reached the group, everyone fanned out immediately.

“Thank god! You saved me again, Jae Min.”

You weren’t sure if you should accept that as a compliment or sarcasm, but you smiled awkwardly anyway. As both of you decided to move on, Chi Hoon had quietly moved pass from behind you, prepared to walk down the hallway to the canteen.

“Chi Hoon oppa, let’s have lunch together!” Young Gi shouted.

He tilted his head around but still made no response to her request. He looked at Young Gi for a bit, then shifted his gaze on you again.  Your heart felt so tight at that exact moment like it had been strangled. Again, you looked away to on the floor from his sight.

“Okay.”
He replied.
“Whoa! Really?”

Young Gi herself was surprise of the answer. She pulled you together with her and ran to Chi Hoon as fast as she can manage to reach him. You were really stunned by the answer, looking completely blank in your expression.

 

 

Eating with a Kingka and a Queenka is a really hard task. You were queuing in between Young Gi and Chi Hoon along in the lane to the service, while the others wouldn’t really move because they were all staring at both of them. As if it has been years when you guys reach the front, Young Gi handed her tray to the servant, waited for the lady to put food into it, and then walked out of the lane afterwards.

The servant quickly changed her attitude when you reached her after Young Gi. She put literally only a quarter portion of meal into your tray of what the small-eater Young Gi had. You looked at her with your eyes widened behind the spectacles, the jaw dangled a bit.

“Be glad that you get food, punk.”

She rolled her eyes and began to serve the next one, and again immediately turned super friendly when Chi Hoon came. Together with all the sweet greetings and the compliments, she put a hack lot of food into his tray.

“That wasn’t very nice.”
Young Gi frowned when she saw your tray. She tried to snatch it and walk back to the counter to complaint, but you stopped her.
“It’s fine, Young Gi. Don’t trouble yourself. They won’t really do anything even if you complaint.”

“Eat well, Chi Hoon oppa.”
The girl smiled like never before, the ends of almost reach her eyes.

 

 

Young Gi had already started to munch her food as the three of you walked towards the eating tables. While you were looking around searching for an empty table, you saw Tae Jun waving to you guys from a pretty far distant. You waved back and smiled brightly, but very soon disappeared from his sight. He stood up quickly when he was surprised to see you drown into the crowd, as if someone had pulled you by your leg.

Which is very true, someone tripped you over meanly and your food had already splattered on the floor. There was no more food for you; you looked up to the person that tripped you, feeling very angry and wanted to just punch her in her face as hard as you can. She grinned down to you evilly, and then continued munching on her food.

You stood up on one of your knees, and patted your skirt afterwards. You were prepared to bring back yourself some pride. None of your friends really saw what happened to you since they were walking in front of you, apart from Tae Jun. He walked very fast to your direction, trying to make sure if you were okay, but the crowds were just blocking his way and would not really move. All of them were just staring at him in amazement that he has to dig his way over to you.

You tighten your fist, very well ready to hit her hard. From a meter of distant away Tae Jun saw you raised up your palm over your head, and that the girl frightened as soon as your palm almost gone down on her. He increased his speed, but stopped in one brake when he saw the change in situation.

Your palm was just one centimeter apart from that girl’s face, but it didn’t progress any further. Your face was in a stilled expression, very hard to be read. Someone stopped you from slapping her, and that is Lee Chi Hoon.

“Don’t.”

He looked at your skinny wrist and then to your face, he spoke. His expression was somewhat furious, but still able to maintain a little calmness on his face, except that his eyes were pretty wide opened.

You didn’t know why, but your tears were rolling down your cheek. Soon, you lost energy in being angry; you loosen up your hand, and it dropped down in between you and Chi Hoon. He turned his head over looking at the girl who had her eyes closed really tight. You couldn’t really see what look he gave to the girl, but when she began to open her eyes and saw Chi Hoon was right in front of her, she first looked really happy, but then her face turned very pale. She looked as if Chi Hoon had shot her a very angry look in his eyes.

Chi Hoon pulled you away from the crowd, passing through them in a rush.

“Chi Hoon, Jae Min, what happened?”

Tae Jun asked nervously when the two of you approaches him, but the figures passed by him instead of stopping in front of him.

“What’s up? Something interesting happened?”
The clueless Young Gi asked.