In the beginning; when our eyes met

The Reason

 

In March, it's a new day. A nice day. It's also the first day of school. Seoul National University officially began a new year. All the students, new and already enrolled, are in the auditorium listening to the welcome message from the principal.

 

This is nothing new...a student by the name of Jinki thought to himself. He was already here for two years, and nothing has changed in the speech since the previous two times he has to hear it.

 

Honestly, Jinki want to go back to his dorm room and block the world. He hasn't been in the best mood lately, and it's just the first day of school. Actually, he already feels like he is at the edge, walking a fine line between life and death. But at the moment, it's not time. Jinki will wait for a week, hoping that something will be enough to keep him going.

 

Jinki's thinking got interrupted when a door was opened and a student entered the auditorium. Aish...really? Jinki turned around to see a gorgeous looking boy. Gorgeous is an understatement actually. This boy has brown hair that looks extremely soft, feline eyes, a beautiful face structure. He is absolutely flawless. Jinki turned back around when he noticed that he was staring for too long. He also believes that he's blushing and lowered his head in embarrassment.

 

“I'm sorry I'm late...I got lost...” the boy said, bowing.

 

The principal said that it was okay and for him to take a seat. The boy took a seat in the back row and the principal went on with the welcoming speech. Jinki took a quick look back at the boy, studying him again. He looks rather young...maybe he's a first year student? Duh, Lee Jinki, he got lost...or maybe...maybe he transferred? Jinki doesn't know for sure. He went back into his own little world until the speech was over and everyone has been dismissed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kibum walked around after school to find a place to study since he doesn't feel like going back to his dorm yet. He would like to make at least one new friend before the end of the day. He knows for a fact that he'll have a better chance making friends with another first year than anyone else, but anyone would be good.

 

Kibum went into the library and sighed. It's just the first day of school, why does he have to study for his classes already? Can't the students just have a break for once on the first day of school? But, again, it is an university...they probably expect everyone to be serious with their studies.

 

Kibum went to an area where there was a few tables. Most of them were taken up with other students, which made Kibum very upset. But then his eyes caught another table from the other side of the area. It was a table made for two, but someone else is already sitting there. Plus, it looks like he wants to be alone. But it wouldn't hurt to ask for a spot to study, right? Maybe after a while they can become friends? He looks like another first year as well, so Kibum decided to go for it.

 

He walked slowly to the table since he was nervous, but he didn't hesitate to keep moving closer. After a moment he stopped next to the table, hoping that the other boy would notice his presence. But he didn't even look up. Kibum looked closer at what he was doing. He was studying apparently, and he seems to be into it. What student is into studying? Unless of course he's only focusing on it to get it done already...yeah, maybe that's it.

 

After a while when the other student didn't look up, Kibum then started to debate whether or not to even bother him. He would hate to mess with his concentration. But since Kibum didn't want to go back to the dorms or find another place to study, he gained confidence to start speaking.

 

“E-excuse me...”

 

Still nothing. Maybe Kibum was being a little too quiet, so he spoke again.

 

“Excuse me.”

 

Nothing. Kibum got a little frustrated, but he still kept calm. Maybe this boy is in real deep concentration. Instead of speaking this time, Kibum decided to tap him on the shoulder. The latter nearly jumped out of his skin, and it scared Kibum, nearly giving him a heart attack. Kibum then feared that the other boy would be upset at him for bothering him. Kibum apologized many times, until eventually he looked at him again. The other boy looked back, and made eye contact. Both of them were locked on each others eyes, neither of them moving an inch.

 

Then they both could feel a slight spark between them.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hi everyone!

This is the first chapter of my first ongoing fanfic. ^^ I'm sorry it's short, I'm not very good with first chapters. >.< But I promise that the future chapters will be better, alright? When it comes to starting stories, it takes me forever to come up with how to start them. So, I hope this is alright for the first chapter! Enjoy!