Messages

Can't live without you. [HIATUS]

 

-----

 

I opened the door to Minho’s apartment; I realized the door isn’t locked. I went inside, I put my handbag at the kitchen counter; I rub my neck and look at the calendar. One year, unnie is really challenging me. I take a deep sigh and went to his bed. I buried my head at his pillow and his scent was still all over the place. I smelled the charming fragrance of him. Then I realized someone was holding my shoulder.

“Noona…” I turned my head and it was Sehun.

“What are you doing here?”

“To make sure you didn’t try to torture yourself.”

“You think I’m that stupid?”

I sat down at the bed and invited him to sit next to me. I rest my head at his shoulder and he patted my back. I was so glad omma gave birth to him. I remembered when omma was so sick at that time and she almost let go of Sehun but thank god he’s ok now.

“Noona, can I ask you something?”

“What…” I lifted up my head and looked at him, he gulps.

“What if…I dated someone like you?”

“What do you mean someone like me…?”

I stood up from the bed; I leaned at the lamp desk. I frown looking at him while raising my eyebrows, what did him actually trying to say to me?

“You know… Well, not like you… she’s different, smart and…small.”

“Wait, she? You already have someone in mind?”

“Is it wrong for me to date someone…who’s older than me…” He gulps once again.

“WHAT! Older than you, Kwon Sehun, are you kidding me…Wait, older, smart…and small. Isn’t that Tae...?”

“Yes, it’s Taeyeon noona…”

I bend my body to face him with my mouth hung open but he could see at the same time, I was curving a smile on my face. I kneel down since he’s hiding his blushing red face.

“You brat, I knew it!”

“You knew what?”

“About you guys, ever since that contact happen between you two…”

“Ah…noona, please don’t tell omma and BoA noona…”

“Sure, I won’t betray my dongsaeng… Waa can’t believe it actually came true.”

I chuckled to the kitchen and take a look at my phone while wiping those tears of joy. Someone send me a message, it was from an unknown sender. It was unusual…

 

‘1…’

 

One, what is that supposed to mean? I call the number to know who send me this. “Sorry, the number you’re dialed is not on service…” How come it’s not on service, I look at the time I receive that message 1 minute ago.

“Noona, what’s wrong?”

“Someone send me a message…a weird one actually…”

“What does it says?”

“Nothing, just the number 1 and when I try to call, it says the number is not on service. When I call for the number it was just a minute away…” I show him the message.

“That’s weird… I think it’s a prank, I got that sometimes…ignore it…”

I listen to him, I keep my phone away. My heart suddenly skips a beat. I was nervous and I wasn’t feeling at ease, I touched my chest and breathe slowly. Sehun didn’t notice he was busy checking out Minho and my photo album. Then I felt better again. I neared Sehun.

“So, about Tae, does she know?”

“I don’t know…maybe but she still treats me like a boy…”

“Then what are you? You’re 18, deal with it brother…”

“I don’t want to be her boy; I want to be her man. To be with her when she needs me…”

“Sehun, why do you sound like…”

“Minho hyung? He’s actually the first person to know about everything, you were too busy arguing with BoA noona, I had no one to talk with not even Taeyeon since she has exam that time. Minho hyung taught me to be patience and strong.”

I was devastated hearing him; I wasn’t there for my brother when he needed me. I look at the ceiling to hide my tears. He also reminds me of him, just for a while ago I thought he was here with us. I wiped my tears, patted his back. BoA unnie wants the best for me by destroying everything that I love and I’m not going to do that to my little brother…not him.

“Come here…” I pulled him into a hug. He brushes his cheek with mine.

“Noona, wait for him. He’ll be back soon…”

He put his hand at my neck and kissed my forehead, I remember when he was just 3, and I was the one who kissed his tiny forehead. He’s right, he’ll be back soon. I just got to wait…

“Now, get out of here…go to your precious Taeyeon, she needs you…”

“I’ll visit Minho hyung tomorrow.”

“Yeah bring Tae along and you should go on your first date…woots!”

He laughs and ruffles my hair, just because he’s taller than me. I accompany him to the door; I hug him one last time and shut the door then locked it. I lean at the door and sighed. I went to the kitchen to drink water before sleep. When I open the fridge, my phone rings message alarm.

 

‘2…’

 

I throw the phone away, what is this? I was afraid, my body starts too shivered. I take the phone and check the message once again, the number was unknown. I glanced at the clock; it is now right at 12 midnight. Maybe Sehun was right, people are pranking me. There’s no such thing as…

*Wind blowing heavily* I ran at the window and close it, where’s all this wind come from. Minho pictures were scattering everywhere. I pick them up one by one; each and every one of it has their own history. Then, the photo of me and him that we took weeks before the accident falls on top of my phone, where I dropped it at the kitchen counter.

He was fading at the photo while I was not. I turn and look at the back of the photo, there was a message. I don’t exactly remember him writing any notes behind.

I’m always with you...

I turn it back to look at the photo, his was there again, normally attached. I smile; maybe I was to hallucinate about things and him. Maybe he wrote this when I wasn’t looking. This is nothing…

 

 

----------

-Next Morning-

Yuri rubs her eyes as she woke up, she realize it’s almost 8, she thinks she oversleep again. She ran to the bathroom, take a quick bath and get dressed to go to the hospital. She rushes outside the apartment and locked the door, then she opens it back since she forgot her handbag, she even took the photo of last night and her phone. She ran down to the road.

“Taxi!” she shouts. A taxi stops and she hops in. “Kyunghee Medical Centre, ppalli-yo!” she said to the driver. The driver drove fast; she holds her chest as she felt being stabbed right now, she leans to comfort herself.

 

 

Sehun waits for Taeyeon in front of her house. He was listening to music while wearing his earphones; he couldn’t hear the steps of the petite girl. Taeyeon walks quietly and hug him from behind.

“Yaa, Sehun-ah!”

“Noona… Aish, why are you so late?”

“Late? Yaa, kiddo! I’m older than you and you’re the one who supposed to wait…calmly and quietly!”

“Arraseo, let’s go…”

They both entered Taeyeon’s car, she bought it with her own salary last year and she was proud of it. Taeyeon wore her seatbelt then she realized Sehun is not fastened it. She bends her body to the side and put on the seatbelt for him. Sehun moves his head back, widened his eyes with their face was so close with each other.

“Umm, safety first!” she shouts, turning her body forward and grabbed onto the wheels.

“Yeah, I can do that next time… gomawo…”

Taeyeon nodded and drove her ride. Taeyeon eyes were on the road while Sehun keep staring at her. He giggles to himself seeing how skimpy she was when driving the car. He thinks he should confront her and ask her how he felt about him.

15 minutes later

“We’re here…let’s go!”

“I wonder if Yuri noona has arrived, she always comes earlier than us…”

“Before that, let’s go to the cafeteria. I haven’t eaten yet then we can buy Yuri a drink.”

“I’m hungry too, let’s eat breakfast…”

Taeyeon locked her car, Sehun already entered the building but he waited for her at the door. Taeyeon ran and they went to the cafeteria together. Usually hospital is pack of sardines in the morning but fortunate for them, the place was quite empty. They took a sit.

“So, what are you going to eat?” Sehun asked her.

“Maybe sandwiches, I just need to fill up the empty space then I’m full.”

“Ok, noona before that. I need to tell you something. I talk with Yuri noona last night, and she adviced me to tell you…

“Tell me what?”

“Taeyeon noona, you know me since kindergarten and you’ve been taking care of me…”

“Yeah and so? Go on Sehun… I’m hungry!” She groans, Sehun takes a deep breathe.

“Do you…do you li…”

---

“Taeyeon-ssi…?”

Both of them turned their head when a stranger suddenly approaches them. Taeyeon gasp with her hand covering , she stood up from her sit and look at him. Sehun was so confused.

“Baekhyun-ssi, omona…”

“It is you, I recognized you from behind, and you haven’t change a bit.”

“You too!”

They hugged each other in a friendly way but Sehun wasn't pleased with all of it. He stood up and narrowed his eyes at him.

“Excuse me?” Sehun said, Taeyeon let get of the hug and look at him.

“Oh, Baekhyun-ssi meet Sehun, my…”

“Her boyfriend…” He said while pulling her arm and placed her next to him. Baekhyun mouth was wide open.

“Nae? No, no, no… it’s not like that, you remember Yuri, this is her little brother Sehun and he is my FRIEND! Sehun, this is one of my friends from my village…” She pushes his hand away.

“Oh, that shocked me. I thought you really with him; you guys do look like a couple.”

“Told ya…”

Sehun smirks, Taeyeon pinch his arm. She invited Baekhyun to a sit. Taeyeon sat first follow by Sehun who rushes himself sitting next to her, Baekhyun sat in front of Taeyeon. He grins to her while Sehun grinds his teeth feeling so annoyed.

“Sehun, why don’t you get us some drink, what do you want Baekhyun-ssi?”

“I’m ok with it. Sehun, you don’t need to…”

‘Hell yeah I don’t…’ He thought to himself. He fakes a smile at the both of them.

“Tell me, what are you doing here?”

“I’m visiting my grandmother, she was transferred her…”

“Is she ok? I missed her.”

“She’s fine, she’s recovering... and what are you doing here?”

“Sehun’s noona Yuri, her boyfriend got into an accident 2 years ago and now he’s in a comma…so we’re giving her our support.”

“I’m sorry to hear that, how is he….”

Sehun stood there next to Taeyeon, sighing listening to their conversation. He was bored. He tapped his finger at the side of the table. Sehun was so annoyed about Baekhyun, everything about him. Every time Baekhyun or Taeyeon mentioned his name; he would just fake a smile.

“Noona, I’m going to see if Yuri noona has arrived…”

“You want me to go with you?”

“No, it’s ok…have a nice chat…and nice to meet you Baekhyun…hyung.”

Sehun patted Taeyeon’s shoulder and he shakes hand with Baekhyun before he left them both together. Sehun bought a can of soda. He waits for the elevator, he turns his head, hoping Taeyeon would look at him and stops her conversation with Baekhyun but they were just starting. Sehun give up and he went inside, and when the door is about to close. He formed a fist and bit her lower lips.

 

 

 

----------

I stare at him, he wasn’t moving not even a bit. I smiled when I think about our memories together. The feeling inside my chest is slowly curing. I look back at the picture and it’s…fading again, just like yesterday. I turn the photo to look back at the notes but it’s gone, like he hasn’t wrote it. I realize something fishy is going on.

“Minho-ssi, are you trying to tell me something...please say something…”

I intertwined my fingers with him and I use my other arm to rest my head, I slowly placed our hands at his chest. His heartbeats were so slow. I closed my eyes and started to cry.

“Please give him back to me…” I whispers, then my phone starts ringing. I picked it up, it was a message.

 

‘3…’

 

Minho’s hand suddenly grabs mine shockingly, I couldn’t shout out for the nurse. His pulse was all over the place, he was breathing and I could see that. He’s moving again. He rolled his eyes and looked at me, he was out of breathed, and he couldn’t say anything. I stared at him… What is this.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll continue with Minho up next, My family is moving so I got a hard time updating right now!
And I hope y'all liking this *hoping*
New Readers: Subscribe This Story ^_^ Gomawo~