Saving the best

Can't live without you. [HIATUS]

 

-----

Yuri closed her eyes thinking that the car is nearing her. Tears falling down to her soft cheeks.She held her fist tightly. She bit her lower lips and all she could hear was the car is nearing her.

“I love you Choi Minho…”

That was the only words she could express. She released her fist and holds her ring finger where the ring is safe at her finger

“Yuri, NO!”

She opens her eyes quick and turned to Minho. Minho stretched his arm to pull her but his foot stumbled on a stone. He loses his balance and stumbled forward. He pushes Yuri on the second lane of the road leaving him at the first lane of the road where the car is heading.

The driver of the car couldn’t hit the break. Minho is already on the ground road. Yuri was just next to him on the second lane, she was on her knee.

“I love you too, Kwon Yuri.” He said with a smile.

Yuri shook her head, she tried to stretch her arm just like Minho tries to do but she was too late. The car hit Minho. His body was thrown a little bit forward from where the car gets to break. Yuri widened her eyes. She couldn’t believe what just happen.

“Minho-ssi…” hung open, and tears filling her eyes.

She turned her head slowly to where Minho’s body lay down. People nearby surrounded him, some people just looked at him while holding a phone to call an ambulance, some whispering worriedly.

“Miss, are you ok?” The driver went out from his car and helps the weak Yuri up.

“No… no. I’m not ok…” Yuri looked at the driver; she then looked at his car. “You…you hit him!” Yuri suddenly got back to her senses.

She pushed the driver then he fall down. She ran to the crowd of people. She pushes her way through the crowd. She put his head at her lap gently. She caresses his cheeks with his blood flowing down to her head.

“Wake up Minho! Pabo Minho!” She yelled at the looking-dead Minho.

With her hand still holding Minho’s bleeding head. She shakes his shoulder asking him to wake up but there was no response from him. People nearby hold her shoulder and patted her back, asked her to calm down. The ambulance arrived.

“Miss, we’re the medic and I would like you to let go of him…”

Yuri wasn’t listening. She hugs him as tight as she could. She doesn’t want to let go of him. One of the citizens has to force her to let go of him. She let go of him but then she ran to one of the medic.

“Please tell me he’s going to be alright, please!” She holds the medic hand, and kneels to beg.

“Miss, with his condition, I don’t know. You have to come with us. Bring him in!” The medic helps her stand up and lead her inside the ambulance with Minho’s body is on the stretcher.

They put them both is the vehicle, they set up all the equipment needed for Minho. Yuri holds his hand. Yuri felt his pulse, it was beating.

“Umm, I think he’s….” Yuri couldn’t finish up her words.

“Sir his heart rate is way beyond and the blood flow out too much.”

“Hold him still. We’re here. Miss, I need you to fill in while we’re sending him to the emergency room.” The medic grab on to her shoulder.

“You think I have time for that! My boyfriend is dying!”

The ambulance stop and one of the medics opens the door and already ready Minho to rushes out from there.

“Miss, get a hold on yourself. We are doing everything that we can to save him. At least, call your family…” He let go of her and help the others pushed the stretcher into the hospital.

“Miss, come with me. I’ll show you the waiting room.” said the nurse from the hospital.

 

-----

 

I waited for hours, doctors and nurses coming in and out from the emergency room. After one problem solve, another came. I pray to god hoping that he’ll be alright. This is my entire fault, I should just walk until the other side of the road then I turn to face him but I was stupid.

“Noona!”

I lifted my head and saw my brother Sehun with my best friend, Taeyeon. He’s the first person that popped out from my mind to call. I guess he brings Taeyeon along.

“Sehun-ah… Taeyeon…” I murmured while still sitting down.

Sehun pulled me into a hug. I cry on his shoulder and I could see Taeyeon was crying too. She patted my back.

“How’s Minho hyung? He’s going to be fine, right?” He wipes my tears away with the cloth that Taeyeon gave him. I thanked of both them.

“I don’t know, it’s been over an hour already…”

“Yuri-ah, what exactly happen?” Taeyeon asked me.

“He saves my life which I don’t deserve living right now…”

“Noona, could you please! Minho hyung saves you because he loves you. Do you think he’ll be pleased listening to what you saying right now?” Sehun yelled at me.

I deserve that. Taeyeon tries to calm Sehun down. That’s odd, the intimacy between the both of them…Then, a nurse approaches to us.

“Miss Kwon?”

“Yes…” I replied.

“The doctor would like to see you now.”

“Can I bring my family with me…”

“Umm, just you…”

I looked at Sehun, he nods saying he understands. He said that he’ll wait with Taeyeon. They both hug me and told me to be strong no matter what happen.

“This way…” The nurse led me the way.

I walked pass by every wards and all I can see was people crying over a dead body. Most were families, friends and lovers. I closed my eyes and think positive. Minho will be alright. He’s a strong person.

“Dr. Shim, this is the patience’s family.” The nurse said to a very tall and handsome doctor.

“Oh, come in. Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Shim Changmin and you can call me Dr. Shim.”

“Nae…” I nods while we shaking hands with each other.

“Are you his girlfriend?”

“Fiancé actually, just by this morning…” I looked around to see him but he’s not there.

“He just proposed? I am truly sorry and he is not here. He is still in the emergency room.”

He take a look at some files, his face isn’t showing any good news. He looked at me and smile. He asked me to sit down, facing him.

“Your boyfriend is….”

“Please don’t tell me he’s dead…”

“No,no! He is not dead.”

My heart suddenly jumps for joy, hearing that he is still alive cure the pain that I keep for the past hours. I hold his hand and I cry.

“Then, when can I see him?” I said happily. He pats my hand and let go of it.

“The fact is, it’ll be hard for you because he’s in a comma.”

“C-comma, for how long?” My heart stops again. He is alive but he is not fully recovered.

“I don’t know, in his case, this could take years… I’m sorry.”

Years? I can’t even lose him for an hour but now I have to wait for him more than a year. I closed my face with my hands and start to cry, I was devastated. This is my entire fault.

 

-----

“Sehun-ah, where is Yuri?”

BoA startled the worried Sehun with Junsu on her arm and Yunho beside her. BoA got the shocking news when Sehun call her, she was preparing for the family dinner. Sehun stood up and shook. BoA hand Junsu to Yunho and call for Yuri’s cellphone.

“She’s not picking up…”

“Honey, how about we wait for her, everyone is worried right now.”

“Fine, I’m going to take Junsu’s bottle at the car, he looks hungry…”

“I’ll take it, you stay here.” Yunho gave Junsu to his mom and headed to their car.

BoA patted Junsu’s back softly like a mother should, she sat next to Sehun, and she looked at Taeyeon who’s praying right now. She takes a deep sigh.

“Aren’t you happy, noona?” Sehun faced her.

“What? And your meaning is…”

“You always want Minho hyung to get into an accident so Yuri noona will end up with another guy.”

“Why…you…”

“But that does not going to happen. Yuri noona loves him and nothing seems to break them apart. Not from you, not from anybody except god.”

Sehun stood and pulled Taeyeon up. He rolled his eyes at BoA and walked away from here. Taeyeon bow to her before being drag by Sehun to another place.

“Sehun-ah?” He walks by pass his brother-in-law, Yunho who’s holding a baby bag.

“Hyung? How did you ever stand that woman?” Sehun stops. He bow to Yunho and headed to another place with his hand pulling Taeyeon.

“W-what?” Yunho replied.

 He looks at BoA. She’s sitting down, rocking the little Junsu with her face looking annoyed. He approaches her.

“Yeobo, what did you say to him?” Yunho asked.

“I did what? I didn’t even say anything; he’s the one who’s being emotional.”

Yunho hands her the bottle and she let Junsu drinks it. Yunho rubs the baby head and placed his arm at his wife shoulder.

“You know what; your brother got a point. How can I stand a woman like you…?”

“Then you and him can make an ally and take my down, right?”

“Yeah, I should…” Yunho smirks.

BoA pinched his waist. Yunho calm her down by massaging her shoulder. He understands, a mother who work, taking care of her baby, cares about her siblings life is a hard thing to do. That’s how he stands his complicated wife.

-----

 

Dr. Shim calms me down after my breakdown just now. He said he’ll take me to Minho’s room. I don’t think I could handle seeing him not talking to me or hold me just like he always did.

“You ready Miss Kwon?” He asked me, I nodded and he open the door.

“There he is, you can touch him but he’ll show you no response. I leave you two alone. I’ll be outside, call me whenever you need me.”

I nod. I looked at him and I cry once again. This time it was deep and quiet and I bet nobody can hear my cries. His eyes were opened, his head had been paired with bandages, and his body got metal support. I near him and kiss his cheeks.

“You must be in such pain right now…” I whisper. Nothing was moving except his heart.

I’ll promise to wait no matter how long you lay there, Choi Minho. I’ll wait even if it takes forever.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Phew, that was soooo sad. Seriously I actually cry writing this because it reminds me too much of a love tragedy. Trragic as it is, I going to finish this up soon since I got other story to focus on and I'm glad that this story got good feedbacks.

Next up: Yuri is not accepting Minho's condition :'(