Epic 4 [-The Burning Anger-]

Code! Gear Unit (Under reconstruction -story plot-)

 

 

 

Epic 4

[-The Burning Anger-]

 

 

 

 

-]Gyeonggi Province, South Korea; Colony Year 3029[-

 

Youngbae reached for his communication link with his free hand. "Taeyang to Genie, over." He said. Static lines were heard. "Taeyang, this is Genie over. What's the situation there?" Jessica's voice is heard from the other line. "I got EAIA infantry troops in my location. Coordinates are X400 and Y350." He said. "Location pinpointed. We'll be there in no time. How is your status?" Jessica asked. "I got ten infantry soldiers on my front. I see no Mobile Armor Carriers or any transport Copters near my area." Youngbae answered. "Copy that. We'll proceed to you locations." Jessica said.

 

"Activating overhead map outline." Tiffany said as she hits the keyboard panel accessing the satellite view of the coordinates Youngbae gave. "Scanning heat sources... from Youngbae's area: we got one military Hummer V, three APC trucks and six battle tanks stationed around the immediate premises. Heat Signals indicate five to ten Mobile Armors not far, a few miles from Youngbae-oppa's location. They are EAIA Raid troops." She said.

 

"Let's go. Maintain the Mirage Curtain. We don't want some EAIA following our tails." Captain Boa said as she sat on the Captain's chair. "Roger." YoonA and Sunny answered as they began switching the auto-pilot to manual and with a small quiver, they hovered from their location. "Have Daesung ready his Gear Unit. We'll have to do some reconnaissance first. We might have some Mobile Bombardiers on lookout not far from town." She ordered. "Ready the preparation for Taeyang's gear: Sol as well." She followed. "Roger that." Jessica said.

 

"Aiya!! Is it my turn now?" Daesung smiled as he dances his comical arirang dance hearing Jessica's announcements from the pilot bridge.

 

>> Daesung to proceed to the Gear hangar for preparations. Mobile Gear Suit: D-Lite to be on stand-by. <<

 

"Gotta go!!!" Daesung ran leaving his mechanic companion from the cafeteria. As he runs the hallway, he passed-by the similarly alerted group of newcomers. The emergency alert alarm buzzed along the hallways of the ship as the emergency light gleamed in bright red. "What's happening unnie!?" Seohyun asked as she holds Taeyeon's arms. "I think we have enemies approaching?" Hyoyeon answered.

 

"Let's hurry up!!" Taeyeon said but was surprised when a familiar figure emerged from the hallway intersection. They were about to head to an intersection when Krystal saw them and called them. "Taeyeon-sshi!! Seohyun-sshi!!! Hyoyeon-sshi!! What are you doing there!?" Krystal called them. "We're going to the cockpit, Krystal-sshi." Seohyun answered. "That's the wrong way!! Come on follow me." Krystal urged them to follow her. "Oh!! Let's go then!!" Hyoyeon answered as they followed the medical doctor to her destination.

 

Daesung, after changing to his pilot uniform, went straight to the hangar and to his Mobile Gear Suit... a light weight red painted space-type scout and battle Jet plane. He went to an elevating flat form and ascended to a small square opening at the base of the plane. He jumped down and sat to his pilot chair, pulling out two large navigation handles with three red switches, a trigger button in front and a side switch from both his arm rests. Then some small blinking orange lights appeared from the plane's sides.

 

The Gear-Core entrance was then secured by a wall that slid to close as Daesung manually operates the system. Slowly but rapidly, Daeusng's chair descended forward facing down to a spherical space, the Core cockpit. One by one the monitors began to light up as a holographic touch screen keyboard appears just in front of Daesung.

 

He started snapping the switches and inputting the codes. "Fuel recharging now at 100%. Arming D-Lite." The Head engineer of the gears, Kwon Yuri's voice was heard from the hangar control room. Mechanical hands emerged from the metal walls of the hangar as it places the armaments on the Gear. "Better be careful Dae!! I just finished some recalibrations on this baby!!" She warned. "No problemo, Pearl!!" Daesung answered.

 

"OK then. Placing D-Lite to Launching hall." Yuri followed as she operates the moving platform causing it to move forward until it reaches a square line on the main floor and descended to a narrow room connected to a hallway of pure metals and cables.

 

"Checking air pressure cables and heat status level. Generator at 100% working peak. Heat level at 40% stable." Daesung said. "Releasing stabilizing cables and fuel cable." Daesung followed as he began snapping off the switches on the left side of his upper monitor. Small and large fuel and securing cables began to disconnect releasing a surge of air pressure as it returns to the hangar wall.

 

[[Initializing Gear control sequence settings]]

 

Daesung took the helmet resting atop the backrest of his chair and wore it clicking a switch on the left chin side. The helmet lit up exposing the cockpit as window panels showing the Gear body status, Pilot Health Status, energy output, a small radar panel and the lock-on panel appeared. A small part of the helmet unfolded and covered Daesung's mouth and nose as the air mask began its function. "D-Lite is ready to soar." He said. "Launching halls set to catapult mode. Initializing launch countdown." Jessica said seeing Daesung's gear from her second monitor.

 

From the left base of Genie, as it ascends to the sky, a small cannon-like container opened and from it unfolded the catapult tube making the cannon tube longer. Inside the container lies the Mobile Jet Plane: D-Lite. Jessica's video transmission appeared on the left monitor of the cockpit. "Daesung-ah, your objective is to scout and protect the near encampment as we secure Youngbae-oppa. We located an EAIA command base a few miles away and we suspect Mobile Armors and Bombardiers stationed nearby town. Use the Gear's spy camera on recon." She said.

 

"I understand. I'll initiate the stealth curtain system then." Daesung said. "Daesungie, you're free to launch. Good Luck" Jessica said with a smile. "Ok!! Kang Daesung, D-Lite, launching." He said as he took hold of the booster lever, horizontally connected at the side wall of the cockpit, and pushed the acceleration to maximum.

 

D-Lite's boosters began to glow a bright light as from it emerged powerful bursts of booster torches. A catapult arm took hold of D-Lite's lower base and with a push, the Gear blasted away from the catapult vault and into the air.

 

"Daesung had already sortied. Readying Sol's catapult pod." Jessica said as she began typing in the keyboard.

 

Youngbae rushed towards the church and saw the EAIA soldiers leaving followed by the Black Jacks running away like they saw something horrible that made them flee. They were crying and cursing and such site intensified Youngbae's anxiety.

 

He went to the back door and entered stealthily his gun readied in case he gets detected. He entered the church and saw something he vowed he never wanted to see. His time stopped and his world crashed. His eyes trembled as his focus was drained. As if he lost all of his strength, he kneeled letting go of his gun as he rests his hands to the floor. "No. No. No. No. No." Youngbae mumbled again and again as he slowly crawled towards the center of the altar. His body stopped as if not wanting to come closer anymore as tears began to fall. He forced himself to go closer as the moon light gave him the view of the sight he never ever wished to see.

 

 In front of the church's altar lay the bodies of a priest in a black robe accompanied by seven children at least, lifeless and soaked in the pool of blood. Youngbae began to curse and bawl more, not minding the transmission link on his jacket's collar.

 

Just then he heard a scream, it surprised him that he went to find its source. He went closer to another room door besides the confession room and saw the most important child he took care of.

 

She was being harassed by some soldiers, trying to rip her clothes open as they unbuckle their jeans and plants kisses on the poor girl as she cries desperate with pleadings and screams. She was being toyed and violated that it ignited rage to Youngbae. He was about to rush when he stopped as he witnessed something he never would want to happen. One of the soldiers grew impatient to the girl's desperate refusals and decided to end her life by stabbing her with the foldable bayonet from his rifle not once but thrice whilst the other one whines for he wasn't able to taste the young girl. This triggered the monster's rage in Youngbae that he, without second thought, rushed to them and fired his gun killing the two at once. He rushed to Ji Eun and lifted her head up to his arm.

 

  "J-Ji Eun!?" Youngbae called as he lifts the head of the girl wiping the stains of bloods on her face. "O-oppa? Youngbae-oppa?" Her voice was faint and weak. Youngbae sobbed harder but tried to control it. "Y-you came back to visit us oppa? I'm glad. Will you be staying with us?" Ji Eun asked her eyes fixated on the ceiling, lifeless and blinded. Youngbae tried to stop his sobbing. "Yes, Ji Eun I'm here. I'll stay with you from now on." He said.

 

The whole cockpit was silent. Even Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, and Seohyun who just came were also solemn. They heard Youngbae's failed attempts to control his sobs. Tiffany was tearing up as well covering as she listens to their conversation. YoonA was wiping her tears same as with Jessica while Sunny had her face covered by her hands. "How inhuman!! Damn them!!" She cursed. Krystal was tearing up as well. "Youngbae-oppa." She mumbled in between her sobbing.

 

"Ji Eun, stay with me ok? Please don't go anywhere. Oppa is here to protect you." Youngbae said desperately as he caresses the young girl's cheeks. Ji Eun smiled. "Thank you, oppa. But I am so tired now. I want to sleep can you sing for me, oppa?" She asked surprising the guy. Youngbae hesitated but he saw Ji Eun's hopeful expression so with his voice still cracking, he sang Ji Eun her favorite lullaby.

 

"A little girl runs to the stream, watching all the fish swimming gracefully. Her face brightens up as she saw the flashes of crystal from the stream. T-the light *cracks*" Youngbae tried his best to sing as Ji Eun hums innocently before she closes her eyes and life leaves her body. Youngbae stopped as he felt Ji Eun's grip to his hand weakens until she lets go and her hand slip lifelessly from his down to the floor. "Ji Eun? Ji Eun!?" Youngbae called shaking the girl's lifeless body.

 

"This town is an anti-government faction associate. Wipe out everyone in this town." The Officer ordered through the transmission radio as the military vehicle left leaving the gigantic tanks and Mobile Armor carriers. "Initializing Combat mode." Just then the securing locks disconnected from the mobile armors' heavy artillery as it reverses back to gain momentum and moved on with speed whilst killing everything in its sight. The soldiers as well started the chaos letting the town know of doom entering its premises.

 

"They're engaging fire!!!"  Daesung said as D-lite's spy camera shows the Mobile Armors firing its chain guns and Gatling cannons around the town. "You are clear to engage. I repeat you are clear to engage. Defend the town at all cost!!!" Captain BoA cried. She had heard enough, seen enough of the oppressions. Taeyeon, Hyoyeon and Seohyun looked at her and saw something that incited respect from them. BoA's burning resolve is accumulating.

 

"Roger that!!!" Daesung said as he disengages the mirage curtain of his Gear and descends to the lower parts firing the Gear's machine guns towards the enemy Mobile Armors. "Shifting to Gear mode." Daesung said as he hits on the switch on the left of his navigation stick. D-lite descended and transformed in a quick manner to a bipedal (Two legged) gear. "Wah!!" Taeyeon was surprised as she witnessed such new feat from the Gear. Seohyun and Hyoyeon were surprised as well.

 

With its high powered boosters and Daesung's accurate piloting skills, D-lite managed to evade gun fires easily. It dashed towards a Mobile Armor in a zigzag manner, evading the slug guns and as it passes by, it fired its machine rifle to the Mobile Armor's body and using its heat blades, stored behind its left arm, slash the Mobile Armor's body and head causing it to explode.

 

"Taeyang!? Do you copy? Oppa!?" Tiffany called from her computer. There was no verbal response and the only thing breaking the silence is the static frequency. "Youngbae-oppa isn't answering." Tiffany turned to her crewmates with a worried frown. "How is Daesung?" Captain BoA asked. "Daesung had taken down two mobile armors and three battle tanks. He is still engaging with the enemies." Jessica reported.

 

Just then Tiffany was surprised by the sudden loudening static frequency from Youngbae's com-link. "Deploy Sol to this coordinate." Youngbae's voice was cold and frightening that it sent shivers to Tiffany's spine. "R-roger that." She said then turned to Jessica. "Jess, here are the coordinates Youngbae-oppa gave me. He said to bring Sol there." She reported. "Roger that. Sending secure pod to left catapult deck." Jessica replied.

 

"Oppa... Are you sure about this?" Tiffany said to the transmission not expecting for an answer for she knew Youngbae very well. She sighed as she can feel his hostility.

 

From inside the left catapult deck of Genie, the Gear pod containing Youngbae's gear: Sol was loaded.

 

Daesung was maneuvering D-Lite in mid-air as he evades the sudden incoming of heavy artillery to the air. Moments later, Tiffany's video transmission appeared on his monitor. "Anti-air Mobile Bombardiers confirmed 12 kilometers from town. Ten seconds for them to engage fire. Immobilize them now, Dae. We don't want them to destroy every part of the refuge." Tiffany ordered. "Roger that." Daesung replied taking note of the additional signals from his radar.

 

An elderly couple was being harassed by the EAIA soldiers as the old man was being beaten up while the soldiers were laughing. "How's that old man!? Now give me your belongings!!!" They demanded. The couple was begging but language seems to be hindering their pleadings and instead causing more sufferings to them. The Soldiers cursed and said all their profanities that are still undecipherable. Finally, they decided to end the couple. One of them dragged the elderly male and aimed his rifle to him.

 

Bang!!

 

The soldier fell even before anything was comprehended by their minds. The Soldiers turned to their comrade only to see a hole in his head. They cried aggressively as they threaten to kill the old man. One of them saw a man walking towards them holding a gun. His eyes bore nothing but the intent to kill. "Stop right there!! You son of a !!!" The Soldiers growled aiming their guns. He was not afraid of them. He aimed his gun and fired killing another and signaling them to open fire. He dashed to the side hiding behind a bricked wall as the soldiers started pulverizing the thing that prevents them from shooting down their attacker.

 

D-lite passed by a few kilometers above them causing a strong gush of winds that disrupted their focus. Youngbae took his chances and fired four consecutive shots killing the two with a set of body shots. Sensing that there are no other soldiers approaching, he rushed to the couple and assisted the old man. "Are you alright?" He asked. The man's wife rushed to them as he leads them to a safe area away from the danger zone. "Stay here ok? It'll be safe if you don't go anywhere." Youngbae said. "Yes, son. Thank you very much!! Be careful!!" The old woman hugged him while the man held his hand thankful that he saved their lives. Youngbae nodded assuring them and left.

 

"Launching Gear pod in five... four... three... two... one... FIRE!" Yuri said. The catapult cannon tube moved carefully as Yuri navigates it to the coordinate that Youngbae gave them and with a pull from her control lever's trigger, the pod was fired towards the refuge city. The pod glided speedily with the use of the balancing boosters, facing opposite directions, bursting torches in an alternative manner until it fall roughly and came in contact with the ground causing a powerful wave of dusts. Youngbae felt a strong tremble and saw the gigantic pod not too far away and immediately rode his quad-bike to its location.

 

"Engaging the Bombardiers!!!" Daesung said as he navigates D-Lite towards a group of Mobile armors armed with Mortar rifles and Flak cannons, their tank legs secured on the sandy yet solid ground. Hastily but securely he evaded the artillery from the anti-aircraft cannons whilst firing his Gear's Machine gun loaded with metal-piercing artillery ammunitions. "Switching to gear mode." Daesung said as he snapped the switch on his navigation handle's side causing D-Lite to turn to its Gear Mode.

 

"What is that Mobile armor!? It can convert to a Jet Flag and back to Mobile Armor mode!!" One of the Mobile Armor pilots commented as before his questions were answered, D-Lite's bullets pierced through his Mobile armor's body. "W-wha--!? NNOOO!!!" He cried as the Mobile Armor exploded the same time as D-Lite passed by it.

 

"Engage hostile bogey!! I repeat engage hostile bogey!!" The Korean officer commanded as he turns to the higher EAIA officer who wore a calm expression as they return to a large Mobile Armor carrier truck. "I guess I'll have to handle those pests myself." He said as he exited the car and went to a Green thickly armored bipedal Mobile Armor, made with similar appearance as the Mobile Gears

 

 

[-To Be Continued-]

 

a/n:

Here is an update for C!GU. Guys~!!! :(( I really need your insights in this story so I can further enhance my writing skills. Thanks and please upvote this story if you liked it so far thank you very much!!! ^^ And sorry if i hadn't posted a chapter pic my APS is having a problem but I'll post one in the future. Enjoy and comment please~!! NO SILENT READING

[edited]

I've posted the chapter picture ^^