Epic 1 [-Kid Leader-]

Code! Gear Unit (Under reconstruction -story plot-)

                                

 

 

Epic 1

[-Kid Leader-]

 

 

 

 

-] Busan, South Korea; Colony Year 3029[-

 

In the city of Busan, remnants of war are seen resting along the deserted streets that seem to emanate silence and grief. Destroyed buildings and facilities, chunks of fallen bricks, building walls and metals from sky scrapers, coupled with scattered burning cars give a fearful aura accentuated by ill-winds gushing along with the debris of war. The sky is cloudy and lightning flows within every collection of dark clouds along with fearful roars of thunder.  It was night time but the smog bears curtain preventing the light of the moon to enter.

 

Slowly, sounds of engines running and ers bursting signals the approach of a group of VTOL (Vertical Take Off and Landing) transport aircrafts, accompanied by at least six VTOL fighter hornets, soaring in the sky heading somewhere in the city. As the aircrafts reach its destination, sounds of gun and cannon fires as well as dangerous flashes of lights appear on the horizon.

 

[VTOL Night Hawk 1, Nearing target location… Please be ready for drop off…]

 

One of the pilots reported whilst navigating the transport aircraft as it slowly lands near the warzone as shown in the holographic screen located at the farthest wall inside the slightly narrow personnel crate. Inside are two sets of securing chairs which face against another securely attached on the side walls and a group of soldiers, twenty to be exact, sitting relaxingly while fixing their own Assault rifles.

 

On the seat located at the far end of the room in the middle facing the soldiers is a girl with light brown hair tied in a bun, sitting relaxingly, while chewing a gum, with her legs crossed. Her fair, white baby-like cheeks painted with green horizontal lines.

 

"I don't see any reasons for us to be deployed at such a state, Nicole. LOEN Sector is being pushed to the edge. The EAIA are forcing everything out." She complained through the earpiece attached to a mic hidden under her armor. "We don't have any other choice, Taeyeon, Cube sector is as hell as LOEN sector. The Chinese empire is going full force on us." A girl's voice answered. "Let's hope they won't bring those damn mobile armors or it's the end for us." The girl, Taeyeon, answered then turned to her subordinates. 

 

“Yah!! You punks ready!?” Another girl stood up. She has a long blonde hair tied in a low pony tail and covered by a military hat. “You know our objectives!!! Help defend the base and fend off those infidels while we evacuate the others!!! Understood!?” The girl shouted holding a strict authoritative voice which is immediately answered by the other soldiers whom armed their weapons and secured their armors. Then the girl approached the one sitting near the pilot room.

 

“They’re ready." The girl said as she, herself readies her rifle. “Good. Then let’s do this. Let's hope all they can send are soldiers our sizes or else we're doomed.” The girl in the seat answered as she stands up exposing a military armor with a logo of the Global Operative Unification Federation [GOUF] in the mid chest area, a small Korean flag logo on the left chest part and a “Kid Leader” written on the upper back in a manner similar to that of a basketball jersey.

 

“Rocket men on standby; Front liners, you secure the areas and cover the wounded; Medics secure the wounded and take them to the transports.” The girl ordered with a stern look towards her nodding subordinates.

 

“Ok… Let’s go.” She concluded as the transport slowly lands to the ground while the wall behind them opens downward creating a walking bridge towards the ground. The aircraft landed in the middle of a wide street a few kilometers from the warzone covered by military barricades, Battle Tanks, Turrets, cars and large chunks of building walls which acts as covers for the soldiers whom fight their enemies which are gaining the upper hand and pushing them back.

 

Once the transport landed with its ers facing the ground, the group ran in a tactical manner with their assault rifles armed and helmets worn, parting their ways to each side heading to their objective posts. Lastly the two short girls jumped from the crate and walked away from the aircraft.

 

The area was in chaos, many other transport aircrafts landed in order to evacuate all of the remaining forces of the LOEN Sector in Busan and secure different mysterious and gigantic mechanical parts. Missiles fly like fireworks in the air as dangerous lights appear indicating occasional explosion. The area is booming with loud deafening explosions and war is destroying the area. Taeyeon and Hyoyeon wore their helmets and covered their mouths with gas masks to prevent the dangerous smokes from getting to their heads.

 

“Commander Kim Taeyeon.” A soldier approached the girl. “Lieutenant Lee Jinki of the South Korean national army, reporting for duty” the soldier saluted as he removes his helmet. “Oh you’re the one they call Onew?” Taeyeon asked. “Yes ma’am!!” Onew answered with a strong tone. “Ok… Status report?” Taeyeon asked. “First Infantry Battalion experienced heavy casualties, ma’am. The EAIA anti-terrorists unit started a full push while we are on reconnaissance before the departure.” Onew answered. “We still got twenty to thirty soldiers currently on the battlefield as we speak… Most of the injured ones are brought to the base.” He added. “I see.” Taeyeon replied.

 

"EAIA is going all out to conquer every Asian country huh? They are even trying to dissolve the national military into their own." Taeyeon cursed. "Ok... So we're ordered to take you back to the GOUF LOEN Sector main hideout in Chinhae. There we'll have to plan our counter attack and gather the remaining forces. We are only depending on ourselves now. The resistances from the other factions are facing the same predicament and they can't provide us assistance as well. We are the only reinforcements from GOUF as of now." Taeyeon explained.

 

Onew nodded. "So we'll evacuate the base?" He clarified. Taeyeon nodded. "Seohyun!!" She turned to the girl wearing a dark green full armor and gas mask whom was tending to a wounded soldier. "We need to take the remaining soldiers to the planes." She said. "Roger that!" Seohyun said as she began ordering her medic team to bring the wounded to the VTOL planes.

 

"Hyoyeon!! Let's cover them while they take the wounded to safety. Onew!! Activate the hideout self destruct system and make sure nothing is left for those bastards to use against us." She said as she lifted her machine gun and joined Hyoyeon as she and their unit defends the remaining survivors. Onew obliged and ran to the hideout's computer mainframe.

 

"They're being overrun. Colonel Dongwook, what are we to do now!?" Jung Nicole –Taeyeon's team operator 1- cried as she turns to their head department officer. "Signals indicate Mobile Gear carriers approaching the area." Goo Hara followed deciphering the signals on her computer and on the radar. A tall well leaned man rose from his seat. "Damn EAIA... How is Commander Dong Joon's area!?" He asked turning to the other side of the intelligence base, inside a large unregistered Earth carrier unit. "Mobile Armor units had already been deployed there, Colonel. Team Beast has escaped the area with the remaining military forces." Suzy answered.

 

The whole GOUF LOEN Sector Earth Mobile Carrier Ship "Seo Taiji" cockpit is in tension. The stress is evidently battering the intelligence team as they assist the frontlines of the South Korean Military department under war with the Chinese Empire: EAIA (East Asian Imperial Army) Forces that harbored a huge amount of power after coinciding and signing a confederate treaty with the Western Allied Forces (WAF) and started gaining power by conquering countries starting from smaller weak ones to bigger capable ones. Their ship head, Colonel Choi Dongwook, also head of the GOUF South Korean faction ordered mobilization of evacuation transports to assist the national army the moment the EAIA advance forces signaled their full force attack on South Korea's last standing military sector.

 

"Colonel, Cube Sector had already been acquired by the EAIA East Asian faction. Many of our men had already dispersed!! They are to rendezvous with us at ChinHae docks in 4200." Fei said. "Commander Nam Jihyun's unit had secured Dong Joon's rescue group. They are on their way to hideout." She followed. "Good." Colonel Dongwook answered.

 

"Colonel!!" Just then Nicole's voice called their attention. "Twenty minutes till the Mobile Gear Units arrive to Busan!!" She reported. "Has Taeyeon's unit left already!?" Dongwook asked. "Not yet, sir. The Busan base Self-Destruct sequence had been activated though." Hara said. "Tell Sooyoung and her team to deploy!! Intercept the Mobile Carrier planes ASAP!! We need to keep them secured and safe!!!" Colonel Dong Wook ordered. "Roger!!" Han Seungyeon answered as she began announcing the Captain's order.

 

>>Flag team: Shikshin ready to take-off<<

 

Sooyoung reported as she began taking control of her Mobile Flag Unit and commanding her pilot teams while red alert sirens alarmed the whole hangar of the Mobile Carrier as one by one the Flag anti-mobile armor jets take off. The mechanics and pilots hurried to their places as their turn to assist the evacuation troops had already came.

 

"Taeyeon!! We got Mobile Armor carrier crafts approaching your location!! Hurry up and evacuate everyone there!!! Colonel Dong Wook had already deployed Sooyoung's team to cover your troops." Nicole's voice was loud. Taeyeon cursed for the worse thing she doesn't want to expect coming came. "We need to hurry!!! The damned EAIA are sending Mobile Armors our way!!!" Taeyeon yelled to everyone.

 

"What!? !! Like hell we're gonna stand a chance against them!!!" Hyoyeon cried as she continued firing her assault rifle. "If we use heavy artillery then we might stand a chance but the automated turrets are now offline!!" Onew followed. "Did you guys bring RPGs? Where are my rocket soldiers!!! We need to keep them safe before the bombardment flags arrive!!" Taeyeon cried. "Got it!!" Hyoyeon said as she ran to the hover craft.

 

Just then loud bursts and spinning rotors were heard as a group of colossal airships appear from the sky not far away and from it fell three to five gigantic machines with tank-legs, being supported by landing boosters and a group of parachutes attached, and landed with very loud sounds followed by Mobile anti-air bombardiers carrying bazooka rifles. "The Mobile Gears are here!!!" A soldier named Key cried as he approaches Taeyeon's group. "Commander... What should we do now?" He asked.

 

The Flags had also finally arrived, firing heavy artillery against the mechanical onslaughts. The Anti-air Bombardiers fired their bazooka rifles, accurately bringing down some number of flag jets and transport carriers. The war became a fight between the giant war machines, the Mobile Flags against the Mobile Armors

 

"Calm down, soldier. Gather your men and go to the planes. We need to evacuate now." Taeyeon said. "Let's go fast!!!" She yelled. Just then, as they were running back to the VTOL copters, two large artillery missiles hit their transport plane and a powerful explosion threw them away from their destination. Taeyeon stumbled roughly along with Hyoyeon and the others. A deafening tune affected Taeyeon's hearing as her equilibrium struggles to retain its balance. She looked around and saw the struggling and dizzy Hyoyeon and the bleeding Key. "Unnie!!" Seohyun approached Taeyeon and helped her sat up tending to her bleeding forehead. The other soldiers covered for them and fired their weapons as the other medics tend to Key and Hyoyeon.

 

"The Alpha team's transport had been destroyed!!!" Nicole cried. Fei and the other team operators looked at Nicole as tension began to spread across the whole room. "Damn it!!!" Colonel Dongwook slammed his fist on the table. Hopelessness is at hand the moment the fearsome weapons had been deployed.

 

"We can't do this." Taeyeon said whilst holding her head and covering the excessive bleeding. She felt her sight spinning and she is unable to regain balance. "We're gonna die." She said. Seohyun was yelling at her same as Hyoyeon who, despite her bleeding state, helped fight as the remaining medics assist them. She stared at Key's lifeless body.

 

"We got an unidentified signal desceding at high speed, Colonel!!!" Hara reported. "What!? Is that a missile?" Dong Wook asked. "I can't decipher, Sir. It's falling directly from the sky." Hara said.

 

Taeyeon looked up and saw the Colossal Mobile Gear tanks nearing them firing its massive machine gun CIWS [Closed-in Weapon System] with ascending sounds ringing and deafening to the ears and killing most of their subordinates. Most other soldiers didn't run and fought to the dead.

 

Hyoyeon, though weakened, grabbed the RPG from not far away and fired a missile round only to make a miniscule damage to the mechanically man-controlled onslaught before them. Taeyeon grabbed her assault rifle and made Seohyun duck and fired despite her having difficulty in maintaining her balance. A bullet hit her left arm causing her to flinch and fall to the ground. Seohyun was surprised that she immediately tends to Taeyeon as the girl winced in pain grabbing the wound she received from the Mechanical giants.

 

The Mobile Gear Armor had reached their location and has aimed its CIWS to kill them. Seohyun hugged Taeyeon as Hyoyeon went in front of them aiming her RPG. "Unnie!!!" Seohyun cried as she closes her eyes. "!!" Hyoyeon cursed as her hands began to tremble. Taeyeon watched as the Mobile Armor look down to them and didn't fail to notice a small light behind it. "Is it the light to heaven?" Taeyeon uttered weakly pointing at the light that seemingly increases its size.

 

Just then the light forcefully fell from the sky and a powerful shockwave occurred. Dust flew like water splashing in a tidal wave. Everything was covered by thick smokes and dust but the sounds of fires and deafening gun cries are still clear around the whole area.

 

Taeyeon despite being in pain grabbed Seohyun while Hyoyeon covers them both as dusts covered the area like a huge sand storm. A blinding light followed and as their images clarify, they saw something unimaginable.

 

A white, gigantic, cylindrical descent pod standing lifeless atop the destroyed Mobile Armor that once stood before them... shortly after, the automated screws secured on the pod's side began to spin and loosen consecutively releasing high pitched mechanical friction and spinning screeches. Folding sidewards from the base is the outer cover of the pod as from it catapulted a thing undecipherable to everyone.  Everything went quiet to Taeyeon as she lost her consciousness. 

 

[-To Be Continued-]

 

Author's note:

Finally the debut of my Sci-fi, mecha-based fiction. Honestly, I am more confident in doing fictions with this kind of touch and those that includes more action less drama. As a matter of fact, its SNSD focused counter part: http://soshified.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28665-snsd-code-gear-unit/ was the first fic that I finished. As glad as I am with this fiction's debut, I am also at a loss with my two other well received fictions. Actually the issues were far heavier than I thought. Work came in between me and my hobby and I can't give much time in writing and imagining the next scenes and chapters. But rest assured that I will finish those fics. For now, I will focus on a two by two basis and also in a succeeding manner. For example after finishing my "Where u At?" then I will proceed to MHHAS. That way, I think I can better focus on writing quality chapters and lesser pressure right? :) Anyways, starting today I will answer to comments and interact with my readers, sorry for being quite the silent type... :( but I promise I will cater to all your questions in my stories, anything RELATED to my stories ^^. For now enjoy reading and await the next chapter in two weeks :) ciao~