Epic 5 [-Rising of the Sun-]

Code! Gear Unit (Under reconstruction -story plot-)

 

 

Epic 5

[-Rising of the Sun-]

 

 

             
 
-]Gyeonggi province, South Korea; Colony Year 3029[-

 

Youngbae arrived at the pod and rushed to the pilot entrance whilst exchanging fires with the other EAIA soldiers. He dived as one of the tanks fired its artillery, using the explosion's force to catapult him nearer to the pod, he stumbled then rolled swiftly along the ground, stood up and continued on to enter the pod. Once he entered the pod, he rode the lift elevator and stopped at the Body Core of the Mobile Gear. He went to the connecting bridge and inserted his card to the card hole at the side of the body Core's cockpit entrance causing the lower base to descend exposing the cockpit seat. Youngbae jumped to the seat and initiated the manual control.

 

Youngbae first pulled the navigation sticks to unfold. Then suddenly, the switches began to light up. Slightly different from Daesung's D-Lite, diagonally lined navigation sticks that are mounted in the arm rests are attached in a half spherical shaped, maneuvering platform which is connected on the outer edge of the arm rests. Both navigation sticks can be pushed forward or back and folded sideward if not in piloting mode. On the main arm rest platform, switches and buttons are found.

 

Each switches where labeled according to their effect. The first switch on the left was labeled "close cockpit", while the one on the right is labeled "initiate start sequence".

 

Youngbae first hit the switch on the left causing his seat to be pulled inside as the cockpit door entrance folded up and was covered by two additional thick metal doors and finally the Body Core's lower part ascended to connect with the base part. He was pulled up to a spherical shaped space which is the main cockpit or the Core cockpit.

 

Then he hit the first switch on the right causing two panels to appear from both the upper and lower part of the cockpit sphere. The upper monitor stopped facing Youngbae's forehead covering the frontal wall with three smaller monitors in the upper part tilted facing  him and the lower stopped as in-line parallel to Youngbae's chest part.

 

Youngbae hit the 2nd switch in the right arm rest which is labeled with “Start up system”. Then a small square just below the gear outline monitor in the upper panel emitted a blue square shaped laser sensor which pointed to Youngbae's eyes then it started to scan his iris structures.

 

>>Initializing pilot scan…<<

 

The computer stated as the sensor light scanned Youngbae's eyes.

 

>>Pilot identification accepted… Accessing Mobile Gear: Sol system control…<<

 

>>Initializing Mobile Gear Suit: SOL computer database…<<

 

Then the cockpit’s spherical wall started to light up and then showed the line of sight of the Gear in a 180 degrees view. Then the large trapezoid shaped monitor facing Youngbae's chest lit up and radar with heat sensors appeared showing red small dots with view ranges around the gear's signal: which is the yellow dot. After that, the three smaller square type monitors just below the larger one in the lower panel light up and two short touch-screen keyboards unfolded from the bottom of the lower panel and slid towards each other and connected in the middle, on the upper panel, the outline of the Gear's status is shown.

 

Youngbae started hitting the switches, disconnecting the securing cables and the Fuel cable causing it to release surges of air pressure. The stabilizing frames disengage and folded away from the gear as the red alert lights flashes brightly from the upper corners of the pod. After monitoring Sol's overall system function status, Youngbae initialized the main pilot control. He grabbed the helmet resting at the top of the back rest of his chair as the pod's AI system begins to arm the Mobile Gear's standard armaments. Two pulse guns were handed by the mechanical arms to both Sol's hands and a laser cutter was secured on its left arm. A rail gun was connected to its mounting point at the back just behind the left shoulder, A multi-missile pod on the opposite side and small blaster cannons on the side of its shoulders.

 

"Mobile Gear: Sol, Taeyang, ready for action. Loosening Pod securing screws." From the gigantic pod that seems to not weaken despite being fired at by Mobile armors and tanks, white gigantic metal screws began unfastening in rapid and consecutive manner causing mechanical friction screeches and forcefully, the pod's frontal side released a surge of air pressures as smokes began to emerge before it slid to the side exposing both mysterious darkness and occasional blinking lights.

 

Silence occurred as curiosity filled the soldiers and Mobile armor pilots. From the shadows of the Pod emerged two gigantic metallic-blue mechanical limbs with its hands armed with pulse guns and fired blue electrical energy projectiles creating two clean holes on one of the Mobile Armors causing it to explode and alarming every enemy as before they even made their move, the hands had already fired consecutive shots of the pulse energy projectiles neutralizing three tanks and another Mobile Armor in one go.

 

"What is that!?" Taeyeon asked surprised. Seohyun and Hyoyeon were silently amazed as well. "It's one of the technologies invented by the Aesir. We call them Mobile Gear Suits. Gears in short." Krystal answered. "The red gear that can convert into an aircraft is called D-Lite, it is piloted by Daesung-oppa. The one in the pod is known as Sol, Youngbae-oppa's Gear." Krystal continued.

 

"They will be our Gear to turn the war away from this world." Captain BoA stated to them. "Wow..." Seohyun uttered. Hyoyeon whistled in awe.

 

"We got additional tanks approaching your way, Taeyang. I got three on your right and four on your left. We only got one more Mobile Armor in the city." Jessica said. "Roger that. Proceeding with the sanitization." Youngbae responded.

 

From the shadowed inside of the pod emerged a thing propelled by powerful bursts of angry boosters that releases strong yet concentrated light blue torches. A metallic-blue Gear, with metallic-silver linings, stopped with a forceful slide and turned to the incoming tanks. "I'm gonna engage." Youngbae said as he controls Sol making the Gear aim its two pulse guns and fires. "Roger that." Jessica answered.

 

With a push to the acceleration lever, Sol dashed forcefully towards the incoming hostility. "I got twenty shots on each of the pulse guns to maximum. Have to conserve my energy well... Accessing Rail gun." Youngbae said hitting the red middle button at the back of the left navigation handle. Sol, after dashing past the enemies, kneeled with one knee letting the cannon unfold from its back. Then from his helmet, a special lock-on signal appeared as Youngbae took control of the cannon. Once the [accessed] label appeared on the side of his helmet view, he pulled the trigger below the right navigation handle whilst maintaining his hold of the middle red button. Particles of light began accumulating at the tip of the rail gun's barrel as electrical energy began to form and at once fired a quick flash of fierce energy causing a powerful explosion destroying a group of tanks in one go.

 

"We got a new unidentified Mobile armor at the city proper, Lieutenant Xiu Le!!" The Korean reported thru the comm. link. The EAIA officer, Lt. Xiu Le smirked as he finished the preparations of his Mobile armor. The securing locks disconnected as the Mobile armor stood up arming its gigantic Bazooka launcher, Gatling cannon, and Heat-seeking missile pod. "I'll take care of those pests myself using the newest Mobile Armor prototype: Khan." He grinned and as he pushed the acceleration lever, his modified Mobile armor: Khan zoomed in towards the city proper.

 

Daesung maintained his accurate control of D-Lite as he neutralizes the Mobile Armor Bombardiers. Evading the artillery while in Jet mode, Daesung fired bombard missiles causing large explosions and destroying the remaining number of the anti-air and Mortar units. D-Lite descended to the ground as it converts to Gear mode. "That's the last of them here." Daesung said smiling and contented. "Ok, Daesung. You can go back to the refuge now and assist Youngbae-oppa." Jessica's voice emerged from the cockpit's communication link. "Roger that." Daesung said as he turns D-Lite to the city but then...

 

>>Incoming missile... Incoming missile...<<

 

"!!" Daesung navigated the Gear to dash quickly to the side as it arms its machine gun and successfully evaded the incoming missile. Daesung was surprised by the appearance of a green heavy type Bipedal Mobile Armor with its Bazooka aimed at him. "Is that a Gear!?" Daesung asked.

 

Captain Boa, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon and Seohyun as well as the rest of the crew stiffened the moment they came contact with the newly developed Mobile Armor. "Is that a gear as well!?" Tiffany asked. "It can't be!! I mean, only we know of the technologies the Aesir had developed. How did..." Sunny exclaimed. "I don’t think it is a Gear. It strongly possesses the same attributes as that of a Mobile armor." Jessica said.

 

"Jessica-unnie's right. It might be just a modified bi-pedal armor unit." YoonA said. "Looks like EAIA have things hidden under their sleeves." Captain BoA followed. The three GOUF soldiers were silent and shocked. Their hands began trembling. "Is this the new power of the EAIA?" Taeyeon thought. How will they suppress the almighty empire then if their enemy had evolved to a much powerful enemy?

 

Sol dashed at high speed readying its beam cutter as it closes in towards a Mobile Armor while evading the incoming artilleries from it. Quickly and with a powerful push from the ers, Sol jumped somersaulting over the Mobile armor and shoved its beam cutter diagonally, slashing the Armor into two causing it to explode. "That's the last of it. Anything more in your radar, Tiffany?" Youngbae asked as he watches the radar for any additional units.

 

Tiffany nearly jolted up from her seat from shock as she heard Youngbae's voice. She was engrossed with the introduction of the new EAIA Mobile Armor unit that she lost focus on Youngbae's side. She immediately looked at the satellite radar and saw none. "Everything is clear on your area, oppa." Tiffany said taking careful note of the scans in the vicinity. "Roger that. How about Daesung's side?" Youngbae asked. "Well... Daesung encountered a new EAIA Mobile Armor unit. It is a bi-pedal unit." Tiffany said.

 

"Tch!! I'll go to his place now." Youngbae said as he shifted Sol's position and accelerated it to Daesung's location outside the town. "Initializing unit scan." Jessica began typing in the keyboard as she accessed the satellite unit scanner. "It's a 9013 model: Destroyer-Experion hybrid. It’s a heavy type Mobile armor plated with the same alloy used in WAF Marine armors. So far this is all of what I can access. Its armaments are common ground artillery used mostly by Mobile Bombardiers." Jessica said.

 

"I'm engaging the unit." Daesung said as he maneuvered D-Lite arming the left hand machine gun and firing towards the Mobile Armor as the latter dashed to the opposite side evading a few of the rounds. To Daesung's surprise his bullets were deflected by its thick armor. "This one's heavily guarded. I am guessing that it has an anti-solid round armor built in it." Daesung said. "Its armor plating is thick with two layers of titanium hybrid alloys merged together on the body plating pgiving it extra protection especially to armor piercing artilleries.." Jessica explained.

 

"Taeyang is on his way there, Daesung, but be careful still." Tiffany said noting the overhead satellite view of Sol's radar signature moving towards Daesung's and his adversary's.

 

The Mobile Armor dashed towards D-Lite, accessing the Gatling cannon and firing in simultaneous with its bazooka launcher. "The pilot is skilled... He can operate this armor well..." Daesung said as he maneuvers D-Lite away from the firing range and shifting it to jet mode soaring towards the sky then diving back firing its two machine rifles. The Armor dashed backwards whilst answering Daesung's attacks with its Gatling cannons.

 

Lt. Xiu Le smirked. He knows that the mysterious unit is surprised by his appearance. "Still a kid in my opinion. I'll take you down." He said as the lock-on signal justifies to D-Lite and once it does, he clicked the back switch cover of his navigation handle and pulled the trigger. The pod on the left back mount of the Mobile Armor, as it dashes backwards, opened and from it launched 5 homing missiles.

 

"Five heat-seeking missiles on your way, Dae!!" Tiffany said. "Argh!!!" Daesung maneuvered his gear having it spin midair letting the missiles pass through while continuing to attack the Mobile armor: Khan as the projectiles turn back towards D-Lite. "Releasing Decoy flares." Daesung said as he accesses the special decoy compartment of D-Lite. The Gear in Jet form released four flaring lights disrupting the missile's target route and lessening the missile in pursuit.

 

"We'll have to assist Daesung... It won't be long before the EAIA reinforcements come." Captain BoA said. "Roger..." YoonA said as she and Sunny began maneuvering the carrier ship towards the two gear's location.

 

"I'll have to cut it down!!!" Daesung thought as he maneuvers D-Lite [Jet Mode] away from the remaining missiles. "Hmm... Let's see what you can do now." Lt. Xiu Le grinned as he controls the Mobile Gear and fires the Gatling rounds as it dashes to follow D-Lite.

 

Just then Daesung navigated his Gear to turn towards the Mobile Armor thus surprising the Lieutenant. "What the!?" He cursed as he maneuvers the Mobile armor away from the incoming D-Lite. He smirked once again noticing Daesung's intended plan. With a swift turn, D-Lite passed by the Armor as the missiles close in. "As expected." He grinned and accessed the CIWS neutralizing the missiles then immediately turning his attention to his enemy. "Humiliating me eh!? I'm gonna dissolve you to ashes!!!" He cried as the Mobile armor did a combo of its Bazooka and Gatling rounds.

 

"Reinforcements will arrive at 0030, Lieutenant." His Korean subordinate reported. "Good." He mumbled with a smirk but was cut off when his radar buzzed in alarm as it detects another signature coming at high speed. "What the!?" Before Lt. Xiu Le managed to take actions, his Mobile armor's left lower limb was cut by Sol's beam cutter as Youngbae's gear dashes away and turned to the Mobile Armor with a slide and a loud screech.

 

"Argh!!!" The officer groaned as the Mobile Armor loses balance. "I will eradicate all the oppressors." Youngbae said as Sol aims its two pulse guns as it both summon an accumulation of electrical energies just before its barrel tips.

 

"Tch. You may kill me as you like but it won't change the fact that you will face the wrath of the red dragon!!!" The EAIA officer cried as he arms the Gatling cannon towards Sol. Youngbae remained silent as Daesung descended D-Lite beside Sol. "Even the fiercest dragon bows before the rising sun." Daesung said, solemnly, as Sol fired its pulse guns creating two clean holes in the Mobile armor's left chest.

 

"Ha ha ha HAHAHAHAHA!!!!" Lt. Xiu Le laughed as the Mobile Armor exploded lightening the dark moonlit area of the outskirts of the once peaceful town refuge. The town Youngbae loved and grew up with... but no more.

 

[-To Be Continued-]