Epic 3 [-Crossing Paths-]

Code! Gear Unit (Under reconstruction -story plot-)

 
 
 
 
 
 

Epic 3

[-Crossing Paths-]

 

 

 

 

 

-] Gyeonggi Province, South Korea; Colony Year 3029[-

 

Youngbae went to the hangar of the ship as it settles to the ground causing a small quake to occur. He wore his leather jacket and rode a Quad-Bike. "Been a while since I last set foot on the Earth ground." He thought as he puts on his crash helmet. Then he pushed a button on the side of the dashboard causing it to light up to blue neon lines.

 

>>[Initiating Engine control] <<

 

Then Youngbae inserted a thick titanium card on the large card-hole situated at the middle of the dashboard just below the digital gauge meters.

 

>>[Access granted... Good day: Taeyang-sshi]<<

 

The AI greeted.

 

Youngbae smiled as he started the engine. Just then a muscle bounded man wearing an unsecured yellow mechanic jumper exposing his white wife-beater and his similarly muscle-toned limbs, appeared with a smile letting his eyes shrink to small crescents. "Enjoy the roaming, Hyung!! Hope you find what you're looking for." He cheered as he opens the descending flat form connecting the ship's hangar to the ground. Youngbae gestured a salute as he zooms out of the ship towards his intended destination.

 

-] GOUF LOEN Sector Mother Base Gwangju, South Korea; Colony Year 3029[-

 

Suzy, Hara, Seungri and Sooyoung met up with Sooyoung's older brother and at the same time superior, Col. Choi Dong Wook. They are at the briefing room of GOUF LOEN Sector's Gwangju mother base. Sitting and focused on their superior, the four listened eagerly to what Dong Wook has to say.

 

"So far, we still have no idea as to where most of our troops in Busan ended up to. Commander Taeyeon's troops have the largest casualties as we speak. But we are doing our best so if possible we need to double our work but maintain our exposure to none." Dong Wook said. "Recently, we received a transmission from an unknown source saying that they want to have a word with us. They also informed us that Commander Taeyeon and some of her subordinates are with them." With this the four stiffened.

 

"Is it the EAIA? WAF? Are they taking them hostage?" Seungri asked. "I don't know as of now." Dong Wook said. "We should scratch EAIA off the choices. We know that negotiations aren't an option for the Empire." Hara commented. "True. WAF, on the other hand, is maybe on the neutral side but I think they are siding with the EAIA in some sort." Sooyoung followed.

 

"Looks like we have to find this out ourselves. Colonel, who will represent our side if ever the meet up takes place?" Suzy asked. Dong Wook sat in the chair in front of them, resting his chin above his fisted arms. "I am one of those representatives for sure. Hara, I want you and your team to be on standby in case things don't get well. Sooyoung, Ready the Flags in case it is the EAIA as we have predicted. That'll be an ambush for sure." Dong Wook said. "I should come as well." Seungri suggested. "No. I want you to be on our back up team instead. You are the only SP. 1 that can pilot the Mobile Gear Suit that you brought us when you came here. Our Mobile Gear Flags will assist you as well. But for now you should go to our naval base in Chinhae, the gear just arrived earlier today after the recalibrations from your engineers in India and thank God they weren't detected by the EAIA fleet." Dong Wook ordered.

 

Seungri looked at Dong Wook then to the others and sighed, has the time to use his talent as a promising Mobile Gear Suit pilot came? One thing for sure, he is not very well confident on this. But nonetheless, this is an order and Choi Dong Wook is still one of the heads of GOUF. "I understand." Seungri said.

 

Sooyoung looked at him and smiled. "You'll do well, Seungri ." Suzy and Hara agreed as well. "You're one of our aces in this team. I'm sure you can handle the Mobile Gear Suit in no time. We'll depend on your strength." Suzy said grasping Seungri's hand and squeezing it tenderly. Seungri smiled glad that Suzy trusts him. "I'll do my best." Despite his pride, he possesses lack of confidence in piloting his own Mobile Gear Suit but he has reasons to be better. Seungri is a treasure of Gwangju and such thoughts make his mindset strong. Dong Wook smiled. "I'll count on you as well. Hara will be your main operator." He said as he stands up. "I'll dismiss the meeting now. We don't have updates as of now so better be ready in case the meeting is set." Dong Wook smiled and gestured everyone to be at ease.

 

Dong Wook left gesturing Sooyoung to follow him; Hara did as well, after cheering up the deep-in-thought Seungri, hinting the she has to do something. Seungri was about to leave as well when a hand grasped hold of his wrist. He turned back to see Suzy bowing her head and standing still. "Suzy? What is it?" Seungri asked approaching her. "I know the dangers of being a MGS pilot. You had your share of bad experiences as well, oppa..." Suzy said her voices shaky and almost cracking. Seungri tilted his head unsure of what the girl is getting at. "Suzy? Are you crying?" He asked holding up her chin and lifting it to see her glimmering watery eyes. Suzy smiled a bitter one as she places her hands atop Seungri's chest. "I just want you to know that I will always be here for you. That I will not leave you and I will stay by your side." Suzy said closing in and enveloping Seungri's waist with her arms in a tight hug.

 

Seungri was at a loss for words. He was surprised that Suzy knew of his well hidden troubles and is willing to share his hell-like world. He hugged Suzy planting a kiss on her head. "Thank you, Suzy. I will always keep that in mind." He lifted Suzy's face and reached for her sweet cherry-like lips sealing it with his own tender lips. A passionate kiss is shared as they both envelope their bodies with each other's warmth and appreciation.

 

 

[-] Young Bae arrived at a nearby refuge and parked his quad-bike hidden from malicious eyes. He continued on by walking the streets with his eyes hidden behind his aviator sunglasses. As he walks the road towards a desolated bus station signaling a near refuge, he carefully scanned the whole area.

 

The sky as like how it was is gray and empty as thick Nimbus clouds shroud the sky accentuating the slightly chilling temperature. His hands were hidden inside his jean's side pockets as he turns his head from left to right eyeing the small population of men, women and children that, despite of their poor status, enjoyed the simplicities of what they have.

 

Some were laughing as if such a crisis never occurred, children playing, vendors and buyers from the small market mingling and chatting with each other. The sight was warm and soothing even within the cold harsh contradiction of the environment.  It's like hope still lingers like a thin cord that keeps them from giving up and providing them a reason to fight life's uncertainties. Somehow it tickled a spark of jealousy in Young Bae's mind. How can such people be as how they are even though the environment and their so-called God is being unfair to them? Still this atmosphere has been very familiar to him. His nostalgia of this place is something akin to a warm blanket that usually soothes his troubled mind.

 

His train of thoughts was cut when he felt something, rather, someone bumping to his chest. He looked down to see a young girl about the age of 16, sitting on the ground, wincing as a sharp pain hits her behind. Youngbae kneeled to the girl removing his sunglasses. "Are you alright? Is anything hurt?" He asked kindly. The girl looked at him, staring for a while and analyzing his facial features before smiling as if she saw something lost that had been precious to her. "Youngbae-oppa!!!!" The girl jumped and lunged at Youngbae who, upon realizing and recognizing her, smiled as well. "Ji Eun!! I didn't recognize you!! You're so big and pretty now!!" He caught her giving her a warm hug. "I missed you, oppa!!! How are you!?" The young girl Ji Eun began sniffing as a sob threatens to come her way. "Don't be too sad, my little girl. I'm fine though. And you've become so big!! How is the orphanage?" He asked as she pulled her off the hug to have a better glimpse of her. "You're turning into a very beautiful lady now." He complemented causing Ji Eun to blush and giggle.

 

Youngbae chuckled at her adorable sensitiveness. "Well you're crybaby-ness hasn't changed at all. Let's go I want to meet with Father Chun Yeol." He said helping her to stand up and walking on. Ji Eun smiled and cling her arms around his. "I'm still very happy to see you again, oppa!!!" She said then hugging him again.

 

He accompanied by Ji Eun visited the church where he once stayed. "Father!!! Youngbae-oppa is here!!!!" Ji Eun cheered happily running to the church and greeting the priest, Chun Yeol, who took care of them. Their expressions become delightful upon seeing their long lost friend and family back again. A happy reunion occurred. The younger children ran and attacked Youngbae with hugs and questions. Youngbae hasn't been with them for three years now and seeing him back, well and still the same, made it seem like it is Christmas Eve already to them. Father Chun Yeol is as delighted as them seeing the young man he first took care of ever since he was a child. Youngbae hugged father Chun Yeol as if he was a blood relative. A biological father he always knew and acknowledged even though they are not.

 

Ji Eun was exceptionally happy seeing her precious oppa again; she will come to Youngbae who would smile at her then goes back to the other children to take care of them. Seeing her now being happy and cheerful, playing and mingling well with the younger children made Youngbae happy and a sense of comfort tugged his heart. Ji Eun who is the closest to him was always sickly and pale. Her silent behavior had always worried Young Bae during her early childhood. She was a war orphan that he himself found lying almost lifeless at the outskirts of the refuge town.

 

 

Youngbae stayed to have a heartwarming dinner with the children. They were happily conversing and telling stories after Youngbae's disappearance. The latter, will then give them back stories of his adventures and his experience in space causing them to cheer in awe and childish envy.

 

After dinner, the children started doing their night chores and Young Bae approached the priest who was supervising them and received a cup of coffee from him. "I'm sorry for leaving you guys without much notice." Youngbae said turning to the priest who was watching the children with a smile. "Youngbae, you are a very obedient and independent child. I have my trust in you and I know that you will someday need to find answers for yourself." Father Chun Yeol answered. Youngbae smiled, Father Chun Yeol hasn't changed a bit, despite being old, and he is still the understanding father that he grew with. "So how is everything going for the church? Are the blackjacks still harassing you?" Youngbae asked carefully as such is a sensitive topic to be spoken of.

 

"They never stopped, my son, after all those years. Especially when they heard that you went missing. They'd become more and more aggressive with everyone especially us. Coming here late at night, terrorizing and disturbing the refuge." Father Chun Yeol frowned. Youngbae felt a pang of guilt searing through his heart. He never intended things to be this way. He felt sad that because of his absence, things became worse. He was the only one who stood up against the gang. He expected that those punks will be this desperate. "Sometimes, the EAIA soldiers will come." At the mention of EAIA, Youngbae's heart doubled its beat. A searing anger suddenly crippled his mind. "Even the EAIA are causing havoc here now?" Youngbae asked. Father Chun Yeol nodded.

 

It, finally, came to a time that Youngbae had to go and leave for he has somewhere he needs to go. Sadly, as much as he wanted to stay long he can't. He has a reason to go now, a task to complete. With a heavy heart, he embraced all the kids and bid his farewell to them. "Ji Eun, take care ok? Be careful always and stay happy." Youngbae smiled as Ji Eun sobs. "I will oppa. You take care too and promise to visit us again ok?" Youngbae nodded. "I'll come back again. I promise." He said making a pinky swear with the young girl causing her to giggle. Finally, they accompanied Youngbae outside. "Take care, my child. And don't hesitate to visit us again ok?" Father Chun Yeol said and smiled. "I will, father. You take care too." Youngbae gave the kind priest an embrace as then with a last bow and wave, he left them.

 

The priest, Ji Eun and the children smiled and once Youngbae was out of sight, they went back to the church to get ready to bed. However, before they can enter the church, they were alarmed by the sharp sound of shattering glasses and some screams followed by laughing and crisp sounds of gun fires.

 

The children stopped as the sounds were too disturbing for them to ignore.  "Father..." they turned to Father Chun Yeol and grabbed his robe. "Now now, children. Don't be afraid ok? We are safe here. Papa Jesus will protect us." He said. "Let's go now kids... Don't worry they won't hurt us, as Father Chun Yeol said, Papa Jesus will protect us." Ji Eun assured as she guides them to their bedrooms. The disturbing sounds continued as then after tucking the last child to bed and assuring them that she won't leave their side, she looked at the window and saw some men riding in military jeeps, mindlessly shooting machine guns to the air and crying and shouting crazily in attempts to scare the small refuge. She turned to Father Chun Yeol with a worried expression. "I'll talk to them... don't worry." The priest smiled.

 

"Wake up sleepy heads!!! The EAIA infantry are here for inspection!!!" The loud cries and gun fires caused fear to again creep into every refuge citizen's minds. "Get out now or we'll bombard this place for good!!!"

 

Youngbae cursed, he knew those cries. The moment he heard their crazy callings, he hid himself near his quad-bike. He watched them as they stroll the town shouting and firing guns like there is no tomorrow. Just then the jeep stopped in front of the church as the men laughingly stepped down the vehicle and headed to the church. ". They're going there." Youngbae exclaimed before grabbing his hand gun from the bike's compartment and securing it to his jacket.

 

He then followed them stealthily hiding within the large water containers as he watch the men approach the church. He grinned annoyingly as he reaches for his gun hidden behind his jacket.

 

The wooden two door of the church opened, roughly, creating a loud bang as the men went inside, rudely, and sat on the wooden prayer chairs resting the feet atop the others. The Priest came out from the back door of the church and greeted them, humbly. "What can I do to you, young ones?" He smiled as he approaches them. Just then Father Chun Yeol felt a powerful force smashing his back causing his visions to blur and cry in pain as he falls, knee first, to the floor.

 

"We heard you had a visitor earlier. Someone who is wanted by the EAIA. Do you know who?" the Black Jack's leader said. Father Chun Yeol didn't answer for he was in extreme pain. It didn't bother the leader though. "Dong Youngbae. Ring a bell?" He asked. Father Chun Yeol looked up to him. "Why is he on the wanted list!?" He asked clearly surprised.  "Cause we said so. The EAIA troops are coming here now for inspection and we have him listed on their wanted list. Too bad for him to come back here. Now tell us where he went and everything will be easily negotiated." He said. "I-I don't know... He left a while a go... He might be far away now." Father Chun Yeol answered. "You're lying, ing old man!!!" One of them smashed his feet to the priest's back causing him to fall flat to the ground.

 

Youngbae cursed, he was about to come out when a large group of armored military trucks and carriers appeared from outside the town. He was surprised that he hid again from the large containers. An officer stepped down from one of the military vehicles. A well uniformed man with an intimidating cold expression hurrying towards the church; The Blackjacks stiffened and greeted the officer humbly. "Is he the priest?" The Chinese officer asked. The Korean low ranked officer translated his words and the Blackjacks nodded. "Yes yes!!!" They said. "What did they say?" The Officer asked. "He left a while ago and he didn't know where he is now." They answered.

 

"Is that so...? Search the church then." The Officer ordered. Not wasting time, the soldiers split out and searched the whole premises. Not long came before they all heard cries from children as from inside the church's back door, the soldiers came out dragging and carrying the children, forcefully. The last one came out dragging Ji Eun by her hair as the girl cries in pain. They all saw the priest and ran to them. "Father!!!" They all cried alerting the priest as he catches them to his arms and protectively embracing them. Ji Eun hugged them as well assuring that everything will be fine. "Everything will be alright children just stay with us and big sister Ji Eun." The children were sobbing in fear as they hide their heads to the priest's black robe some to Ji Eun's shirt. Father Chun Yeol looked at the soldiers whom wore mocking smirks. "Please let the children go. Take me instead but don't hurt the children." He begged.

 

The EAIA troops pushed the priest down as the other one pulled his hand gun from its holster and aimed it to the priest's head. The priest was nervous and praying whilst hugging the children. Ji Eun protested but she was dragged away as another rifle was aimed to her. "Please!! We didn't do anything to you!!!" The girl pleaded. The soldiers laughed at her state, closing in on her and caressing her fair face. They mumbled in their language noticing how pretty the young girl is and will be a waste if they wouldn't do it with her.

 

The bandits were surprised. Never did it occur to their minds to kill anyone from the town. They only want to take their moneys and scare the villagers but to kill them...

 

"Are they all?" The officer asked the soldiers. "Yes, Sir." They answered. "H-hey can we negotiate on this? I-I don't think it's right for you to just kill him?" One of them said but was interrupted by the other soldiers. "Silence!! You ing worms stay on your dirty grounds!!!" They cursed in undecipherable language. The soldiers aimed their guns towards the bandits who just kneeled down in fear pleading for their lives. The Officer looked at the children and the priest then towards the bandits. He smirked then turned to his subordinates

 

Then a group of loud bangs emanated from the dead air of silence. Youngbae was alerted at the sound of the gun fires. His worries began to accumulate. His hand clenching to a hard fist. "I must get inside!!" He said as he tries his best to sneak into the church.

 

[-To Be Continued-]

 

a/n:

Ok... so here is the update for C!GU :) WUA? is next ^^ by the way guys~!!! :(( I really need your insights in this story so I can further enhance my writing skills. Thanks and please upvote this story if you liked it so far thank you very much!!! ^^