Stupid For You :: ten

Stupid For You

 

Double update.  CHAPTER 9 and 10.  Please read my rant on the end of chappie ten. XD



 

 

 

CHAPTER 10

 

“Uhm... You see… I’m a daughter of an influential mafia boss in Korea.” She uttered quietly while looking at her friend’s eyes. For the second time, uneasiness swept through her.  She knew the rules, though. Mafia was a secret criminal organization and it was bounded by a code of omerta. Each family was required to be silent about every Mafia activities and other things about the organization. It required strict secrecy for the sake of their safety.

 

“Maf—HAHAHAHAHAHAHA You almost got me there, princess.” Baekhyun laughed out loud. The girl flinched. That was certainly not the reaction she was expecting from her friend. Pissed, Jiyeon whacked him in the head.

 

“YAH! I’M SERIOUS YOU MORON!” She yelled at him and continued whacking him in the head. Baekhyun was definitely an idiot, she concluded.

 

“Wait! Ouch! Yah!” Baekhyun quickly held her hands as she was about to hit him, “So you’re telling me you’re a Mafia princess? Seriously? Damn.” He was shocked.

 

“Enough with the princess, Baekhyun! Aish~ I thought this confession would involve a lot of drama and crying! Tch, I should have known better. So? Any comments?” A smile was starting to appear on Jiyeon’s face. She should have trusted Baekhyun her secret from the beginning. Her best friend was not judgmental like most people and aside from that, he was weird and small things really amazed him. She couldn’t stop it and she giggled at Baekhyun’s flabbergasted expression.

 

After some time, Baekhyun finally recovered from the shock. He held Jiyeon’s shoulder, “That. Is. Awesome. Do you hold guns too? Do you have one right now?!” He said with enthusiasm. See? Idiot.

 

After crumpling his face with her hands, she uttered, “No I don’t, you moron, but I can shoot. First of all, I’m not exactly into that mafia thing you know. My dad is the one handling all of the uhh… operations. He doesn’t want me to get involve. My life was always in danger but I’m equipped. I mean… I know self-defense. Dad made sure that I can defend myself in times of trouble. Yah! Aren’t you even gonna say something… well… aside from your stupid comments.”

 

Jiyeon knew that she should kept mum about her identity. Not wanting to keep secrets from her best friend, she forced herself to tell him the truth. Well, in Exo’s case, they found out by themselves without Jiyeon revealing to them. Much to her relief, they still accepted her and promised to keep it a secret from everyone including Kai.

 

Being involved with a Mafia meant danger but as long as she just disclosed that little info and nothing else then, it would be alright. Moreover, only her most trusted people in Seoul knew about it. Aside from that, the place she grew up was her ‘family’s territory’. Because of this, safety was not an issue even if almost all people there were aware of who they really were.

 

 “Why didn’t you tell me? Don’t you trust me?” Baekhyun suddenly asked, his stare lingering on her.

 

Unable to look at him in the eyes, Jiyeon bowed her head guiltily. “I told you I was scared. We were kids back then. I thought you would have the same reaction like the others and you’ll eventually avoid me. I was surprised you didn’t even know my family background. You’re the first one who befriended me and I didn’t want to lose you. Sorry Baekhyun… Sorry for hiding this from you.”

 

Baekhyun held jer chin and made her look at him, “Hey, it’s fine. I understand. Don’t worry Jiyeon, I’m not judging you and of course, I won’t leave you just because of that. Trust me.”

 

They smiled at each other. At that moment, Jiyeon felt lucky to have a friend like Baekhyun. It reminded her of the Exo boys. Somehow, they found it awesome to have a mafia family too. Tch, they really were a bunch of weirdoes – weirdoes who gladly accepted her. Well, except for Kai who still didn’t have a clue about who she really was.

 

“Thank you Hyunnie… I’m glad you’re my best friend.” The girl gave him a sincere smile, causing his stomach to react weirdly.

 

Best friend. Hearing those words from her lips, Baekhyun felt a slight sting. He didn’t know why he didn’t like those words coming from Jiyeon. ‘Damn. What the hell is happening?’ he thought to himself.

 

He shook away the thoughts and focused on Jiyeon, “You know me, I love action and besides, I’m in a gang now so I—“

 

“WHATTTTT?! A GANG?!!!” Jiyeon cut him and hollered.

 

“Err… Your reaction is worse than mine. But yeah, I’m in gang.” Baekhyun chuckled when the girl paled from his revelation. ‘Is being involve in a gang much worse than a mafia?, he thought.

 

With furrowed brows, she continued asking him questions. “WHAT? HOW? WHY? SINCE WHEN? Baekhyun, what happened after your family moved out?” Her voice softened at the last sentence. Yes, her friend loved action but he wouldn’t get involve to something dangerous without a reason. As far as she knew, gangs were not a good thing – with all that gang wars and stuff. Her family is a Mafia so she had knowledge about other dangerous clans, organizations or groups.

 

“I think it’s my turn on the storytelling, right?” He asked and the girl just nodded, concern was plastered on her face. Upon noticing it, Baekhyun smiled. Jiyeon was still the girl whose concern and care from him was unconditional. He continued, “We moved to Busan due to some business matters. That’s what my father said apparently. It wasn’t really about business. Our family had been in debt to some loan sharks. Dad moved us there to hide from them. My mother was getting paranoid as days passed by. She didn’t know it too. We had to be careful every day in fear of getting found out. My dad didn’t know what else to do but hide. Eventually, they did found us.”

 

Jiyeon gasped and covered his mouth. The shift on expression of Baekhyun’s face was evident and it made her tremble. He looked somber and the emptiness in his eyes was more visible.

 

“They shot my parents. I was hiding that time. My mother survived but my dad did not. Somebody who heard the gunshot reported it to the police and yeah, the cops caught them but some still escaped. Tch, I was a freaking coward.  I wasn’t able to do anything but to watch my dad held his last breath. I decided to enter a gang. I needed to be strong for my parents. Being in a gang gives your brothers who will help you anytime. We fight others for territory and authority. In that sense, I felt strong and can protect my family from anything. My mother was the only one I have left.”

 

A tear dropped from Jiyeon’s eyes and Baekhyun reached out to wipe it. He didn’t want her to be sad. More teardrops fell from her and the next thing he knew, Jiyeon was crying on his shoulders while hugging him.

 

“You have me too Baekhyun. I’m so sorry about your Dad. I didn’t know. Everything will be alright. You’re not a coward. You’re strong and I know your Dad’s very much proud of you.” Jiyeon was still crying and continued muttering comforting words to her friend. With a gentle smile on his face, Baekhyun hugged her back tightly. He nuzzled his head on her neck. Being with her made him feel warmth, comfort and belongingness.

 

The two spent the entire afternoon with each other. They felt as if something heavy was lifted off from their shoulders. It felt nice to have someone who you could confide things and would not judge you.

 

 “By the way, my gang is called Exo. We’re pretty much popular in Busan. We can beat three gangs on a fight. Dayuum. We’re awesome!” Baekhyun smirked to himself, feeling proud all of a sudden.

 

Still marked with tears on her face, Jiyeon slapped his arm, “Yah! You fight?! And what’s with that smug face?”

 

“Aish~ we were not bad. We don’t fight other gangs just because we wanted to. We are not jerks. Most of the gangs in Busan are vicious and hungry for authority. We just teach them a lesson when they get… out of place.” He explained.

 

“Ehh… wait. Your gang is called Exo?” Jiyeon asked, suddenly realizing something.

 

“Yep, why? It’s cool, right? Kris hyung came up with that. He’s our leader.” Baekhyun grinned.

 

“Funny ‘coz the Kingkas in our school are called Exo too.” She gave an amused smile but upon hearing it from her, Baekhyun started to frown.

 

“WHAT? Some group has that name too?!!! They copied ours!  Maybe they heard our name from somewhere and copied it, thinking it’s cool! Tch, I hate them already.” Baekhyun grumbled and crossed his arms. He was pissed, alright.

 

Laughing, she just shrugged, “Copy? Who knows?”

 

Jiyeon looked at her watch and gasped. She just noticed that it was already dark. The Han River glistened due to the moonlight and the cold night breeze continued to brush gently against them. Few couples were left hanging out that night.

 

“Crap, it’s already past seven! I need to go home!” She immediately checked her phone. She forgot it was on silent mode. 3 missed calls from Mrs. Lee, 3 from Sehun, 2 from Chanyeol and… 10 missed calls from Kai. Moreover, Kai pretty much bombarded her inbox.

 

Her guardian, Mrs. Lee, must be worried now. She was staying at her Dad’s friend now. She just hoped that Mrs. Lee didn’t report it to her Dad that she was missing. He would flip for sure and would immediately get a search team for her.

 

“Kai… That brat!” She grumbled. She quickly sent a text to her guardian that she’s on her way. Still grumbling, she ignored the messages from Kai and put her phone at her pocket. Jiyeon turned to Baekhyun, “Hey, I really need to go home now. My place is near here so I’ll just walk. See you tomorrow.” She stood up.

 

“Oh, alright. I’ll walk you to your house then. It isn’t safe for a girl to wander alone.” Baekhyun stood up too and dusted his pants.

 

“I think I pretty much made it clear to you earlier that I can defend myself.” Jiyeon chuckled slightly, “but okay. Thanks.”

 

The way back to Jiyeon’s house was a10-minute walk. They both continued chatting on the way, as if their conversations earlier were still not enough. Obviously, a lot had happened over those years they were apart.

 

Bit by bit, Jiyeon’s revelation started sinking down. As far as Baekhyun knows, Mafia was something dangerous. He started getting worried for the girl beside him. How did she grow up in that kind of family? Surely, danger was always lurking behind her back ever since she was a child.

 

Concerned, Baekhyun asked while grabbing hold of her arms to stop her from taking another step. “Aren’t you more in danger here? Without someone guarding you?”

 

“Hmmm… I guess but Dad made sure of my safety when I transferred here. He made all arrangements needed to ensure my safety and he said I don’t need to worry. I also have a bodyguard at my guardian’s place.” Jiyeon smiled, hooking her arms to his and they continued walking. It was already dark and the entire neighborhood was peaceful and quiet.

 

“What? Your bodyguard is at your house? Isn’t he supposed to be following you? What if you get in trouble suddenly and he is not around?” Baekhyun asked in disbelief and continued ranting. Frown lines started to appear on his face. Damn, he was freaking worried.

 

Amused by his reaction, Jiyeon chuckled and patted Baekhyun’s back as if to comfort him. “Don’t worry. I’m safe and I can shoot, remember?” She joked and laughed some more when her best friend suddenly tensed.

 

Guns. Baekhyun shuddered as horrible thoughts flooded his mind. Dammit. Jiyeon was a freaking daughter of a Mafia boss. This sweet girl beside her? He couldn’t believe it alright. Grunting, he combed his hair with his fingers exasperatedly. It was not helping that Jiyeon was treating the entire situation as if it was not that bad. NOT THAT BAD?! Who was she kidding?! They were dealing with men armed with guns who could kill people in a blink of an eye.

 

“Argh. But you’re still a girl, Park Jiyeon! You still need protection! Dammit, you’re too stubborn.” He hissed and walked faster.

 

Still amused, she quickly caught up to him. “Chill dude! Aww… my best friend is concerned. Aren’t you a sweetie?” She teased and continued, “Don’t worry. In case you don’t know, I’m tougher than Lara Croft.”

 

“Yeah. Whatever. I can’t seem to grasp the idea that you’re… badass.” Frowning, Baekhyun mumbled. Determined, he would protect her in any way he could. He would make sure nothing bad would happen to Jiyeon under his care.

 

“Badass?” Jiyeon rubbed his chin as if deeply thinking, “I like that.”

 

“Conceited.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and smirked.

 

“Meanie.” Jiyeon playfully stuck her tongue out at him while Baekhyun messed her hair.

 

Still teasing and playfully hitting each other, both of them didn’t notice that they finally arrived at Jiyeon’s place… And standing at the gate, three bonkers who were stupidly waiting for the girl ever since school ends are gaping at them… AND a certain someone did not definitely like what he was seeing at that moment.

 

“E-E-EHEM! EHEMMM! E-EHEMMMM!!!!” Glaring at them, the suspect started his fake coughing extravaganza to catch the attention of the two who were still busy with each other. Finally, Jiyeon and Baekhyun stopped from what they were doing and both turned to look at him with confused expressions.

 

 

“Uhm… I think someone’s having pneumonia.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




 

AUTHOR’s NOTE/RANT:

Hello you… *sheepishly waves* PLEASE DON’T THROW POTATOES AT ME! T-T I can explain!  I’m sorry for taking tooooooooooooo long to update. It’s hard for me to write w/o inspiration and I’m not exactly an imaginative author or neither a professional one. I got a writer’s block and I didn’t know how to continue this. I lost my plot that I wrote and worse, I got no net connection at home.  SORRY! TT^TT

You see, the mafia thing is quite complicated. I hope some questions are answered in this chapter. It’s time to focus on that part. LOL Some here infos on Mafias are just fictional while some are the truth like the omerta. I wanted this to be light romance so maybe I’ll lie low on Mafias. Just maybe. Kekekeke~ tell me your opinion.

By the way, are you on TEAM KAI OR TEAM BAEKHYUN???? O.0 MEHEHEHE.

Anyways, thank you for those who are still subscribed and for all the comments! Don’t worry I’ll try to update as soon as I can. Please bear with me! I LOVE YOU ALL~! XD

{ TWEET ME: @_kumocho || Upvote if you like the update  ^^ }

Watch out for the NEXT UPDATE:

Kai finally meets Baekhyun. Bad, worse, worst? ;)