Walk into the sun and watch me run into the rain

Broken Inside

 

a/n: First of all I’m sorry for not updating this, I was preoccupied by deadlines and other fanfics that needed updates. but after replaying the song for countless times, I am finally here with an update.

 

---

 

He dialled Jongwoon's number but no one was answering, he changed his number. Ryeowook turned to the only person who can help him, Kyuhyun.

 

"Kyuhyun, find him. Please find him."

 

Ryeowook pleaded, tears falling endless. Kyuhyun summoned Donghyun and asked him to find Jongwoon. The butler nodded and bowed before leaving. Kyuhyun held Ryeowook tighter.

 

"Don't worry ryeonggu, we will find Jongwoon hyung."

 

Kyuhyun muttered as he hugged the older. Ryeowook was weeping despite the embrace.

 

"I hurt him Kyu, I'm such a bad person."

 

Ryeowook muttered in between sobs and Kyuhyun hugged him tighter.

 

"Don't say that."

 

Kyuhyun hushed his lover and hummed a song until Ryeowook fell asleep in Kyuhyun's embrace.

Donghyun used Cho's connection to track down Jongwoon's whereabouts. It took him three weeks as Jongwoon managed to evade Cho's power with the help of Henry, He didn't graduate top of the class for nothing. But Donghyun persevered and found him at last. Donghyun stepped into a cozy shop and was greeted by a kind woman. She smiled as Donghyun bowed.

 

"How may I help you?"

 

The woman asked and Donghyun asked for Jongwoon. The woman smiled and led him upstairs amd told him to wait for his son. A few minutes later Jongjin came and placed two cups of coffee before Donghyun and told him that his brother will be coming in a short while. Donghyun nodded and Jongjin bowed before leaving him. Jongwoon came after a short while and took a seat in front of Donghyun. Donghyun stood and bowed to acknowledge him.

 

"I did what your boss wanted me to do so why are you here?"

Jongwoon said coldly and Donghyun heavily sighed before responding.

 

"Young master Ryeowook wants to talk to you."

 

Jongwoon's face remained unchanged but Donghyun can see the hurt in his eyes.

 

"For what?! To invite me to their wedding?"

 

Jongwoon asked and Donghyun sighed again.

 

"Young master Ryeowook wouldn't want to get married until he cleared things with you. He has been feeling guilty ever since you two broke up."

 

Donghyun explained and Jongwoon sighed.

 

"So I'm considered the antagonist now?  Tell Ryeowook that I am perfectly fine and he doesn't need to worry. Tell him that I am moving on and that he should do the same. I'll be glad to attend their wedding anytime."

 

Jongwoon ended their conversation and stood up.

 

"Shall I tell him this place?"

 

Donghyun asked and Jongwoon responded without looking back.

 

"Up to you, I am not your boss. Enjoy the coffee, it's our house specialty."

 

Jongwoon left him and Donghyun stared at the cup then took a sip. Donghyun tasted how bitter the drink was but hidden at the very last tone, was this hint of sweetness. This, he figured, was Jongwoon's feelings. He realized how much Jongwoon loved Ryeowook and how good his soul was to let go of his only love for the sake of other's happiness. Donghyun finished the cup and left the cafe.

 

"For you young sir, have a safe trip home."

 

Mrs. Kim had handed Donghyun a paper bag filled with their specialty cakes and Donghyun thanked her for her kindness. Donghyun then left with a sigh. He was confused on what is the right thing to do but decided that whatever it is, someone's going to end up hurt. Donghyun then stopped at a grocery and bought some plastic containers. He then placed the cakes on the containers and threw the original packaging. He then drove to the Cho mansion. Donghyun then entered the mansion and bowed at the young master seated at the couch.

 

"Young master Kyuhyun."

 

Donghyun started and the sleeping Ryeowook beside Kyuhyun stirred before waking up.

 

"Donghyun? Did you find Jongwoon hyung?"

 

Ryeowook asked tiredly and Donghyun nodded. Ryeowook became excited.

 

"Where is he? Tell me Donghyun."

 

Ryeowook begged but Donghyun shook his head.

 

"It's better that you don't see him just yet, young master Ryeowook."

 

Donghyun muttered and Ryeowook burst into tears. Kyuhyun was pissed.

 

"He hates me!"

 

Ryeowook managed to mutter amidst the suffocating tears and sobs. Kyuhyun held him tighter and hushed him.

 

"Jongwoon-ssi is trying to move on and he wishes that you do the same. He wants you to remember his smile and not the pain that you caused him. Jongwoon-ssi is a great guy and when the wounds have healed, he'll be talking to you, like a friend that he is. And for the record young masters, he would want to see you both live a happy life and see you both tie the knot."

 

Donghyun then placed the bag of cakes on the center table and stood.

 

"From Mrs. Kim."

 

Donghyun muttered before bowing and leaving the two alone. Ryeowook cried even more and Kyuhyun held him tighter and hummed a song. Ryeowook cried himself to sleep and when Kyuhyun was sure that he was asleep, he went to talk to Donghyun.

 

"Donghyun, where's Jongwoon hyung?"

 

Kyuhyun asked with a stern face. Donghyun bowed and replied.

 

"I'm sorry young master but I cannot tell you."

 

Kyuhyun's patience run dry as he slapped Donghyun with so much force but the butler took it without any hard feelings.

 

"Tell me where he is damn it Donghyun!'

 

Kyuhyun yelled at him but the butler shook his head.

 

"I'm sorry young master, I will tell you in due time."

 

Donghyun muttered and this angered Kyuhyun more. Kyuhyun raised his hand to slap Donghyun again but the butler spoke.

 

"You should know that Jongwoon-ssi is the victim here."

 

Kyuhyun lowered his hand and balled it into a fist.

 

"If you still have the heart of a human, you should at least give him a chance to forget the pain that you two had caused him. I have my reasons why I am not revealing his whereabouts; I am doing this for your own sake. If you two barge in there and show yourselves, are you both ready to face Jongwoon-ssi and his family? Is Ryeowook ready to meet a torn mother? A betrayed brother? and a neglected lover?"

 

Donghyun paused to look at the master straight in his eyes.

 

"I don't think so. Give him time and he'll come to you. He doesn’t want to hurt Ryeowook but rather wants him to live a happy married life with you."

 

Donghyun finished and excused himself. Somehow the butler has a point and he sighed heavily. He then walked back to where Ryeowook was and brushed the hair out of his face and smiled bitterly.

"Ryeonggu, if we give him a little space, maybe it can help him mend his broken heart."

Kyuhyun muttered and let out a sigh. He wished that time would be their friend and make Jongwoon forget the pain the truth had caused.

Two more months passed and finally Jongwoon was ready to face the persons who had broken his heart and shattered him soul. He sent a message to Donghyun inviting both Ryeowook and Kyuhyun to Mouse Rabbit for his parent's wedding anniversary. Donghyun immediately told his young masters about the invitation. Both Ryeowook and Kyuhyun was happy and eager to attend the event.

"Kyuhyun, we must prepare something for them."

 

Ryeowook told Kyuhyun and the younger nodded as he grabbed his keys. They then left the house to buy presents for the Kim Family.

 

The day came and Ryeowook was nervous to enter the place. His palms were sweaty and his heart raced a hundred miles an hour. He bit his lip as he stare at the sign hanging outside the cafe then gulped. Kyuhyun noticed him and held his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. Ryeowook glanced at Kyuhyun and the latter gave him a smile.

 It's now or never.

 

Kyuhyun and Ryeowook finally took steps towards the cafe and knocked on the door. A familiar face opened the door for them and gave them a smile.

 

"Ryeowook hyung, come in."

 

The two bowed and entered as Jongjin held the door open for them. Jongjin then noticed the butler with tons of gifts and Jongjin offered to help him place them inside. Donghun bowed gratefully. After the gifts were placed inside, Donghyun bowed and turned to leave but Mrs. Kim saw him and asked him to stay and celebrate with them.

 

Ryeowook was surprised seeing how the Kims accepted him like he had never broke their son's heart. Kyuhyun was accepted as well and he was grateful for their warm welcome. Jongwoon joined them after a while and gave both Kyuhyun and Ryeowook a warm smile.

 

The celebration started and Mr. and Mrs. Kim were both happy and grateful to the friends who had greeted them on their special day. After some time, Ryeowook mastered the courage to talk to Jongwoon. Jongwoon led him to one corner of the shop and offered him a seat.

 

"Hyung, I'm sorry"

 

Ryeowook uttered and Jongwoon smiled at him.

 

"And I thought you've already moved on."

 

Jongwoon muttered and Ryeowook's mouth gaped.

 

"Hyung."

 

Ryeowook muttered and Jongwoon's face looked stern.

 

"Ryeowook, you don't have to worry about me. You broke my heart, I must admit that it hurts more than any physical pain but then again, I loved you way too much to stay angry at you. You are not a bad person Wookie and I want you to remember that."

 

Hearing such sincere words from Jongwoon, Ryeowook's tears fell without warning. Ryeowook stood from his chair and launched himself to Jongwoon, hugging him tightly and sobbing while his he buried his face on Jongwoon's chest. Jongwoon smiled and patted the younger's head.

 

"Hyung, up until the end, you cared for me. I am very grateful that I knew and loved you. If fate hadn't been cruel, I want to spend my lifetime with you. If I could hyung, I would."

 

Ryeowook cried even more and Jongwoon smiled as he tightened his embrace on the younger.

 

"Smile for me Ryeowook, and I'll smile for you."

 

Jongwoon muttered and Ryeowook nodded. Ryeowook then let go and looked at Jongwoon with his smile, the sweetest he could master.

"Thank you hyung. Will you be our best man?"

 

Ryeowook nervously asked and Jongwoon nodded with a smile.

 

"Of course. For you my dear."

Jongwoon replied and Ryeowook hugged him again before bowing and returning to Kyuhyun to announce the good news. Jongwoon looked at the two and smiled, this time very bitterly. A person approached him and bowed at him.

 

"Thank you for giving young master Ryeowook closure."

 

Jongwoon looked at the butler and Donghyun saw the bitterness in his smile.

 

"I should let him be happy and walk into the light as I run to the rain and drown myself in the sadness of what fate has given me."

Jongwoon uttered as softly as he could and Donghyun bowed again.

"I applaud your courage and genuine love for Master Ryeowook."

Jongwoon smirked.

 

"Just make sure your Master Kyuhyun doesn't do things he'll regret doing."

 

Jongwoon muttered then stood to leave. Donghyun bowed gratefully and wished that life would be kinder to Jongwoon the second time around. Jongwoon then stepped outside the cafe and the skies were getting darker though the sunset was a few more hours to go.

 

Jongwoon took a walk and in the middle of his journey to nowhere, rain drops started falling in rhythm before drizzling in full blast. The first April rain had fallen on the day Jongwoon decided to completely let Ryeowook go. He smiled bitterly as he savoured the cold stimging on his skin. He closed is eyes and continued to hear the rhythmic drops then with all the energy he had, he ran as fast as he could and yelled on top of his lungs.

 

A/N: Crappy update but hey it's just something that i needed to write. Anyway Kyuwook wedding is up next so I hope you'll give me enough time to write it down for you guys. I'll try to make it very sweet for all KW shippers out there..

 

And to all who subscribed and commented, my utmost thanks to all of you.. hope to see you until the end of this story ^^