Chapter 2

Breaking Bonds, Forming Ties

 

Chapter 2

***

 

The couple entwined fingers as they kissed.

 

See you tomorrow?” Jisu asked.

 

Sorry, my appa wants me to work at the company tomorrow.” Suho replied.

 

Jisu's face saddened. Suho glided his hands across Jisu's hair, and pressed his forehead next to hers.

 

I can't see you tomorrow, because if I don't help appa, I'll never see you again,”Suho comforted.

 

A tear slid sown Jisu's cheek. “I know Oppa,”she sniffled. She kissed Suho on the cheek, and turned to leave. Suho spun her around and hugged her tightly.

 

I do love you, a lot,”Suho whispered.

 

And I will forever.

 

He faced her and wiped the tears from her face. He gave a small smile and pecked her lips. He took her by the hand and together they walked up towards Jisu's officetel.

 

At the door, Jisu opened it slightly, before turning to Suho. “Don't work too late Oppa.” she said quietly. Jisu waved goodbye and disappeared behind the door. As the door closed, Suho glimpsed inside, and saw Chaerim reading a book, tucking her long hair behind her ear.

 

I guess her roommate likes to read.

 

Suho turned around and walked onto the streets. He hailed a taxi and got in.

 

Kim & Group Company building please,” Suho mumbled to the driver.

 

Jisu walked towards her room, with heels in hand. She rubbed her feet and laid on the bed. Tears silently fell as she curled into a ball.

 

Suho, why do you have such a harsh life?

 

Chaerim entered Jisu's room and sat at the edge of her bed. Chaerim smoothed her hair, and whispered, “It's okay. Suho will be alright.” Jisu cried harder and bit her lip.

 

Suho you better be careful, for Jisu.

 

Suho hopped out of the cab, and stopped in front of a large skyscraper like building. He sighed as the doors revolved continuously. He walked through them and headed towards the elevators. He pressed the 'Penthouse' button and waited.

 

Ding

 

Suho stood in front two large oak doors and knocked. “Come in,” a gruff voice said. Suho sighed and grabbed both door handles pushing them open.

 

Yes?” the voice continued from behind an executive chair.

 

I'm here, appa”.

 

The chair swiveled, and in it was an old man. He had slit eyes, and a permanent scowl. His eyebrows furrowed and he let out a grunt. He stood up and walked in front of his desk. He grabbed a yardstick off of the desk and pointed to a spot in front of him.

 

Come here.”

 

Suho walked towards him and knelt.

 

What are the 3 company rules,” the old man asked.

 

The company comes first.”

 

The old man nodded.

 

We will not do anything to defile the company.”

 

And?”

 

You could go yourself.

 

The heir will not maintain a relationship other than his fiancé.”

 

Suho grimaced when he said this.

 

Some sources told me that they saw you with another woman.”

 

Suho didn't reply so the old man continued.

 

You are the heir. You know the rules. Break it up at once.”

 

No.”

 

Suho felt a tear fall on the ground. He couldn't lose Jisu. She was the only thing that made him feel happy. That and EXO-K.

 

You will.” the old man said firmly.

 

No.”

 

The old man's face contorted and he lifted the yardstick and hit Suho across his back. The yardstick snapped and Suho keeled over. His tears fell faster and he wished for his mother, his real father, Jisu, EXO-K...

 

The old man threw what was left of the stick on Suho's back.

 

Break up, or I'll have Director No break up for you.”

 

The man left and slammed the door. Suho laid there, and curled into a ball. What felt like hours later, the door creaked open. A girl with short hair walked open and rushed towards Suho.

 

Gwenchana?”

 

He nodded.

 

Thank goodness you are here Joon Hee noona.

 

I'm so sorry. Appa found out, and I was gonna call you but my phone died and-”

 

It's fine”

 

Suho winced as he sat up and Joon Hee grabbed ice. She lifted his shirt and saw multiple blue and purple bruises. She gently placed ice on the red area and looked around for heat pads.

 

I'm sorry, I should of protected my dongsaeng.