Chapter 5

Breaking Bonds, Forming Ties

 

Chapter 5

***

Jisu looked away as the girl approached, and she inched towards Chaerim. The girl grabbed Suho's arm and held on tightly.

 

OPPA~,” she called out directly in Suho's ear.

 

He leaned his head away from her loud voice and growled, “What do you want?” She scoffed and pointed her slim fingers at Suho.

 

You, of course, silly.”

 

She smiled cutely and gripped his arm even tighter. Jisu huffed with annoyance and whispered to Chaerim through gritted teeth, “Isn't that your crazy step sister?” Chaerim slowly nodded.

 

Oppa, you got some stuff on your nose~”

 

The girl touched Suho's nose delicately and giggled. Jisu rolled her eyes and walked over to the tree the girl was standing under.

 

The girl talked about the new clothes she bought and asked Suho once or twice whether he would like to go to her house. Then a white object whizzed past Chaerim and hit the girl square in the back of the head.

 

It was a snowball and the girl squealed, well, like a little girl. Her hands shook with anger and she yelled out, “My hair is RUINED! AAAHHHH.” She frantically tried to fix her hair, which already was damp with the snow. Chaerim, being a good step sister, ran to her aid, despite her indifference towards her.

 

Eunmi, are you okay?”

 

Jisu returned with a look of satisfaction. Chaerim stifled a laugh when she picked Eunmi up. Suho started having a coughing fit, trying to hide his smile.

 

Eeek, my hair! Let go of me!” Eunmi screamed when her bun let a few stands of hair loose. She stomped away and broke a heel as she continued to stomp. Suho grabbed Jisu by the waist and kissed her on the cheek.

 

Thanks for helping me out.”

 

She smiled and walked towards the concrete side walk, grabbing Chaerim with her. Suho followed shortly after. They parted ways after a small walk around the park, Chaerim going to the library, and the couple went to Jisu's officetel.

 

Jisu opened the door with her key card, and it beeped. They slowly defrosted when the warmth enveloped them, and both of them sighed with contentment. Jisu walked towards the kitchen, and Suho followed her suit. She prepared some hot cocoa powdered mix and heated a large pot of milk. She looked into the refrigerator to look for something to eat. Suho sneaked behind her, and lightly poked both sides of Jisu's waist. She stood erect with fright and relaxed when she saw Suho.

 

What's up with your 'girlfriend',” Jisu said quietly.

 

My girlfriend?”

 

Jisu nodded and replied, “The huggy, girly girl in the park. Eunmi.” Jisu's face darkened when she mentioned Eunmi's name. Suho back-hugged her tightly and whispered in her ear, “Some stalker chick who wants my inheritance and me. And I have no interest in anyone but you.”

 

Jisu turned around and frowned. She gave a why-didn't-you-tell-me-this-earlier look. She turned around to look for more snacks. “Well the crazy stalker chick is also Chaerim's step sister,” she added.

 

For a moment, Suho looked stunned. His face softened into a look of confusion, and Jisu noticed this. She grabbed some pepero out of a cabinet, and pulled Suho after her. They went down a hallway, and into a simple white room, with some scattered plushies and posters along the wall. There was a large king-sized bed and Jisu sat on it, patting the spot next to her. Suho sat where her hand once was, and looked at her with curiosity.

 

Chaerim's parents are part of a large shipping company. I can't remember the name, but I know it is a really big company. They also are both part of the school committee. That means if Chaerim complains about a single teacher, their fired.”

 

Jisu paused to let Suho take it in. He nodded. She offered him some of the pepero, as she was busy munching on her own. He took one and quietly ate it.

 

So that's why gyohsoonim was being nice to Chaerim, and didn't even throw chalk at her.

 

Last year,” Jisu continued, “her parents got in a big fight. I think her abeoji cheated with some lady, so they got a divorce. One month after their parting, her abeoji married the lady he was cheating with. And that's how Chaerim is step sisters with Eunmi. Her eomeoni is in Brazil or something.”

 

Suho nodded again. Jisu hit him on his back.

 

Yah! Were you just nodding each time I stopped talking?!! You pabo!”

 

Jisu kept beating his back, but lightly. She closed her eyes cutely and tried to avoid where Suho had been hit before. Suho smirked and grabbed both her wrists and Jisu opened her eyes. They both gazed into each other's eyes for a while before Suho gently pushed Jisu back against the bed. He leaned over Jisu, progressing slowly towards her face. Jisu's doe eyes widened as he grew closer and closer. She tightened and waited for him to kiss her, or something else.

 

She was 'saved' when she heard the pot in the kitchen boiling over. “OMO!” she said. She pushed off Suho, before he could do anything, and jumped up to the kitchen. Suho softly landed on the bed and sat up. He chuckled and mussed his hair. He also ate the one pepero stick he had behind him.

 

Innocent Jisu...

 

The entrance door opened and lightly clicked when it closed. Chaerim unraveled the scarf around her neck and placed it on one of the kitchen stools. She walked into a room, hoping to change out of her clothes and found Suho. She gasped and coughed afterward.

 

Umm, do you mind getting out of my room?”

 

Suho's eyes widened.

 

That was her room?

 

She stepped aside and let Suho pass through. He navigated towards the kitchen and tapped on Jisu's shoulder.

 

What were we doing in your roomie's room?” Suho questioned.

 

That's my room too.”

 

Suho mentally face palmed himself. And yet he had thought about doing 'it' in that room...