Chapter 8

Breaking Bonds, Forming Ties

 

{A/N: Apologies... I have been deprived of access to my computer...}

 

Chapter 8

***

Suho opened his eyes and felt a splitting headache as he sat up.He looked around and saw EXO-K sprawled across the floor around him. Suho saw that he was on a couch, and that he was in Jisu and Chaerim's officetel. He rubbed his sore head and got off the couch.

 

Jisu and Chaerim were having a discussion in the kitchen when he walked in. Lined up on the counter were 6 glasses of waters and 6 aspirins adjacent to each cup. Suho pointed at one, and Jisu nodded. He popped the pill in his mouth and greedily gulped down the water, hydrating his parched throat.

 

Your phone has been ringing all morning... It's your abeoji,” Jisu mumbled, grimacing.

 

Suho grabbed his phone and walked out of the kitchen. He went to a nearby window, and flung it as hard as he could. It smashed, and as if on cue, a car drove over the cell phone. Suho dusted his hands and poured himself another glass of water as he entered the kitchen.

 

Jisu and Chaerim stared at him with amusement and worry etched onto their faces. Chaerim to a long sip of her tea.

 

Well, that was awkward.

 

Let's wake up the lazy bums on your floor and get to school,” Suho said finally breaking the silence. He walked over the Chanyeol, the slumbering giant, and picked up his smelly puke-covered collar. “OY! HAPPY VIRUS! WAKE UP~” Suho lightly slapped each of Chanyeol's cheeks. He snored on... Suho sighed.

 

I guess I have to.

 

Oh no! Chanyeol, Kai stole your toothbrush and is using it to scrub the toilet!”

 

The giant awoke like Sleeping Beauty from a kiss with Prince Charming. He immediately stood up, and grasped his head in pain. After recollecting his senses, he charge towards the bathroom, with both of his long arms stretched out like a zombie back to life. There was a thud as the tall giant collided with the bathroom door. A swift click and bang meant he had opened the door. It followed with a horrible retching sound, which Chaerim rushed towards, with a towel, water and aspirin.

 

I *gasp* have to get *gasp* to Kai,” Chanyeol finally said.

 

It's okay,” Chaerim cooed, patting his back, “Suho was only trying to get you to wake up. Kai is still asleep.”

 

Oh. Good.”

 

He collapsed, falling asleep on the toilet seat. “Aish, Chanyeol, that's insanitary. Get up,” Chaerim groaned as she tried to lift him away from the seat.

 

Meanwhile, in the other room...

 

Kai get up. I have your head phones.”

 

DON'T TOUCH THEM YOU BASTARD! Oh hey Suho.” Kai yelled as he sprang back to life, much quicker than Chanyeol. D.O. got up on his own, and made his way to the bathroom, only to find it preoccupied. Baekhyun made whimpering noises. Sehun was curled up, gripping his phone. Suho sighed.

 

Goodness, this will take a while.

 

An hour late to school, the 8 students finally made their way into their Biology class.

 

What are you doing, you should of- Oh! Ms. Beom!” gyohsoonim said.

 

Sorry gyohsoonim, but it was my fault they were late,” Chaerim apologized.

 

Oh, that's completely fine. Just tell your friends to sit down. We're dissecting a cow's eye. I was going over the parts of the eye. Get the supplies up here and go to your seats,” came the reply.

 

They grabbed their supplies and sat down in the front.

 

Try to remove the the cornea first. If you have trouble, ask your table group for help.”

 

Kai stuck his tongue out as he tried to remove the film amongst the eye. Sehun used his phone texting someone. Suho required the aid of Jisu. D.O. expertly used the scalpel and peeled the cornea off with ease. Baekhyun was referencing towards the info sheet, and saw Chanyeol, furrowing his brows. Chanyeol tried really hard to concentrate, but his mind was on his headache, and this morning. He glanced at Chaerim as she slid a section of hair behind her ear with an ungloved hand.

 

Waaahhh~ So pretty...

 

Now, if you aren't done, continue, but I'm moving on. On the worksheet, write about the texture of the cornea, 5 facts we talked about last class. Then cut into the eye, and try to identify the retina. Cut away. Oh, don't try to squirt the 'juice' inside the eye. Minus 10 points if you do.”

 

Chanyeol carefully watched Chaerim as she skillfully cut the eye open, and swipe up the preservatives that gushed out.

 

Alright, I've decided. I'm gonna do it.

 

Chanyeol braced himself. “Chaerim? Are you busy this weekend?”

 

No, why?” Chaerim asked as she took notes about the lens.

 

Well,” Chanyeol said nervously,“Would you like to go on a date with me?”

 

Sehun dropped his scalpel and it clattered against the table-top. Kai stabbed the eyeball, causing the preservative hit him square in the face. D.O.'s eyes expanded to maximum size.

 

Jongin! Minus 10 points!”gyohsoonim yelled.

 

Jisu glanced at Chaerim, sending telepathic messages to her.

 

'Chaerim, what's your response?'

 

Chaerim shrugged.

 

'He's a good guy. Go for it.'

 

Chaerim nodded. “Ok, Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol fist pumped the air as Kai begrudgingly wiped himself clean.

 

I INTERJECT!” Kai yelled out.

 

Everyone in the room looked at him.