Breaking - The Abrupt End

Broken Beyond Repair

Chapter Four:Breaking - The Abrupt End


 

- Club 'Velvet Poison',Thursday,29th August,9 pm -

"Are you sure that we're at the right place?" Changmin asked once him,Kyuhyun and Hyun Joong - one of Jaejoong's former neighbors - stepped into the poorly illuminated building,not really being able to believe that someone like Jaejoong would fancy going into a club as he scrunched his nose in disgust at the flirtatious looks many women were throwing at them."And what did you tell the doormen to get us in?"

"Yes we are at the right place." Hyun Joong asured with a smile."And well let's say that I'm a rather valuable customer for them so they decided to make an exception for you guys this time to not lose me and the money I invest in my parties here every weekend."

The two best friends simply nodded in response,busy avoiding the many hands reaching out for them as they followed Hyun Joong towards the bar of the club in silence.They watched Hyun Joong calling one of the bartenders over and hushed words were exchanged.

A short nod and a quick glance towards the VIP area from the bartender later,Hyun Joong was leading the boys upstairs,the men guarding the area letting them through without any complaints.They walked along a long hallway and past many closed doors which didn't allow them to get even a brief glimpse at what the people in there were doing.

Not that they wanted to know.

The trio came to a halt infront of the very last door at the end of the hallway,guarded by two men completely dressed in black,their eyes covered with black shades that prevented other people from seeing to where their eyes were roaming.And although it was clear that these people wouldn't let just anyone step into the room,they immediately let Hyun Joong and the two teens in,causing Changmin's and Kyuhyun's steps to get more hesitant as they stared at the black curtains hanging in the small entrance area of the room,seeing some light flickering from behind the thin fabric.

Something about all this was off.

"Come in." Hyun Joong said as he turned around and saw that the two best friends have stopped right at the doorframe."There is someone who wants to talk to you."

But the two boys didn't budge and shivered a little when Hyun Joong was flashing them an icy smile,nothing reminding them of the guy from a few seconds ago anymore.Kyuhyun was about to turn around and leave when he noticed that Changmin was walking forward.

"Changmin-"

"I need to do this.You can go." Changmin said as he stood next to Hyun Joong,staring back at his friend with a look of determination.

"Like hell I will leave you alone." Kyuhyun replied and followed his friend into the room,gulping when the door was being closed behind them.

Hyun Joong just smiled before he shove the curtains aside,motioning for the boys to follow him.And when they did,Changmin was rather surprised to see a boy about their age sitting on the couch at the wall on the other side of the room,dressed in a black suit and a matching black button up.His eyes met Changmin's right away,not even sparing Kyuhyun a glance as he studied Changmin's handsome features.

"It's a pleasure to meet you,please have a seat." The boy on the couch said and nodded his head at the couch across from his,watching how Changmin and Kyuhyun moved to sit down slowly.

"Who are you?" Came the bold question from Changmin,annoyed when he saw the two men flanking the boy and Hyun Joong giving him an amused look as if he was some eager child that yearned to know more.

But the boy simply smiled at him,no trace of friendliness on the thin lips.Only distant icyness.

"I'm Kim Kibum...the younger brother of Kim Jaejoong and our family happens to own this club." Kibum replied and caused Changmin to nod in response while Kyuhyun was just watching the two of them interact.

"What about him?" Changmin asked as he looked at Hyun Joong."He's not a normal neighbor of Jaejoong hyung I assume.His whole personality and attitude changed completely the moment we stepped into the VIP area,who is he really?"

Kibum didn't answer,he simply looked at Hyun Joong,motioning for him to go ahead and introduce himself.

"I'm one of Young Master Jaejoong's former personal bodyguards.Young Master Kibum wished to see you so I had to pretend to be one of Young Master Jaejoong's neighbor and kind of 'lured' you here." Hyun Joong explained and earned a look of confusion from the young teen in return.

'Young Master Jaejoong?Personal bodyguards?' Changmin wondered silently,the new information only managing to bring out more questions.

"You heard it right.He did call Jaejoong hyung 'Young Master' and he did tell you that he is Jaejoong hyung's former personal bodyguard." Kibum replied as if he knew what was going on inside Changmin's head,pausing only for a brief second."But I didn't let Hyun Joong bring you here to talk about Jaejoong hyung.You were searching for him to know more about your brother's and Moonbin's whereabouts,am I right?"

"You know where they are." Changmin uttered,it was no question but a simple statement of truth that had Kibum smiling a little,the thin line to a smirk not crossed yet.

"Yes,I do." Kibum stated.

"Tell me."

"You are in no position to make demands.You will listen to what I'm willing to tell you and accept that you won't get to hear more than that.Period." Came the flat reply from Kibum,his gaze darkened dangerously as he stared directly into Changmin's chocolate orbs."Moonbin is with his mother and he will never return back to your horrendous family.Accept it,there is nothing more you can do.Your brother will be released once he has received the full extent of the punishment for his past wrongdoings.Do not try to save him,you won't succeed."

And with that,Kibum rose from his seat,amused at the death glare he received from Changmin.He could tell that Changmin was beyond furious,but he couldn't care less.Changmin clenched his fists when he saw Kibum walking past him nonchalantly and quickly moved to get a hold of Kibum.

"Listen here,pretty boy!I-" Changmin's words got interrupted by soft clicking sounds echoing in the poorly illuminated room,accompanied by a soft gasp coming from Kyuhyun.

Changmin could practically feel his heart stopping to beat,his whole body freezing and trembling as he saw three guns being aimed directly at his head.And he knew that these men wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger if they had to.

Ever wondered how it felt like to be confronted by death?

Changmin now knew.

His breathing got irregular as he hoped and prayed that these weren't going to be the last beaths he would draw in his life.So many different things went through his mind,pictures of the most beloved persons flashing before his inner eyes and reminded him of what he could lose if he was to do the wrong thing right now.And yet,in midst of the many thoughts,Changmin managed to recognize the men threatening him for what they were.

Criminals.

Cruel,merciless,dangerous and deadly precise in everything they did.

And as he imagined what these people could do to his brother,Changmin felt a lump forming in his throat,salty liquid threatening to spill from his eyes.

"Remove your hand." Hyun Joong commanded in a low hush,growling a little as he registered no movement coming from the tall teen."Remove your hand."

And that he did,tearing his eyes away from the guns to look at Kibum,flinching at the expressionless gaze he received.

"Don't pull a stunt like that again.Our men normally don't repeat their orders before they take actions." And with a wave of his right hand,he motioned for the three men to remove their guns before making his way towards the door.

"Wait." Changmin willed himself to utter,not answering to Kyuhyun's question of whether he was alright."What will you do to Yunho hyung?You won't harm Moonbin,I know that much but what about my brother?"

But there came no answer from Kibum and Changmin grew more angry and desperate,the latter dominating painfully.

"Imagine you were in my position.Wouldn't you want to know what your brother has to go through?" The tall teen asked,his eyes moist as deep despair and fear drove the tears out of them.

There were long seconds of agonizing silence before Kibum finally turned around to face Changmin.

"We will not kill him,if that's what you are worried about." Kibum answered."But once we're done with him he'll wish we would.He will be released once we leave Korea in a few days."

With those words said,Kibum turned around and left with two men flanking him,ignoring the shocked gasps coming from Changmin and Kyuhyun while Hyun Joong prevented them from following him.

"What are you doing to him?" Was the last question Kibum heard from Changmin before he disappeared behind the curtain in the entrance area.

And although something about the sadness in Changmin's voice pulled at his heart,Kibum continued to walk,not wanting to feel sorry for anyone from the Jung family beside his own nephew.He knew that Changmin has been the only person who treated Jaejoong nicely and took care of him when Yunho left Jaejoong for the first time,but preventing his men to kill him just now was the only thing he could do to show his gratitude.

He wasn't going to ruin Junsu's plan to punish Yunho by telling Changmin too much although he understood Changmin's feelings all too well.

Jung Yunho's suffering couldn't end just yet.

Inside the room,Changmin was trying hard to go after Kibum and demand more answers from him,crying out several profanities at no one in particular as Hyun Joong had a tight grip on him.A shrill scream escaped his mouth when Hyun Joong turned him around and forced him onto the ground with a kick directed at the back of his knees,the teen's arms twisted behind his back painfully.

"I would advice for you to stop searching for your brother.It will be no use.Do not interfere with the plans of this family or you'll find yourself in your brother's position in no time."

"W-Who are they?" Kyuhyun managed to ask as one of the men who were standing infront of the room before was now holding onto him from behind,preventing him from helping his suffering friend.

"You haven't figured out yet?" Hyun Joong asked back,amused when he saw Kyuhyun giving him an irritated look.

"They are criminals,I've figured out that much.But who exactly are they?"

To that question,Hyun Joong merely smiled."Ask the ones sleeping with the fishes."*

Kyuhyun understood.And so did Changmin.

The mafia.They were dealing with the mafia.

A mere second after,him and Changmin were dragged out of the room,down the stairs to the first floor and past the several dancing people who were either too ignorant or too drunk to care about them before they were pushed out of the building unceremoniously,causing them to land onto the cold and hard pavement with a loud thud and a groan of pain.

"Are you okay?" Kyuhyun asked Changmin as he helped him to stand up,watching his best friend massaging his arms with a pained expression on his face.

He only received a short nod in return before they dragged themselves to Changmin's car.

"Let's go to the police,Changmin." Kyuhyun suggested once they were inside the vehicle,frowning when Changmin was shaking his head in return.

"We will not go to the police."

"God Changmin it's the mafia we're talking about here!I know that you don't want to get anyone else involved but you and I are only teenagers.We will not be able to handle everything on our own.These people could ing kill us and no one would be able to catch them."

"If you're scared,then stop tagging along and let me handle this alone!" Changmin shouted back and regretted his outburst the moment he saw the look of hurt and disapproval in his friend's eyes,causing him to sigh softly."Listen,Kyu...I know that you are worried but I will not get the police involved and make things worse for everyone.I want you to stay away from all the mess from now on and-"

"Stop this,you ing idiot!I will not let you go through all this alone!"

"Yes,you will!" Changmin yelled,not wanting to leave any room for his friend to argue."You will.I'll make sure you will."

"Changmin!"

"Stop it,Kyu!Just stop it!"

Kyuhyun bit onto his bottom lip harshly,trying to hold back the tears of anger and disappointment.He didn't want to leave Changmin the moment he needed him the most.Changmin had no one else beside him and his cousin to share his worries with,not even his own parents because Changmin refused to tell them about Yunho's and Moonbin's dissappearance and Kyuhyun could understand all too well why Changmin didn't want to inform them.

Instead of making things better,they would only make things worse through irrational and irresponsible acts.So it was better for everyone if those two would remain clueless and spend their time taking care of the business in America instead.

To fill in for Yunho in the company,Changmin has asked their cousin Jung Jihoon - one of the company's executives - for help and thanks to him,the absence of the CEO got less obvious.And Jihoon was the only one in the family who knew about the latest happenings,promising to keep silent if being asked about Yunho and Moonbin.

"What are you going to do then?" Kyuhyun asked after a while,the words coming out as a soft murmur only.

A loud sigh escaped Changmin's lips before he shook his head."I don't know yet.I don't know."

oOo

- Jung Residence,Friday,30th August,8 am -

Changmin let out a soft sigh as he dragged himself downstairs to get himself a glass of water in the kitchen before he placed himself at one of the windows,giving a slight nod of recognition to the chef who greeted him.

He has spent the whole night pondering about what he could do to get his brother out of the hell hole he was probably in right now.And it made him feel so utterly helpless when he realized repeatedly that there was nothing he could do.

For now,he has reached a dead end.

The chef along with a maid who has walked into the kitchen to help yelped slightly in surprise when Changmin threw the glass he was holding towards the nearest wall,a cry of frustration escaping his lips.He ignored the fearful and worried gazes he received,clenching his fists at the thought of his brother suffering somewhere without him being able to do anything against it.

He didn't tear his eyes away from his own reflection in the window until another maid walked into the kitchen with a phone in her hand.

"Jihoon ssi wishes to talk to you,Young Master Changmin." She said softly before handing Changmin the white device,bowing to excuse herself afterwards.

"Yes,hyung?"

"How are you,Changmin?" Jihoon asked,visibly worried about his baby cousin.

"Not fine,hyung...not fine at all." Changmin replied and walked out of the kitchen to head upstairs,leaving the mess he has created to be taken care of by the employees.

"What did you find out yesterday?"

The tall teen let out a deep sigh and waited until he was in his locked room before he spoke,not wanting anyone to hear what he would tell Jihoon.

"Many unpleasant things..." Changmin uttered."Jaejoong hyung's family did kidnap Moonbin and Yunho hyung...Jaejoong hyung's younger brother kind of admitted it."

"What?We have to inform the pol-"

"No hyung,no police."

"But Changmin,now that we know for sure that they have Yunho and Moonbin-"

"If we inform the police,Jaejoong hyung's family might do something drastic and kill Yunho hyung!"

Silence lingered in the air after those forceful words,Changmin's headaches returning almost immediately after straining himself.

"W-What?I mean sure,they have kidnapped Moonbin and Yunho,but actually killing someone-"

"Hyung...you don't understand.This family will not hesitate to kill if they must.We are talking about criminals,hyung.Not just random criminals but unscrupulous murderers.The Kims belong to the mafia,Jihoon hyung...the ing mafia...and they are too powerful.There is nothing we can do against them...absolutely nothing and it hurts to know that I won't be able to save Yunho hyung."

Jung Changmin was not one to cry easily,but right now tears worth a lifetime kept pouring out of his eyes as his heart contracted painfully.

"Changmin,I...I will come and see you."

"No,hyung...don't."

"You need someone with you right now,Changmin.I will be there in a bit and then we can try to search for a solution together."

And before Changmin could say anything in return,his cousin has hung up on him already.The tall teen then placed the phone onto his desk with a sigh,surprised when his smartphone was ringing right after.Shaking his head in disapproval when he saw Kyuhyun's name on the screen,Changmin grabbed the black device before answering the call.

"Kyuhyun,I told you that-"

"Shut up and check your mails.I sent you an article you should read.I gotta go now,the teacher's here." And with those words,Kyuhyun ended the call while Changmin used his phone to check his mails,finding the one from his best friend right away.

He raised his eyebrows skeptically when he saw the article Kyuhyun has sent him.


August 30th 2013

Business Tycoon's Son Returns

Jin Yihan (22),son of business tycoon Jin Young Min,has returned to Korea yesterday,assuring everyone during a press conference that he has recovered well.
Many years ago,the young business man has been kidnapped by gangster and was beaten into a comatose state,causing his father to have him transfered to America for a better medical treatment.
He woke up four months ago and had to go a hard path of recovery and now he has returned to Korea to take care of his family's company,determined to bring the success back into the Jin household.But business wasn't his only motivation to come back.When asked about his future plans,Jin Yihan also announced that he is determined to rebuild the love relationship to his early love,a young man named Kim Jaejoong.Whoever that Kim Jaejoong is,we hope that he will be able to give Jin Yihan is well-deserved happiness after years of suffering.


Changmin's mouth was opened widely as he reread the the whole news article again and again,his eyes always ending up glued on Jaejoong's name as if to convince himself that he has read right.

"Changmin?"

The teenage boy immediately turned around to face Jihoon,seeing the older male looking at him in concern as he held up a white bag.

"Hey buddy...I brought you your favorite food-"

"Hyung,what do you know about Jin Yihan?"

"Uh,well..."

oOo

- Jin Enterprise,9 am -

"We need to talk to Jin YiHan."

"Sir,Yihan ssi is not in the building right now."

"Then call him!" Changmin half yelled and caused the secretary to frown at him.

It was obvious that she was experienced in dealing with these kind of tantrums and would not hesitate to call for security if needed.Jihoon sighed before pulling his cousin back by his shoulders,seeing that the younger male was too close to the well-dressed woman than it was good for him.

"When will he be back?" Jihoon inquiered calmly,ignoring the sigh of frustration coming from Changmin.

"Not all too soon.He has meetings with several executives of the company to discuss about the company's future so it will take quite a while.If you would leave me your name and number,I could inform him that you would like to talk to him." The secretary answered,pleased by the way Jihoon was talking to her.

Jihoon smiled in return before getting one of his business cards out of his pocket,handing it to her afterwards."Thank you."

"You're welcome." She answered and watched how Jihoon dragged his cousin into one of the elevators,shaking her head at the protests coming from the younger male.

"Hyung,we can't just wait and do nothing!"

"Changmin,calm down.You have told me yourself earlier that they aren't planning on killing Yunho and as long as we don't inform the police,they will keep it that way.I know that you are worried,I am too...but there are limits to what we can do.If we would've continued to pester her,she would've called the security or even the police and that's the last thing you would want to happen,right?"

Changmin didn't answer,but he knew that Jihoon was right.There was nothing he could do right now beside waiting.

oOo

- Kim Residence -

"I met your brother yesterday." Kibum said and saw Yunho looking up at him,panick-stricken and worried."He hasn't been hurt.I just wanted to give him the advice to stop searching for Jaejoong hyung."

Kibum slowly got up and paced towards the small window he has grown to like looking through."Your brother has got guts.His determination is quite impressive and I almost believed that he would actually manage to find you."

With one swift movement,Kibum walked back to the chair and sat down again,staring at Yunho expressionlssly as he took in the man's outward appearance.

Yunho looked sickly pale,his clothes stained by dirt and blood.His eyes were unfocused and glassy,his lips chapped,bleeding at some parts while several cuts and bruises decorated his small face,hinting at more of them covering most parts of Yunho's body.

Almost.They have almost reached the end stage of his punishment.

"Jaejoong hyung's condition keeps getting worse." The teenage boy uttered sadly,barely registering Yunho's eyes shifting to look at him at the mention of Jaejoong."During the days,he would be happy and whenever I see him with Moonbin...it gives me the feeling that everything is alright again.But then the night comes and with it also the nightmares.He always starts to scream in the middle of the night and he has started to throw things again not long ago.It won't take long before he will start to hurt himself again."

Soft whimpers resonated in the room and Kibum didn't need to look at Yunho properly to know that he was crying.Kibum felt a rush of satisfaction running through his veins as he was convinced that no one has ever been able to drive Jung Yunho this far before.Surely,the man's reaction to the daily-delivered information about Jaejoong's condition showed that he was regretting.

But it was still not enough.

Kibum wanted to push him further towards his permanent downfall.

"He will start to hit himself and he will not be satisfied until he bleeds somewhere.He will continue until the physical pain he inflicts on himself lets the pain in his heart fade.The same ritual will happen every single night.No matter what we do,he always finds a way to hurt himself.Do you know how much it hurts to see him like that?To see Jaejoong hyung cry is already torturous enough,but to see how he tries to harm himself while crying out your name repeatedly is way beyond that."

He stopped as he heard Yunho whispering something and only when he was silent,he could comprehend the man's words.

"I'm sorry.I'm so sorry.Jaejoong...I'm sorry.I'm so sorry." The phrase was repeated several times like a soft mantra,almost like Yunho believed that if he said the hushed words of apology often enough,they would start to mean something to Kibum,Junsu,Yoochun and most importantly Jaejoong.

He hoped that he would get the chance to say those words to Jaejoong personally if he managed to convince any of Jaejoong's family members of their genuineness.He wanted Jaejoong to know how much he regretted hurting him and how much he regretted missing the chance to make Jaejoong happy.He wanted Jaejoong to stop hurting himself because if there was someone who deserved to get hurt,it was definitely Yunho himself,he knew that much.

To picture Jaejoong in the condition being described to him hurt,but to know that he was the reason for Jaejoong's condition almost ripped him apart.

How he wished he could turn back time and recognize the feelings he held for Jaejoong for what they were:Love.

Everything Yunho could do was to pray for him to be given another chance to do things right and just hope for someone to help him getting back the only persons who would be able to make his life complete again.

"Your sorries mean so little,Jung Yunho."

oOo

- Jung Residence,Saturday,31st August,8.30 am -

A soft groan escaped Changmin's lips as he forced his half-lidded eyes open to grab his phone and answer the incoming call.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Changmin...Jin Yihan has called a few minutes ago."

It took a second for Changmin to register what has been said to him and another for the tall teen to shoot up into a sitting position,now surely wide awake.

"What?"

"He called just now and wants to meet us today after I told him about everything.He is apparently aware of Jaejoong's family background.I will pick you up in an hour."

Changmin almost couldn't believe his luck.After waiting for Jin Yihan's call in vain yesterday,Changmin has almost given up on getting more information from the CEO already.And now he was suddenly so many steps closer to finding a way to get a hold of Jaejoong,his brother and his nephew.

oOo

- Jin Enterprise,9.50 am -

"We are here to talk to Jin Yihan." Jihoon informed the secretary who nodded to his words.

"He awaits you." She said and looked at the double doors to her boss' office,not missing to give Changmin a warning look when the two males walked past her.

When they stepped into the spacious room,a man in a fancy-looking black suit looked up from the screen of his computer,flashing them a small smile."Jung Jihoon and Jung Changmin,I suppose?"

"Yes." Both answered in unison and watched the man getting up,leading them towards the sitting area in the office,placing himself on one of the black leather couches before he motioned for Jihoon and Changmin to have a seat as well.

The two guests bowed slightly,sitting down on the couch across from the man's afterwards.

"I'm Jin Yihan." He introduced himself properly."How exactly can I help you?"

"Tell us everything you know about the Kim family." Changmin blurted out and Jihoon almost flinched at his cousin's bluntness,but Yihan didn't seem offended by the rude tone the teen used.

"Straightforward,aren't we?But alright,I'll tell you about the Kims." Yihan said in slight amusement."When I first met Jaejoong,his parents were still alive and the 'boss' of the family was still Jaejoong's father Kim Heechul.But I heard from my father that his parents have died during a shootout in a restaurant the couple dined in and the position of the boss was passed on to Jaejoong's older brother Kim Junsu with Junsu hyung's former personal bodyguard and current lover as his right hand man.However,I knew right from the start what kind of family he belonged to because my father has been doing some business with the Kims for quite a while but that didn't scare me off because Jaejoong was just not as dangerous as his position suggested.He was mostly raised by his mother alone in Jeju Island when he was still a child because of his poor health at that time.Seoul was not a good surrounding for his condition.His mother was a very gentle woman and it was no surprise that Jaejoong took more after her than after his father who has taught Junsu hyung and Jaejoong's younger brother Kibum to be like him while Jaejoong was away.At first,Kim Heechul wasn't all too pleased with the gentle attitude Jaejoong had developed during his recovery in Jeju Island because he just didn't seem to fit into the kind of family they are.But he grew to find Jaejoong's sweet nature quite endearing after a while and didn't try to change Jaejoong although he did make sure that Jaejoong trained to shoot and to fight so he would be able to defend himself when needed."

A short pause filled the room with silence while Yihan let his eyes roam over the faces of the two males sitting across from him as they were probably trying to process all the information they got just now.

"Me and Jaejoong dated for quite a while and we were more than happy to say the least.He was everything I could hope for and everything seemed so perfect until a gang which belonged to the Kims' enemies kidnapped me because they wanted to hurt Jaejoong and well...you know what happened then.It has never been revealed that the Kims were involved in the whole mess for very obvious reasons.I'm sure that my father would've loved to tell the police about the Kims and what they do for a living because he blamed them and especially Jaejoong for my condition but he simply couldn't say anything.The Kims are too powerful to mess with.Only one month ago I was able to convince my father to tell me what had happened after I was kidnapped and it broke my heart to hear that my father forbade Jaejoong to come and see me.Jaejoong must've suffered a lot and I couldn't be there for him when he needed me the most.But now I'm back to claim him and heal the wounds your brother has left."

The last few words had Changmin looking away in slight shame on his brother's behalf,the small gesture quickly noticed by Yihan who wondered how the ruthless person being described to him could be related to someone like Changmin who was sensible enough to feel guilty and ashamed on someone else's behalf as if he was the one who has done wrong.

"I want to make it clear that I'm not helping you because I feel sorry for your brother in any way.I just want your brother far away from Jaejoong.I wouldn't fancy seeing that cruel person anywhere near him." Yihan explained lowly."But before we start our search...I have to warn you.I can't guarantee you that we will find them.The Kims own several secret houses and no one beside the family members and the personal bodyguards know where they are.If they are in one of those,then there is no chance for us to find them.If we do manage to find them,then you have to be careful with how you act and what you say."

Yihan's gaze was directed at Changmin only,having figured out within the first few seconds already that the teen had some serious problems to stay calm when something was irritating him."Kibum has let you off the last time because he had no other intention beside warning you.But if you shall offend him even after he has warned you,then I can't guarantee that you will come back home safely.He is not like Jaejoong.He will kill without hesitation when needed.Junsu hyung might be the most dangerous one among them,but Kibum is undoubtedly the most fierce one."

"Those things are of no relevance.We need to go and search for them,no matter what." Came the calm reply from Changmin and even the tall teen himself was surprised at how daring he was behaving even after his unpleasant encounter with Kibum yesterday.

Yihan stared at the determined youth for quite some time until he nodded his head leisurely."Very well then."

oOo

- Kim Residence,11 am -

"Look how handsome baby Moonbin looks,Bummie." Joongie told his brother as he held freshly bathed baby in his arms,admiring the baby boy's features.

"Very handsome." Kibum agreed with a smile and watched how Jaejoong walked towards the window with Moonbin,showing the giggling baby the birds flying outside.

He followed them and brushed the hair from Jaejoong's face when the other male started to pout at the disturbing locks covering his eyes.A slight frown appeared on Kibum's face when he saw the bruise on Jaejoong's pale forehead,remembering how Jaejoong was hitting himself there yesterday night,having forgotten everything about it today.

Suddenly,Moonbin started to whine and caused Kibum to look at him,watching with a smile how Jaejoong was rocking him back and forth gently.

"Are you hungry,baby Moonbin?" Jaejoong asked and as if to answer to his mother's question,Moonbin started to make soft gurgling sounds,causing Jaejoong to laugh softly before he asked for Joongki to prepare a bottle of milk for the baby.

He himself wasn't allowed to heat up the water for it because he could've burned himself.So while Joongki was doing it for him,Jaejoong was pacing around in the room,smiling at Moonbin in a way that had Kibum's heart melting once again.Jaejoong might not remember that he was Moonbin's mother,but deep inside...he could feel it,Kibum was sure of that.

No matter for how long they have been apart,the bond between mother and child never broke and it never will.

A soft knock at the door caused Jaejoong and Kibum to spin around and see who was there,smiling delightfully when Junsu was approaching them.

"Umma,you are back from work?"

"Only for a short time,baby.I just need to get some things and then I'll have to leave again." Junsu answered and smiled weakly at the sad pout he saw on Jaejoong's lips."Umma is sorry,baby.But you understand that me and Appa have to work,right?"

A gentle nod came from Jaejoong as he walked up to Junsu to give him a soft kiss on his cheek,earning a sweet smile from Junsu in return.

Shortly after,Joongki stepped into the room with a bottle of milk,handing it to Jaejoong with a smile.The beautiful male then started to feed the baby carefully,not wanting to hurt Moonbin.

Junsu smiled before he turned to lock gazes with Kibum,their eyes holding pride and happiness.To bring Moonbin back to Jaejoong had to be the best thing they have ever done.

After ensuring that his brothers and his nephew were well,Junsu walked out of Moonbin's room and headed towards his private office upstairs.The ringing of his smartphone distracted him shortly as he got the device out of his trouser pocket,looking at it with a smile once he saw the name displayed on it.

"Yes,Chun?" Junsu spoke once he answered the call.

"Could you also bring the files about the business we had with the Chois?Seems that something was off with them as well."

"Sure,how are things over there?"

"Everything's under control.The bastard tried to lie to me but I made sure that he will not try something like that ever again.I left his house a minute ago,let's meet up in the Han Company."

"Alright-"

"Boss." Junsu could hear Ah In calling him and stopped right infront of his office to look at the bodyguard questioningly.

"Boss,Jin Yihan is here."

Confusion and surprise alike got apparent in Junsu's dark orbs before he mumbled a soft 'I'll call you again in a few minutes' to his boyfriend.

"Yihan?He is has woken up?"

"Yes,boss and now he is here to talk to you...and he has two relatives of Jung Yunho with him."

Junsu frowned at the last words and tugged his phone back into his trouser pocket before he walked past Ah In and down the stairs.By the time he was outside,Kibum was already pointing a gun - which he has taken out of his secret drawer in his room once he has heard of the intruders - at Changmin's head,frowning deeply.Four bodyguards were standing around Kibum,their guns laying securely in their calloused hands.The blue-haired man's eyes then shifted to Yihan,a look of irritation flickering in his eyes.

"Why did you bring them here?Do you even know who these people are?"

"I do know,hyung...they told me what happened between that Jung Yunho and Jaejoong and also about how you have kidnapped Jung Yunho and his and Jaejoong's son.Please stop this,hyung...just release Yunho ssi and-"

"The hell I will!You are lucky that I like you because of your past relationship with Jaejoong or else I would have killed you already for bringing these people to our house.Now leave or I'll make sure none of you will get out of this alive."

"Hyung,please-"

"Imagine it was your brother,wouldn't you want to save him as well?" Changmin cut Yihan off,looking past Kibum and directly at Junsu.

"Be careful,kid...you do not come to my house just like this and dare to talk to me so casually." Junsu hissed,the frown disappearing once he heard the all too familiar voice of Jaejoong calling for him.

Shocked,Junsu and Kibum immediately turned around,seeing how Jaejoong was looking at them in confusion and fear.He didn't like the bad,bad things Kibum and the uncle bodyguards were holding.They hurt other people,Jaejoong knew.

Changmin didn't waste any time to grab Kibum's gun once he was sure that the other teen was distracted,barely registering the gasp of shock coming from Kibum when he turned Kibum around and pressed him flush against his chest,the gun pointed directly at Kibum's head.This caught Junsu's attention once again and he immediately turned around to see his youngest brother being taken hostage by a normal teenager,Kibum's face contorting in pain as Changmin twisted Kibum's right arm behind his back effectively.

"You little-"

"Let Yunho hyung go and I will-"

"Changmin!" Kyuhyun cried out as he jogged towards them and caused the called boy to turn around slightly,making sure that he was still having control over Kibum's movements.

"Kyuhyun,what are you doing here?"

"I-I followed you and was hiding all this while...I'm sorry,but I just couldn't leave you alone in this situation."

A soft sigh escaped Changmin's lips and he was about to say something to his best friend when the sound of police sirens reached his ears.He gasped shortly before looking at his best friend in shock.

"Don't tell me that you..."

"I'm sorry." Kyuhyun replied and bit onto his bottom lip gently."But I had to."

The look of disappointment and anger Changmin was giving him almost killed Kyuhyun from the inside.He has never seen that look being directed at him before and he felt guilty for doing these things behind his best friend's back.But he just wanted to help.

"." Junsu cursed and told his men to bring Jaejoong back into the house before he approached Kibum and Changmin,about to get his gun out when he saw Kibum shaking his head.

"Don't.You guys have to go now or else they will get all of you.Come and get me when you are at a safer place."

Knowing that his brother was capable of holding on until he would get the chance to bring him back home,Junsu nodded and signaled for his men to get back into the house.Changmin then hissed for Jihoon and Yihan to get back into the car before he pushed Kibum inside,quickly placing himself next to him with the gun afterwards.A short hiss of 'drive' escaped his lips and he allowed himself to take a quick glance at his sad friend for the last time before they drove off.

Inside the house,Junsu barked commands for his men to get all the important documents from his and Yoochun's office before he rushed into the garage,quickly getting into the car his men led him to.Jaejoong was sitting inside already with Moonbin in his arms,utterly scared and confused.Junsu's heart broke a little more at the sight before he pressed a soft kiss onto Jaejoong's forehead,taking Moonbin away from him before he told Jaejoong to buckle his seatbelt.

The blue haired man then saw Yunho being pushed into the car next to theirs.Junsu quickly buckled his own seatbelt and secured Moonbin in his arms.Soon enough the door of the garage was opened and the cars drove out of it as fast as possible,barely managing to drive onto the street before the police cars reached the Kims' house.

The black cars of the Kims sped up once the drivers noticed two of the police cars following them and after some more swift turns around several corners,they managed to get rid of them.This was surely not the first time the drivers had to do something like this.

Jaejoong stayed silent,his eyes on the small baby in Junsu's arms as he felt tears building up,the vision slowly turning blurry.He was so scared.So,so scared.

When the car halted a few minutes later,he unbuckled his seatbelt like he was told to before he followed Junsu out of the vehicle.Junsu told him to get into the van parked not far away from them,apparently having been prepared to pick them up after some of the bodyguards accompanying Junsu have called the driver of it.Junsu sat down next to his brother and cooed the baby in his arms softly when Moonbin started to cry.Jaejoong's eyes were meanwhile fixed on the bruised man sitting at the very back of the van along with two of Junsu's men flanking him.

"Umma...who is he?" Jaejoong managed to croak out as the vehicle started to move,the two now empty cars slowly disappearing with the growing distance to them.

"No one important,Joongie.Don't mind him." Junsu answered as calmly as possible without looking at Yunho.

"But he is hurt,Umma." Jaejoong uttered in worry as he continued to stare at Yunho who could barely hold his eyes open.

But when he heard the familiar voice he wasn't able to hear for way too long,Yunho willed himself to move his head and see from where the voice came from.His eyes widened a tad bit more when he found Jaejoong staring at him with genuine concern in his big orbs.

"Jaejoong..." The injured man whispered,feeling more dizzy than before as he noticed that Jaejoong was oddly addressing his own brother as his mother.

What in God's name was going on?

"He will be fine,baby." The blue-haired men assured softly before telling Jaejoong to sit down properly again after seeing how his younger brother has halfway climbed onto the seat just to get a better look at Yunho.

Jaejoong did obey,but he couldn't help but look to the back of the van from time to time,hoping that the stranger was going to be fine,no matter who he was.

Yunho stared back at Jaejoong through the small space between the seats,wishing he could do more than just that.But to hold his eyes open alone was a straining thing to do already,his body and soul exhausted and weakened to the core.

After a few minutes of looking at his ex-lover,Yunho closed his eyes as his body demanded for its much deserved rest,the last thing he saw before everything turned pitch black being the angelic face of the man he never thought he would get to meet again.

'Jaejoong,I'm sorry...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*The phrase 'sleeping with the fishes' was taken from the movie 'The Godfather' and describes the mafia's way of killing and throwing someone into the water.