~GRAB IT!!~

Nu'est LO/\E Stories

 


Main Character:

Kim Haru

 


~ GRAB IT! ~

[HARU’S POV]

                Two years since they debuted and we haven’t had our time together since then… unlike when he was still a trainee. If only I knew we will end up like this then I shouldn’t have let him go… I should have confessed to him when I still have the time but it’s too late now… I shouldn’t have rejected his feelings before… why did I even cut communications with him?! Well, not that I have a choice… I need to stay in the Philippines and take care of my granny~

                “Haru, Haru!! Are you listening to me, Haru?”

                “Huh?” I replied.

                “Aish! I’m talking for around an hour and yet you are not listening!” Mika complained.

                “Ugh, sorry.”

                “Sorry? Aish! Haru, don’t slack off! The contest is on and we’re not going to let you pull the performance down you know” she added.

                “I know that… it’s not like I’m the only one slacking off” I said while pointing my lips towards Risa. Risa didn’t even notice that we are looking at her.

                “Moon Risa!” Mika called her attention.

                “Huh? Huh? Wae?” she asked out of surprised.

                “Aish! I can’t find the reason why I kept the two of you…” she said giving up on our attitude.

                “But… aren’t we friends? That alone is a reason why you kept us in the group” Risa said while giving Mika a hug.

                “Aish… I’m so stupid back then” she said.

                “Then why are we still here? It’s because the three of us including the two boys there are birds of the same feather, right?” I asked.

                “Okay, okay…. and that reason will make a good feather duster out of us. Okay, let’s go back to practice” Mika ordered.

                “Have you heard who will be the judge?” Kyung-in asked.

                “No?”

                “I know!!” Songbin interrupted. “It’s Nu’est.”

                “Bwo?!” I choked.

                “Is there any problem?” Kyung-in asked. “That means we have the chance to win the Cover Contest!

                “I… I know… that’s what I’m about to say” I replied.

                “Then we should really practice hard and show them that we are even better than them” Kyung-in said.

                “Then why don’t we stop talking and just start practicing?” Risa asked.

                “Let’s go!” Songbin added.

 

                This is our group, composed of five people, our unit is the best. We are covering dances of quintet groups, take B1A4 for example…and of course Nu’est, the group where my first love belongs. With Songbin’s announcement that Nu’est will be the judge… will I be able to take the best out of me on that day? Will Ren recognize me then? Does he still have that feeling he has for me years ago? Will I hear his confession once again?

                Everyone was panting; the intensity of our practices gets even tougher as the day of the contests comes closer. Everyone has this feeling of excitement and worry, everyone is excited to perform! This will be our first official contest and if we win this, all of us will have the opportunity to go back to where we are originally from…South Korea, the place where our beginnings are planted and the place where our dreams will be fruitful.

                “Risa!!!!” I shouted in irritation.

                “We won’t catch the attention of Nu’est if we don’t dye your hair!” she said.

                “But I love my natural haircolor!!” I opposed.

                “Do you want to win?” she asked.

                “Of course!!”

                “Then let us dye it now!”

                I have no choice but to let them bleach my hair blond… Why did I end up on Ren’s role after all? I should have taken JR’s or Aron’s role instead…

                “Haru!!!” everyone shouted in awe.

                “Oh my gahd!!!” Songbin exclaimed.

                “You look just like Ren!” Mika commented.

                “Now we’ll surely take home the trophy” Kyung-in added with a beam forming on his face.

                “No doubt” Risa said while giving of a cat-like grin.

 

On the day of the contest…

                “Aish!! What should I do? What should I do?” Songbin asked.

                “Don’t be nervous, stupid” I said.

                “There are a lot of LOVEs outside” Mika said. “And Nu’est will be here to judge too so… we shouldn’t disappoint them.”

                “Of course, we will not disappoint them! Why did we practice countless sleepless night if we are going to lose?” Risa added.

                “We will win this competition!” Kyung-in shouted.

                “OF COURSE!!!” I shouted in excitement while putting my hand in front of me and the others did too and we made our signature cheer, “FOR’EST time, FIGHTING!”

                “Haru” Risa called me.. “Let’s go to the CR first please??” she asked.

                “I thought you’re not nervous?” I asked.

                “Going to the CR doesn’t mean that I’m nervous, pabo!”

                “Haha, I got it, Moon Risa” I replied.

 

                When we our outside the waiting room (to the CR and going back to the waiting room) everyone on the venue was looking at us. I got really shy that I even bow down to keep my face out of sight. Then I can here fans outside shouting “Ren-ah!” I think they have mistaken me for Ren?

                “It’s because you really look like him right now” Risa said.

                “We have the same face features…that’s why” I replied.

                “No you’re not, haha, it’s just because of the hair and the make-up… you look prettier than Ren you know” she said.

                “Now, stop flattering me” I poked her sides and of course, she was tickled haha.

                Just then we bumped into someone.

                Tall…

                                Blonde…

                                                                Pretty…

                                                                                                Ren…

                “Ren?!” Risa asked.

                “Ah, nae, Annyeong” he greeted us bowing down.

                What’s happening to me? My heart is about to explode at the sight of him.

                “Look what we have here! Two Rens!” Baekho commented.

                I snapped back to reality and greeted them the way they greeted us. Looks like Minki didn’t recognize me so… everything’s going to be fine. At least, that’s what I think.

                “Found them!” Songbin shouted.

                “Risa, Haru! Mika is looking for the two of you...” Kyung-in said as he and Songbin walks towards us. And yes, they’re surprised to see Nu’est before us but… Minki is now staring at me…

                “H-Haru?” Minki asked.

                “I… I’m going first” I said as I bowed down and walked away.

 

[REN's POV]

                Haru… so that’s why she looks so familiar.

                “Minki-ah” Minhyun called my attention. “What’s wrong?”

                “Nothing… I just remembered someone…” I replied.

                “Hmm…who?” he asked.

                “That’s a secret you know” I replied. Then, Aron-hyung, JR and Baekho signaled us to go at the backstage.

                We are given copies of the scoring sheet for the contenders. There are nine groups who will be performing for the dance cover contest tonight and they are Exhaust, Girlfriend, Nanab, After Class, SupELF, RoboVixx, New South Tempo, magic9 and FOR’EST. I wonder if on what group Haru belongs to…

                Haru… it’s been two years since we last talked and that time was when I confessed to you…and when you rejected me… I wonder if how you’re doing now…you haven’t changed even a bit.

                “Okay, we’re about to start” the MC told us.

 

[HARU's POV]

                “You should have seen Haru’s face earlier when she came face to face with Ren!! Hahaha! She looks so nervous and she was fidgeting earlier ahaha, her face is flushed, if only you have seen her, haha!” Songbin laughed out loud.

                Mika tried to stop him by hitting him with a paper fan, “Shut up, Songbinnie… you don’t know what Haru is undergoing through now.”

                “What the? What is that?”  I asked. “I’m not undergoing through some circumstances right now, Mika” I continued.

                “I know” she said rolling her eyes. “I’m just making the mood up!”

                “Hehe, Haru is still as serious as before...” Kyung-in added.

                “Okay, guys. Are you ready? We are now going backstage” Risa interrupted.

                “Okay, For Our-Own Reason we established a Style and Tempo! FOR’EST, fighting!”

                “FIGHTING!!!!”

 

[REN’S POV]

                Eight groups down, then… that only means that Haru belongs to FOR’EST.

                “Ren, who do you think will win?” Baekho asked me.

                “I don’t know” I replied.

                “You’re not rooting for anyone yet?” JR asked.

                “New South Tempo did a great performance” Minhyun said.

                “There’s still one group to perform” I replied. “I think we should let them perform first before we root for someone, eh?”

                “Ren is right, I think we should watch all of them first, I think the group FOR’EST is going to cover us too” Baekho added. “And I bet they have someone who looks like Ren.”

                “Oh, right! The guys we met earlier!” Minhyun exclaimed. “I’m looking forward to that group!”

                “So ladies and gentlemen, we are now down to our last competitor tonight, let’s give it up for-- FOR’EST!!”

                Here it goes.

 

[HARU's POV]

                Here it goes…

                This is all or nothing! We should win! We should win!

                Now we are climbing up onstage and yes… this feeling… the nervous feeling inside me is turning into excitement! We are about to perform a remix of Nu’est songs, and I know that we should give it our best because New South Tempo had made Nu’est stand up in awe. Now we should aim for the whole crowd.

                “Ugh? Wait, is that Ren onstage?” the MC asked. “Just kidding, guys, Ren is still at the judges’ seat. Come on, Ren-ssi, wave for us!”

                Ren… after this… I want to talk with you… please don’t go quickly…

 

                And the lights went on…the music played…

[Nu’Establish Style Tempo]

                It’s dark… I can’t see the audiences’ reaction or even the judges’… I’m worried but I have to give it my best shot! After all I know they might be looking at me because I have this resemblance to Ren…

Now we spitting fire on the mic,

‘bout to show you something that you’ll like.

With the NU’EST quite the sight, like Mohammad Ali in a fight.

New Establish Style Tempo, NU’EST yakjaro!

Now’s the beginning of our show

So nod your head to the FLOW!!!!

 

                I can feel it… the beat, the rhythm every movement matches them. The excitement that is bursting accompanied by light flashes, I think we’re really cool you know. And now…

[SLEEPTALKING]

                Lights turning on slowly… flashes focusing on our performance… I waved my body with the beat showing off Ren’s parts… I can hear it…everybody is cheering for us.

 

What’s wrong with me? I want to tell her, like a man

 

                What’s wrong with me? I want to tell him just like a man…

 

                And as our performance ended the lights on the audiences and judges’ area was lit on. Now the five of us can see their reactions. Satisfied.

                “Now, now, what a wonderful performance from another Nu’est cover group! FOR’EST!!” the MC stated. “I’ve been wondering if there’s a meaning behind the name, because you know it sounds like forest.”

                Mika was given the mic to speak and explain. “First of all, FOR’EST has a meaning, F means For, O stands for our own and R for Reasons and EST is for Establish style tempo. It’s all because we are all here for our own reasons and our group is bounded not by our mere interest but also by our experiences. See we are all Koreans, others are half-Filipino or Half-Korean … we are all here because we are left behind by certain people and we came here to compete for them, to show them what we have and to win them back.”

                “Oooohhhh”  the crowd started.

                “Okay, now so let’s hear what our judges have to say.”

                “Since this is the last group and they really did heat up the stage, all of us will leave a comment” Aron said. “So for me… how should I say this? Your group is really good, it’s not right to say but you pulled off a performance even greater than us. I have one thing to ask, did you guys covered for your favorite member?” Aron asked.

                “Yes” Mika replied.

                “No” I opposed. “I’m forced to do this!” then everyone blasted into laughter.

                “But you’re the best among all those who have covered for Ren, you even have his looks” Aron added.

                “Are you all guys? Because I think some of you are too pretty for a guy” Baekho asked.

                “No, we have three girls and two boys. We are a mixed cover group” Risa answered.

                “Wow” Aron commented.

               “I must say that for a mixed group…you are really good…probably the best performance tonight” Baekho continued.

                “Uhh, hello. You are For’est, I believe that we have met earlier at the backstage… well, first, I am really surprised when I saw your group’s Ren and when I saw you guys perform onstage… I was really surprised because it seems that we are watching ourselves—live, good job…” JR said.

                “FOR’EST!! Wow! Are you also covering other groups?” Minhyun asked.

                “Yes” Mika replied.

                “Oh? Can you show us? Because other might think that we’re going to be biased because you covered our group…” Minhyun continued.

                “Sorry but they can’t… but maybe they can add it to their encore if they win” the MC said.

                “Ahh… what a waste.”

                “Lastly… Ren-ssi? What can you say about this cover dancer of yours?”

                “Ugh, she really did a great job… and not just her but the whole group as well… they’re choreography and costume really matches the original and I like it. May I know the names of the members?” Ren asked.

                Mika stepped forward to introduce the group members. “First, I’m Mika Francisco and I’m covering Minhyun. The one who covered for JR is Han Kyung-in. For Aron we have Moon Risa and the pink one is Songbin Enriquez and lastly the one who covered Ren is Kim Haru.”

                “Kim Haru… Haru-ssi, you did a good job playing my character tonight…good job for the whole group. I love it…” Ren ended while giving the mic back to JR.

                “Good job!!” they ended.

                “Alright!! So For’est you may now proceed to the backstage… and while we are waiting for the results… I know you guys are waiting for them! Let’s give it up for Nu’est!!”

                “Haru, let’s watch them!!” Mika pulled me and we went in front of the stage. We are left in awe while watching Nu’est perform.

                Ren…I’m sorry… I’m not ready… I am still confused with my feelings back then but when you started to train, when I was sent here in the Philippines… I know… I realized my true feelings… I love you… please tell me that you still love me and give me a chance.

 

Ooh…Ooh, ooh, ooh…whoa~ yeah~ Still loving you…

 

                “Alright! That was surely an intense performance from Nu’est!! And to let you all know… I am now holding the name of the winners for tonight’s contest! I will let our judges announce them after a few minutes of refreshing.”

               

                Please let us win…

                If we win I know that I will have a chance to talk to him… even for just a minute… so please… let us…

 

                “Are you guys ready to know who the winner is?” the MC asked. “Who are you rooting for? Is it group number 1? Number 2? Number 3? Number 4? Number 5? 6? 7? Is it number 8? Or maybe is it number 9? We all have a group we’re rooting for now let us know who will take home the trophy for tonight!”

                “We are going to tell who the winner group is… drum roll please!” Aron started.

                “This year’s Cover Dance Contest Champion is…”

                Hearts thumping, sweats are rolling. All members are fidgeting, worried about the results. We are now holding each other’s hand tightly, eyes closed, and heartbeats racing…

                “The winner for this year is no other than…” Aron cut-off then looked at every member signaling to tell the winner simultaneously.

                “NU’EST!!!!” and everyone was left in awe.

                “Just kidding guys!” Aron pulled off. “This year’s winner is—.”

                “FOR’EST!”

               

                FOR’EST? No way! We really won!!

                “HARUU!!!! WE WON!! WE REALLY WON!!!” Mika shouted in happiness while jumping her heart out while Risa is hugging both Kyung-in and Songbin who are both crying.

                “And now for the encore stage! As requested earlier by Nu’est… Can you guys perform two songs for the encore?”

                “Of course” Risa replied.

                “We’re going to perform B1A4’s ‘What’s happening’ and then Sandy” Kyung-in added.

                “We’re going to perform Sandy with you!” Baekho shouted.

                “Let’s go!”

 

                Performance…

                Hurry… I… I want to talk to him now.

                It was during the last rap part when someone suddenly pulled my hand and ran behind the others. I was so surprised when he continued singing:

               

“I’ll protect you ‘til the end

Say “yes”. Come on. Give me a chance!

My baby, my lady, woo would you be my Sandy?

Girl, you are my sunshine,

Dazzling bright and cheerful smile,

Let me cherish you my baby

You’re forever mine, right?

My baby, my lady, woo would you be my Sandy?

Let’s not only be friends,

Be my love, Haru!

 

                “Woohoohoo!! And what do we have here at the back? Ren kneeling in front of Ren!”

                The crowd cheered, “Lucky!!”

                Then JR announced something, “We would like to congratulate FOR’EST for winning and you will be given a trip for two, for each member, to Korea and before that Nu’est would like to invite your group for a special bonding tour tomorrow.”

                “You are going, right?” Minhyun asked.

                “Of course, we’re going!” Mika replied.

                I was left in awe… I can’t believe what’s happening. I can’t believe that Minki sang for me. I can’t believe that I can’t talk back and tell him that I love him too… I can’t believe that he kneeled in front of me in public… crazy Minki!

                “Rabudul! Saranghaeyo!!” Ren shouted as he threw hearts towards LOVEs.

                Everyone did the same and when they are all busy… Ren pulled my hand, went closer and whispered to my ear, “I still love you, please give me a chance, be mine, Haru.”

                N-no way, I heard it again… he confessed to me again… what should I do?

                “I’ll be waiting for your answer until tomorrow” he said as he let go of my hand and went off-stage.

                I was frozen… that’s the chance… I had the chance… but… why didn’t I make a move? I’m so stupid! I should have told him that I love him too! Wait for tomorrow. I’ll be yours. Frever and always~

 

 

 

`E-N-*`

HARU:: “NO!! This is not yet finished until Minki learns my feelings for him!!!”

 

 

 

 


 

`To be continued…`

a/n: Thank you for reading. :) Hope you liked the first part of Ren’s fiction. Going to update this but not soon >:) [not even by the next update, haha, cuz I might post a different story before I continue this, hmm, maybe if I got more upvotes? and subscribers? Hmm]. I’ll be a cliffhanger on this one haha… Leave a comment, be a fan/subscribe if you still haven’t and wait for more upcoming fics. ;)

for those who are going to ask xD the girl is Jang hae byeol, she's an ulzzang :D don't hate me for the choice of character haha :D she's kinda cute, right? xD