~Honey with Love~

Nu'est LO/\E Stories

 

“Yenoh? Do you have time this weekends?”
 

I bit the end of my pen as I keep my eyes on the monitor of my desktop, “I don’t know, I’m not sure, I still have a lot of deadlines.”



 

Deadlines. Deadlines. Deadlines.



 

“Deadlines?” he asked. “Are you still doing those paper works? The ones like last year?”
 

“No, no, no… this is different. I’m laying out the school’s yearbook and I need to finish it ASAP so I can have it checked before publishing.”
 

“Yearbook? Who’s helping you?”
 

“…”
 

“Yenoh?” he worriedly asked. “Shim Yenoh? Are you still there?”
 

“Uhm, yeah, just… I’m trying to focus on this Jonghyun” I tried to calmly say even though my tears are already on the urge of falling down.
 

“Should I help you?” he asked.
 

“No, no, I’m fine… just do your things there and don’t worry about me. I like what I’m doing, I’m learning something new, no worries” I convinced him with all my might.
 

“Really?” he asked. “That won’t do though…” I heard him say softly. “Are you really okay?”
 

“Yeah, Hyun-ah, you don’t need to worry about me. Go and practice more. A lot of fans are waiting for your comeback. Go and show them what you got, big boy.”
 

He chuckled over the line, “Okay, okay. Tell me if you need something, arrasseo?”
 

“Yes, now shoo, shoo. I’m busy. Bye! Love you!”
 

“Love you more. Bye!”


 

I sighed after I heard him disconnect the call.


 

A few more weeks and another school year will end. I don’t know if it’s just me but I can feel that I have been running endlessly since last month. Not literally running as in running but you know… all the BTS works (behind the scene works, ehem) were like distributed only to two person and you bet, I am the magical half of those two.

 

First week of the previous months, I printed all the necessary forms that our homeroom teachers needed for the graduating class. Why me? I don’t really know how I ended up doing it by myself?



 

Am I being too kind?



 

Maybe yes, maybe no.



 

Or maybe I can’t just say no.



 

Okay, to clear things up… supposedly my job is just to create the template for the forms. I did it and finished a month before the rest of the faculty started focusing on filling it out. Well, everything did run smoothly not until the paper size suddenly needs to be changed. I don’t know. I think it’s my fault? Or not?

 

Well, I can remember asking for the final paper size of the forms, our school head did give me the final size but just a few days before the checking of the so called “magical school forms” he told me that it needs to be in a legal size paper.
 

I tried making a tutorial of how to change the paper size so that the teachers may change them on the process of filling out all the forms but no one made use of it. In the end, I am the only one who tried modifying all those forms one-by-one… how many are there? I think there’s like… three hundred fifty plus multiplied by two?
 

The following week, the magical two BTS members, were tasked to prepare all the materials needed for our yearly cultural festival. I am just tasked to do the tabulations template, however, because the other half seems too busy doing all the graphic materials, I lent him a hand and did the layout for the plaques. Since I already had the base design, all I need to do is modify it depending on the award to be given. Next thing I knew, it felt like am the in-charge of the whole event. I don’t know, being a part of the technical team just gave me a lot of work.



 

Actually, I hated myself that time.



 

I am so tired.



 

I haven’t moved on yet on the personal things that had happened to me few weeks before and maybe that is the reason why I open-handedly accepted all of those jobs.



 

To distract myself.



 

But it was a bad idea.



 

I ended up envying my friends who’s only job during the festival was just to judge and give points that time, while I’m doing all the physical works like playing the videos, music, tabulating and even printing. I can remember that I almost broke down that time, good thing I had controlled myself.




 

Oomf. I guess I’m talking too much to myself again.



 

What day is it again?




 

I grabbed my phone to check the date today.

 

Sh*t. Sh*t. Sh*t!

 

It’s the 6th of April and today!



 

In a week, Jonghyun and his squad will finally have their first concert as five in seven years and yet here I am drowning in deadlines and more deadlines.



 

*kring kring kring*



 

It’s my boss.
 

I grabbed my phone and stopped myself from pushing the reject button.
 

“Hello?”
 

“Ms. Shim? How’s the yearbook going?” my boss asked on the other end.
 

“I’m just reviewing the names, sir. I’ll send it to you as soon as I’m done.”
 

“Right, right. We need that tomorrow morning so we can ask the publishing house about the cost.”
 

I nodded as if he can see me, “Noted, sir.”



 

And then, I disconnected the call.



 

*Sigh*



 

I’m just going to finish this today. No more daydreaming. No more sleeping. Let’s pull an all-nighter so I can give my Hyunie the love he deserves.




 

# NU’EST LOVE STORIES #




 

I don’t believe she’s okay.
 

That’s her favorite line: “I’m okay”, “I’m fine”, “I can handle this”. She can say all of that with a smiling face without any trace of struggle. However, this day, I can hear the pain in her voice. She must be having a really hard time right now.

 

“AHHH!!!” I frustratedly scratched the back of my head while reading her post.
 

“What’s wrong, Jonghyun-ah?” Aron-hyung asked.

I shook my head but he didn’t buy it so I confessed, “I’m just worried about Yenoh.”
 

Aron-hyung raised an eyebrow while sipping his ice-cold coffee, “What happened?”
 

“She’s been running restlessly since the year started.”
 

“Oh yeah?” he replied. “Busy fangirling over Kang Daniel. Yah, in a week or two, Daniel might steal your girlfriend.”
 

“Hyung!” I annoyingly get back at him. “I’m serious here.”
 

“Yeah, I know, I’m serious too. Didn’t she ask you for his signature before?” he continued mocking me. “Too much from your girlfriend.”
 

“Hyung…” I calmly warned him. “She treats Daniel like our son, why should I worry about that? Plus, that’s not the reason I’m worried about her. You know she has tendencies whenever she’s stressed and pressured. She’s been posting that V-sign lately again.”
 

“You are just overthinking, JR.”
 

“I’m not, hyung. Ahhh, why am I telling you this? You wouldn’t understand!” I scratched the back of my head again.



 

I heard Aron-hyung chuckle and then shouting that he is just kidding. I know that. I know Aron-hyung too well. A minute or two, later, he’ll come up to me suggesting things I can do for Yenoh.


 

You may be wondering why am I overreacting when it comes to her…



 

I just don’t want to lose her again…



 

It was an agony I don’t want to happen again…



 

A few years ago, she had slashed her wrist, good thing her mom saw her before she had gone too deep or else there would be no Yenoh today. I’m so thankful auntie found her or else, I don’t know what might have happened to me.
 

I can still remember that time when the news came, I brushed everyone off my way just so I can run to her quickly. My managers were scolding me due to my impulsiveness. I almost got hit by a truck back then.



 

“JR?”
 

See? I told you Aron-hyung will come to me in a minute or two.
 

“Yes, hyung?”
 

“Why don’t you take her out tomorrow?”
 

“But we’re busy. The concert’s just a few days away, hyung. I can’t go out and enjoy myself. I still need to give back all the love and support our fans had given us.”
 

“That’s why she chose to fangirl over Daniel, hmp.”
 

“Hyung!”
 

“Or just visit her at her crib when we’re free. Bring her some stress-relieving foods. It’s the thought that counts” he added.
 

“I was just about to say that, you idea-thief” I complained.
 

He raised both his hands and nodded his head, “Fine, fine, young man. I didn’t say anything yet.”
 

“But I know what you’re going to say” I backed up.
 

“Okay, fine, you win, bugi.”



 

We both shrugged and chuckled. After a few more minutes the other guys came back with the food that we had ordered and together, we had our dinner.




 

# NU’EST LOVE STORIES #




 

“Where is Mr. Kim? He was supposed to get the softcopy now” I asked myself when I walked by our office’s lobby. It’s Tuesday and my deadline seemed to be extended. Well, I thought I’m already done last week but no, he adjusted and changed a lot. So, I have to start and edit out everything again. Sigh.
 

I placed the printed sample on my table and decided to take a nap.
 

It was past ten minutes before five when I woke up.
 

“Oh, crap…” I mentally cursed looking around the office.
 

“Language, lady” a familiar voice said.
 

“J-Jonghyun?” I surprisingly asked when I saw him by the doorway.

“W-what are you doing here?” I continued.
 

“Paying you a quick visit” he replied. “Come on. I already asked Mr. Lee permissions for you to go home five minute earlier than usual.”
 

“B-but…” I tried to complain but I am still confused. “Aren’t you preparing for the concert? Why are you here? You and your should collect yourself and do your work.”
 

He raised a brow, “Wow, too much for someone who sleeps her off during office hours. Come on, let’s go now. I don’t have much time” he continued, grabbing my left arm and pulling me up.

 

I shook my head and grabbed my bag. We then went out and rode his manager’s car. Yep, his manager’s because this boy can’t even ride a bicycle alone.

 

His manager dropped us in front of my apartment and then he left after telling Jonghyun that he will be back before eight. That means that we have at least two and a half hour together.

 

“I brought foods in advance” he said while opening the fridge and grabbing the foods he bought to brag about. “Let me cook for you tonight.”
 

“Cook? Are you sure about that?” I mockingly asked him.
 

“Well, no, but I’m trying anyway” he replied. “Can you give me a hand?”



 

I shook my head while walking towards him.

 

After cooking and eating our dinner the two of us sat by the sofa, while my head leans on his shoulders.

 

“You had it rough these days?” he asked while holding my hand.
 

“A bit…” she said.
 

“Ahh, Yenoh should try asking others for help” he said.
 

“She tried but no one hears her out…”
 

“And Jonghyun? He’s always ready to hear her out, don’t you think?” he asked. “But I bet Yenoh doesn’t want to disturb him that’s why he can’t hear anything from her…”
 

I looked at his eyes and sadly smiled, “You can’t expect me to burden you now… you’re finally reaching your dreams. You are now back with Minhyun, you guys need to do much better now, you can’t rest, your dreams are just an inch away…”
 

“Do you expect me to be happy when my love isn’t doing well?”

“Hmm?”
 

“I can’t let you be sad or down or tired by yourself. I mean, yeah, I also get physically tired of all the late-night practices, but you are also important to me. Being a successful idol is one thing, but losing you is not a part of my plan.”
 

“I’m just here.”
 

“Yeah? Then, what about those hand signs you’re posting? You are doing that V-sign again…”
 

I hit his arm lightly, “Idiot. Don’t you get it? That pose is a sign that I chose to continue even though it’s hurting too much. I do have thoughts about cutting my wrist again but I chose not to, hence, the V-sign where my wrist is also visible. That’s an assurance that you shouldn’t worry about me, because I am now a strong woman and that I can now think before acting.”
 

I saw Jonghyun smile but it didn’t reach his eyes, he touched my hair, “You are not alone now, Yenoh. If you need anything, don’t hesitate to call me. I’ll try my best to send you help.”
 

I shook my head, “Just hearing your voice is enough.”
 

“Aigoo, why are you so stubborn?”
 

“I don’t know?” I laughed. “I got it from you. Anyway… You’ve been working out?” I asked as I felt his firm muscles when I hugged him earlier.
 

“Hmm, kind of” he shyly replied.
 

“Ei, don’t tell me…” I smiled mischievously. “Let me check them out before you show those buns to them” I told him while trying to tickle his sides.
 

He tried to push me away while chuckling, “Okay, okay, just a peek okay?”











 

________
190517
Hi, guys! I'm back with a new chapter! It's been a while, my writing skills  must've been rusty and here's a  warm up... And if you're wondering, this is a spin-off of "Honey, Goodbye", go and read it if you still haven't!

Leave a comment! Tell me what you think about this chapter!