Chapter 3

Stranded (Editing)

Dong Hae sighs, "Go to sleep, Hae."

 

He hears a giggle from the other side of the room, "Can't sleep?"

 

Dong Hae decides if he should be frightened at whomever just spoke in the dark, but the voice was all too familiar to be afraid, "Yeah," he replies with a soft sigh, before turning to face Hyuk Jae on the bed.

 

The voice asks, "I saw what you did a while ago. Was that for me?"

 

Dong Hae pauses for a moment, "Maybe."

 

....................

 

The sun had hardly risen when everyone finally woke up from their slumber. A loud thunder was heard from outside, causing a couple of frightened, high-pitched screams from the girls, though not all belonged to the girls, but who cares. Tae Yeon decides to walk around the room to look for signal for her mobile phone, but she didn't seem too happy about the result. Hyuk Jae's flashlight was already dimmer than before due to long hours of being on.

 

"I can't find any signal everywhere," Tae Yeon complains and ruffles her hair in frustration.

 

"Doesn't your driver know that you're stranded on a private resort and you need his car to go home?" Jung Soo asks and Tae Yeon looks at him hopelessly.

 

"He texted me yesterday that he was also stranded, since I asked him to look for a place to stay last night. He said the car ran out of gas in the middle of the road and he had to sleep inside it," Tae Yeon explains, before she locks her phone and places it inside her pocket.

 

"Well, didn't anyone bring a car?" Jung Soo asks.

 

"I did!" Ryeowook says, "But it's outside the place, there was no parking space here, so I didn't bring it inside."

 

Jung Soo looks at Ryeowook in disbelief, "Why didn't you say so? Come on! Let's go, maybe you can give all of us a ride!"

 

But Ryeowook smiles a smile which doesn't look too good, "But the car can only fit like 7 people. That's its maximum capacity!"

 

Jung Soo looks at everyone who was just staring at them, waiting for a possible way out. Just then, three loud knocks were heard. They all turned to face the door and Jung Soo opens the door, expecting Taecyeon to appear before him, but was shocked at the sight.

 

"Hey, senior," the boy greeted with a bow and so did the others.

 

"Junmyeon? What are you guys doing here?!" Jung Soo asks and everyone just stares at the poor sight. Before them was twelve boys soaked in rain.

 

Junmyeon presses his lips in a tight line, "We came all the way here for the wedding, but we got stranded on the way here. Good thing Baek Hyun knew the way to the resort, so he basically guided us here. We arrived at midnight, before ridiculously large trees fell and blocked the driveway. It's impossible to get out. We didn't want to wake all of you, so we decided to stay out for a while and wait 'till all of you were awake."

 

The others nodded in agreement. Jung Soo looked around the room and Tae Yeon signals for them to enter, though Jung Soo disagreed with Tae Yeon's invitation. "You need to dry up first, there are other rooms around here. Maybe you guys can use them for the meantime and go back here," Jung Soo says and EXO's leader nods, before he leads the rest of the group towards the other room.

 

"Now that large trees have blocked the driveway, is it even possible to go out? Plus, the rain's still really heavy and the wind is even stronger. How are we supposed to leave then?" Jong Woon asks.

 

Jung Soo and the rest of the group could only stare at him. For once, no one knew the answer.

 

"Let's stay here some more before the storm subsides, is that alright for all?" Jung Soo asks and everyone reluctantly agrees, knowing they had no choice. "Before that, I think we should really follow the room assignments for a while. We can all sleep here for the nights, but no, we're not going to stay here all day."

 

....................

 
The group decided to stay inside one of the rooms for lunch where they used the bed frame as their table and feasted on the food brought by Taecyeon. Though, some of them weren't really suited for lunch time meals.
 
 
"Chips were never a good idea, but let's deal with them, I guess?" Taecyeon says and everyone agrees, before they all snacked on Taecyeon's pack of Cheetos.
 
 
"Are the EXO members done washing up yet? They've been gone for two straight hours. I bet they haven't even eaten yet," Tiffany points out.
 
 
"Sounds like a good idea to call them here. Can you call them, Sun Kyu?" Sung Min requests and Sun Kyu rises from where she was seated before walking out the door and later comes back with the boys.
 
 
"Come, have some chips," Hyuk Jae says, with a bunch of Cheetos stuffed in his mouth, mumbling his words a little.
 
 
Yi Fan rejects his offer respectfully, "No, senior, we have our own food and we already ate before coming here."
 
 
Soo Young raises an eyebrow at the Chinese giant, "So you mean you brought food and you never told us? You only told us now that we're eating Cheetos for lunch?"
 
 
Se Hun laughs a bit before answering, "No, actually. We ate Doritos for Lunch." And the rest of the group nods, agreeing.
 
 
"Sounds like we're even. Oh well, just sit here," Yong Woon invites, "With us."
 
 

....................

 
 
The rain finally comes to a stop, yet the wind still continues its incessant blowing. The large group decides to head outside and start a campfire, since it was getting dark. Though the wind was too strong, the fire started was ablaze for the whole time they needed it.
 
 
"Thanks Taec, if you weren't here, we would all die of starvation and dehydration," Tiffany thanks Taecyeon and Taecyeon gladly nods his head once and smiles as if to say, 'You're welcome.'
 
 
"So, Taeng, is signal available already or?" Sun Kyu asks and Tae Yeon checks her phone and shakes her head sadly.
 
 
Taecyeon looks at Tae Yeon, "Network and power lines are down due to the strong wind."
 
 
Jung Soo looks at Taecyeon with a little hint of annoyance. How does he know everything when he's with us the whole time?! Jung Soo thinks as he stares intently at him.
 
 

....................