Chapter 1

Stranded (Editing)

The beach was quiet with nobody around except for me. The sand felt dry and soft under my feet as I breeze walked around the beach, anticipating the arrival of other invited guests. I heard footsteps behind me running towards my direction and I sighed in relief after realizing that finally, I'm not alone anymore.

 

"Hey, Dong Hae?" She greeted which came with a quick wave as she walked towards me, "Why did you come so early?"

 

"Oh, my flight was re-scheduled to an earlier time, because reports of a storm suddenly started to come in and the pilot feared the possibility of my flight's cancellation."

 

Suddenly, I found a figure nearing us, I recognized him and immediately greeted, "Hey Kyu!"

 

"Hae! Joo Hyun!" he greeted back with a big smile plastered on his face before he grabbed my hand and pulled me in for a bro-hug, he could only look at Joo Hyun and she bowed as if to say, "Hello, senior."

 

"You're really early aren't you?" he asks and turns to Joo Hyun, "Oh, Seo, will you join me? I want to show you something." Joo Hyun nodded expectantly and they left, after bidding me goodbye for a while.

 

I watched as their figures retreated into the dark. Kyu Hyun and Joo Hyun couldn't be considered the best of friends, but there was just something between them that no one else, but them, knew. Sometimes, I was jealous of their relationship and thought why mine was never like that, why I committed myself too early and expected too much and got nothing in the end. Then, another figure came to approach me.

 

"Yah, Dong Hae, why are you all alone and rethinking your life choices like that?" The said figure teased as he got nearer. I chuckled at his joke and sighed in the quietest way possible, as if to agree with his joke. Again, jokes are half-meant.

 

"Hey, don't you have anything better to do than to keep teasing me?"

 

After a few minutes, the beach started to fill with the Girls Generation members. Jung Soo decided to take them all for a "walk" to basically leave me alone. Just then, I saw someone sitting by the resort rooms. I pondered whether I should approach her or not, but my loneliness took over and told me to just step up and talk to her.

 

"Jess!" I greeted and she turned her attention from her cellphone to me. She flashed a smile, before standing up to bow respectfully, as my junior. She took off her earphones before smiling sweetly.

 

"Wanna go for a walk?" I invited and she gladly accepted, before arranging her things and bringing them with her.

 

Walking around, silence filled the air. Nobody decided to break the ice, and the awkward meter between us pushed to its maximum. Then, a low grumble was heard, it was Soo Yeon's stomach. We both laughed, somehow lessening the awkward meter.

 

"I'm sorry, I'm just really hungry," she apologizes quickly, which was the first I heard from her for the whole day and the ice was somehow melted.

 

"Me too. Wanna grab some food?" I asked.

 

Soo Yeon raised her eyebrow, "You brought some?"

 

I laughed, "Of course I did," and we headed towards my shared room with Hyuk Jae. I grabbed my bag which was filled with the food I was to eat for the trip and offered it to her, she gladly took it.

 

"What the?" she asked as she scanned through my bag of food, "Are you for real?"

 

And I laughed at her sudden change in mood, "Sica, our comeback is just arond the corner. I can't eat that much."

 

"Pomegranate? Black beans? Cereal drink? Avocado? Blueberries? And not to mention, Cucumber?!" she asked as she grabbed food from my bag one by one.

 

"Come on, I'm pretty sure you went through that too," I said in disbelief as I started to return my 'food' inside my bag.

 

"Yes, yes, I diet too, but don't you have real food?" Soo Yeon drops to the floor in hopelessness.

 

The beach was filled with all Super Junior and Girls Generation members, yet the EXO members, who were also invited and the couple to be wed were still MIA, Missing in Action. They all did their make-up and wore their clothes for the ceremony and gathered in the area for the wedding.

 

"Aren't you guys hungry? It's like 7:30 PM. And look! The caterers haven't even arrived yet and most especially, the couple to be wed still haven't arrived. Well, to be even more specific, we're the only ones here and the wedding's supposed to start at 8! Also, it's raining really hard, how are we supposed to go home then?"

 

Suddenly, a figure came walking down the aisle, eventually attracting everyone's attention. At first everyone thought salvation has finally arrived, but the said man screamed "bad news."

 

"Taec?" one asks and he flashes them a sorry smile.

 

"The groom, Mr. Lee Soo Man told me to tell you all to go home. He wasn't able to contact you all, due to specific reasons. The wedding was canceled due to the storm and I'm so sorry for coming too late," he explains and bows in apology. The rain has gotten worse and the trees were swaying side-to-side, absolutely scaring most of the people inside the venue.

 

"You of all people?" Ryeowook asks.

 

Taecyeon shrugs and Tae Yeon grabs her phone quickly, "I'll try to search if flying tonight would be possible," and everyone agrees.

 

"Not to worry. If we can't go home today, we can possibly go home tomorrow. I'm pretty sure all of you bought a room to stay for tonight, am I right?" Jung Soo asks, still full of question and anxiety in his tone.

 

The Girls Generation members looked at each other and Jung Soo knew it meant something negative. Suddenly, realization struck Jung Soo that, yes, they were in a private resort and yes, the rooms were limited to seven, and all of those were rented by us, the Super Junior members.

 

"How are we supposed to fit into seven rooms then?" Jung Soo asks.

 

Tae Yeon finally looks up from her phone, "Bad news. All flights scheduled tonight are canceled. We really need to stay the night."

 

Yoona butts in, "Not to worry, everyone. I can call my driver to fetch us, the Girls Generation members, so then we can head to the airport and leave."

 

"Yoona, are you forgetting the fact that all flights scheduled tonight are canceled?" Ki Bum asks Yoona and Yoona laughs at herself. Everyone looks away from Yoona to face Jung Soo who started to talk.

 

"Aren't there any hotels around the area? Maybe we can ask your drivers to come fetch you guys and you can stay in the hotels for the night," Jung Soo suggests.

 

Taecyeon butts in apologetically, "Unfortunately, that is too impossible. This island is only limited to one island, some civilizations, a port and an airport. There are no hotels around the area, nor are there any other resorts here. Though there are civilizations, they are too far from this resort. It takes about three hours to get there."

 

"How do you know this much info? Did you research that much before coming here?" Jong Woon asks, with no hint of sarcasm in his tone, meaning he was completely serious when he asked the question.

 

"It's better to know before you go, my friend," Taecyeon replies.

 

"Okay, back to the topic. We're going to have to distribute the rooms accordingly. I feel sorry to say though, we need to divide the seven rooms into two, meaning the first half would be for Super Junior and the other half would be for Girls Generation," Jung Soo brings the topic back.

 

"Hey, you left me behind," Taecyeon says.

 

"Alright, Taecyeon stays with us," Jung Soo adds.

 

"Okay, you have my vote, but one of the rooms has one bed alone," Ki Bum says.

 

"No worries Ki Bum. I bet the Girls Generation members wouldn't be too sad to share one bed, right?" Yong Woon says.

 

The Girls Generation members agree and the room distribution went this way: Kyu Hyun, Dong Hae and Hyuk Jae shared one room; Si Won, Yong Woon, Jong Woon and Jung Soo in one; Hee Chul, Ryeowook and Sung Min in another; Shin Dong, Ki Bum, Hangeng and Taecyeon in another; Sun Kyu, Soo Yeon and Tae Yeon in one; Tiffany, Joo Hyun, and Soo Young in another; Hyo Yeon, Yuri and Yoona in the last room.

 

"Before everything, we should go grab some food first," Taecyeon says and everyone agrees.