Chapter 2

Stranded (Editing)

Everyone was restless. The power was cut off and the designated rooms were no longer followed. Everyone, except Taecyeon, gathered in the biggest room where Dong Hae, Si Won and Hyuk Jae were supposed to stay.

 

"Didn't you guys pack a flashlight? It's getting really creepy here," a voice spoke.

 

"Why didn't you guys tell me? I have one inside my bag!" Hyuk Jae says and everyone grunts in annoyance. Hyuk Jae stands up to grab his flashlight from his bag and turns it on, revealing his face in the dark and everyone sighs in relief, though Hyo Yeon kind of screams at Hyuk Jae's face.

 

"What was that for?" Hyuk Jae asks and Hyo Yeon apologizes quickly.

 

"You were too creepy, gosh."

 

Hyuk Jae proceeds to place the flashlight on the bedside and turns it on to illuminate the room. Time ticks on and everyone still tries to sleep, though everyone miserably failed.

 

"I can't sleep," one says and everyone agrees.

 

"We should do something, I guess," Dong Hae says and sits on the bed where he used to lay down.

 

"Yes, and that something must be, we should sleep," Jung Soo comments and everyone kind of sighed in disbelief and chose to ignore his comment, eventually sitting up from where they laid down on.

 

"Maybe we should play Truth or Dare," Ki Bum suggests and the game Jung Soo despised was chosen as the activity of the night.

 

"Do you guys have a bottle?" Soo Young asks as they all walk to form a circle on one of the mattresses they eventually moved to the room. Dong Hae walks towards his bag to grab a bottle of sparkling water.

 

The game begins and the first victim is Ki Bum who shamelessly suggested the game. 'Kiss the most handsome guy in the room, only on the cheek though,' was his dare, chosen specifically by Hyo Yeon. Ki Bum reluctantly kisses Si Won's cheek before running back to where he was originally seated.

 

Soo Young was chosen next and was told to slap the prettiest person in the whole room. She ran to Yoona to slap her, but eventually apologized right after doing so. Yoona forgives her in an instant and Soo Young requests Soo Yeon to move, so she could sit next to Yoona, cause they were "best friends" now.

 

Dong Hae was next in line, and the last, actually, he chose Truth after having fears of having to kiss, slap or hug anyone in the room. He wasn't very sure about Truth as well, but he thought it was friendlier than Dare, though he wasn't quite sure.

 

"Is there anyone you like romantically in this room?" Hyuk Jae asks as he holds Dong Hae's fingers which were crossed together, so the pain inflicted would hurt even more. Dong Hae thinks about it for a while and he looks around the room. His eyes meet Soo Yeon's and they stare at them for a while, before they look away. Nobody really noticed this.

 

"Yes," Donghae says and everyone howls as if to tease Dong Hae who just made a low-key confession to whomever was in the room. Soo Yeon tenses at Dong Hae's words, though nobody really notices as well. Dong Hae laughs awkwardly as everyone teases him.

 

The game ended there as everyone thought the game was getting really boring, so Yuri suggested that they tell horror stories before they all go to sleep.

 

"I'm not so sure about that," Jung Soo says and everyone calls him a kill-joy, except for Soo Yeon who was equally too frightened about the idea itself.

 

"Okay, okay, I got a nice one!" Hyuk Jae says and everyone looks at him in anticipation. He earns a dozen "Go on"s before he starts to speak, "So, there was this time I was practicing in the practice room. It was really late and legit, I was the only person in the room that time. Except, maybe Dong Hae was there too, but he had to grab some water."

 

Everyone stares at Hyuk Jae before he continues, "Then I started dancing to Max Step, because I felt like dancing to it that time. Then, when the clock struck 12, the music stopped playing and then the lights switched off and then," he paused.

 

"And then?" Everyone asks.

 

"Someone yelled, 'HYUKJAE!'" Everyone suddenly screamed, "But then when I turned around, there was no one there."

 

"Wait. When did this even happen? The 30th of March last year?" Dong Hae asks.

 

Hyuk Jae agrees. "Well, if you didn't know, I was the one who did that. I thought of scaring you and it was super effective," Dong Hae laughs and Hyuk Jae is suddenly filled with rage.

 

"Weren't you just speaking like that thingy from Pokemon?" Jong Woon asks out of the blue.

 

"How dare you?! All my life I thought the practice room was hunted!" Hyuk Jae says in disbelief.

 

Donghae continues to laugh, "So that's why you always leave first when Jung Soo calls the day off." So, everyone turns into laughing freaks and the horror story is long forgotten.

 

The night was called off and so everyone was knocked out, except for two sleepless figures who were lying completely opposite each other.