Chapter five ~

The midnight bridge

 

Chapter 5💟
 
I dusted off my clothes as the stranger helped me get up. I looked  down at the ground and picked up the crumpled wedding invitation. I looked wide eyed at the invitation then looked up at the stranger. 'I almost got ' I thought. I soon broke down and cried. "Sh Sh Sh~ don't cry! It's okay tell me where you live and ill take you home okay?" He patted my shoulder and walked me towards his car. I got in the car and brought my knees to my chest and hugged them with my hands. "Where do you live gorgeous?" I shook my head. 'No not there. There's too many memories of him. "M-my place?" I nodded my head and sniffled clutching the invitation in my hand. 
 
We arrived fairly quickly, the stranger whom called me gorgeous(to which at this point I didn't care whether he called me that or not) led me to his apartment. The place wasn't as big, it was plain and simple. I took off my shoes by the door and stood by the door. He walked into a kitchen that was almost right by the door. I stood there watching him getting two glasses of water. "Oh! Here come in go sit on the couch. " I nodded and went to go sit on couch. I sat there until I saw him coming back and he handed me a glass of water. I took it and took a small sip. "I know you might not want to talk...I'm sorry that happened" he muttered. I looked up at him and responded softly. "It's okay..." As soon as I spoke those words I began to cry again, the grip on the invitation increasing. "Here it's okay. It'll be okay." The stranger said getting closer to be pulling me into a warm hug. His short arms didn't reach all the way across my torso so they settled half way. I didn't hug him back I sat there limply in his embrace. He slowly pulled away and wiped tears that were falling from my eyes with his T-shirt and he looked down and my hand with the wedding invitation and he placed his hand on top of my knuckles. "Woah. You're going to hurt your hand here put this down okay?" I shook my head and looked down at his hand on top of mine. He quickly took his hand seeing that I had noticed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Do you want to shower?" I nodded my head and stood up following him to a bathroom down the hall. "Umm. There's soap shampoo I even have a spare toothbrush in the drawer right over there." He said pointing. I nodded my head and saw him turning around. Without thinking I quickly pulled the back of his shirt and stopped him from walking. 'I don't want to be alone. I want to be loved.' I thought. 
 
"W-what's the matter?" He turned back and looked at me. I looked back towards the shower then back at him. He seemed to understand and walked into the bathroom closing the door behind him. I turned around taking my clothes off slowly and laid them limply on the floor. I heard clothes dropping behind me and I blushed, quickly pulling the shower curtain back and entering in. He slowly walked in after me pulling the curtain back and reaching over me to turn on the warm water.  I stood under the water letting the water run throughout my whole body. Remembering I was t alone I moved to the side and the stranger walked under the water with clear red blush under his face. I picked up a shampoo bottle and squirted some on my hand and began to limply wash my hair. "Chanyeol" I muttered still washing my hair. He turned around and smiled. "Baekhyun." The rest of the shower without saying a word. We both got out and dried ourselves. "I have some clothes that might fit you.." He looked behind me wrapping a towel around his waist and motioned for me to follow him to the bedroom. 
 
The bedroom was small with a simple twin matress in the middle with night stands on either side and small table filled with junk food wrappers and packages in the corner of the room. I saw him rummage through the drawers next to his bed and saw he pulled out a a shirt and shorts. "This shirt is really big...it might fit you and these are the biggest shorts I have..." He said turning around and handing me the clothes. I nodded as a 'thank you' and walked back towards the bathroom to change. 
 
When I came out of the bathroom I felt cold air hit my exposed stomach and shivers running down my legs, from the extremely short shorts. I made my way to the living room seeing the light I the room was off. I stopped at the end of the couch and before baekhyun can turn around I tried covering my stomach with my large hands which was of no help.  He turned around laughing and started at my exposed body. "You look so funny. " With out thinking I let out a pout and sat next to him on the couch. "Even though you look hilarious i'll admit that's one y stomach" he said smacking his thighs as he kept laughing. My face turned red and pulled the blanket off his lap and I buried myself in it hiding my blushing face. After he had quieted down I looked from above the blanket and saw him staring at the crumpled wedding invitation that I had been holding earlier. "So she's getting married huh?" He turned around staring at me while my eyes began to fill with tears. "Actually...h-he is..." I quietly said letting the tears from my eyes fall again.  
 
--
annyeong~ sorry for not updating in a week >.< hope this somewhat long chapter makes up for it ^_^. Thank you for subscribing and commenting!~