Chapter 1~

The midnight bridge

 

The dew droplets slowly damped my hair as I walked through the foggy park. It was the middle of the night and it was empty. For the most part. I walked towards the back of the park where a small bridge was located over a pond. 
 
Our small moment out of reality...
 
My footsteps quickened as I saw the tall dark figure over the bridge. 
I ran across the bridge and hugged him from behind. "Kris hyung. " I managed to muffle in between the hug. He turned me around and lifted my face up with his hand and looked into my eyes. "You took too long. I missed you. " his words echoed through my head as I leaned in to peck his perfect pink lips. "I missed you too. "  He pulled me into a hug and held me as he would never let go. "가지마( don't go)....stay with me please..." I whispered so only he would hear, even though we were alone. "I wish I could Yeolie..." He muffled into my curly gold hair. My hands dropped from his back as tears fell down my face. He pulled away and lifted up my face and  wiped the tears from my eyes. His eyes were filled with pain as he stared into mine. "Don't cry... I'll be here at the same time tomorrow. You know I will.  Don't waste your tears on me." With those words leaving his mouth his eyes began to water. 
 
I held onto his waist as if I was holding onto for my dear life. He pulled me and away wiping away the tears with his long slender fingers and held my face. He kissed my lips ever so softly for the last time. "Tomorrow. Same time okay?" He mumbled with a look in his eyes as if he never wanted to leave. I slowly nodded my head and turned around beginning to walk down the bridge. I slowly walked forward feeling burden in my chest. I turned around once more to see him standing there like he always does and watches me slowly fade into the darkness. 
 
I dragged my feet away not wanting to be apart from him a single second. I walked the same way I had come from until I hear shuffling of feet behind me. I turned around to find no one behind me and I continued to walk. Not wanting to become paranoid I continued to walk but I was startled by the shuffling if feet again. I slowly turned around and saw someone turn the other way and run back into the bushes. Feeling fear inside me I ran towards my car and got inside locking the doors. I looked out the windows and didn't see anyone... Did someone catch us? 
 
Next day yo~
 
I woke up to an empty bed beside me, like every morning. It's been 3 months since you last slept here...
I glanced over at the clock and saw I had plenty of time to get ready. I carefully chose casual clothes, brushed my teeth and hair and went into the kitchen to make myself food. I quickly made myself some cereal and sat down at the lonely table and flipped through the newspaper. When I finished I left out the door and made my way to work. 
 
The bakery was always warm and inviting with the smell of freshly made bread. The bakery was loud and bustling with people even though we just opened and it was early morning. I bowed down at the customers and smiles as I walked by each of them. I made my way to the back of the bakery and put on my apron and waited for the complaining to begin as I saw kyungsoo walking towards me. Kyungsoo was the manager of my store and he continually nagged at me for being late and this morning wasn't an exception. 
 
"Yah! Do you know how busy I've been baking bread and managing the store at the same time?! You're the boss you should be here early and open up the bakery!" Kyungsoo nagged as I just nodded my head adding receipt paper to the cash register. "I'll come earlier tomorrow morning umma" I cheekily responded as he left angrily back into the kitchen. 
 
I looked at the clock every hour to check to see if it was almost closing hour. The time seemed to drag on all day. Closing hour finally came and i rushed all the workers out and closed the shop quickly. i ran to my car, changing my clothes quickly and began to drive. 11:50. . I sped up the car and arrived to the park. My heart quickly and my hands began to sweat as i ran to the bridge. Butterflies swam in my stomach like crazy. Adredaline pumped through my veins as i reached the end of the bridge. But my heart quickly dropped as i saw fog. Just fog. No tall man waiting for me, just fog. Kris...where are you?
--
 
that was a really short chapter >.< but since this is a short story kind of thing..i think all chapters will be like this~
anyways thanks for subscribing~ comments are love~ will look for a poster soon!~