Late

The Mermaidian Princess

"Sulli , Chorong ! What are you two going to choose ? Today is already Friday, I'm considering to join the drama club !" Sooyoung gave a dreamy look . 

"I can't decide .... I don't know which to choose between dancing and music ! " Sulli put her hands up in exasperation .

"Same here , I'm thinking of joining the Newsletter Committee though . " Chorong murmured .

Sooyoung overheard what Chorong had murmured . " Don't worry Chorong , if you really want to join the Newsletter Committee , we'll support you and don't be afraid . We both know your love for writing . " Sooyoung hung her arm over Eunji's shoulder giving her a wink .

" Since you've decided on what you want , then let's go send in the form now just in case the activity that you're joining becomes full ! "  Before anyone could oppose , Sulli sprung off to the Student Council Room .

Chorong and Sooyoung threw back their head in laughter and ran to catch up with Sulli .

 

Upon arriving at the entrance of the Student Council Room , all three girls did not see any box to submit the forms . Chorong glanced around and saw that the light in the Student Council Room was on . Since they could not submit their forms elsewhere , Chorong decided that maybe they could pass their forms to one of the Student Council members . Unfortunately before she could knock on the door , the door pushed open and Chorong fell backwards . 

" Chorong !! " Sulli screamed .

" , I'm so sorry ! Are you all right ? Here , take my hand ." 

Chorong instintively reached out for the person's hand and stood up . " Thank you . " 

Now , Chorong had a clearer view of who it was that had caused her to fall and helped her , ironically . 

" I'm Lee Jonghyun , the Student Council President . About earlier on , sorry . Next time , do be careful all right ? " 

" No , it's my fault . I'll be more careful next time . By the way , do know where is the box that is supposed to be outside the Student Council Room ? The one where students are supposed to submit their forms . " Chorong showed him their forms . 

Jonghyun explained that he had already given the forms to the office and speculated that they are probably typing in everyone's names into their respective co-curriculum activity or subject right now.

" But today is still Friday and the deadline is today isn't it ? " Sooyoung protested .

" You are right , but the Student Council has made an announcment yesterday that the forms are to be submitted by 10am . All forms after 10am will not be accepted and those that did not sumbit their forms , they will be randomly put into a co-curricular activity or subject . " Jonghyun pointed to his watch and it showed that it was already 11.30am .

Chorong pouted . Oh great , now she will not be able to get into the Newsletter Committee .

"Let's go then , we can't do anything much since it's decided . " Sooyoung sighed in defeat before pulling Chorong and Sulli away. But before they could cover 5 meters , Jonghyun called out .

" Wait ! I can help , but one of you will owe me a favor " Jonghyun smirked while putting his hands into his pocket .

Without any hesitation , Chorong went forward and volunteered so as long she could get into the Newsletter Committee even if it means oweing him a favour . She quickly handed the three forms to Jonghyun and thanked him profusely before they dashed off to their next class . 

Jonghyun chuckled in silence replaying the scene where Sulli threw him a hug and thanked him for his help before she had run off . 

As he looked at their forms , he raised his brow when he saw what their choices were . " Hmm , interesting . " 

 

" YES ! YES ! I GOT INTO THE DRAMA CLUB ! " Sooyoung shouted as some girls and boys around whispered wishing that they had chosen to join the drama club instead as it would be an opportunity to get close to Sooyoung .

It was Monday and today was the day everyone would know what co-curricular activity or subject they got into . The Student Council had pasted a big printed paper of a list of the co-curricular activities and subjects . Under each activity or subject , the student's names were printed there . As soon as it was put up , the whole student body rushed to see what they had got into . With the help of the Student Council and the President , they managed to make the students queue up in an orderly manner to see the list . Some who had lesser patience , took out their phones and snapped a picture of it instead of queuing up to see the list . Chorong , Sooyoung and Sulli were all very delighted when they had got into their choice of what they wanted . 

"Yah Chorong ! Stop giving that dreamy look , let's head to the cafeteria before we get mobbed by them . " Sooyoung pointed in a group of girls' direction running towards them obviously trying to celebrate the fact that these group of girls got to be in the same co-curricular activity as Sooyoung , Sulli or Chorong .

What was strange was that most of them were looking in Sooyoung and Sulli's direction . Chorong figured that these girls wouldn't be interested in joining the Newsletter Committee and she thanked the gods before all three ran to the cafeteria . 

 

" Suho ! We both got into swimming , isn't that great ? Like this , we can also practice our water abilities. " D.O grinned widely .

" What about you , Baekhyun ? " Sehun asked and looked at the list without waiting for an answer . 

" Wha -- ?! You chose the Newsletter Committee ? You must be crazy ! " Sehun exclaimed .

" I'm interested in writing ... " Baekhyun muttered .

" Its okay Baekhyun , we'll support you ! Good luck . " Suho assured .

Baekhyun nodded and gained back his positivity . It seems that Chanyeol had gotten into the drama club while Kai got into dancing . As for Sehun , he had joined the basketball team . 

" I hope I'll enjoy doing this , I wonder who else joined the Newsletter Committee since it isn't as attractive as the the other activities . " Baekhyun thought .