Chapter Two

Addiction

"Welcome home Miss Hyoyeon. " 

"Yeah yeah. Just open the gates. " I rushed. I was losing feeling of my feet. The gates opened and before I stormed in, I took off my heels first. As I approached the front door, I saw my parent's car. Ugh, my life is going to be hell after I enter that door. With a few more steps, I was scrubbing my feet against the doormat; I shoved the door open and went in.

The house was cold as usual. There were two staircases I could take; the one to my left or the one to my right. A giant chandalier hung above all the expensive objects in the house. The mansion had hard, marble flooring but the stairs had white carpet stapled on. Voices floated to my ear and I groaned. Mom and Dad were still home. I pushed some hair out of my eyes and headed up the right-hand staircase. 

"Yah! Kim Hyoyeon!! " Mom's voice shattered the house. I winced as her voice was volumized ten times louder. With shaking hands, I rubbed my hand and sighed, stressed. I turned around to face her. Her nostrils were flaring, hands on hips, and if looks could kill, my mother would've been a murderer in this lifetime. I shrugged innocently and let my arms slap against my thighs. 

"What is it, Mother? " I said through gritted teeth. Dad came from the kitchen with a look of pity. I glared at Mom. Her eyes were wide and kind of freaky. 

"Where were you all night? Huh? What kind of girl doesn't come home until the next day? You're a disgrace to this family Kim Hyoyeon! " Mom shrieked hysterically. I rolled my eyes and turned my back on her. That kind of voice brought a new type of pain to my head. I clenched my jaw. 

 

"You'll never be like your sister! Your sister is kind, polite, proper whereas you are the complete opposite! Why did I even give birth to you!? You're just some dumb brat that's corrupted to the very core. You're not worth keeping!" Her insults stabbed me as I entered my room. I slammed the door and pressed my back against it. I could still hear my mom's rambling about me; Dad's trying to calm her down.

I took deep breaths as I slid down. I sat on the floor with my heels thrown to the side of the room. Tears brimmed my eyes and spilled messily down my cheeks and dress. My head was hurting like a , my feet are numb, my hips are sore and what else? Mom is being a obnoxious cow. Dad, on the other hand, is actually considerate. I up all my tears and pulled myself up to my beloved bed and comfort zone.

The silk sheets were warm and cozy to me. I buried my face in a pillow and laid there for about ten minutes, unmoving. There was a ray of sunlight peeking in from the window; my room was pretty dark and cloudy. Actually, my room is smaller than Yuri's room. Yuri was the golden child of this monarchy called a family. She was younger than me by two years but she was taller than me but several inches. 

Let me tell you a little bit of my angel of sister, Yuri. 

Ever since we were young, Yuri has always been better at everything. Piano lessons, singing lessons, academics, and more. Physically, she's got a vertical leg on me, posesses a body that all men want in their bed, and her hair is black and straight while mine is wavy and blonde. When Yuri was fifteen, she got an offer to be a model at SM Entertainment. Mom and Dad were so proud of her. Mom scolded me for not being as pretty or smart as her. My parents always gave everything to Yuri. They only thing they gave me was a room. No love, no nothing. Overall, she was 'obviously' better than I was. 

However, there was one thing that Yuri could never beat me in: Dance. Never could she succeed in dance. She was way too stiff and robotic to dance. At dance lessons, I always was the one who got praised by Ms. Leo. Ms. Leo was the only person in my life who actually saw what I could do. I admired her for that and also cried when she left. That was when I was ten. I've been dancing ever since. A couple of months ago, I submitted my application to Julliard and found out I got in. Mom cancelled my entrance after I found out I was admitted. She turned the dance studio in our house to a photography room for Yuri. 

She took the only thing that was special to me away and currently is forcing me to study at Seoul National University. She took away my passion and now expects me to study at some Korean university that doesn't give a about what I want to do! What kind of mother does this kind of thing? She even forbid me to dance by taking away my ballet shoes and other shoes. With that, I was just done. Done. 

My own mother canceled my dream with a phone call. A phone call. Thinking about it makes me boil. 

Don't get me wrong, I still dance but I can't dance at Julliard or make a career out of it. When Mom took away my chance at Julliard, she took away any chance of happiness for me. Hence, the partying and the drunk nights. I found out that soju and other kinds of booze soothed my anger and the wild clubs calm me down. 

I rolled over onto my back and closed my eyes. The wet tears have dried up, leaving my eyes bare. I laid there for a minute and felt myself fade. 


-------------------------

Jaejoong's POV

"Have some tea, Jaejoong. It's tea imported from France. Very expensive. " Mother gushed with a soft voice. I gave her a short nod and drank. The hot liquid lingered on my lips. My mother and I were having tea outside in our Japanese garden. Father was still working at his office. 

"I'm going to eat dinner with Yoochun and the guys. Don't wait up for me Mother. " I informed her as I got up. The sun was setting in the sky; some remaining light hit my face. 

"Alright! Don't be too late. " She hollered as I left. 

I got into my red Ferrari and ignited the engine. I saw a girl with a man. She was wearing a white, innocent laced dress while the man looked sketchy to me. He was wearing a black trench coat and dark clothing. They kissed and the man left. The girl shot me a look directly to me. It brought shivers down my back. Her cold stare punched a hole in my heart. Her expression dead and serious. She took slow steps towards me; each step making me more nervous. 

"Kim. Jaejoong. What brings you out here? " The twang of her tone was giving flashbacks. I looked at her. The only thing I felt was disgust. She knew I wasn't into that thing where I party and then sleep with a random girl after. She knew and yet she's still up to her no-good ways. I rolled my eyes as she placed a delicate hand on my forearm. I flicked her hand away. 

"You should really stop, Jessica. Plus, you know I'm not into partying anymore. Tsk, annoying.." I said coldly as I revved the engine and drove off, leaving her in the dust. The wind slapped my face mercilessly; my brown hair flapping around. I entered the city and was bombarded with car honks and the city habits. I dialed Yoochun's number. 

"Hello? " 

"Yoochun, where's that place you wanted to meet up at again? " I asked. 

"It's at Hotel Chasung. It's called Choi's. You won't miss it. It's on the tenth floor. " He said. I heard some voices in the background. The boys were already there. 

"Alright, see ya in like ten minutes. " I hung out and threw my phone to the passenger seat. I took a sharp left turn and then headed straight to Hotel Chasung. I arrived to a royal entrance. Cars were arriving into a curvy driveway, people got out their cars and handed their keys to the valet and headed into the hotel. I did the same. I wasn't wearing fancy clothes though. I wore a black long sleeve shirt with gray pants. 

When I was entering the hotel, I bumped into someone. 

"Oh I'm sorry. " I apologized without looking at their face. I heard an old chuckle and looked up. It was Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Ah. 

"Aigoo, Jaejoongie. What are you doing here? " Mrs. Kim smiled at me. 

"Ah, yes, I was just eating with some friends. And you? " 

"Oh we were just having dinner. That's all. It was nice to see you! Say hello to your parents to me! " Mr. Kim answered cheerily. I nodded and bowed. Mr. and Mrs. Kim owned one of the largest food corporations in the world and on top of that, they also owned the second most famous fashion business: Forever 21. My parents were friends with them and I've had dinners with them sometimes. I know they have two daughters but I only know one: Yuri. I never saw or heard about the other one. All I know was that each time we'd have dinner together, that other daughter would be "busy", "studying" , or even better, " on a educational trip" . I wonder what's wrong with the other daughter but Yuri is always there and quite nice. But everything about her is very typical and common. 

I got off the elevator at the tenth floor and saw a huge sign that said, " Choi's " in very elegant design. I walked in and told the person in the front that I was in the party four for Yoochun. The waitress led to me Yoochun's table. I chuckled as I saw Changmin trying to catch a nut in his mouth while Yunho was throwing it. 


"Hey! What are you guys doing? "I greeted them happily and sat my down. They answered with laughter. 

"Now that Jaejoong's here, let's order." Yoochun suggested with a cheeky smile. Everyone agreed. Yoochun beckoned the waitress. The waitress came holding her writing pad ready. We all ordered and she left to place our orders. 

"So guys, I got these tickets to Shinhwa's concert this Saturday!" Changmin chimed in as we waited for our food. 

"I can't. I got a family dinner with the Kim's. " I groaned. I love Shinhwa. . .

"I have this thing but I'll see what I can do." Yunho said mysteriously. We all gawked at him and his dark mysteriousness. Junsu cleared his throat.

"I'll go. What time? " Junsu grinned. I chuckled for no reason. The waitress came back with Changmin's House Special sandwich and Junsu's pasta. The aroma of the two were just mouth-watering. 

"It starts at 6 but the doors open 5:30. It's at the Arplo Theater. The theater with the huge stage and spacious seats. " Changmin grabbed his sandwich and bit it. I was just staring at his sandwich. It looked so delicious. My mouth was dry with hunger for some food. I saw the same hunger in Yoochun's eyes. Yunho was calm and collected but I saw his eyes flicker to the food in front of us. 

"Oh that theater. I heard it is as famous as The Staples Center in LA." Junsu and Changmin had already begun eating their food and it was making us hungerier and hungrier by the second. The moment the waitress came back with the remaining orders, we thanked her gratefully.

"Oh thank you, thank you so much! " I exclaimed digging into my kimchi burrito. Yunho let go of his proper posture and yanked the dish from the lady then started taking large bites of his spaghetti. Yoochun was buried in his hamburger and fries. 

"Psh, pigs.." Junsu muttered with some sauce on smeared on the corner of his small mouth. I rolled my eyes and continued to devour the food. 

After we were all done pigging out, I was the first one to leave first. I drove back to my house. It was 11:43AM. Oh it's almost time for the Vogue photoshoot. 

-----------

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter ^__^ 
Stay tuned! 
I couldn't update for a couple days because my internet service was all messed up so there ya go! :D