Chapter Six

Addiction

Hyoyeon's POV

I stood in the middle of my breezy room, my heart pulsing loudly in my stomach mercilessly; my heels were in my hands.

It means that I like you. A lot.

His words echoed repeatedly in my head, censoring out any other sound that comes near my ears. My mom was yelling at me again for not coming home last night and screaming her disappointment to the world; my dad was trying to soothe her again. But their voices appeared so far away and muffled compared to Jaejoong's voice in my head; his voice was like a mental shield against my mother's screeching. 

..I like you. A lot.

I limply threw my shoes into a corner and changed into more casual clothes(a pair of leggings, oversized t-shirt). 

A lot.

I groaned loudly as ruffled my hair, messing it up as I collapsed onto my bed. My mom's screaming had stopped and a strange, empty silence occupied the atmosphere in the house. I checked the time. 9:14AM. I got off my bed and daringly went downstairs, acting like I hadn't gotten screamed at. My foosteps against the stairs sounded like thundering lightning. 

As I enter the kitchen, I saw that Yuri and my dad had not left yet. Their eyes met mine and looked away quickly and awkwardly. A maid stood with her back to me, washing the dishes. My stomach growled when I smelled bacon and eggs. I paused. 

"Ms. Cho, can I have what they are having?" I asked the maid cleaning the dishes. She stopped and turned; she nodded. I sent her a small smile. Ms. Cho was a middle-aged woman who was too sweet for a household like ours. She had those large, sweet eyes, a slender body, and long black hair; I always thought she was a catch in her days. 

Ms. Cho finished cleaning the dishes and prepared me the same dish; eggs, bacon, and some hashbrowns. Our family was traditionally Korean but we have our American days. Ms. Cho gestured for me to sit at the table...with my dad and Yuri. I hesitantly sat down and a plate of deliciousness was placed underneath my nose, making my mouth water with hunger and cravings. 

Before devouring, I glanced at Dad and Yuri. They were keeping their eyes down while eating. Why couldn't they look at me? They're acting like I'm invisible. It stung for them to do that. I took a fork and picked up a piece of egg and put it in my mouth; Dad and Yuri got suddenly and collected their plates then left. The fork slowly slid out of my mouth. I was left alone at the diner table. Tears welled up around the corners of my eyes, threatening to stream down my cheeks. 

I held in my tears and continued to eat.

Ms. Cho had left and Butler Chang entered, touching up things that needed to be cleaned and wiped. I could feel his eyes on me. After a bit, I looked up from my plate.

"Butler Chang. How are you?" I asked. Butler Chang paused; then continued, "I'm fine. And you, Miss Hyoyeon?" He asked semi-pleasantly. I looked behind him and saw a couple of maids wiping and cleaning ferociously. 

"Is there a special occasion today? Everyone is cleaning crazily." I took a bite of bacon. Butler Chang smiled, wrinkles cupping his mouth. 

"We have guests today. The Kim's. Funny isn't it? The same surname..." He chuckled as he wiped the island's counter. 

"Oh, really? When?"

"6:00 tonight. Are you planning to join us?" He stopped wiping and began to sweep. I opened my mouth but nothing came out except a stuttering sound. 

"Is the dinner here in our house?" I finished the last piece of bacon. He nodded.

"Oh, but your mother said she might change the location." He said in a matter-of-fact tone. 

"Oh.." I trailed off as I chewed on some hashbrown. A short silence filled the kitchen; the only sounds were my fork clinking against the plate and Butler Chang's sweeping. I stood up and placed my plate into the sink; I diverted my eyes to Butler Chang; his back faced me.

"Butler Chang, I hope you know that I haven't done anything bad throughout my rebellion, despite what my mother believes. Also, the only reason for this is my mother herself...If she even qualifies as a mother." I muttered the last part of my confession. Butler Chang had stopped sweeping and stopped to listen to me. He was still. He turned around and smiled a geniune smile. It warmed my heart.

"Miss Hyoyeon, I watched you grow up; of course, I know." He assured wisely. He always seemed so gentle and wise. Continuing his cleaning, Butler Chang left me with a sense that someone actually cared about me. I smiled and went upstairs. 

I'm assuming Yuri was in the study and I think Dad left for work. I made my way up the dark staircase and into my lonely room. Should I go to that dinner? I don't know. My mother wouldn't want me there; neither would Dad. I'm unsure about Yuri, but I get unwelcoming eyes from her. Will it upset my mother? What would they think if I suddenly took an interest in their business? How would they handle a situation like me?

I smiled devilishly; I asked myself the right question. I am going to that dinner.


---------------------------------------------

Jaejoong's POV

"Jaejoong, where did you just come from? Weren't you just in your room?"

"Uh-huh..."

"Jaejoong? What's wrong? Are you drugged?"

"Nope..."

"Then tell me what's going on with you?! You look dazed and slightly too happy, which is giving me the impression that you're on drugs."

"I'm not on drugs, Mom....." 

I felt so light, light like a cloud, floating carelessly in the sky. My mom's voice echoed in my head as she threw her questions to me. I stood with my back on the front door and my mother to my right, shaking my shoulders. 

"Yah! C'mon snap out of it! Aigoo..." She stopped shaking me and shuffles away into the kitchen. I could feel a permanent smile plastered on my face like a stiff toy piece. I just couldn't stop smiling. I sighed a dreamy sigh.

"This will wake you up..."Mom came back with bottle of some murky liquid. She pulled my jaw down and sprayed the liquid onto my mouth. 

"OH!" I squeezed my eyes and clench every muslce in my face because of the sour taste. "What was that for?!" I exclaimed. 


"For being weird and shady. Now hurry up. You got an interview with some magazine in an hour. Oh! And dinner with the Kim's at 6." Mom shuffled back into the living room and into the kitchen. I went upstairs and washed the extremely sour lemon taste out of my mouth. As I bent over my sink, scrubbing my tongue, she came to my thoughts once again. Her lips, her sensual hips, her stunning smile, her seductive personality, her luscious waves-- her everything. I could see myself doing everything with her. 

Hyoyeon

Although what I did was completely impulsive and instinct-controlled, I felt there was pure truth in my intentions. Or could it be Hyoyeon's resemblance to Jessica? I have stopped doing things like getting drunk everyday, running away from my problems, bringing random girls home, being a douche; but there's one thing that I haven't mastered or gotten past: falling for Jessica's type.

 I paused and placed my hands on the edges of the sink. I splashed some cool water onto my face and began changing into my semi-casual clothes for that interview for Korea's Time. I slipped into a pair of dark jeans, combat boots, a light-blue buttonup and a dark blue blazer. I stood in front of the full-body mirror. I straighten and smoothed out my clothes, dusting invisible lint here and there. I grabbed a pair of sunglasses sitting on my dresser and slid them on smoothly. 

Ding dong!

I stopped as I listened. Footsteps approached my room.

 
"Master Jaejoong?" A maid peeked from behind the door. I nodded and she let our guest in. Junsu. 

"Ah, Junsu. What's up? Why are you visiting me so early?" I asked whilst brushing my hair. I put the brush down and sipped on some water.

"You like Hyoyeon."

"UMph PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" I spat the water out of surprise. I coughed dramatically and gasped. Wiping my mouth, I cleared my throat and straighten up.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Junsu leaned in the doorway cooly with a smirk on his face. 

"Yes you do."

"No I don't."

"Yes you do."

"No I don't. "

"I can prove it."

"How? You have nothing on me, you can't prove anything." I stood my ground. 

"When the infamous Kim Jaejoong likes someone, he stutters like a fool. 'H-Hi I'm J-Jaejoong.' " He mimicked me.

"Dammit!" 

"Ah ha! You do like her! Muahahhaha!" Junsu whooped loudly.

"I DID NOT stutter yesterday!"

"You sure about that?"

"Yes, absolutely."

Junsu devishly whipped out of his phone and dialed a number; he pressed the speakerphone button. It rang. Changmin picked up. 

"Yeah, sup?" His voice was deeper over phone.

"Hey Changmin, show me how Jaejoong acted in front of Hyoyeon yesterday. " Junsu demanded with a chesire cat smirk.

"Ohhoh yeah!! Aw man, Jaejoong was soooo into Hyoyeon. He was all like, 'H-H-H-H-Hi, I'm J-J-J-Jaejoong' HAHAHA." His laughter blasted through the phone obnoxiously. I grabbed Junsu's phone and ended the call; Junsu was cracking up like crazy with tears coming out of his eyes. 

"Oh shut up, Dolphin ." 

"Oh but wait! There's more." He snatched his phone from my hands and dialed another number. He pressed the speaker phone once again and Yunho picked up.

"Hello, state your business." 

"Yah Yunho, remember how Jaejoong stuttered in front of Hyoyeon?" Junsu glanced at me, trying so hard to hold in his laughter. My cheeks burned and it was all hot under my clothes. 

"Oh! Yes of course. 'H-H-H-H-Hi I'm J-J-J-J-Jaejoong. hahhhah"Yunho let loose a deep laugh. 

Junsu ended the call and bursted with joy. 

"Oh my god, shut up! Get out!!!" I pushed him out my room and down the stairs.

"Wait Jaejoong, Jaejoongie! I love you, don't hate me! Hhahahah!!" I threw him out the door and slammed it shut. His laughter was still booming. I shook my head and leaned against the door. I groaned. The maid who let him in stood at the top of the stairs.

"So, was the girl who left this morning, Miss Hyoyeon?"

"Oh not you too."

------------------------------------------------


@vlaiyang: THANK YOU FOR READING HEHE :).

@Hyosookie: Ah I have been forgiven :3 :3 thanks :)