Chapter Three

Addiction

Hyoyeon's POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone beeping. I glanced at it reluctantly and propped myself up on my elbows. Shifting uncomfortably in my mini dress, I picked up my phone to check my messages. I got a text from Hyuna. 

Yah, Min got us into a celebrity club! Huhu~ How awesome is that? We might even see EXO and all those other hot guys. The gang and I will be picking you up..in a limo! Kekeke~

I giggled quietly reading her text. Hyuna is the most ual appealing one in our little group. When she steps into the room, guys swarm around her completely. I guess they can't resist her bright reddish/auburn hair, slender legs and seductive strut. Min and I are merely her image supporters. I checked the time. 2:00PM. 

What time?   I texted her. A few minutes later, I got a reply.

6:00! 

I carelessly threw my phone across my bed and got off to change my clothes. I changed into black leggings and a gray tank top. It wasn't too cold outside, it was actually warm. I went into the bathroom and splashed frigid water on my make up smeared face. I cleaned every bit of eyeliner off and exited my room. You see, the bathroom is in my room. 

I closed the door behind me and listened for voices. There were none. My parents probably went somewhere and as for my sister..she's probably studying at the library with her friends. I traveled down the stairs and into the massive kitchen. My bare feet slapped against the marble ground. I opened the junk food cabinet and found myself some instant ramen. I crack the package open. Butler Chang entered. 

I looked at him without any words then went back to cooking my ramen. 

"Miss Hyoyeon, those aren't healthy for you. Let me cook you a healthy meal, please. " I sighed a long breath. 

"It's fine Butler Chang, I can settle with this. " I sparked the fire on the stove. He looked at me sadly. I noticed. 

"Why are you so sad Butler Chang? " I asked out loud. Butler Chang lifted himself onto one of the stools. 

"It's just....you've been acting out ever since your mother cancelled your entrance to Julliard. I'm worried. " I paused a bit. I returned to stirring the ramen with chopsticks. silent.

"I'm fine Butler Chang. I'm having fun, that's all. "  

"Fun? Going to a club and not returning home after is just...very concerning for us all. " He said firmly. I slammed the chopsticks down. 

"Us? My parents do not worry about me Butler Chang. All they will  ever care about is Yuri and her success and happiness. " I switched the fire off and poured the noodles into a bowl. 

"That's not true." 

"Prove it. Give me proof that my mother doesn't regret having a child like me. " I spat before storming off into the dining room. I stopped, turned around, went to the wine cabinet, grabbed a bottle and then proceeded to my room. Butler Chang's gaze burned a hole into the small of my back. 


I angrily ate in my room. I was eating on the desk next to my bed. The soft light shined brightly against my wooden desk. The bottle of fine wine bathed in the sunlight. After I was done, I pushed the bowl away and popped the wine open. I didn't bother retrieving a cup or glass, I just drank straight from the mouth of the green bottle. The bitterness smoothed my frazzled head. My hangover was getting better. It's not like I was that drunk.

I took sips of the liquid, thinking ahout my parents. Why do they hate me so much? Is there something wrong with me? What have I done that was worthy of their hatred? Is it because I chose dance over education? Or is it because I'm nothing like Yuri? 

Hot tears streamed down my cheeks as I drank. I sighed deeply. I wiped my lips with the back of my hand. The liquid was churning inside me like a depression virus that wouldn't go away. I put the bottle down and stood up. The tears kept coming and coming. A lump formed in my throat making hard to breathe. I coughed and my tears jerked a little. I just sat and drank for about fifteen minutes. I sniffled loudly. My phone beeped again. Taemin sent me a text. 

Meet me @ Tous Les Jours in 5 yeah? 

I checked the time again; it was 3:30. I put some shoes on and a light white cardigan over my tank top. I smoothed it out and cleaned my tears before texting him back.

Alright, I'll see ya.

I analyzed my appearance and tear-stained face. I grabbed the wine bottle and took a long 'sip' from it then left. I'm sure Butler Chang will clean up my ramen for me. I shoved my phone into my buttpocket and stepped out of my room. I closed the door behind me and strided down the stairs. One of the maids bowed when she spotted me on the stairs; the maid was mopping and cleaning the antiques. I sent her a quick nod and left the god forbidden house. 

My white shoes contrasted with the dark pavement. Tous Les Jours is a local french bakery that's like a couple minutes from my house. I walked down the inside street and then turned to enter the bustling city streets. Cars were honking, people were dashing frantically, children were seen with their mother or father, food booths and carts were set at every corner, and chaos seemed to be replaying itself. But I liked it. It made me feel like I'm in a movie. 

I took two left turns and a right then I arrived. The place was so chipper and bright all the time. People who come are the regular type of stylish individuals; I wasn't one of them. I spotted Taemin inside He was sitting near the door, legs crossed, playing with his phone. His light brown bangs were swept to the side, white skin and pink lips were attracting the young school girls occupying the cafe. I sighed and went in. 

"Taemin. " I said once I was in. Taemin looked up with wide, anticipating eyes and smiled at me. He stood up.

"Hyoyeon noona! You're here." I sat down, across from him. I could feel the dirty glares of the school girls on my skin. 

"What did you want to see me about? " I asked, crossing my own legs. Taemin intertwined his fingers and looked at me meaningfully. I cocked an eyebrow and searched deeper into his eyes. A glint of lust flickered around his eye. I gasped inwardly. I cleared my throat and glanced around, letting my eyes wander.

"Does it have to do with the fact that I made out with you yesterday? " I guessed. Taemin smirked, his pink lips curving upwards. I chuckled. He leaned in. 

"Noona I have an offer to make you. " I mirrored him.

"What is it? " I lowered my voice. Taemin smirked again. He leaned in towards my ear. 

"Since we're both single right? I know we're not looking for anything serious or committed so how about we be ..friends..with benefits." The last word sent shivers down my spine.His breath tickled my ear so I pulled away. I coughed, feeling hotness reach my cheeks.

"Um..uh..I-I.." He shushed me with his smooth gaze. I suddenly felt exposed under his eyes. It's like he's mentally undressing me. The atmosphere shifted. 

"Are you silenced by guilt? " He sat back in his chair and looked at me arrogantly. Who does this guy think he is? Ugh. 

"No. My answer is no. " It was my turn to smirk arrogantly. 

"What? Why? " Taemin looked taken back. His eyes were wide with curiosity and confusion. I crossed my legs. 

"Well, in these types of situations, one of us will get hurt and if we do decide to become friends with benefits, I will assure you that I won't be the one getting hurt. " I lowered my voice and spoke roughly. He looked at me. Silence.

"How do you know for sure that I will be the one getting hurt? " 

"Trust me Taemin. I always leave a relationship unscarred whereas the other person...well, let's just say that other person will forever have a tattoo of pain on his heart. " I said coldly. Taemin's eyes turned hesitant. I smiled at him and placed a hand on his shoulder. 

"Run while you can Taemin. Don't fall into Noona's trap. " I stood up and petted his head. 

"See you later. " I left and began to strut the streets of the Seoul. My head throbbed slightly. I groaned. All the in my head plus Taemin's stupid offer. Who does he think he is? I'm no he can just screw around with. There's plenty of girls waiting in line for him. Why me? 


I headed to BB's Dance Studio to relieve some stress. Ever since my oh-so-good mother took away my dreams, I've been going to this place to dance. I just can't dance in the house. There are too many things I hate in that hell. Dance is the only thing that keeps me sane and without it, I might go crazy. When I dance, there is an unfathomable feeling that surges through me and it's addicting; the feeling of control, the seldom control over one's self, making a person feel alive. In other words, my whole body would be dead in the Han River, floating aimlessly if it weren't for dance. That would be a wholly promise. 

BB's Dance Studio was about ten minutes away so I took my time since I didn't have to be home until like 6:00. I made some friends at BB's Studio. Actually, that's where I met Min. 

I had been stressed and drunk that one day and decided to dance the depression away; when I stumbled into my usual room, I saw Min sessioning. I stood and watched for a couple of minutes until she noticed me, half drunk and smiling like a stupid idiot. Min smiled. 

"Yah, why are you going around, drunk? " Min had laughed. She patted my back and led me to sit down on the nearby benches. Apparently, I babbled about my personal problems then yacked on her shoes. That's what she told me; from there on, we were friends. It's been 3 months already. 

I fished my phone out of my pocket as I approached my usual studio. You see, BB's Studio has multiple studios within it; the whole building was wide and and a bit tall. It was taller than the other buildings on the street. My usual room was Studio H21. 

I peeked into the the studio and saw no one; I smiled with relief because if there were people here today, I would have been off-the-charts pissed. Oh, how I missed the smell of accomplished sweat and sentimental hardwork. 

I plugged my phone into the available speaker in the right corner of the room then began to stretch. My muscles expanded and blissfully relaxed once the music started. I was lost in my own world. 

That's the best part of being alone in a dance studio; You don't need to entertain a crowd, worry about how you look, care about anyone's feelings and, best of all, you can dance however you want; the world is yours 

The beat started and I was officialy lost. I released every bit of anger, stress, and conflict through movement. Although, it's an awesome way to relieve stress and relax, my conflicts never get resolved. It's sad and maddening.

My shirt was wet with perspiration. I could feel the fabric sticking to my back; it felt blissful. I assumed that I've been in there for at least an hour or two since the room was kind of hot, the mirror was slightly foggy and I was short of breath. I checked the time and it read 5:00. Right on time. Out of excitement, I ran home, dodging any obstacle. I jumped over baby carriages, twisted around people, and slid under metal railings. You can tell how excited I am right? 

Another night of dancing, booze, hot guys, and escaping reality? Count me in. 

--------------------------------------

Jaejoong's POV

"C'mon Jaejoong! Come with us! " Changmin begged with his praying hands. I rolled my eyes. 

"No. " 

"Please~ You gotta! " Junsu pouted. I chuckled at his attempted aegyo. 

"No. " 

"Yah, Jaejoong. You better go with us ...or else. " Yunho calmly stated, sipping his drink, his eyes in a magazine. I received a chill. 

"Alright alright, I'll go. " I assured everyone with a hesitant stare at Yunho. God, he scares me sometimes. Everyone cheered. We were in my room, just chilling. After my Vogue photoshoot, I called them together again since I had nothing to do. This is their suggestion of fun.

"Finally you're going to a club. It's been like forever since you partied." Yoochun grinned proudly at me. I shook my head. Bad memories were created at parties. 

"Well, why can't we just stay home and play Scrabble? " I suggested. They all looked at me like I was crazy; then they broke out in hard laughter. I threw my hands up, rolling my eyes. 

"You guys hate me. " I pouted and crossed my arms. I glared at them laughing their asses off.  Junsu ambled up to me and wrapped his arm over my shoulders. 

"You are so cute. Now, get dressed, we're going to a celebrity club. " He said. He slapped my back and shoved me into my spacious closet and slammed the door shut. I shook my head and put a black button up, black pants and these shiny Armani shoes. To top it off, I hung a gold chain off my neck. I checked myself out in the mirror and I looked good

I came out of that closet like a lion entering his kingdom. The boys whooped and wolf-whistled me. I popped my collar and smoothed out my sleeves. 

"Whoa Jaejoongie! I'd never thought I see you in these clothes again. Hhahaha! " Junsu laughed. Yunho's eyes scanned me. 

"I think it's illegal to be that hot. " He concluded, his lips curving into a smile making everyone explode with laughter, including me. I swear he's funny when he's not serious and mysterious. 

"This'll be like old times huh? " Yoochun went to my door and opened it. We all left with style in Yunho's car. Excitement buzzed in the car as we rode over to Club Low Point. I know it's a sleazy name.


With these clothes and the attitude, it reminded me of why I stopped partying so much: these kind of attractions lead to bad things. Nervousness ate me up during the ride to Club Low Point. What ifI get back into my old habit again? What if I get drunk, sleep with some , then wake up the next day not remembering anything? I remember the feeling; it was a bittersweet feeling. I wake up satisfied but it was so wrong. 

I remember meeting Jung Jessica for the first time. It was a Saturday night in Club Euk; I didn't drink that much..yet. I recall just flirting with her but she was so different from anyone I'd ever met; she had depth with her personality while everyone was just shallow and . It was the first time I'd open up about my feelings and problems to anyone. I couldn't believe she was just someone I'd met in some sleazy club.

Jessica was beautiful; her blonde hair luscious as grain fields dancing in the wind, slender model figure, big brown eyes that looked like they were dipped in chocolate milk, and her eyelashes were practically an accessory to her eyes, long and alluring. She had gentle, white skin to match her brown eyes, and small yet plump pink lips accompanied by a sweet smile. Different didn't even begin to describe her. 

Anyways, enough about her. I need to focus on having fun tonight but not too much fun. 


-----------

HEHEHE, hope you guys enjoyed.