...If I Asked...

Would You Love Me If...

 

6:20 PM

Kyuhyun was pacing on the pavement of the park. He was located in the middle where the fountain was located, sadly the water wasn’t active making the fountain seem deserted and uninviting. Still the lights of the park made up for the turned off water fountain. It made the park seem like something from a drama.

 

“Come on, what is taking them so long,” Kyuhyun harshly growled. He fixed his freshly bought tux for this occasion. He fixed his cuffs not wanting any stray wrinkles because one imperfection can ruin everything; well that’s what Kyuhyun thought. He started to click his black shoes on the pavement to get rid of the dirt on the bottom wanting to look presentable.

 

For hours Kyuhyun and some of the members were trying to plan this whole occasion. It probably started before Kyuhyun and Yesung decided to break up, which is a long time. The brown haired male had to keep everything a secret or else the surprise of it all would be ruined. The thing that surprised Kyuhyun the most was Yesung breaking up with him. Now that caught him off guard.

 

“Kyuhyun,” a harsh whisper was heard.

 

The man in the suit swerved his head trying to find the voice. “Who’s there,” Kyuhyun whispered into the dark.

 

“Kyu, behind the fountain,” the voice came again.

 

The singer of Super Junior turned around to see a familiar female peeking behind the wall of the fountain. Kyuhyun squinted a bit trying to figure out what she was doing there. It would look suspicious if someone were to come along at this moment.

 

“What the hell are you doing?” Kyuhyun crouched down behind the fountain. He was keeping his balance making sure that his tux wouldn’t touch the dirt ground. His eyes narrowed looking straight into the brown eyes of the woman in front of him, who was on all fours will a panic look in her eyes.

 

She gulped, “It’s broken...”

 

“BROKEN!”

 

6:45 PM

“Jong Jong.”

 

“Woon Woon.”

 

Yesung was hiding under his bed tightly holding a pillow close to his chest hiding his face into the fluffy object. His breathing was hitched, his eyes were closed tight only seeing darkness, and his body was frozen in fear hearing two distinct voices call out from somewhere in his parents house.

Alone.

 

The singer of Super Junior was all alone in his parents house. His family was off visiting some relatives for a small get together or something along those lines. Yesung was too tired to attend deciding to make a sandwich instead and watch some action movies. (He’s laying off the drama and romance for a bit longer). Everything seemed fine for awhile until a thump was heard upon one of the walls surrounding the house. More started to rain down and a sound of the window opening was heard.

 

Afraid it was a burglar or a chainsaw murderer, Yesung ran into his room, not without tripping on the way, and diving under the bed taking a pillow with him. He, like most people in his situation, was completely terrified. He’s heard things on TV and read about this happening in the newspaper but didn’t expect that it would happen to him.

 

“Where do you think he is?” man one spoke while opening a cabinet door hoping to find some food but ended up seeing piles of turtle food instead. It was nothing worth eating.

 

A sound glass breaking echoed out. “Maybe in his room. Um, what do I do with the cup? Jongwoon is going to be pissed if he saw the mess.”

 

“Well be careful next time idiot.”

 

“Shut up! You broke his bike in the garage anyways.”

 

“I wanted to ride it!”

 

“Be quiet monkey.”

 

“Just hurry up and find that weirdo. Kyuhyun is going to kill me if he isn’t there.”

 

A minute passed and Yesung realized the two people who broke into his house were two childish morons. With a glare set upon his pinkish face, he crawled out from under the bed muttering incoherent curse words. He opened his door with a slam scaring the two people in his house.

 

Yesung stood in the living room with his arms cross with a death stare landing on Donghae and Eunhyuk, both had pieces of the broken cup. The two young members had fear and surprised written on their faces but tried to smile anyways.

 

“Um, Kyuhyun wanted... you?” both of the dancers spoke looking upon the angry blonde male. They knew what was coming and so they didn’t waste anytime.

 

Eunhyuk and Donghae ran out of the door with a angry Yesung running behind them yelling about paying for the broken cup and bike.

 

7:12 PM

Two figures were huddled together with a small green box. One was cursing profusely not caring if the other was telling him to calm down and relax. Kyuhyun was in no mood to stay calm as things were already progressing. Everything was planned and now that it was broken, everything seemed to be pointless and a waste of time.

 

“Why don’t we use a hot glue gun?”

 

“Oh yeah sure. Let me just get my hot glue gun from my pocket that I carry everywhere.”

 

“Well at least I’m thinking of something!”

 

The female huffed in annoyance seeing the brown haired male trying to put the two golden pieces back together. It was quite comical but the two pieces wouldn’t stay together without something holding it. The female sat crisscrossed trying to think of a way to fix this situation.

 

Kyuhyun was starting to sweat finding it hard to fix such a little item. He played puzzle games always finding the answers to the most difficult questions. He would finish them in a day or two never really having any problem. Hell, it was all too easy for GameKyu. But this was reality. And reality .

 

“Gum?” the haired female suggested already running out of ideas. It was already too late to get it fixed with the blonde male probably on his way over there.

 

Giving up, Kyuhyun decided to just try gum. Finding some wasn’t hard, sticky gum of all colors can be found anywhere around the park. Yes it was disgusting but the singer had no choice. He needed it fix and so that’s what he did.

 

“It looks good as new!”

 

“You’re a terrible liar.”

 

7:25 PM  

Dammit! I lost them. Yesung thought as he stopped to catch his breath from running such a long distance. He ran after them for about four or six blocks before he had finally lost the two troublemakers. He was just glad that those streets were under repairs letting passing cars find another route. Without that, fans would be chasing him too.

 

Throughout the whole chase, the blonde singer kept yelling about knocking or calling first instead of breaking in. It was considered illegal and inconsiderate. Even though Yesung was saying some truthful facts the two dancers kept saying that they were just trying to get his attention.

 

In the end, Yesung ended up at the park.

 

“Eunhyuk! Donghae! I swear you two are...” Yesung swore he could hear someone laugh from a distance. His eyes scanned around his surroundings hoping the two children will pop out of nowhere. Yesung was prepared for a long discussion with them.

 

An acorn had suddenly hit the blonde causing him to turn around quickly still seeing nothing.

 

I know they’re here somewhere. Yesung glared around and marched the pathway where he felt the acorn hit his back. Little did he know that he will end up at the water fountain.

 

7:31 PM

“Dammit. He was suppose to be here by now.”

 

“I’m surprised that you trusted Eunhyuk and Donghae enough for this job.”

 

Kyuhyun glared at the tree knowing that the female was hiding behind it. He wanted to say some foul insults but controlled his anger reminding himself that he must focus one thing at a time. He was focusing on the horribly repaired jewelry and the fact that Yesung would soon arrived... Kyuhyun hoped.

 

Carefully the brown haired male patted his suit pocket feeling the lump. It brought him comfort yet it made him nervous. The jewelry inside seemed to feel heavier with every minute passing by. Each time Kyuhyun moved, a heavy ball seemed to be chained on his leg. Sweat was forming faster upon the singer’s forehead.

 

Kyuhyun’s shaking hands took out the box wanting to see the golden object again. It barely shone and it was terribly put together. A sudden sound of a twig breaking of in the distance caused Kyuhyun to drop the piece of jewelry onto the stone ground.

 

As soon it fell onto the floor below, the singer crouched down with trembling fingers seeing two parts of the ring broken.

 

“Let me help.” the female came over picking up one of the halves. Both figures were quickly trying to put the pieces together again with one looking for a piece of gum off the floor.

 

“Is this another joke? Is this another one of your stupid test?” a low husky voice spoke out causing Kyuhyun to still. He was afraid to look directly at the voice knowing who it was. He knew he would see the other male’s hurt look in his eyes, but even though, Kyuhyun looked up to see Yesung.

 

Just a few feet away, the blonde singer stood there with a clenched jaw set upon his face. Kyuhyun was right, there was a look of hurt and pain in those dark brown eyes. Yesung didn’t know what to do. All he could do was stand there with the younger male dressed so fancy and a pretty young female.

 

Kyuhyun quickly stood up. “T-this isn’t what it looks like! Trust me!”

 

Yesung looked away not trusting himself to talk. He walked away trying to leave the image and the man he stilled loved behind him. He wanted to leave and probably lock himself away crying to sleep. The blonde thought he was done with all this but in truth, he never was.

 

“Go after him.” the girl on the ground muttered looking at her pale hands. She felt awfully guilty thinking everything was all her fault. Maybe she should've stayed behind the tree or just get one of the Super Junior members to bring the precious jewel.

 

Taking the female’s advice, Kyuhyun ran over to the blonde standing in front of him. Yesung looked away staring at a stray weed sprouting from the crack on the ground.

 

“Just listen. That’s all you have to do.” Kyuhyun wasted no time in explaining himself. He explained that the girl was just a friend. That’s all she ever was. Everything was a misunderstanding, a terrible understanding that got out of control. Kyuhyun also apologized for acting upon the note he had sent to Yesung months before.

 

Yesung just stood there and finally glanced over to the brown haired singer. His eyes were blank but Kyuhyun could swear he was a tint of happiness and hope.  He just wished that the blonde would realized that Kyuhyun had made the biggest mistake of his life.

 

“The only reason why I have done this was because I wanted to test how much would you tolerate me. I see I went to far. I wanted to know if you were ready but I was the one who wasn’t ready. But I hope now you’ll see my intentions clearly.”

 

Kyuhyun put one knee on the ground and held out the broken ring on his palm. It was too late to back away now. He wanted it done and over with. This wasn’t the way it was suppose to go but it was better late than never. Kyuhyun wanted one thing to come true though.

 

“Um, w-will you marry me?” Kyuhyun spoke uncertain afraid of the other’s reaction. Kyuhyun looked up to see the blonde caught in surprise almost tripping over his own feet. His hands covered his gaping mouth with his eyes wide open. The scene would be classified as a stereotypical Korean drama, or any romance drama.

 

The female looked up to see the scene before her. All she was, was the wedding planner, even though Kyuhyun and Yesung aren't officially engaged yet. She knew though that they would be together. It was hard to believe otherwise especially the way Kyuhyun would talk about Yesung.  She decided to leave quietly knowing very well that she’ll get a call from Kyuhyun sooner or later.

 

“No.”

 

Kyuhyun almost fell onto the floor face first hearing the blonde mutter those words from behind his hands. The brown haired male could feel his heart dropped and break into thousands of pieces. His hands shook violently dropping the broken ring. The clang of the object pierced through his ears. He could feel a stinging pain in his chest and his eyes.

 

The older male kneeled down picking up the ring and putting it back into the younger’s trembling cold hands. He held them for a while tightening his hold. Yesung had a small smile gracing his lips then let go of Kyuhyun’s hands and placing them on the other’s shoulders.

 

Kyuhyun looked into Yesung’s eyes  about to say something until soft rough lips met with his peeling pale ones. It seemed desperate and needing. The gamer couldn’t help but let a small tear escape the corner of his eye already feeling the weight of sorrow upon him. As soon as Kyuhyun was going to kiss deeper, Yesung let go.

 

“I’m not marrying you until you prove to me how much you love me.” Kyuhyun waited. “Buy me another ring and try this again without the misunderstandings.” Kyuhyun nodded.

 

Yesung hugged the younger male clutching him like he was the thing that kept him alive, but Kyuhyun was one of the reason why the blonde singer still tolerated him. It’s going to take a while until the two males would be okay then but for now, Yesung just wanted to comfort the younger.

 

“I love you.” That’s all Kyuhyun need to hear. He sunk into Yesung’s chest, both males kneeling on the ground hugging without saying a word because both knew what the other was thinking.

 

 


A/N UGH! This is so damn corny I had to stop and think of what I have done. I’m terrible at fluff and cute things. I’m sorry for this...But I must admit I like it.