CHAPTER 1: HEAVY HEART

KhunToria on MBC's "Radio Star"

 

Nichkhun’s POV

 

I feel unease today. I can’t focus on workout. I don’t know why. Taec keep bugging me to avoid me from space out. Thanks to him, I begin to focus on my work out activity. We need to work out so that we can keep our stamina while performing on the stage. Who doesn’t know us? The BEAST idol..kekeke.. I laughing to myself everytime I think about the nickname that we get from fans. Sometimes we get call as a BEAST only, not BEAST IDOL. But, we don’t mind it at all because it’s show the affection from our fans towards us. If we’re a BEAST, we’re a HANDSOME&HOT beast. Is it I’m right? Hehe..

 

Finished practicing with 50 kg Barbell and Dumb bell set, I move towards the treadmill. I walk slowly and keep increasing the speed. The sweats form all around my body. I keep run nonstop for thirty minutes with high speed. I maintain the pace without running out of breath. I remember when I first join JYP, there’s a lot of people tease me because I have a skinny body and skinny leg. They often think of me as a cute boy and also being known with the usual delicate and soft images.

 

But tell you what, nowadays there’s a lot of people admire my body with those perfect chocolate abs, they said it overflowed with a tough and manly appeal. I feel proud with myself. Seems like I’m always praise myself? Not really, the other people said so too. Let me tell you, you know Bekah from Afterschool? She’s admitting on the radio interview that she thinks I’m becoming more charming rather than only cute before this. She’s seemed regret for not accepting my rose on that Idol Army show. Well, what can I say, I admit that I’m not into body build before but I don’t want people think that I’m just a cute boy without manly side. That’s why I work out to tell them that I’ve the manly charming.

 

 

30 minutes later I push the stop button and get down from the treadmill. Other members had already head towards the washroom to freshen their body before we go back to our dorm. I sit down and waiting for my turn to freshen up. While waiting for my turn, Jo Kwon who happens to work out with us ask me to take a picture together and I just agree to it.

 

 

After taking a picture, I play a game on my blackberry to kill the times. I keep playing until Junho tap my shoulder signaling me to enter the washroom. 

 

Minjae hyung had already waiting for us in the van. Our manager is really punctual, we respect him and call him as hyung and we bonded like brother more than relationship between manager and artist. As always, Taec will struggle to get the front seat and he always win. I sat myself beside the window and pull out my earphone to hear the music from my phone. It’s my style whenever I want to rest after the tiring work out. But, before I manage to pluck the earphone into my ears, Minjae’s word crash into my eardrums and the name he mention stab my heart.

 

“Khun, you got to attend MBC’s Radio Star next week. Victoria will be in that show’s too.” Minjae keep talking but I can’t hear anything at all. I lost on my own thought.

 

**********

 

Days come by really fast. Today is the day for Khuntoria to appear in MBC’s Radio Star show. They’re great response towards the news about Khuntoria meet each other after a long time they ended their virtual marriage in We Got Married. The fans are going crazy and really looking forward to see them together. There’s some of the fan that want them to be a real couple. While fans seem so excited about their appearance in this show, it’s the other way around for Nichkhun. He’s feeling restless for this whole weeks trying to think how he should act when he see Victoria again. It’s kind of awkward for him to pretend lovey dovey with Victoria after what happened right after WGM final episode recording. But, he knows he did not get other choice; as he needs to put aside his feeling and entertain his fans. The question now, is he capable to do it? Can he pretend like nothing happened? Nichkhun take a deep breath and let out a long sigh, with hope that all this uneasy feeling he feels right now will go away. He wake up from his bed and grab the towel. He needs to get ready as the matter of fact, he had only one and a half hour before the show start. He turns on the shower and let his body relax by the warm water.

 

Finished showering, Nichkhun head to his closet and pick a simple white shirt and a pair of blue jeans. He’s wearing simple attire as he doesn’t think to make a good impression upon seeing Victoria today. It’s different from when he’s in WGM, he will pick his outfit carefully and even spending a lot of time to make sure he looks charming just to impress Victoria. Now it’s a whole different story, tired of thinking how he should react when seeing her again, he just decide to just go with the flow.

 

“I don’t think she’s looking forward to this meeting. After all I’m just his virtual husband, and it had ended long time ago. It’s just one sided love. So, Nichkhun, cheer up, forget about the past. There’s a lot of girl out there” Nichkhun mumbling to himself while looking to his reflection on the mirror. He fixing his hair for the last time before grabbing his backpack that he had put all his personal stuff in. His phone suddenly beeps signaling the incoming message. He reaches out the phone that he place on the bed and read the message.

 

From: Minjae Hyung

“I’m waiting outside”

 

 Nichkhun make his way out from his dorm and head towards the van. Other members get their own personal activity today. Only he had a schedule, but they promised to hang out together this evening after Nichkhun finished recording this show. They usually did that when they had free time, they will use the time to hang out together, going for a big treat, play games and etc. They call it “2PM bonding time”. They really close to each other, not only when the camera’s on only. They’re like brothers to Nichkhun. Nichkhun regarded them as his second family in Korea.

 

“Hi hyung” Nichkhun greet Minjae.

 

“Morning Khun. You look tired today. Don’t get nice sleep last night?” Minjae ask as he began to drive slowly.

 

“Anniyo, I just get nervous hyung. It’s been a long time since I appear on the variety show. You know that right?” Nichkhun give Minjae an excuse. He doesn’t want to let Minjae knows that he actually can’t sleep last night. He keeps shifting on his bed but his eyes can’t seem to close. A lot of things come on his head. He hates it. When the clock shows to 5 in the morning he manages to get some sleep until the alarm beeping around 7 am. Thanks to that, now he got cold in a middle of summer. Funny, right?

 

 “Khun, why are you wearing just a simple outfit? Don’t tell me you not excited to see Victoria” Minjae joking with him.

 

“I just feel to wear this hyung. You know sometimes the simple is the nicer” Nichkhun answered him and give a bitter smile but Minjae do not see it. After that they both keep silent and enjoy the music from the radio.

 

The journey takes around 45 minutes until he reach the MBC’s building. Minjae ask him to get in first while he’s going to park the van. Nichkhun just nodded and walk in to that building. He pressed the lift button and wait for the lift door to be open. While waiting for the lift, several worker walk pass him and he greets them all by saying “anneyonghaesayo” and bowing a little. There’s some of them use the chance to ask for his autograph and he willingly give it to them. He’s really well-mannered and being known as one of the artist that have kind attitude in handling his fans.

 

“Ding” the lift open and Nichkhun enter the lift followed by several workers behind him.

 

He pressed the 20th button and stand still. He chats with the workers to chase his boringness. After a while, the lift reaches the 20th floor and Nichkhun get out from the lift and waving to the others that still in the lift before walking.

 

He is greeted by the crew of the shows that ask him to follow the makeup artist to the makeup room. He followed the person and sit on the chair in front of a large mirror. It seems like he’s the only one that had arrived first. He wants to ask the makeup artist, but he doesn’t want the makeup artist to think that he’s trying to seek information about Victoria. If the things gone out in the internet, it will create a headline for Khuntoria and he’s tired of it. He’s aware that he often showed his affection to his virtual wife whenever he’s attending a variety shows. He doesn’t want to give the fans a fake feelings and let them believed that Khuntoria is real even though he knew that there’s a lot of fan that shipper them. It makes him feel guilty to the fans, but he can’t do anything. It’s true for himself, his feeling is real but it seems that it’s not for Victoria.

 

“All done”. The makeup artist voice woke Nichkhun up. He shook his head left and right several times before thanks the makeup artist.

 

“You know that you still look handsome and charming even though you just wear really simple attire today” Nichkhun turn around and saw the makeup artist smile to him before she left. Nichkhun just thanks her again and throw a smile. Several minutes later, Minjae come in to the room and ask Nichkhun to follow him. He wants to introduce Nichkhun to the PD and the other crew. It’s a normal thing to do before a recording. Nichkhun will greet the crew production so that they can work together easily. It also helps him to feels calm to know what the PD wants him to do and so on.

 

After a briefing from the PD, Nichkhun had being asked to wait in the waiting room and eat his breakfast as the show will only start around 20 minutes later. Nichkhun see some of the staff brings a breakfast for him on the way to the waiting room. Before reaching the waiting room, Minjae excuse himself as he said that he had something else to do. Nichkhun nodden and then continue his walk. The waiting room is side by side with makeup room, Nichkhun bumped to Harley on his way. He greet him as Harley is just finished his makeup. Nichkhun then ask him to come along for breakfast and Harley agreed to it. There are a several steps away before they reach the waiting room. Suddenly a familiar voice from inside can be heard by Nichkhun.

 

“Oppa, promise me you’ll not go hard on me okay? You know that I’ve not appear in the variety shows for quite a while now” the female voice can be heard. It’s full with aegyo.

 

“Anni..I’ll go easy with you. Don’t worry” The male voice said.

 

“Promise me, or otherwise you’ll know what I’ll do. Kekeke.” The female voice answered again and laugh with the irresistible aegyo. Her weird laugh can be said that many men will fall for.

 

Nichkhun knows who the owner of the voice is. He tries to calm himself and open the door. Harley enter the room first when he notice that Nichkhun seems to space out.

 

“Keep your calm Nichkhun. You’ve get over of it already. Don’t show your weakness to someone who’s not worth it.” Nichkhun mentally said to himself.

 

He tighthen his grip on the door paddle and walk in. not to forget, he plastered a beautiful smile on his face. Smile is a strong weapon to kill your enemies sometimes, same goes to silent. You just need to use it wisely.

 

As Nichkhun enter the room, all the head on that room turn to him. It includes the male and the female owner of voice earlier. Nichkhun keeps smiling.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo”

 

He said with a cheerful voice while bowing to other guest in front of him.

 

“Oh, Nichkhun-shi, take a sit please. We’ll begin around 15 minutes. Make sure you get a time to stuff your stomach” the staff that just finished setting up a breakfast for him said with smile. He nodded and makes his way to the empty seat next to Harley.

 

“It’s been a long time to see you Nichkhun-shi”

 

***********************************************************************

 

Hi guys, first chapter up. I’ve decided to make this a short story rather than one shot. Maybe it will be around 5-10 chapter max, depend on the respond. Don’t forget to subscribe and comment. I’m open to hear your opinion.

 

P/s:: If you guys have a time, please check out my other ongoing fanfic: Is it right to love?

Thanks for reading..Take care.^_^

Update on 5th November 2012. 4.30pm