Chapter One: The day that changed our lives forever.

I Promise To Love You, Changjo! ((A Teen Top Love Story))

 

Chapter One: We'll get out of this.

 

Sydney's POV:

 

Every single morning that I wake up I try and think of how I am going to get my adopted sister and I out of the mess that we are currently tangled up in. We are have both been foster children since we were of very young ages, and have never seen our parents, or even a nice adoptive family. We were adopted together when we were only 6 years old, and we have been with the same family ever since. This family is abusive, loud, and very annoying. The couple that adopted us are very sweet, understanding people, but they are never home. Instead, a few of the older kids they had adopted watch us, all of us. In total there is about 22 people in the house when the parents are home.

 

A lot of people dream of having a big family to live with, where Christmas and other holidays would fill the whole house with excitement and where the kitchen would be absolutely full of people every morning, where you'd never be singled out, and you'd always have one person that loves you. Luckily I have two of those four things, but the rest to me are all myths. Every single morning my kitchen is extremely full, and I do at least have one person that always cares about me, Jenny.

 

Jenny is the best sister I could ever ask for. She's younger than me so I'm more protective of her than she is of me, but she does watch out for me. I don't really mind being the protective older one, because it just fits my personality more and doesn't really come to bother me. Recently I have been saving for Jenny and I to move. We are not of age, but we just planned on finding roommates that didn't mind. We had finished all of our schooling early, back in America, and then we were flown back again to live with our adopted family once more in South Korea. I wasn't planing on going back to the US, I honestly didn't like it much, so I was planing to look for someone needing a roommate in Seoul. I had finally found an ad in the newspaper, and our adopted parents said they'd pay for our part of the rent, so we were finally free to leave. Our adoptive parents understood what happened to us every time they were gone.

 

When they would leave we would get both mentally and physically abused, so they agreed that we should find a better place for us to live. I was glad when the day finally came when I woke up and finally felt a small since of being safe. I was sad when Jenny's scream ruined that. Jumping up quickly, I ran towards her room to see what was going on. There was a loud crash and I knew what was happening before I opened the door. One of the older boys was abusing her. I tossed the door open and ran in, putting myself in the place of a moving fist.

 

"You brat get out of my way! You're supposed to be next. These are your goodbye gifts." He tried to push me out of the way but I kicked him in a certain unwanted place. He backed up, bending over. This worked every time so I wondered why they didn't just learn their lesson and protect themselves better. I sighed and helped Jenny up from the floor.

 

"Don't worry sis. . . That should be the last time either of us get messed with by them." I tried to assure my barley younger sister. She nodded, wiping the tears from her face and steading out her legs so she could walk on her own. We heard the car horn outside and happily began to hurriedly get our things. This honk was the signal of arrival from our parents who would be driving us to Seoul to meet our new roommates. When we had grabbed our bags we met at the bottom of the stairs, then, without telling any of our annoying, adopted, siblings bye, we ran out to the car together.

 

"Morning Appa! Morning Umma!" Jenny said, as she climbed in the car, me following behind her.

 

"Good morning girls." Our adopted father said, turning the heater up to replace the cold air we had let in with some nice, warmer air. My fears of my siblings changed to nervousness about our new roommates. They had seemed like really nice people. All I knew was they were hair stylists for some Korean interview show. Jenny and I were both into the pop culture the music here had, so we new a lot of bands, and were excited to hear who they had met.

 

"Do you girls have everything?" Our mom asked. It was nice when we were alone with our adopted parents. They never did anything to be harsh or mean, and seemed to do nothing but care about us. But they were always busy with work, so being with them was very rare.

 

"Ye.'" I smiled. Jenny agreed and looked out the window as we drove, I could tell she was just as nervous as I was, so I took her hand to help her confidence. She smiled without looking at me, and then slowly fell asleep halfway there. Removing my hand from hers, I pulled out my ipod and began listening to K-pop until I fell asleep, too. When I was awoken by Jenny, we were pulling into a driving lot for a neighborhood. "Oh! Are we here?" I clapped, then rubbed my eyes to clear my vision out more.

 

"Ye! Isn't it exciting?" She cheered, looking around quickly. I laughed and copied her actions. All the homes were beautiful, and I felt safe just looking at it. We pulled up in front of the house that held the address we had been given. Two girls were sitting on the porch, wrapped in sweaters, waiting for us. I liked them already. I'd like anyone who sat out in the cold waiting for me. They were both very beautiful, and I smiled more when they hurried to help with our luggage.

 

"Annyeong!" They said in unison. We greeted them back.

 

"My name is Hana!" The first girl introduced herself, and shook hands with me, and then also with Jenny.

 

"I'm Leena." The other girl said, also shaking our hands. We introduced ourself, said goodbye to our adoptive parents, and followed them into the house. It was just like I expected it to be from looking outside. Every room was kept nicely, and everything was kept to match what was around it.

 

"This will be your guy's room." Hana said, opening a door and moving so we could quickly relieve ourselves of our luggage. The room was painted a light lavender color with a white curtain running down the middle to separate the two beds.

 

"The curtain should be thick enough to block if one of u has a light on." Leena explained, pushing it back out of the way to give view to the whole room.

 

"I call the side with the window!" I cheered, I knew Jenny wouldn't want it anyway. With how the boys at the house treated her, and how once they sneaked in the window, she didn't like having a window by her bed. I on the other hand, loved it.

 

"So do you guys listen to any Korean music?" Hana asked, as they watched us unpack. I was glad that they were already trying to start up common interests.

 

"Ye! We love it." Jenny replied with a large smile. I was glad she was coming out of her shell. Normally she was extremely outgoing and super funny but the past month she had kinda built a wall to try and protect herself.

 

"Do you guys happen to know Teen Top?" Leena asked. We both looked up quickly. Teen Top had always been our favorite band.

 

"Ye!!" I clapped.

 

"They're our absolute favorite!" Jenny added excitedly. Both Hana and Leena chuckled.

 

"Then would you two like to meet them? They are being filmed tomorrow so we get to work on them, you two are always welcome to join." Hana suggested, and Leena was quick to agree.

 

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" I yelled, Jenny looked at me and we began to squeal.

 

"As long as you don't loose your cool and like attack them when you meet them, then yeah." We all laughed.

 

"We'll be calm, we promise, right Sydney?" I sighed and agreed with Jenny.

 

"We'll be nice." I laughed. Now I was even more excited about this move. The change was fast but amazing. To think this morning we were getting abused, and now we had been invited to meet our all time favorite band. Even though we knew that they worked with these bands all the time, we didn't expect we would ever get to meet one. But here we were, already trying to figure out what to wear.

 

"Who's your bias?" Leena asked with a smile, interested.

 

"Mine is Ricky..." Jenny admitted with a smile.

 

"Mine is Changjo." I giggled. The looked at each other and smiled. 

 

-------------------------------

YAH DX I'm such a failure D: Ugh this !! I tried though okay, and Teen Top should be in the next chapter :) I'm already working on it. . . Maybe I can get it up tonight!!:D that'd be amazing. . . how do you guys like the chapter length? I'm trying to decide how big or smalls the chapters should be. :) I kinda like this length which is around 3-4 pageson the typing program I use, ((OpenOfficePro)) :) okay, feedback is much wanted!! :D