Chapter 6

Remembering You

 

A week had passed since you had taught Daehyun how to make pancakes. Daehyun was less distant and colder towards you, and it was a good start.

Every day, Daehyun would be in the kitchen making more pancakes without you realizing. He practiced every chance he got. Basically every time he was hungry. The strange part was that he was never sick of pancakes. He ate them every day but…he never got sick of them.

 

You were in your room folding the laundry when your phone rang and you looked at the caller ID. HyeSun.

“Hello?” you said.

“Oh hello Han-ah,” she replied. “I just wanted to tell you that I am going to be on a break this week starting from tomorrow and I just wanted to notify you that I will be taking care of Daehyun from now on,” she said.

You almost dropped your phone. **My last day with Daehyun? Today?**

“Hello? Han-ah?”

“Y-Yeah, alright. I-I’ll be sure to tell Daehyun that,” you said.

“Oh can you tell me your address as well? I’ll be there around 10 AM,” she said. You told her your address slowly, not wanting to give away the most important information.

“Alright, thanks so much,” she said and hung up.

You dropped to the ground and your heart felt so heavy. **I spent so much time with him that I almost forgot that he isn’t mine anymore…**

You looked down at the ring as a tear slid down. You felt like someone had just punched you and woke you to reality. You weren’t alone with Daehyun. Daehyun isn’t yours anymore…he’s taken by someone else now. Someone that loves him, and probably someone he loves back.

After you managed to calm down, you decided to go on a picnic with Daehyun to spend the last few hours with him. You were packing food, drinks, fruits (a lot of strawberries), and a blanket to sit on. You closed the basket and went up stairs to change. Daehyun suddenly appeared and put in a box of pancakes inside the basket. He had prepared some extra pancakes when you told him you were going to have a picnic with him. He quickly closed it and walked away as if nothing had happened.

When you had finally come down stairs, you took the basket in your hands and called out to Daehyun.

“Daehyun! Come on!” you shouted.

Daehyun appeared and the both of you started walking side by side as you left the mansion.

 

You decided to take Daehyun the place where you had the most memorable times, the playground near the sea. It was where the both of you had confessed to one another, the place where B.A.P took the time to re-build your playground, the place where you had the the best celebration...the place where you first kissed Daehyun. It was all so special to you; you just couldn’t help but bring him there. It was your last option…and you hoped it would work.

You walked in silence with Daehyun by your side. It wasn’t as awkward as you thought it would be. In fact, you were okay with it.

 

“Here we are,” you said as you faced backward towards the sea and spread your arms open. “Welcome to my second home,” you smiled.

Daehyun looked around, but didn’t see anything so special about it.

You quickly opened the basket and took out the blanket. You unfolded it and spread it across the sand. You sat down and patted the seat next to yours.

“Sit,” you simply said.

Daehyun sat down on the blanket as you began to go through the basket and get out all the food. You stopped when you took out the box of pancakes. Your eyebrows furrowed from confusion.

“I don’t remember making this,” you muttered. You looked at Daehyun but he was staring at the sea.

You shrugged and laid it out on the blanket. You took out some plates and utensils as well. You opened the containers of fruits and food.

“Eat,” you said and began to put food on his plate. You handed it to him and he began to eat. You did the same and chewed slowly as you watched him eat.

“I just wanted to tell you that I am going to be on a break this week starting from tomorrow and I just wanted to notify you that I will be taking care of Daehyun from now on,” she said.

Those words haunted your thoughts ever since she hung up. It just stayed engraved in your head. No matter how much you tried to forget about it and enjoy your time with Daehyun, it just wouldn’t disappear.

Daehyun stopped eating and noticed how distracted you looked today. You were usually bubbly and all happy, taking every chance to talk about something. But today, you barely touched your food and only stared out at the sea.

Suddenly, you began to speak.

“Daehyun…how do you feel about this place?” you asked, not taking your eyes off of the sea.

Daehyun stopped eating and looked at you. You finally looked at him straight in the eye and he swore, he could see tears b in your eyes. Daehyun thought about it and said quietly, “It’s peaceful here.”

“Is that it?” you muttered quietly.

“Yeah, why?” he asked.

“N-Nothing,” you said and sniffled a bit. “It must be getting colder,” you chuckled weakly. Daehyun knew you were keeping something from him, but he didn’t know what. Suddenly, something shiny caught his eye. It was the ring on your finger.

“Who gave you that ring?” Daehyun asked.

Your body tensed as you stared down at the ring. You carefully took it off and showed it to Daehyun. He took it and observed it. “Someone special gave it to me. Someone special that is with me physically, but not spiritually and emotionally,” you said with a dazed look. You cleared your throat and took back the ring.

“We should go,” you said. “It’s getting darker now,” and quietly began to clean up everything. Daehyun just sat there and stared at you in confusion. You always had that effect on him; he is never able to understand you. It’s as if you knew more than he did, but you choose not to share it to him.

He quickly began to help as well and began to walk back. You continued walking dazed. Daehyun suddenly stopped and stared back at the playground for a few seconds.

 “Daehyun! You coming?” you called out. Daehyun turned around and saw you waving your arm in the air. He nodded and walked faster to catch up with you.

When the both of you had finally arrived home, it was already dark outside. You quickly headed up stairs and closed your door. You jumped onto your bed and began to weep.

**It didn’t work…there’s nothing that I can do now…nothing! My last chance…option is blown. I’ll never be able to get back his memories now**

 

Daehyun was in his room thinking. He felt so…calm at the sea and…what words were there to describe how he felt. Home? He didn’t know, but he was very curious about your ring. He had noticed how D♥H were engraved on it. For some reason, he felt warmth spread up his body when you said someone special had given it to you. But he didn’t understand one thing. What did you mean about the person being there physically but not spiritually and emotionally? He was baffled by your comment. **She didn't even get a chance to try my pancakes...**

 

 

It was the next morning and it was the day you dreaded most. The day you were going to have to separate from Daehyun. You didn’t say a word to him or even look at him, because you were afraid you were going to break down in front of him. Suddenly, the doorbell rang and you swallowed. You slowly opened the door and came face to face with a smiling HyeSun.

“Hi Han-ah,” she beamed. “Is Daehyun awake?”

“Y-Yeah, he’s up stairs,” you said. She followed you to his room and you knocked. Daehyun immediately opened the door and was shocked to see HyeSun.

“Hi Daehyun!” she said and hugged him. Daehyun was still shocked and did not move. HyeSun peeked into his room and frowned. “How come you didn’t pack yet.” Daehyun looked at you and you looked away.

**That’s why she was so quiet and hesitant yesterday…she knew this was coming…** Daehyun thought. **She doesn’t want me here…** He looked away and began to pack. After 15 minutes, he had everything packed and was ready to go.

“Alright, thanks again Han-ah!” HyeSun shouted before entering her car. You stood by the door and watched as Daehyun entered the car without saying a good bye. They drove off as you stood by the door.

“I’m sorry,” you muttered as a tear slid down your face and you closed the door.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi BABY’s ^^

Aren’t you happy :D this chappie is the longest so far ^^ and the saddest >.>

I’m sorry to leave you guys with a cliffhanger again for either a week or a few days before I update again :(

But I promise I’ll update ASAP when I’m free >:)

Love you!~ ^^

-iHartCupcakes :)