Chapter 19

Remembering You

 

*POP*

“Congratulations!”

You laughed as Alice poured some wine for the nurses and doctors that had helped with MiLin’s surgery. You had finished yet another successful surgery and MiLin was going to go home within a week and live the life a teenager was supposed to.

“How do you feel?” Alice asked.

“Well I was really nervous before, but I think I’m much happier right now,” you said.

“Great, cause tonight, we are going to party all night long,” she laughed and began to drink some of her wine. You gave a weak smile and took a sip of your Sprite. You laughed and chatted with everyone, but never danced or sang. You ate some of the food but wasn’t hungry.

Your visions became blurry and you closed your eyes. **I think I’m getting dizzy** you thought. You rubbed your temples to relax your muscles, but it wasn’t helping. You felt the room spin and you got up.

“Han-ah! Where are you going?” Alice asked.

“Just to the bathroom,” you said. You left the noisy room and headed towards the empty bathroom. You opened the faucet and splashed your face with cold water to wake yourself up. You stared at yourself in the mirror.

You touched your cold, wet cheek, “I’m so pale…” you whispered.

“Ah!” you cried and dropped onto the floor as you felt pain sear through your head. You gave a raspy breath as you curled up into a ball. You suddenly felt really cold and you began to shiver. Your lips became dry and you became to heat up.

**What’s wrong with me?** you thought as you shivered. You felt really sleepy and your throat felt completely dry, making it hard for you to swallow. You began to breathe heavily with your mouth as sweat began to form at the top of your forehead.

Your mind suddenly flashed to the scene during the surgery.

"Are you really sure about this?" she asked with concern in her eyes.

You nodded and hugged her. "Everything's going to be fine," you said. "I'm protected after all," you said and rotated in slow motion.

Alice nodded but still looked concerned. "I promise, everything's going to be okay," you said. You gave her a hug.

"Oh, your zipper is stuck onto my suit," you laughed when you were trying to break the hug.

"Oh Han-ah," she laughed and undid the knot.

You gave her one more reassured look before entering the surgery room.

You suddenly remembered hearing a small tear in your suit but ignored it. You had entered the surgery room unprotected, and now you were sick. You winced as you felt pain everywhere in your body.

“Help,” you whispered. You felt your eye lids droop.

You winced once more as you heard the door slam open.

“Han-ah!” shouted Alice. She put her hand against your forehead, “You’re burning!”

You saw three blurry visions of Alice and you giggled. “T-There’s three of you,” you said.

“Han-ah! Snap out of it!” Alice said as she began to tear up.

Your eye lids finally gave in and you fell unconscious.

 

“Where are you going?” HyeSun asked.

“Somewhere,” Daehyun muttered as he put on his checkered sweater. He fixed the cuffs on the sleeves and corrected the collar. He sat on the bed and began to put on his socks.

“Daehyun, I need to know where you are going,” she said. “Are you meeting RaeRin?”

Daehyun gave a frustrated huff **At least she doesn’t mention Han-ah now** he thought. “Yeah, I’m meeting her,” he said and got off the bed. He headed towards the bathroom and began to comb his hair. HyeSun followed him and said, “I don’t approve of this relationship.”

Daehyun stopped combing his hair and looked at HyeSun. “You told me to go and eat dinner with your boss, and this is where it got us. Don’t put your anger on me when it was your fault starting from the beginning,” he growled. He slammed the comb onto the table and walked away. He headed towards the door and put on his shoes. He gave HyeSun one more glare and slammed the door. HyeSun stood by the bathroom door; she gave a frustrated huff and growled, “I’m losing my patience, Daehyun.”

 

Daehyun sighed as he left the apartment. He opened the door and cold wind blasted in as he shivered. He stood outside and stared at his surroundings for a couple of seconds before heading towards the surprise birthday party. He kept walking until he passed by Dog’s Heaven. He stared at the puppy that HyoJin had taken care of. He smiled and began walking once more.

 

“Open sesame." The door opened and Daehyun rolled his eyes. “Did I really had to say that?”

“Of course!” RaeRin said. “Now, HyoJin should be coming at around 15 minutes,” she said. “Just relax a bit for now.”

“Okay,” Daehyun said. He headed towards the dessert table and poured himself a cup of fruit punch. He took a sip and looked around. Suddenly, his phone rang. 

**Who is calling me now? I’m not expecting anyone** he thought. He looked at the Caller ID. Han-ah.

His heart skipped a beat. **She finally decided to talk to me** he thought happily. He didn’t hesitate to pick up.

“Hello,” he said happily.

“…”

His smile faltered and soon disappeared completely. “She’s what!”

Everyone at the party stared at Daehyun in confusion. But he didn’t care. RaeRin ran over to his side and gave him a concerned look. “Daehyun, what’s wrong?”

Daehyun hung up and looked at RaeRin before running out the door. “Daehyun! What-” But he didn’t hear her at all. **I need to get to the hospital now. Han-ah; Just wait a bit longer, I’m coming** he thought as he ran towards the hospital.