Chapter 23

Remembering You

 

“I change my mind,” Daehyun said.

 “Mr. Daehyun, are you sure about this sudden change of decision?” said the doctor.

Daehyun nodded, “She’s still alive and I’m willing to wait for her,” Daehyun said.

“But, she hasn’t woken up for 3 months already,” the doctor said. “Are you positive about this decision?”

“Yes, yes I am,” Daehyun sighed.

“…Very well then,” the doctor said. “I will see that it will not be shut down.”

“Thank you,” Daehyun said and left the office. He smiled **Wake up soon Han-ah**

The doctor sighed and shook his head, “Wonderful, more work for me then,” he said sarcastically.

 

Daehyun took a deep breath and opened the door to your mansion. He had gotten the spare key from Alice. He walked inside and closed the door. He ran upstairs and into your room. He wanted to find clues to continue the missing memories he had not remembered. He searched under the table, in the closet, in the drawers-there was nothing. Daehyun sighed and sat down onto the bed. He sighed and swung his legs back and forth due to boredom.

*Thud*

Daehyun was confused and got off the bed. He kneeled onto his knees and took out what was underneath the bed. It was a box, on the side, it was written, Daehyun. Curious to what was inside, he opened the box. He took out a burnt chopstick and remembered his attempt to cook. He put it aside and took out the sweater he had forgotten in your office. He then took out a small journal. Daehyun sat comfortably and leaned against the bed. He opened the first page and it read:

Dear Journal,

            Daehyun has attempted to cook breakfast but has failed. I was watching him cook before I said startled him. I didn’t want to disturb him, but I also didn’t want the mansion to burn down. I had decided to teach Daehyun how to cook, it will be useful when he is hungry when I am not there to cook for him. It had taken many practices and explaining in order for Daehyun to understand and be able to cook a decent pancake. He had enjoyed the pancakes that we had made together.

It seems that I have been thinking about the past again…B.A.P just won’t leave my mind. I want to know what has happened to them, but I haven’t found any clues. I still have Jongup’s note as a keepsake and read it over and over again, but I just can’t find any clues…

Well, I guess I shouldn’t be bothered by that. It has been years…the mission now is to regain Daehyun’s memory which is important. But I wonder if he felt that shock that I did?...

 

Daehyun was shocked at what he had just read. He flipped the page and continued reading.

 

Dear Journal,

            I have decided to keep a box of his things. I feel as though hope if completely gone. He just confuses me into thinking of many possibilities. He’s just so hard to understand sometimes. He leads me on and then abandons me, repeating this cycle over and over again. I wonder what is going on in his head…Does he not see the pain I feel? It seems not…

 

Dear Journal,

            I have taken Daehyun back to the sea, in hope of retrieving his memories. HyeSun is coming tomorrow to pick up Daehyun…this was the last day I was going to see him. I didn’t tell him because…because I was going to break down if I did. I had asked him if he remembered anything. He had not, and I was upset but I could do nothing about it.

            I had gotten uncomfortable when he asked about the ring on my finger. It was a bit upsetting he had not remembered such an important…important memory. I answered him with a vague but simple reply.  I hope I will see him again one day.

 

Daehyun continued to read through the Journal until one of them caught his eye.

 

Dear Journal,

            I am very angry, depressed, and sad. It seems that all my hard work is pointless and useless. Why are such complicated events occurring? Why can’t I just have a happy relationship with Daehyun? First, I had to compete with myself to get a hold of Daehyun and get back his memories. Then HyeSun had come along and happens to be his girlfriend. And now there is another girl with him…What is this?

            I was standing outside of the market waiting for Alice when I saw them exit a couple’s café. My heart sank and turned dim. The sweater I had washed and ironed was completely forgotten as I watched them talk and laugh…

            It seems as though we just weren’t meant to be…even so, I would at least like Daehyun to remember B.A.P and I. The life he had when he first landed on Earth. It is selfish of me to continue on like this, even though I know I’ll end up getting hurt...But I love Daehyun and I will always love him. I need to hurry and get his memories back before they completely disappear…

 

Daehyun stopped reading and now understood why you had been giving him the cold shoulder that time.

“She misunderstood…she thought I was in a relationship with RaeRin,” Daehyun murmured. He groaned out of frustration. “Now she won’t wake up and there’s nothing I can do but wait…why is this so hard?”

 

Back in the hospital, everyone was busy. Back in your room:

*Beep Beep Beep*

The lines in the machine zig zagged up and down, repeatedly. A nurse had entered into your room to check up on you when suddenly, your fingers began twitched a bit again. The nurse didn’t notice, your eyes slowly began to open. You blinked several times. The nurse finally noticed a movement, “You’re awake Han-ah! I’ll be right back!” The nurse came back with Alice and the doctor.

“Han-ah, it’s good to have you back,” he said. You nodded but you weren’t looking in the right place. You looked…lost and distracted.

“H-Han-ah?” said the doctor. He quickly took out his flashlight and opened your eye’s wider. He flashed the light into your eyes, you didn’t even blink. Your eyes were foggy, white, and dull inside…

“Oh no…this is not good,” the doctor murmured.

You were alive…but you were blind.