Chapter 36

Remembering You

 


You and Daehyun sat on the opposite ends of the bed, not knowing what to say to one another.

“…H-How are the others?” you said.

“They’re fine,” Daehyun replied. “They don’t remember anything, they’ll wake up in the hospital by tomorrow.”

“So tomorrow is the dead line,” you murmured.

“…Han-ah, do you want me to stay here?” Daehyun asked.

Your fingers played with the edges of your shirt as you collected your thoughts. “…It’s not about whether I want you to stay here or not,” you said. “It’s about how you want your life to be.”

“What are you trying to say?” Daehyun asked.

“What I'm trying to say is, go back to Planet Mato,” you said. You didn’t dare turn around to face him, you just couldn’t.

“Han-ah, you know I wouldn’t do that,” he said. “Not after all this! We finally have the chance to start all over again and you want to just end it?”

“We did have a chance to start all over again,” you said. “I did, you did, we all did. You should’ve left that day with B.A.P. You shouldn’t have stayed behind.”

Daehyun couldn’t believe his ears as he listened to you speak. “Han-ah, please tell me this is not what you want to tell me.”

“It is,” you said. “Things would’ve probably been better if you didn’t stay…face it Daehyun, we were never meant to be together.”

“Don’t say that! What is wrong with you? Aren’t you supposed to be smiling at me, telling me that everything will be okay?”

“Nothing will be okay if you stay here,” you said, your voice escalating. You took a deep breath and continued, “Nothing will ever be okay between the two of us…”

Daehyun shivered as he felt the room temperature drop. “Han-ah…” he whispered.

“Go away, please,” you said as you continued to face the other way. “Just leave…”

*Thump*

You felt your heart stop as you tears began to brim your eyes. You slowly turned around and covered your mouth as Daehyun laid on the ground. You quickly ran towards him and hugged him.

“I’m sorry, please,” you cried. “Yongguk! Jongup! Anyone,” you said as you continued to cry. Your tears sliding down your face. “I didn’t mean what I said, please, wake up.”

 

“He’s been here too long,” Yongguk murmured as he stared at his dongsaeng’s pale face.

“But hyung, he won’t leave,” Jongup said. “We can’t just force him, it's his decision.”

“...Can I be alone with Daehyun for a bit?” you asked.

Yongguk hesitated before nodding, “Everyone, out.” B.A.P piled out of the room. He casted you a worried glance before closing the door.

"..."

“Why are you always so stubborn, Daehyun?” you murmured. “Why can’t you do as you were told and just leave? You’re making things harder for everyone…” you said as a tear slipped down your eye. You stared at his face for a couple of more seconds. You sighed as you stood up and walked away when someone pulled you back down onto the bed.

“Daehyun,” you squeaked.

“Shhh,” he murmured as he hugged you tight against the waist. “Don’t say anything…”

You obeyed as you stayed still. You could feel Daehyun’s heart beating at a steady rate. Your rested your head on his chest and said, “I-”

“I’ll go back,” he said.

“W-What?” you said.

“I’ll go back to Planet Mato,” he said. “I’ll do as I am told, but know that I am not doing this because I want to.”

You smiled and nodded, “Alright.”

“And one more thing,” he said. “You must do me a favor.”

“What kind of favor?” you asked.

“I want you to forget about us,” he said.

“What!” you shouted as you quickly got off the bed. “I’m not doing that."

“Then I’m not leaving,” he said. “You pick, I either stay or I leave but you must forget about us.”

“H-How am I supposed to even forget about you guys? I just can’t,” you said.

“There is a way,” Daehyun murmured.

 

You stared at the big machine in front of you. You felt suffocated inside the heated room. You glanced at Yongguk as he nodded. Jongup grabbed your hand and gave it a squeeze, showing you his support. He led you towards the big machine and you laid down. He gave you a weak smile before leaving. He closed the door and headed towards Yongguk.

“Just breathe,” Yongguk said through the microphone. “It’s not going to hurt, I promise. Now…just close your eyes at the count of 10,” he said as he began to press several buttons.

“1…” as you took several deep breathes. “2…” as you gulped down and breathed again. “3...4...5…6…” you looked up and saw Daehyun in a wheel chair. He stood by the door and watched. “8…” A tear slipped down your face as you stared back. “9…”

“I love you,” he mouthed.

“I love you, too,” you whispered back. “10,” you closed your eyes as you felt yourself drifting further and further away. The last image in your head were the tears sliding down Daehyun's eyes.