Chapter Two

Once Upon an Autumn Love Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

─Chapter Two;

The robins chirped loudly as Ae Young tiredly opened her eyes. She looked up at a white ceiling and turned her head to the left to examine the room further. In the far left corner of the room was a dark brown dresser with black floral detailing. Next to the dress there was an open window. The pink and white curtains blocked out most of the sunlight, but tiny rays of sunlight managed to escape the curtain and find its way into the room beaming down on the hard wood floor. She looked further and at the end of her bed sat a white dresser with purple floral detailing. Ae Young’s eyes traveled to across the room where she found a neatly made bed. The blue blanket was wrinkle free and the white pillow looked like no one had slept there.

“You’re awake,” a voice said from the door way which was only a few feet away from where Ae Young was sleeping.

Ae Young jumped slightly and looked up to see who was talking. It was the old lady from the night before. Her grey hair still up in that tight bun on top of her head. She wore a warm smile and walked closer to Ae Young with a change of clothes for Ae Young.

“I’ve brought you a dress and new shoes,” she told Ae Young showing her the light purple dress along with the black flats she held in her hands. Along with that change of clothes there was a brush and a purple head band to go along with the outfit.

Ae Young remained silent as she slowly sat up and brought her knees to her chest.

The old lady frowned a little before she set the clothes down by Ae Young’s feet. She put on a smile once more before she said to Ae Young, “I’ll be outside when you’re done changing.” With that the old lady made her way outside and closed the door behind her.

Ae Young felt tears rush into her eyes as she slowly let her knees down. She no longer had the happy and warm good morning her mother gave to her each and every day.

Ae Young carefully slipped off the bed and took a hold of the dress before she started to undress.

 

Once Ae Young was done she opened the door to find the old lady outside waiting for her like she told her she would be.

“Done?” the lady asked looking down at Ae Young with a smile. Ae Young nodded her head slightly.

“Let’s get going now then, dear,” the old lady said as she held her hand out for Ae Young.

Ae Young hesitantly took her hand and began to walk with her. Her eyes darted everywhere as she took in what would be her new home.

Ae Young and the old lady walked down and open hallway which gave a nice view of the playground and open fields. The grassed shimmered against the sunlight that reflected off of the water droplets from last night’s rain. The birds flew from tree to tree gathering food for their young. Rabbits could be seen in the tall grass eatin

Please log in to read the full chapter