Chapter One

Once Upon an Autumn Love Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

─ Chapter One;

The grey clouds rolled in as the schools bell rang letting the preschool teachers know school was over. Each teacher with their class walked down the busy hallways outside. The little children ran out happily with all their teachers telling them not to run off until their parents arrived. One little girl stuck to her teachers side. She wore a white and pink dress with white stockings and black shoes. Her hair was in pigtails and a pink backpack hung off her shoulders.

“See your mom yet, Ae Young?” her teacher asked looking down at the little girl with a smile.

“No,” she replied with a small frown. Her mom was usually always on time and she would usually always be the first one gone. It worried her where her mom was.

“I’m sure she’ll be here soon,” her teacher said optimistically as her gaze went back to the rest of her students leaving. Ae Young just stood there patiently waiting for her mom.

Through the crowd a middle aged woman rushed towards them with a name badge and a black apron on over her dark blue jeans and brown jacket. Her hair was tied up in a tight bun except for a few strands of her black hair that framed her oval face. Her eyes dashed with a very light cover of brown eye shadow and her eyelashes coated in a little mascara. Her lips colored with a light pink. She quickly approached Ae Young and her teacher.

“I’m so sorry for the wait. I got caught up at work,” she panted.

“Oh it’s fine. Just on time,” Ae Young’s teacher replied with a smile.

“Hi mommy,” Ae Young said with a bright grin looking up at her mom.

“Hi, darling. Come along now, Mommy has things to do still,” she said to her daughter holding out her hand. Ae Young took her mom’s hand and said her goodbyes to her teacher like she always did.

Her mother pulled her along and in a swift motion picked her daughter up carrying Ae Young in her arms. Ae Young looked at her mom and then at the buildings they were passing. Ae Young knew this place well. She passed by these buildings all the time.

“Mommy,” Ae Young said softly.

“Yes, darling. What is it?” her mom asked walking quickly.

“It looks like it’s going to rain,” she told her mom looking up at the dark grey sky.

Her mom glanced at the sky and frowned before she scurried to a candle shop and walked inside. She placed Ae Young on the ground and grabbed her daughter’s hand pulling her towards the check out counter.

“Hyuna?” Ae Young’s mom called out in the empty candle store.

“Yes?” a voice called from the back room. A few moments later a younger woman walked out in an apron just like Ae Young’s mom. Her hair was also up in a tight bun.

“Can you watch Ae Young while I run across the street and buy some groceries?” Ae Young’s mom asked the girl, Hyuna.

“Sure thing Gina,” Hyuna replied with a huge smile. She loved watching Ae Young; she was probably the cutest and smartest child she’s even babysat.

“Hi, Unnie,” Ae Young spoke waving at Hyuna.

“Hello, Sweetie,” Hyuna said sweetly as she walked around the counter and bent down to Ae Young’s height. She smiled and picked her up.

“I’ll be back in a few,” Ae Young’s mom said as she walked out the door the bells ringing behind her.

“Let’s play Ae Young,” Hyuna cooed carrying Ae Young to the back room.

 

Ae Young was coloring with Hyuna when the bells on the door rang.

“Stay here okay Ae Young?” Hyuna asked as she stood up and fixed her apron before she walked to the front counter. Ae Young obeyed and continued to color her picture of her and her mom.

When Hyuna walke

Please log in to read the full chapter